The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: I will...
Definitely see the sequel. 79 63.71%
Ony see the sequel if it has more action, better costume etc.. 4 3.23%
Only see the sequel if it has no continuity w/ SR, no kid, no Richard etc.. 11 8.87%
Wait and decide based on more info. 18 14.52%
Definitely not see the sequel. 12 9.68%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2007, 11:55 AM   #451
Angeloz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Any SR fans just as excited at the idea of a new Superman movie franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mego joe View Post
True, that was in 1986 and the child was born after they got married as Mr. and Mrs. JORdan ELliot.

I'm assuming it is in the TPB. I read all those single issues when they first came out.
I see. Thanks for the information.

On what he could say to Jason - can't he apologise - and say, "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you in your early childhood. It doesn't mean I don't love you. Because I do very much and I'll do my best to show it."

Angeloz

Angeloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #452
Mikelus
Islander

Default Re: Any SR fans just as excited at the idea of a new Superman movie franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mego joe
Painful.

"Well, you see Jason, I wasn't around because, well, I was a jerk and just didn't care enough about you or your mom to explain that I would be gone for 5 years, so when I came back your mom was with Richard. She didn't know I was your father because she'd already jumped in the sack with Richard so she figured he was your father. No hard feeling, eh kid?"
You're cruel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice2020 View Post

lol!
"What's that? No, I'm not really SUperman, I just dress like him."
Superman having a kid and having to dealt with his kid is stupid. I know somebody @ WB is saying the Son should grow up and become Superman's arch nememis, (drumroll please)...."Superboy Prime". This same genius will point to the DC comic's "Infinite Crisis". Then our 'Golden Boy' Bryan Singer will love the idea b/c then Superman can't possible hit his own flesh and blood.

I can see it now...Superboy Prime is screaming at Superman saying "How come you weren't there for me DAD!?!"
Superman is like, "Son, I had to save the world" blah, blah, blah. Basic giving a speech to Superboy on using your powers for good, and how he grew up not knowing his parents too, etc, etc.

Another bad movie. Another flop.
LOL!

But guys, is so "beautiful drama", even Smallville can't beat it! Our Superman and Lois are so human, maybe he was a bit irresponsable, so what, it happens everyday, no big deal, Singer forever! [sarcasm mode off]

Mikelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #453
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeloz View Post
I see. Thanks for the information.

On what he could say to Jason - can't he apologise - and say, "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you in your early childhood. It doesn't mean I don't love you. Because I do very much and I'll do my best to show it."

Angeloz
But the fact that he didn't say goodbye to Lois works against him. And he certainly could say that, but again it's weighing down an action adventure character with cheesy, overused soap opera plot and melodrama. Additionally, it continues a story I have no interest in.

And do you want another Superman film that is based around SUperman learning about apologies and responsibility?

mego joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:47 AM   #454
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
But the fact that he didn't say goodbye to Lois works against him.
I think Superman would have gone to Krypton good-bye or not good-bye. And not knowing if he was coming back or not, he'd probably decided not to tell Jason he was his father so he could have saved his son the grief of the loss.

It's not like if that would have been the first time Superman decided by himself what his loved ones should remember about him or not (*kiss kiss*)

Quote:
And he certainly could say that, but again it's weighing down an action adventure character with cheesy, overused soap opera plot and melodrama.
It depends on the labels. We can also say SR's core powerful core plot about impossible love and fatherhood was weighed down by chessy caped underwear over the panties superhero corny stereotype.

See it works both ways?

Quote:
Additionally, it continues a story I have no interest in.
Now, THAT's honesty.

Quote:
And do you want another Superman film that is based around SUperman learning about apologies and responsibility?
If it's good, please bring it on. I'm all for non perfect Superman.

Last edited by El Payaso; 12-05-2007 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typos
El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #455
Angeloz
Side-Kick

Quote:
But the fact that he didn't say goodbye to Lois works against him. And he certainly could say that, but again it's weighing down an action adventure character with cheesy, overused soap opera plot and melodrama. Additionally, it continues a story I have no interest in.

Then why did you bring it up? I do assume you were joking. I just wanted to respond with a sincere statement. I'm not advocating for it to be in a film as I was responding to something you wrote. If they do have Jason in the next film I hope they can do something emotionally satisfying with him. But I do want it to be a Superman film. Also I hope I'll judge the film based on what it does. Mainly if I like it. I don't want to prejudge it. Or have preconceived requirements. As I said I do have standards but can accept different versions of the characters. However I do have preferences.

Angeloz

Angeloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #456
CLARKY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Am I the only one who liked SR, but look as much forward to a totally new Superman take being put on film?
To me Superman is bigger than any actor, director, writer, etc... I don't speak in fickle terms of popularity either. I'm saying the character comes first and believe me that feels lost on forums at times with the Routh vs Welling vs whoever arguments.
I'm excited at the idea of SR sequel. I would be too if there were another shot on the character, but SR isn't complete for me. Some things I loved and others I want to see. I'm waiting for some answers, and I can't wait to see what B.Singer has in store for Superman. I think SR didn't give his whole opinion on the character.

CLARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #457
That'ssuper!
Banned User

I would love to see the kid dead.

That'ssuper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #458
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeloz View Post
Then why did you bring it up? I do assume you were joking. I just wanted to respond with a sincere statement. I'm not advocating for it to be in a film as I was responding to something you wrote. If they do have Jason in the next film I hope they can do something emotionally satisfying with him. But I do want it to be a Superman film. Also I hope I'll judge the film based on what it does. Mainly if I like it. I don't want to prejudge it. Or have preconceived requirements. As I said I do have standards but can accept different versions of the characters. However I do have preferences.

Angeloz
I just can't see the situation realistically ending well, or a direct sequel having such a drastic shift in tone and approach that it won't be similar in these areas.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #459
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by That'ssuper! View Post
I would love to see the kid dead.
I would love to see the kid retconned from continuity entirely.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:15 AM   #460
wellsy
All crews reporting.

At least you're nice about it Mego .

I'm all for Jason in the sequel.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:48 AM   #461
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
At least you're nice about it Mego .

I'm all for Jason in the sequel.

Killing him just takes the franchise further away from the world of SUperman. It would cheapen the franchise further, as would making Richard White a villain.

IMO, he should never have existed, so that's what should happen next. I have a story idea for making that happen- a reboot organically within the story, but I would prefer complete and total reboot without ever referencing SR again. At least that way those who like SR are not COMPLETELY disenfranchised.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #462
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARKY View Post
I'm excited at the idea of SR sequel. I would be too if there were another shot on the character, but SR isn't complete for me. Some things I loved and others I want to see. I'm waiting for some answers, and I can't wait to see what B.Singer has in store for Superman. I think SR didn't give his whole opinion on the character.
Agreed, i think Bryan has a lot more to say and show about Superman, and i hope we get to see it.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #463
LexCorp
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Agreed, i think Bryan has a lot more to say and show about Superman, and i hope we get to see it.
Hey Jamon...longtime no chat.

Do you think a new TV show franchise would work? Like lois and clark but for a more modern way of doing it?

LexCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #464
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I agree aswell

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #465
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:

Killing him just takes the franchise further away from the world of SUperman. It would cheapen the franchise further, as would making Richard White a villain.
Same here. Like I mention in the past, killing off a kid as young as 6 in movie is too much & somewhat crossing the line. I prefer that he & Richard left Lois like divorced parents do and he move in with Richard. And never to be heard again. I would've gone with that if I wanted to get rid of the kid.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #466
DrunkSquirrel
Side-Kick

Enough with restarts. There is WAY too much story left in the SR continuity. Flesh out that continuing story line first and then if the studio wants to do a restart, go for it. I am personally getting tired of unfinished stories.

DrunkSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #467
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexCorp View Post
Hey Jamon...longtime no chat.

Do you think a new TV show franchise would work? Like lois and clark but for a more modern way of doing it?
Hey Lex, in my personal opinion Superman is too big for a T.V series, he should be on the big screen IMO, i mean i watch Smallville, but it just doesnt give me what i want from Superman, keep him on the big screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I agree aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkSquirrel View Post
Enough with restarts. There is WAY too much story left in the SR continuity. Flesh out that continuing story line first and then if the studio wants to do a restart, go for it. I am personally getting tired of unfinished stories.
Agreed, there is still plenty to be told, and i want to see were the story goes, i agree also that too many stories are finished prematurly in Hollywood.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #468
VenomsMom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkSquirrel View Post
Sometimes restarts are necessary.

VenomsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #469
Super Kal
Side-Kick

very true...

Old 05-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #470
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Who else is ready for any Superman movie announcement?

SR/REBOOT... Whatever?!

Anyone else just want an announcement our favorite character is coming back to the big screen?

At this point I will take a Brett Ratner announcement...

Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #471
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Default Re: Who else is ready for any Superman movie announcement?

Funny, I remember a thread like this last year around the SDCC.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #472
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

I'm more than ready.

Ita-KalEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #473
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Thumbs up Re: Who else is ready for any Superman movie announcement?

I'm ready....I'm ready.....I'm ready!!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #474
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

I'm ready...I just hope WB's ready too.

Dark_Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #475
Lobo
skip skip skip

Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote