The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 02-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #51
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Cool Re: Q & A w/Louis Leterrier: Round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Advanced Dark, any idea when we will get the answers?
I'd imagine before Monday. Could be today but you never know.

Advanced Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #52
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick

Default Re: Q & A w/Louis Leterrier: Round 2

As a fellow filmmaker, what do you consider you're filmmaking style, either visual, narrative or audio? And how will this impact on The Incredible Hulk, where on the sliding scale of Marvel-------LL film will it be?

Thanks, CyrusBales.

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #53
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Louis

Modern CB movies seem to take a lot of influence from other CB movies of the recent and distant past, for example: Superman Returns and the Spiderman movies are heavily influenced by the Donner Superman movies, Constantine and Ghost Rider seem to be influenced by the Blade movies, etc. Superman Returns even lifted a scene straight from the 1st Hulk movie and used it in a major sequence.

Will any CB movies that have come before influence any parts of TIH for you?

Also, just out if curiosity, what are your top 5 CB movies out today?

AVEITWITHJAMON

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3

Last edited by AVEITWITHJAMON; 02-02-2007 at 10:57 AM.
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #54
Cracker Jack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman Returns even lifted a scene straight from the 1st Hulk movie and used it in a major sequence.

What was this?

Old 02-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #55
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker Jack View Post
What was this?
Superman's unconscious descent from space after carrying New Krypton up to it was exactly the same as when Hulk fell off the jet and plummeted back to earth. Some of the angle's are even the same. I LOVE both movies though.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #56
HULKFish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weadazoid View Post
Something to consider.

LL, Instead of having the Hulk get bigger as he gets angrier to provide a visual of increased streangth would you ever consider the idea that muscle tone, and muscle mass, and vascularity would simply increase instead? In other words instead of having the Hulk grow to say 15 feet tall, keep him at a max of 8 to 9, but increase his mass, to the point where when he is at his angriest he is a quivering bristling wrecking ball of muscle and sinew. The first films CG team studied physics and how a body builder moves, but in the comics realism isn't that much of a neccesity, the Hulk can at times ( depending on Artist of couse) apear to be beyond any ability to flex and bend. Take for instance the McFarland (early 90's) Hulk, gracefull in leaps and action, yet at the same time totaly unrealistic. Too much time can be spent on realism and physics at times with CGI, the beauty of CGI, is you can make your own physics, just like an artist.
exactly!! Perfectly worded! Bigger and greener as he gets angrier is just dumb... Should work with his face too attaining the HULK grimace as a result of his Jekyl/Hyde type of anger...

“Fear not the legends of men… Stay the course for the
sake of thy journey, for death and despair will remain constant
along the path.” ~ Mandivor

Marlsbeth thread

Visit MARLSBETH
HULKFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #57
walternewell
Side-Kick

A couple of quick questions:
- Will we see an appearance by Samuel Sterns, aka the Leader?
- Will the Hulk perform his "thunderclap" attack during the movie?
- Any chance of seeing the Hulkbusters go one on one with the big green guy?
- Is there the possibility of any other Hulk foes making an appearance (i.e. Madman, Flux, Rock and Redeemer)?
- Is there the possibility of seeing the Hulk as "Mr. Fixit" in this film?

Old 02-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #58
Cracker Jack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman's unconscious descent from space after carrying New Krypton up to it was exactly the same as when Hulk fell off the jet and plummeted back to earth.
I guess. I really thing you should try and watch movie without comparing them to Hulk. LOL I don't want to go round and round over this but does that mean anytime someone fall back to earth, unconscious, that it was taken from Angs Hulk? That silly.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #59
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
I guess. I really thing you should try and watch movie without comparing them to Hulk. LOL I don't want to go round and round over this but does that mean anytime someone fall back to earth, unconscious, that it was taken from Angs Hulk? That silly.
How is it silly when Ang's Hulk did it first? Also the way SR does it is practically the same. And CJ i watch all movies comparing them to Hulk, were did you get that from? I just noticed the similarity between the scene's.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #60
saint sinner x
Side-Kick

If you get to read my post lou, I just have two questions I enjoy the hulk theme song by danny elfman alot will you danny elfman do the score? and exactly how action packed will the sequel be?

"Now, longly hearts and Sunday School teachers like to say that the rain is the tears of God. But God doesn't bother to cry on Gotham. This rain? If it comes from Him...it's not His tears."
saint sinner x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #61
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Dark View Post
I'd imagine before Monday. Could be today but you never know.
Ok thanks

Old 02-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #62
Cracker Jack
Side-Kick

Quote:
CJ i watch all movies comparing them to Hulk, were did you get that from? I just noticed the similarity between the scene's.
Jamon I was joking. I understand the similarities but to say it was lifted from Hulk is silly. IMO. Like when King Kong came out and, I don't think it was you, someone said that the King Dino fight was taken from the Hulk dog fight. It's just silly to me Jamon. I'm not bashing anyone

Old 02-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #63
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Jamon I was joking. I understand the similarities but to say it was lifted from Hulk is silly. IMO. Like when King Kong came out and, I don't think it was you, someone said that the King Dino fight was taken from the Hulk dog fight. It's just silly to me Jamon. I'm not bashing anyone
Well fair enough i think the scene's are there to be compared as they are so similar. And there is definately influence there as some of the camera angles are exactly the same. I think that scene in SR was definately lifted from Hulk.

Also, i think the Hulk vs Dogs fight did influence the KongvsV-Rex fight, they are very similar.

But nothing wrong with Directors drawing inspiration from other movies.

I just think because you hate Hulk so much you dont like to see people drawing influence from it, which is a natural reaction BTW.

Last edited by AVEITWITHJAMON; 02-02-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #64
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Smile Re: Q & A w/Louis Leterrier: Round 2

ALL ABOVE SENT

Advanced Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #65
Cracker Jack
Side-Kick

Quote:

I just think because you hate Hulk so much you dont like to see people drawing influence from it, which is a natural reaction BTW.
I'll agree that there's nothing wrong with Directors drawing inspiration from other movies.

No. It has nothing to do with if I like Angs Hulk or not. Untill you said that that scene was lifted from SR it never crossed my mind that it might have been. But what else were they going to do in SR when Superman lifted the island off the planet? Have him float around in space? He had to fall back to earth otherwise he would have been dead. If that were the case Ang lifted his scene from the TV movie The Death of the Hulk when the Hulk fell to the ground. You see what I'm saying. It's kinda silly.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #66
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

Hello there Mr Leterrier,
Thank you for taking time to answer questions, we all greatly appreciate this level of closeness from one of the major players in the movie. Now for my questions:

1- I'm big on psychology and character development, we all know hulk is not always angry and is at times nothing more than a scared and angry child, will we see little moments where in his solitude he appears inquisitive and less of a monster on an emotional level?

2- Will we see the hulk in a slight heroic role? Sometimes due to fighting the military and the sheer amount of destruction he can be seen as a villain, but usually the public realizes he's the good guy because he's provoked or defeats the main villain

3- I'm not asking for spoilers but will there be any slight hints to an expanded Marvel universe? What I mean is usually in comic moves it's isolated and other heroes are not even refereced, is there any chance that we could get the idea that there are more super beings in other parts of this movie's world?

Well that's all for now. Thanks for everything,
Dais/ShockDingo

Shockdingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #67
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
I'll agree that there's nothing wrong with Directors drawing inspiration from other movies.

No. It has nothing to do with if I like Angs Hulk or not. Untill you said that that scene was lifted from SR it never crossed my mind that it might have been. But what else were they going to do in SR when Superman lifted the island off the planet? Have him float around in space? He had to fall back to earth otherwise he would have been dead. If that were the case Ang lifted his scene from the TV movie The Death of the Hulk when the Hulk fell to the ground. You see what I'm saying. It's kinda silly.
Maybe Ang did lift it from DOTIH, i dont know i never saw it. But just watch both scene's from Hulk and SR together and they are almost identical, so no i dont think it is silly to compare them, sorry.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #68
Cracker Jack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe Ang did lift it from DOTIH, i dont know i never saw it. But just watch both scene's from Hulk and SR together and they are almost identical, so no i dont think it is silly to compare them, sorry.
Fair enough. Let end this so this thread doesn't go sideways.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #69
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Fair enough. Let end this so this thread doesn't go sideways.
Agree to disagree, no problem

Old 02-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #70
batboy99
BTVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer00 View Post
"Betty Ross was not a hottie, she was an average girl. The casting was poor. I hope you really do your homework on the original information."

Whoever asked that is out of their mind
seriously,its jen connely dammit!

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #71
Cracker Jack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agree to disagree, no problem
Yep, so how bout dem Bears?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #72
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Yep, so how bout dem Bears?
LOL

Old 02-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #73
Sava
Dont cry, my dear

Hey LL, just one question, is the script finished and have you read it?

Sava

When you can see the future, you think you're capable of changing it, but you're just a witness to coming moments, unable to help -The Air I Breathe
Sava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #74
Expertnope

Mr. Leterrier, will you introduce any new friends of the Hulk from the comics? Will you also have a reference to the Leader in the movie?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #75
Kid_Kaos
Clark's Pal

Lightbulb Re: Q & A w/Louis Leterrier: Round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
General Ross has been nicknamed "Thunderbolt" since day 1. It refers to his explosive temper, not to any super powers.
I must admit, I'm not much of a comic fan. I just checked Wiki and it states that Ross got powers at a certain time and died later in a fight. And because of the highlighed "Thunderbolt" answer I was curious if he got them in the movie too. Like, first he wants to kill Banner, but in the end he helps him and dies heroically, or not. It's a movie, anything can happen.