The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: I will...
Definitely see the sequel. 79 63.71%
Ony see the sequel if it has more action, better costume etc.. 4 3.23%
Only see the sequel if it has no continuity w/ SR, no kid, no Richard etc.. 11 8.87%
Wait and decide based on more info. 18 14.52%
Definitely not see the sequel. 12 9.68%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #126
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider
 
Venom'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,995
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Hmmm... That comment is flawed.

The Hulk B.O.
Domestic: $132,177,234 53.9%+ Foreign: $113,107,931 46.1%= Worldwide: $245,285,165


Now let's see SR in comparison:
Domestic: $200,081,192 51.2%+ Foreign: $191,000,000 48.8%= Worldwide: $391,081,192

Also SR has an oscar nomination. Critically it was much better received than the Hulk.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_returns/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hulk/
You are misleading with those figures.... I have to agree with lexlives. The Hulk made slightly more than three time its budget. That warrant a sequel. They can easily fund a sequel and even increase the budget for that sequel and still have money in the bank. Superman cannot do that. It final budget ended around $250 mil. Leaving the franchise with $141 mil profit. Which means that the franchise would hvae to use money it made from merchandising to help fund a sequel.... a la the propose rumored decrease budget for the sequel.

Soo comparing Hulk to Supes is really like comparing apples to grapes.... Hulk was a smaller budget film that made tons of money.... but they both was BAD films.

__________________
___________________________________
Foxx-Electro * Giamatti-Rhino * DeHaan-ProtoGoblin
My JL Trailer * The Unholy Trinity of Venom * The Sinister 6
Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #127
lexlives
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 765
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
You are misleading with those figures.... I have to agree with lexlives. The Hulk made slightly more than three time its budget. That warrant a sequel. They can easily fund a sequel and even increase the budget for that sequel and still have money in the bank. Superman cannot do that. It final budget ended around $250 mil. Leaving the franchise with $141 mil profit. Which means that the franchise would hvae to use money it made from merchandising to help fund a sequel.... a la the propose rumored decrease budget for the sequel.

Soo comparing Hulk to Supes is really like comparing apples to grapes.... Hulk was a smaller budget film that made tons of money.... but they both was BAD films.

This is true - based on its budget Hulk was a moderate financial success and really outperformed SR.

SR really stands at the bottom of the list of recent superhero films in terms of being a finacial success based on its cost to make/market. Its in the cxellar along with Catwoman.

There is no financial sense in continuing.

lexlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #128
AssMan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,797
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Krueger View Post
UST MOVE ON FOR GOD'S SAKE
I do not think he has any idea on what these words mean.

AssMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #129
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,130
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

LexLives is correct in saying that the studio was silent about a Hulk sequel, while Lee was insisting a sequel was forthcoming. The difference between The Hulk and S.R. is, not only singer, but W.B. have been saying a sequel is happening. So Lex going by your logic, a superman sequel by singer must be happening, since W.B. says it is, or are they lying??

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #130
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor
 
Maze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: France
Posts: 7,489
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

double post.

__________________
AquaMomoa Avatar by starlord
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #131
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor
 
Maze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: France
Posts: 7,489
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlives View Post
But the key difference is that WB was able to announce TDK as their tentpole 2008 film at ShoWest - even though they did not have a finalized script or budget agreement on that script. That came in July as you say.

But WB was obviously 100% confident and committed back in March of that year and so announced. That won't happen with SR and that makes a world of difference..
Ok you're talking about showest?did i miss something?Has showest happened this year ?

you make statement without backing with anything ( as proven with your poor Hulk comparaison) that make one hell of a difference.

facts , Lex , facts.

__________________
AquaMomoa Avatar by starlord

Last edited by Maze; 03-10-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:30 PM   #132
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor
 
Maze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: France
Posts: 7,489
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlives View Post
This is true - based on its budget Hulk was a moderate financial success and really outperformed SR.

SR really stands at the bottom of the list of recent superhero films in terms of being a finacial success based on its cost to make/market. Its in the cxellar along with Catwoman.

There is no financial sense in continuing.
No it is not true:

Hulk Budget "official" budget :$137 million /box office 245,285,165 (approximatively) 108 millions at the box office

Superman Returns "official "budget $270 million/box office :391,081,192 (approximatively )121 millions at the box office.

__________________
AquaMomoa Avatar by starlord

Last edited by Maze; 03-10-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #133
lexlives
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 765
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
No it is not true:

Hulk Budget "official" budget :$137 million /box office 245,285,165 (approximatively) 108 millions at the box office

Superman Returns "official "budget $270 million/box office :391,081,192 (approximatively )121 millions at the box office.
No, using your figures Hulk did 1.78 times it budget nd SR just 1.44 times. You can't spin this. Hulk was "more successful". Though neither was really. But Hulk's toys did better because of the Hulk hand which was huge. SR has no grabber toy like that.

lexlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #134
lexlives
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 765
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
No it is not true:

Hulk Budget "official" budget :$137 million /box office 245,285,165 (approximatively) 108 millions at the box office

Superman Returns "official "budget $270 million/box office :391,081,192 (approximatively )121 millions at the box office.
No, using your figures Hulk did 1.78 times it budget and SR just 1.44 times. You can't spin this. Hulk was "more successful". Though neither was really. But Hulk's toys did better because of the Hulk hand which was huge. SR has no grabber toy like that.

lexlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:30 PM   #135
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor
 
Maze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: France
Posts: 7,489
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlives View Post
No, using your figures Hulk did 1.78 times it budget and SR just 1.44 times. You can't spin this. Hulk was "more successful". Though neither was really. But Hulk's toys did better because of the Hulk hand which was huge. SR has no grabber toy like that.
No ,

either you don't know how to count either i dunno? lol

anyways , please continue you even managed to turn some "anti" Singer against you .

you are not helping your cause at all lex..

ps: as for your hulk toys sales come back with real back up to yours statements for once ( and please , please count well )

__________________
AquaMomoa Avatar by starlord

Last edited by Maze; 03-10-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #136
lexlives
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 765
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
no , either you don't know how to count either i dunno? lol

anyways , please continue you even managed to turn some "anti" Singer against you .

you are not helping your cause at all lex..

ps: as for your hulk toys sales come back with real back up to yours statements for once ( and please , please count well )
Counting - let me see. And using your figure.

Hulk - 137 to make with a WW box of 245. Let me thing here 245 divided by 137?! Did I get that right. Methinks so. That comes out to the Hulk making 1.78 at the WW box of what it cost to produce - excluding makreketing which makes the numbers even worse for SR but I won't go there.

Now SR - again your numbers. 250 million to make and a 391 WW box. Let's see, doing the division that comes to 1.56.

Which is the greater multiplier? The film with the greater multiplier did better. Anyway that is how I learned it in school.

lexlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #137
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor
 
Maze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: France
Posts: 7,489
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

The problem Lex is that we are not talking at all about the same thing

starting from the start . you have approven this quote
Quote:
The Hulk made slightly more than three time its budget
That is simply not true .

And based on money, on viewers , not the percentage based on budget , Superman did better than Hulk.

we'll call it a day eh?

Ps : the budget for the two movies were with marketing costs ( source box office mojo)

__________________
AquaMomoa Avatar by starlord

Last edited by Maze; 03-10-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #138
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider
 
Venom'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,995
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Maze... I made the statement "The Hulk made slightly more than three time its budget" , because I remember some Posters on the Hulk boards saying that the budget for the Hulk was $80 million. Being they were so-called die hard Hulk fans, I took their word for it. I was wrong in that figure and should have done my own homework... which you are correct. The budget was $137 million. I apologize to lexlives for mis-informed information.

__________________
___________________________________
Foxx-Electro * Giamatti-Rhino * DeHaan-ProtoGoblin
My JL Trailer * The Unholy Trinity of Venom * The Sinister 6
Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #139
wellsy
All crews reporting.
 
wellsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 775
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Would somebody please give lexlives the boot from this forum.

He manages to hijack just about every topic that has been opened, and I, for one, am sick of it.

He argues that his opinion is fact, uses faulty logic (attempting to apply theorems to an industry where the rules are constantly in flux), and simply trolls to the detriment of constructive discourse on this forum.

PLEASE, SEND HIM AWAY!

Who else is for this?

wellsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #140
VenomsMom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 949
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
Would somebody please give lexlives the boot from this forum.

He manages to hijack just about every topic that has been opened, and I, for one, am sick of it.

He argues that his opinion is fact, uses faulty logic (attempting to apply theorems to an industry where the rules are constantly in flux), and simply trolls to the detriment of constructive discourse on this forum.

PLEASE, SEND HIM AWAY!

Who else is for this?
Whether you agree or disagree with his opinions or distorted facts he has as much right to be here as much as me, you or anyone else for that matter. You can always choose to ignore him. You have that option.

VenomsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #141
Freddy_Krueger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 646
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

It's hard to ignore someone when they hijack a topic and just repeat the same argument and distorted facts over and over again. He doesn't like the film, that's fine. But the fact of the matter is that he trolls and will turn the simplest thread into a "Sequel won't happen" thread. It's continuous and is the very definition of trolling.

__________________
The term "Singerman" is neither funny nor clever. While we're at it, why don't we refer to Tim Burton's Batman as Burtonman?

If you can't attack SR without attacking Bryan Singer's sexuality, then just keep your thoughts to yourself.
Freddy_Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #142
VenomsMom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 949
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Krueger View Post
It's hard to ignore someone when they hijack a topic and just repeat the same argument and distorted facts over and over again. He doesn't like the film, that's fine. But the fact of the matter is that he trolls and will turn the simplest thread into a "Sequel won't happen" thread. It's continuous and is the very definition of trolling.
Yes, but for some reason or another he honestly believes what he is saying. I cant answer why but it just doesnt bother me one bit as I believe what I believe. We're here to discuss the possibilities of a sequel that apparently he thinks wont happen. Oh well.

VenomsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:32 AM   #143
redcaped
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 89
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Are there more loyal fans than anyone else? You know, people that are willing to pay a few more bucks to keep their favorite hero on the screen.


Last edited by redcaped; 03-11-2007 at 05:10 AM.
redcaped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #144
Pickle-El
Side-Kick
 
Pickle-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,657
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

I'd but out entire theaters if I was rich......just to make SR's sequel have a good opening weekend.

(I"ll bet that's what the WB will do in 09', right lex?)

Pickle-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:46 AM   #145
VenomsMom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 949
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaped View Post
Are there more loyal fans than anyone else? You know, people that are willing to pay a few bucks more to keep their favorite hero on the screen.
Are we getting desperate? Is that really necessary?

VenomsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #146
redcaped
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 89
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Yes it is. In the past you only get to see a movie once in your lifetime. At present we get the chance to own them on blu-ray or whatever, I think is only fair to offer our contribution to those of our interest.


Last edited by redcaped; 03-11-2007 at 06:46 AM.
redcaped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #147
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,130
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

and miss his reaction when the sequel is *OFFICIALLY* officially announced???, NEVAH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
Would somebody please give lexlives the boot from this forum.

He manages to hijack just about every topic that has been opened, and I, for one, am sick of it.

He argues that his opinion is fact, uses faulty logic (attempting to apply theorems to an industry where the rules are constantly in flux), and simply trolls to the detriment of constructive discourse on this forum.

PLEASE, SEND HIM AWAY!

Who else is for this?

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #148
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor
 
Maze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: France
Posts: 7,489
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Well , his reaction will just be "nahh , the movie is not going to be shot"

after all that is the guy who said weeks before Sr started shooting that it will never see the light of day ..

ps : and don't forget his prediction about smalville ending what two years ago?

__________________
AquaMomoa Avatar by starlord

Last edited by Maze; 03-11-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #149
Cyrusbales
Side-Kick
 
Cyrusbales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,124
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

I didn't like SR much first time round, but second time round I loved it, the second half is still weak, and Jason needs to die, lol. But I think SR is one of the better comic book movies of the last 17 years or so

Cyrusbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:25 AM   #150
Rated-X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Diego, and yes, I'm the other half
Posts: 368
Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

You have got to be kidding? One of the best in nearly two decades??? L.M.A.O. Literally.

Rated-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.