The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: I will...
Definitely see the sequel. 79 63.71%
Ony see the sequel if it has more action, better costume etc.. 4 3.23%
Only see the sequel if it has no continuity w/ SR, no kid, no Richard etc.. 11 8.87%
Wait and decide based on more info. 18 14.52%
Definitely not see the sequel. 12 9.68%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #651
SatEL
Banned User

Default Re: Anticipation For Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan's roll'n View Post
Man Of Steel is coming out in 2010 right?
Hopefully not.

SatEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #652
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Hell, according to some folks insiders, he can't even choose his own writters and the budget will be even lower than 170mil, thats a far cry from the control and money he had on SR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo nerd View Post
. And if this rumors are true ( the 170 million budget, WB choosing the writers, etc.). I don't think Singer would be involved and IMO no director will want to continue Singer's story.
Looks more like 150-160 Million actually.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #653
dark_b
Side-Kick

i want routh as superman. if another director takes over please recast lois lane.
thank you.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #654
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

160 million should be enough for MOS...

If they do a reboot, I'd doubt the budget would be much higher than that, anyway.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #655
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Looks more like 150-160 Million actually.
Well, TIH and IM had great action scenes with that kind of budget. But I doubt Singer could handle it. He had more than 200 million for SR and the spectacular scene was the plane rescue.

nintendo nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #656
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I think he could, you have to remember 10 million was spent on a scene that didn't make the final cut. If you watch the movie you can see where the money was spent. The new krypton scene alone must have costed a great amount of money. Honestly, all he would have to do is invest the money in the right places.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #657
GreenKToo
In the fire

The cut RTK scene still pi$$es me off when I think about it. What a waste.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #658
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I know, what possesed them to keep the opening scene with luthor and not that scene. Personally, I want to see a sequel because I still think it can be great, but also for the fact that I would like to see a better cut of the film or at least the scenes that they took out. The script, IMO of course, was really well done, and i believe all of the scenes that were removed were filmed.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #659
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm sure 150 to 160mil is more than enough for a normal director but I wonder about Singer. Can he work with a certain budget anymore?

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 08-06-2008 at 11:11 AM.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #660
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Singer will have to get "creative."

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #661
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
I know, what possesed them to keep the opening scene with luthor and not that scene. Personally, I want to see a sequel because I still think it can be great, but also for the fact that I would like to see a better cut of the film or at least the scenes that they took out. The script, IMO of course, was really well done, and i believe all of the scenes that were removed were filmed.
It would have been a completely different film with all the cut scenes added in.
Personally, I never had the sense of a ''World that had moved on'' from Superman in S.R.
Maybe with the cut scenes, I would have had a better connection to that premise.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #662
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Well, wasn't the budget for X-Men 2 like about $120 million? If Singer can handle a budget like that for the X-Men, plus did a really good job, then 150-160 million should be enough, and with that much money on a sequel with a villain or villains for Superman to fight Bryan Singer can deliver. If he can deliver an awesome X-Men movie with just about 120 million which has the X-Men actually having villains to FIGHT, then imagine what Singer could do with a Superman sequel.

AragornKing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #663
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo nerd View Post
Well, TIH and IM had great action scenes with that kind of budget. But I doubt Singer could handle it. He had more than 200 million for SR and the spectacular scene was the plane rescue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
160 million should be enough for MOS...

If they do a reboot, I'd doubt the budget would be much higher than that, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornKing1 View Post
Well, wasn't the budget for X-Men 2 like about $120 million? If Singer can handle a budget like that for the X-Men, plus did a really good job, then 150-160 million should be enough, and with that much money on a sequel with a villain or villains for Superman to fight Bryan Singer can deliver. If he can deliver an awesome X-Men movie with just about 120 million which has the X-Men actually having villains to FIGHT, then imagine what Singer could do with a Superman sequel.
If he was directing, he wouldn't have a choice. There wouldn't be any slack.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #664
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
If he was directing, he wouldn't have a choice. There wouldn't be any slack.
That's why I don't think there will be a direct sequel to SR.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #665
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

"Vague History"?

Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #666
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
You're comparing apples to oranges. A $120m might get you an action packed Singer X-Men flick, but nearly $300 million gets you a shot of Superman getting hit in the eye with a bullet. If you give Bryan Singer a lower budget to do SR2 with, I can only imagine things being even worse. And if they studio is going to drag him around by the collar this time, you may as well just get some studio crony to do the movie like Brett Ratner.

The studio does not have any reason to trust Singer with another megabudget Superman flick, so that really begs the question "why bring him back at all?" If Singer can't put out a top-notch Supes flick without loads of meddling from the studio, then a new director is probably in order.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #667
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
"Vague History"?
No. A reboot. Start from scratch. But IMO that will happen in 5 or more years.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #668
AragornKing1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timstuff View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges. A $120m might get you an action packed Singer X-Men flick, but nearly $300 million gets you a shot of Superman getting hit in the eye with a bullet. If you give Bryan Singer a lower budget to do SR2 with, I can only imagine things being even worse. And if they studio is going to drag him around by the collar this time, you may as well just get some studio crony to do the movie like Brett Ratner.

The studio does not have any reason to trust Singer with another megabudget Superman flick, so that really begs the question "why bring him back at all?" If Singer can't put out a top-notch Supes flick without loads of meddling from the studio, then a new director is probably in order.
So do you think that there could be a kick ass Superman movie that doesn't have anyone or anything for him to fight? Superman Returns is the closest we'll get to the most kick ass Superman film where he doesn't fight anyone or anything. Even with a budget of over 200 million dollars for a Superman movie where he doesn't fight anything or anybody, saving people on an airplane and a bullet to the eye is the most kick ass you can get.

AragornKing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #669
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

The money singer spent on returns was mostly on the screen, just because it doesn't translate to fighting doesn't mean the money wasn't used. It just wasn't used to people's liking or some might say properly. Once again, in a sequel there wont be a new krypton and airplane saving so that leaves money that can be used else where. In fact it would probably cheaper to film fight scenes than a continent being created.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #670
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

while you have a point, nothing on screen was indicative of a $200 million dollar price tag.

he grew his own corn and wheat in the middle of nowhere in australia to get it just right. seriously? there was nothing special about the kent farm. this is just an example of how much money was wasted. they could have easily found a place that looks just like that anywhere.

i think the best example of money well spent is transformers.

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #671
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

I see your point, but thats just one example and in reality couldnt have costed them more than 1 million dollars. From what I read they did a lot of flying rigs and actual shots of routh only later to be replaced with CGI, that is expensive and time consuming. The money was also spent on the genises camera and that technology. I mean just look at the dark knight, it costed about 185 million dollars, I'm sure a good chunk of that cost went into the IMAX technology. When using film techniques that are new and never used before money is what is needed.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #672
[A]
Banned User

Shoot.. I voted too soon.. I like this option better --> Only see the sequel if it has no continuity w/ SR, no kid, no Richard etc..

[A] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:29 AM   #673
SatEL
Banned User

Quote:
So do you think that there could be a kick ass Superman movie that doesn't have anyone or anything for him to fight? Superman Returns is the closest we'll get to the most kick ass Superman film where he doesn't fight anyone or anything. Even with a budget of over 200 million dollars for a Superman movie where he doesn't fight anything or anybody, saving people on an airplane and a bullet to the eye is the most kick ass you can get.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that film would be called Superman the movie.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:38 AM   #674
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.Steel View Post
while you have a point, nothing on screen was indicative of a $200 million dollar price tag.

he grew his own corn and wheat in the middle of nowhere in australia to get it just right. seriously? there was nothing special about the kent farm. this is just an example of how much money was wasted. they could have easily found a place that looks just like that anywhere.

i think the best example of money well spent is transformers.
look the cornfields were important. its impossible to make them CGI.

ohhhhhh whait a minute
http://www.rsp.com.au/portfolio/flv/smrFlv03.htm

ok for some people that isnt obviosu: the real cornfields were relpaced with CGI. so this means that they payed money for real corn and money for CGI.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:19 AM   #675
SatEL
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
look the cornfields were important. its impossible to make them CGI.

ohhhhhh whait a minute
http://www.rsp.com.au/portfolio/flv/smrFlv03.htm

ok for some people that isnt obviosu: the real cornfields were relpaced with CGI. so this means that they payed money for real corn and money for CGI.
Isnt Singer a genius, heck let them give him more money to make more Superman films.