The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: I will...
Definitely see the sequel. 79 63.71%
Ony see the sequel if it has more action, better costume etc.. 4 3.23%
Only see the sequel if it has no continuity w/ SR, no kid, no Richard etc.. 11 8.87%
Wait and decide based on more info. 18 14.52%
Definitely not see the sequel. 12 9.68%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #326
Tomar-Re
Side-Kick

Default Re: Any SR fans just as excited at the idea of a new Superman movie franchise?

The Doomsday animated movie would look great in live action.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #327
Angeloz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Any SR fans just as excited at the idea of a new Superman movie franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomar-Re View Post
I doubt it because it'd be hard to make Doomsday look good in real life or live action. I can't comment on the film itself as we don't have it here yet.

Angeloz

Angeloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #328
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

For me, if they make a Superman re-boot, i'll be both very dissapointed and skeptical, why? Because we all know it is going to be more mainstream, meaning more catering to the GA, which IMO means young actor's who arent right for the role, stupid action scene's peppered throughout which mean nothing because we barely know the characters involved, not to mention a crappy love story that wouldnt be fit for The OC, and we will get an average movie at best.

Thats what i loved about SR, it wasnt mainstream, or cliched or made to cater to teens or any **** like that, and it had more emotion than 90% of movies coming out today, it was so different and refreshing, and **** action, to me emotion and character scene's are FAR more important to a movie than action.

If they go for a re-boot, without both Brandon and Singer, i guarantee we'll get an FF type movie, and sorry, but i just dont want that.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:16 PM   #329
MaceB
Side-Kick

If the SR team were smart, they would choose to reinvent the series while maintaining their original film. They already set up the leg work for some really great innovations:

1) We have a super kid coming...and through Superman's flashbacks, we know that the kid is gonna be super powerful pretty soon. A sorta super duo would be very interesting, indeed.

2) Lois Lane is clearly in love with Superman and not really in love with her husband. The two have a kid together for Christ's sakes. It's time for them to get together, and for her to permanently find out his Kent identity. It happened in the comics and it should happen in the movies.

3) There's a lot of room for Superman to evolve. SR basically painted the character as an insecure young man who peeps in on people and has a father complex. The transformation from that into a strong leader could be very interesting. In my mind, this would mean ditching the Kent alter ego and going Superman full time; that's who he really is anyway.

4) if it were me....I would get the Doomsday series moving...but that's doubtful to happen.

Basically, I feel like Superman has been this unchanging, unwavering boyscout character in all his movies so far. We finally have an opportunity to add some depth to the guy, and detail his personal journey into maturity...marriage and parenthood.

Last edited by MaceB; 11-05-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typos
MaceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #330
batman44
Go Speed GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
For me, if they make a Superman re-boot, i'll be both very dissapointed and skeptical, why? Because we all know it is going to be more mainstream, meaning more catering to the GA, which IMO means young actor's who arent right for the role, stupid action scene's peppered throughout which mean nothing because we barely know the characters involved, not to mention a crappy love story that wouldnt be fit for The OC, and we will get an average movie at best.

Thats what i loved about SR, it wasnt mainstream, or cliched or made to cater to teens or any **** like that, and it had more emotion than 90% of movies coming out today, it was so different and refreshing, and **** action, to me emotion and character scene's are FAR more important to a movie than action.

If they go for a re-boot, without both Brandon and Singer, i guarantee we'll get an FF type movie, and sorry, but i just dont want that.
I completly disagree. There isn't a shred of evidence or rule that says a reboot guarantee's a FF type film. Was Batman Begins anything like FF or OC and wasn't the Superman and Lois relationship alittle soap operish? What makes you think the general audience doesn't want a good story with good action to complement.

Now, I like SR alot more than most "haters", but after many viewing I'm not sure if I want to see that story continued. I wasn't that invested in characters or story and I don't want see Jason or this version Lex again. To me SR was a good farewell to the Donner universe and now I'm ready for something more in tuned with the comics (post-crisis for most part).

Most here, it seems, finds S:TM to be the perfect origin movie, but not me. I think a reboot could blow S:TM out the water with better characters, story, and action.

With all that said, if a SR sequel happens I won't be upset as there is a chance that Singer could knock it out the park, but I'll always prefer a reboot.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #331
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Tuesday November 6th...

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #332
wellsy
All crews reporting.

Given what I've seen of JL, I'm not sure I can have much faith in WB's ability to find a director and script that combine to make an awesome movie.

By no means am I saying a reboot would be doomed to failure, but rather, the possibility exists, and is strong.

I'd personally rather a sequel to SR, with the characterisations a bit more sorted and consistent with their comic book counterparts, more action (when was that not actually considered in it), and a cool draw for a sequel to MoS.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:29 AM   #333
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
I completly disagree. There isn't a shred of evidence or rule that says a reboot guarantee's a FF type film. Was Batman Begins anything like FF or OC and wasn't the Superman and Lois relationship alittle soap operish? What makes you think the general audience doesn't want a good story with good action to complement.

Now, I like SR alot more than most "haters", but after many viewing I'm not sure if I want to see that story continued. I wasn't that invested in characters or story and I don't want see Jason or this version Lex again. To me SR was a good farewell to the Donner universe and now I'm ready for something more in tuned with the comics (post-crisis for most part).

Most here, it seems, finds S:TM to be the perfect origin movie, but not me. I think a reboot could blow S:TM out the water with better characters, story, and action.

With all that said, if a SR sequel happens I won't be upset as there is a chance that Singer could knock it out the park, but I'll always prefer a reboot.
There is no evidence to suggest an FF/OC type movie, have you seen what they are doing with JL? It sounds terrible and i dont want that for a Superman movie, sorry.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 11-06-2007, 04:30 AM   #334
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Double Post

Last edited by AVEITWITHJAMON; 11-06-2007 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:48 AM   #335
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Triple post, sorry.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:29 AM   #336
batman44
Go Speed GO

Quote:
There is no evidence to suggest an FF/OC type movie, have you seen what they are doing with JL? It sounds terrible and i dont want that for a Superman movie, sorry.
I don't know what's going on with JL. Every new rumor seems contradict the other, so I've taken everything with a grain of salt.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #337
WhatsHisFace
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomar-Re View Post
That movie sucked. It was just one big fight. There's a reason it went straight to DVD: THAT'S NOT HOW YOU MAKE A GOOD MOVIE.

Comic fans love crap like that, but as a Hollywood release it would be the next Dragon Wars.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #338
Obi Wan Kenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
I wanna see a ****ing sequel to SR! It freaken deserves it, despite of what some people say! SR was incredibly beautiful! And a sequel would have all the potential in the world! Bring in some new writers to pin an awesome script, and green-light this thing! FORGET JLA! It's destined to fail.
Totally agree with you. SR deserves a sequel. To reboot now with a new Superman & new Lex would be incredibly STUPID.

I'll boycott JLA if Routh isn't Supes in that film.

Warner Bros is the worst damn studio in the world when it comes to comics. They finally got it right with Batman after nearly killing that franchise with the last 2 films before BB.

We don't need a reboot. Just a great story introducing new super villians.

Obi Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #339
GreenKToo
In the fire

I just want another superman film, and it doesnt matter to me if singer and routh return or not. It's fine if they do, fine if they don't.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #340
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I just want another superman film, and it doesnt matter to me if singer and routh return or not. It's fine if they do, fine if they don't.
I am with you Greenie.

If you haven't already done so, Vote Bella in Hype Community.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #341
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:

Baby mama drama isn't an aging teensoap storyline? And they already hired people who were to young for their roles, I don't know very many people who would say that Kate Bosworth convincingly played a 30ish Lois Lane. Bosworth is that miscast OC actress you are talking about.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #342
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1977 View Post
Micheal Bay? Please tell me you're joking. Bay is only good at using actiong & special effects. He is terrible at using story. Look at Transformers. It has great stuff, but lack heart & a good story. I rather Singer do another Superman than Bay.

Same here. I want Singer to return if he can pull off a X2 on the sequel if that happend.
like i said have donner do most of the sotry and have Bay do the action

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #343
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Although I had fun with Transformers, Bay is too dumb of a director for my taste, I don't want him anywhere near a Superman movie.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #344
Angeloz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Although I had fun with Transformers, Bay is too dumb of a director for my taste, I don't want him anywhere near a Superman movie.
Again we agree. Should we worry about the consequences of possible world destruction?

Angeloz

Angeloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #345
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeloz View Post
Again we agree. Should we worry about the consequences of possible world destruction?

Angeloz
lol, this has to be a record...I'm going to my bunker now.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #346
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
I don't know what's going on with JL. Every new rumor seems contradict the other, so I've taken everything with a grain of salt.
But every rumour i heard sounds terrible, some of them have to be true.

Quote:
Baby mama drama isn't an aging teensoap storyline? And they already hired people who were to young for their roles, I don't know very many people who would say that Kate Bosworth convincingly played a 30ish Lois Lane. Bosworth is that miscast OC actress you are talking about.
I liked the love story in SR, and though Bosworth is young, she is a good actress, given the right material. Plus Brandon, Huntington, Langella, Posey and Spacey were all excellent and not too young for their roles IMO.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 PM   #347
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^Honestly we aren't ever going to agree because the fact is you liked the movie and I didn't. No hard feelings, just speaking the truth. I'm just saying that I don't think that we agree on one thing regarding that movie. And I want to clear something up, I'm not the one saying that Bosworth or Routh can't act, I honestly think that poor writing has me on the fence about Routh and Bosworth didn't display bad acting in the movie, I just think that she is all wrong for Lois. Not because she was 23 when she played the role but because she looked 23, I'll argue younger than 23. And, this is the most important one to me, even if the character was written as LL is mostly potrayed, spunky, I still think that she still would have been miscast.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 11-06-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #348
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Baby mama drama isn't an aging teensoap storyline?

"I beg to disagree"

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #349
batman44
Go Speed GO

Quote:
But every rumour i heard sounds terrible, some of them have to be true.
Well, I disagree that every rumor has been terrible. The supposed real script sounds pretty good imo while the other one was depressing and I have confidence that George Miller can deliver a good film.

I have no idea about the casting except that MEW tested for WW (which I dig), Common tested for GL (which I dig) and that Short guy turned down Gl (which I dig).

Old 11-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #350
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm there with you. I think a good reboot/shot in the arm is just what the series needs, create new interest. This doesn't mean dumbing down the characters or plot. At least, I hope it doesn't cause I am writing a treatment and if the characters and plot are too dumbed down...well then I failed! *cries*

Of course...it doesn't mean CRAP if I can't figure out how to get someone to read it...or if I should wait until after the strike to do so. The strike may be a perfect opportunity for me to sneak in.

Rogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote