The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: I will...
Definitely see the sequel. 79 63.71%
Ony see the sequel if it has more action, better costume etc.. 4 3.23%
Only see the sequel if it has no continuity w/ SR, no kid, no Richard etc.. 11 8.87%
Wait and decide based on more info. 18 14.52%
Definitely not see the sequel. 12 9.68%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #301
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Default Re: Any SR fans just as excited at the idea of a new Superman movie franchise?

I half agree with you

Old 10-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #302
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: Any SR fans just as excited at the idea of a new Superman movie franchise?

Disagree in that you would not look forward to MOS Singer sequel as other option to restart?

Old 10-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #303
A Dark Knight
Side-Kick

I liked SR, I think that it was a great movie, to me right now Routh is Superman and Spacey was great as Lex, I know that some people didn't like it and I can understand why and I have no problem with that, but IMO SR was a good movie.

I would like to see MOS, I like the idea of a much more action based Superman film and I am hoping that we will get to see Brainiac and Lex team up, I would give Singer another shot because of what he did with X2 and I think he would make a great follow up.

But with all that said, if we were not going to get MOS, then the best thing I can think of is a total restart with no influence from the other films, just a total new film to kick the whole thing off that is true to who and what Superman is.

A Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #304
bgshw44
Side-Kick

i want the best SR sequel possible, i dont care who wrtes it or who directs it

bgshw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #305
The Batman
The Dark Knight

I just want a superman film that kicks SR's ass, and the ass of any comic movie of the past decade

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #306
El Payaso
Banned User

I was expecting for a new franchise since before I knew Singer was on board.

After SR I'm not against a re-imagining of the Superman movies. I just fear this "re-imagining" could end up being a festival of clichés and formulas copied from other superhero movies. But I'm not against it at all.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #307
batman44
Go Speed GO

Yeah, basically I'm just looking forward to a good Superman. I'd much more prefer a reboot, but wouldn't mind a sequel to SR.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #308
Naite22
Side-Kick

I wanna see a ****ing sequel to SR! It freaken deserves it, despite of what some people say! SR was incredibly beautiful! And a sequel would have all the potential in the world! Bring in some new writers to pin an awesome script, and green-light this thing! FORGET JLA! It's destined to fail.

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #309
Mentok
Side-Kick

I would much rather see a continuation of the Superman we have now. A reboot could work just fine, depending who is on the project though.

Routh needs to be Superman though.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #310
unknowndarkness
Banned User

I wouldnt be a fan of a new rebooted franchaise.

We have an existing Superman franchaise thats grounded in a real-world type presentation and an upcoming JL franchaise grounded in fantasy.

With JL introducing a new Superman in the JL films, I think it would be chaotic to introduce another Superman in new solo films so soon.

2 new Supermen in the tights this soon after Brandon Routh is bad move.

unknowndarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #311
Lobo
skip skip skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
I liked SR, I think that it was a great movie, to me right now Routh is Superman and Spacey was great as Lex, I know that some people didn't like it and I can understand why and I have no problem with that, but IMO SR was a good movie.

I would like to see MOS, I like the idea of a much more action based Superman film and I am hoping that we will get to see Brainiac and Lex team up, I would give Singer another shot because of what he did with X2 and I think he would make a great follow up.

But with all that said, if we were not going to get MOS, then the best thing I can think of is a total restart with no influence from the other films, just a total new film to kick the whole thing off that is true to who and what Superman is.

I'm going to co sign this post

Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 AM   #312
Angeloz
Side-Kick

I'd prefer a sequel to "Superman Returns". Also I love Brandon in the part and I'd think it'd be a travesty if he's replaced. I doubt there'd be anyone as good as he is currently. And I don't want them to try to replace him. Unless it's in 20-30 years. By the way I can and do love more than one version of the character.

Angeloz

Angeloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #313
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Ever since i watched SR i prayed for a New franchise... looks like god is listening to my prayers.... Routh was ok but i think theres many better choices then him... i liked spacey but i dont we will get him back... baiscally a fresh idea would be great....

id like to see Donner take a stab at it or co-direct it with Micheal Bay but i guess i cant get everything i want

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #314
Superman_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post

Agreed

Superman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #315
CrazyDavey
Side-Kick

As long as Brandon Routh and Kevin Spacey return, I don't really care what they do. Just make it good.

CrazyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #316
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I'm going to co sign this post
Ditto'd.

It's funny, since I told my girlfriend about the backing out of the writers, she has been annoying the CRAP out of me to write a treatment (I want to be a screenwriter and have several things I would like to see in a Superman reboot). I WANT to see something like Birthright with some changes made here and there. Thanks to Infinite Crisis though, that is being completely retconned so it seems silly to do that now.

Rogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #317
Heretic
Side-Kick

I'm fine with a SR sequel...as long as theres more ation and the events of the movie lead to a new status uo that can be used as a launhing pad away the Donnerverse. The story interests me, but by the end I want Lois single, the kid gone and Supes standing victorous over a MONUMENTAL foe. I think you an arry on without the baggage without doing a rebot, you just have to get the baggage out of the way.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #318
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

I still don't see how they can retell the origin of Superman after Superman Returns: a remake after a sequel that looks like a remake?
IMO it should be the perfect way to destroy the franchise for 20-30 years.

Are there really any exec that thinks that a superhero movie can still do far more than 200m in the US?

Ita-KalEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #319
Angeloz
Side-Kick

Other than "Spider-Man" I assume.

Angeloz

Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #320
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning54SC View Post

id like to see Donner take a stab at it or co-direct it with Micheal Bay but i guess i cant get everything i want
Micheal Bay? Please tell me you're joking. Bay is only good at using actiong & special effects. He is terrible at using story. Look at Transformers. It has great stuff, but lack heart & a good story. I rather Singer do another Superman than Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDavey View Post

As long as Brandon Routh and Kevin Spacey return, I don't really care what they do. Just make it good.
Same here. I want Singer to return if he can pull off a X2 on the sequel if that happend.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #321
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

And Superman should be able to kick Spider-Man's skinny white thorax!

If they want Superman to do well, they need to give the audience something to get excited about. Superman Returns was a good movie but it wasn't an awesome movie. Awesome movies make money. Good movies get high scores at Rotten Tomatoes.

Superman, should it follow the current trend of trilogies should give us the following.

1-A character driven piece focusing on Clark Kent while at the same time giving us enough action to stand up and cheer for the Man of Steel. Not TOO much, mind you but enough.

2-Much more action, a more plot driven piece but with subplot(s) that are character driven (ie-Lois and Clark building romance). Don't give it an Empire ending but deffinately give us a hint at the next film. I think have Brainiac as a villain, have him escape Earth and give his findings to a mysterious figure..revealing that Earth contains the data he has been searching for and we end on Darksied declaring a war on Earth.

3-Action action action! Keep the plot simple, give Clark and Lois plenty of scenes together, and just keep the hits coming! Finish off character development from the first film, any loose ends, ect. REALLY play up that final fight between Darksied and Superman. The truth is I think you could do Darksied without having to show New Genisis as much. End it with Superman trapping Darksied in the Source Wall ala Supergirl from Krypton.

But this is just me.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #322
Angeloz
Side-Kick

I want Singer too. But if Bay were to do it at best I'd get the DVD. Assuming I'd even bother to do that. I'd probably wait for it to be very cheap too.

Angeloz

Old 11-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #323
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogzilla View Post
Ditto'd.

It's funny, since I told my girlfriend about the backing out of the writers, she has been annoying the CRAP out of me to write a treatment (I want to be a screenwriter and have several things I would like to see in a Superman reboot). I WANT to see something like Birthright with some changes made here and there. Thanks to Infinite Crisis though, that is being completely retconned so it seems silly to do that now.

id kill for a birthright set movie

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #324
BigBlue1055
Man of Tomorrow

I honestly believe that if WB was to try and reboot at this point, they would completely doom the Superman franchise for another 20 years. If they want to can Singer, and bring in a new director, fine, but they have to pick up where SR left off. You can't keep having these reboots and redo's over and over again, especially since that was what Superman Returns was supposed to do.

Also, with the whole Birthright story line, I agree that there are some classic scenes/images that would work very very well on the big screen, but there are some major things that would have to change about Birthright as well. (ex: Superman's "soul" vision)

BigBlue1055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #325
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

Yeah, that would be one of the changes I would make myself.

Also, I would sort of wrap up the Kryptonian story line by the end of the film, if you follow me. There doesn't need to be a film series based on Superman fighting Kryptonian villains.