The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #7901
sasquatchs
Side-Kick

Default Re: Chicago Filming:news/pics etc..

The front section was kind of gyroscope like, when the tumbler was at an angle on the roof, Batman was still horizontal. Maybe they'll go for something similar with the pod, its been said in the literature that it can tilt around the centre for steering, maybe it can be pushed to an extreme angle

Old 07-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #7902
Muziko
Side-Kick

I agree with you JdlC. that part of the design on the Tumbler is/was silly. But it does have a rational explanation (check TheBatman072's comment). So, I can also accept another one of those "NolanReality" explanations for the BatPod - IF they can pull it off right in the movie - not just make it another ridiculous "oh I'm Batman so I happen to have this specific gadget for this specific situation" deals (as has been the case in every other live action Batman film before 'Begins'... EVERY single one). Judging from Batman Begins...I don't think we'll get that.
GodDamn I'm hyped about this movie.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #7903
Terminator
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
so hot ass wrstling chick
Kristal Marshall.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #7904
sglass03
Side-Kick

Well, it's not been directly stated, but judging from some of set reports we've been getting, it seems as though the Tumbler gets hit with an RPG, courtesy of the Joker. I'm thinking it somehow warns Batman inside that there's something incoming (maybe it can detect heat sources?) and as it explodes, he's able to eject out the front on top of the Batpod.

However, other reports seems to suggest the Tumbler goes flying through the air after hitting a vehicle, so I have no idea at this point.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #7905
AdmNelson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglass03 View Post
Well, it's not been directly stated, but judging from some of set reports we've been getting, it seems as though the Tumbler gets hit with an RPG, courtesy of the Joker. I'm thinking it somehow warns Batman inside that there's something incoming (maybe it can detect heat sources?) and as it explodes, he's able to eject out the front on top of the Batpod.

However, other reports seems to suggest the Tumbler goes flying through the air after hitting a vehicle, so I have no idea at this point.
I posted this earlier on the "Batcycle Poll" thread, but in case you didn't see it, here it is again. FYI...

I’m just putting a bunch of pieces in place here, for discussion (warning: massive potential spoilers ahead):

1. We know that the Joker in TDK seems to enjoy blowing things up, and we’ve heard talk that the Tumbler gets “destroyed.”

2. Based on the most recent filming descriptions, the Tumbler seems to get “hit” by something (from the Joker, during the truck chase) and “bursts into flame” – but it still drives off.

3. We’ve heard that Bats gets both the Batpod and the new suit after his first suit is “damaged by water.” Rumors were that the Tumbler “gets knocked into water” or something like that.

4. So, here’s the theory: what if the Joker either damages the Tumbler so much that it’s in danger of exploding (from ruptured fuel lines feeding the “afterburner”), or he actually attaches a bomb to it so that, in order to keep the car from exploding and killing both civilians (and himself), Batman has to drive/jump the thing deliberately into Gotham Bay to put the fire out/stop the explosion? (Or, worse: the car hits the water and still explodes, and Batman barely escapes with his life.)

5. Note: If the former idea holds true, the car may NOT be completely destroyed, but its crime-fighting days are over without a major overhaul. However, what if Bats ends up salvaging the vehicle (getting it out of the bay, getting it back to the Batcave), and then builds the Batpod as quickly as possible out of its pieces? (Or else, Fox helps him, unless Fox supplies an already-completed Batpod.) This would explain the idea of the Batpod “emerging” from the Tumbler – it doesn’t actually come OUT of the car, but is built from it as an emergency measure to provide Bats with immediate transportation.

6. This could also mean that a new, improved, more “batlike” Tumbler could come in the 3rd film… the original car (or at least, design) is “rebuilt” to be even more formidable, rather than simply discarded in favor of a completely new car.

-- Admiral Nelson

Old 07-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #7906
sglass03
Side-Kick

Admiral Nelson - good speculation there. As you've mentioned, we've heard things that include the Tumbler getting "destroyed" but also hitting the water. One of the set reports included it running up the back of a vehicle with a ramp going very slowly, off a bridge, and into the river.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Joker hits it with an RPG (which another set report confirms he had in his possession), and Batman loses control and/or voluntarily decides to chuck it into the water to prevent an explosion.

But this still doesn't address the Batpod "coming out" of the Tumbler, which one crew member said was crucial to some plot point (the interview was from a while back.) Whether it links into the Tumbler getting destroyed or not, it seems pretty clear that the Batpod comes out of the Tumbler at some point, for some reason or another. (Although I like your idea of him - or Fox - building it from the scraps or spare parts of the Tumbler.)

Old 07-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #7907
TheBatman072
Banned User

I wonder if Joker will have a Batman 89 "I'm Batman" kind of line in TDK.

I'd like to see Joker say to Batman "Come here you gruesome son of a *****. Come to me. Aahahaha come on!" and then pull out an RPG from behind him at the last second, and fire it at the Tumbler. Sending it careening into the Gotham River.

Yeah. Yeah that'd be tits.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #7908
explode7
Banned User

Whats an RPG?

Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 PM   #7909
TheBatman072
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by explode7 View Post
Whats an RPG?

google.com

Old 07-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #7910
sasquatchs
Side-Kick

Role Playing Game

Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #7911
L.A.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whats an RPG?
its a rocket launcher.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #7912
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Whats an RPG?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #7913
Batman>all
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewils0n View Post
it's hard to tell from the youtube vid, but here are some screencaps from the original vid on my computer. you can make out the cowl in the shots.

THANKS FOR THE VIDEOS AND PICS! AMAZING!

so much cooler then Heath Ledger riding a skateboard

The Stunt double has no cape, is that telling us something about the film or is it just a test run so whats the point of having a cape?

remember the toy models at the NY licensing show had Batman without a cape...

Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #7914
jesse custer
Side-Kick

That new pick of Ledger getting out of the truck is the first real pic we've seen of Joker. Interesting but I ain't sold yet-tho I have no doubt I will be later.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #7915
sglass03
Side-Kick

A Rocket-Propelled Grenade. Kind of like a rocket launcher that you put over your shoulder.

I'm thinking they'll reference one of Joker's lines in '89, similar to the "I'm Batman" from "Begins." I'm betting on either "Where does he get those wonderful toys" or "Wait 'til they get a load of me." (Of course, he had a lot of great lines.)

Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #7916
Batman>all
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whats an RPG?
Rocket Propelled Gernade

Old 07-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #7917
explode7
Banned User

So the Joker hits Batman with a Role Playing Game? Doesn't make any sense. I dont think Batman would be interested in that.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #7918
ChicageauxTiger
Side-Kick

I've heard people wonder about (and I'm paraphrasing) "If the Batpod is suppose to emerge from the Tumbler and one of the Tumblers front wheels ends up being the Batpods front wheel, then where is the second wheel for the Batbod hidden within the Tumblers frame?"

Here's a possibility: Both front wheels of the Tumbler ARE the front and back wheels of the Batpod. Perhaps and "quick transformation" occurs when it emerges. And with people mentioning that the Batpod may turn at extreme angles, this might also support that it morphs from the front end of the Tumbler.

Again, I have NO CLUE how this would work or how Batman could manage to handle this continuous "transformation" and stay on board from Tumbler to Batpod but that was my thought ... Both front wheels of the Tumbler provide for the Batpod.

Too wacky?

Cam or $cam: http://good2geaux.spreadshirt.com/
Old 07-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #7919
ChicageauxTiger
Side-Kick

BTW: NICE BATPOD VIDS!!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #7920
Batman>all
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicageauxTiger View Post
I've heard people wonder about (and I'm paraphrasing) "If the Batpod is suppose to emerge from the Tumbler and one of the Tumblers front wheels ends up being the Batpods front wheel, then where is the second wheel for the Batbod hidden within the Tumblers frame?"

Here's a possibility: Both front wheels of the Tumbler ARE the front and back wheels of the Batpod. Perhaps and "quick transformation" occurs when it emerges. And with people mentioning that the Batpod may turn at extreme angles, this might also support that it morphs from the front end of the Tumbler.

Again, I have NO CLUE how this would work or how Batman could manage to handle this continuous "transformation" and stay on board from Tumbler to Batpod but that was my thought ... Both front wheels of the Tumbler provide for the Batpod.

Too wacky?
The tumbler is long enough in length to conceal a 2nd front tire within its frame I think.

But who knows what or how this will happen. In fact , we don't even know if those rumours are true or not.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #7921
ChicageauxTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman>all View Post
The tumbler is long enough in length to conceal a 2nd front tire within its frame I think.

But who knows what or how this will happen. In fact , we don't even know if those rumours are true or not.
Oh yeah, I totally think a tire could be concealed within the Tumbler frame, too.
I was just thinking outside the box a little and seeing what sticks.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #7922
explode7
Banned User

I think that RPG looks kinda outdated. Joker should use the multi rocket launcher. Which has 9 rockets arranged in a grid something like what was seen in FF2 when the military guys were trying to shoot down the silver surfer.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:43 PM   #7923
Spidey-Sean
Side-Kick

edit: picture already available

Old 07-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #7924
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Where will they be filming once they're finished in Chicago?

Old 07-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #7925
SantoAnderson
Side-Kick

That might be a little well funded for the Joker. I always thought it'd be cool if the Joker blew the tumbler up via IED: "Improvised Explosive Device." It would definitely build him up as a terrorist. I really REALLY hope that the tumbler doesn't explode and just shell itself like a pistachio with Batman shooting out of the mess on the batpod. That's too much like the Batmobile in Batman Returns with the whole "Bat Missile" thing. I want the transformation to be realistic, if that's even possible.

Closed Thread