The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #101
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: Aronofsky to take on the biblical character Noah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2 View Post
lol at people thinking this movie would make sense... it would be another epic Fountain

dont tell me he left wolverine hanging to do some bible movie... of a story thats been done to death.

I don't think I've ever seen a film about Noah. Let alone in theaters.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #102
kvz5
HBIC

Somehow I'm not surprised. Bale is one of the first people I thought that Aronofsky will approach for this.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...s_christi.html

Quote:
Darren Aronofsky Wants Christian Bale for His $130 Million Noah and the Ark Film

Just how do you float a $130 million movie about the end of the world with no movie stars? If you’re Noah director Darren Aronofsky, you try to attach one, ASAP.

Vulture hears that Aronofsky is in talks with Christian Bale about possibly starring in his take on Noah's Ark, to help secure studio backing for it. Presumably, Aronofsky wants Bale for the lead, even though Noah was 600 years old when the Great Flood hit, and Bale is only 37.

Regardless, locking down Bale early — even before there’s money to make an offer — would have the twofold benefit of both securing a leading man and helping land the rest of the money needed to make such an expensive, effects-driven film. If Bale commits, that would help provide clarity to the trio of studios considering co-financing the movie: While Noah is set up at the Fox-based mini-studio New Regency, its massive budget means that some other studio will need to come in and help with the heavy lifting. For the trio of studios circling the project, which includes Paramount, Summit, and Fox, knowing Bale is in the wings would help them get a forecast on what Noah might make in foreign territories before they commit to making such a pricey picture.

Former Fox production president turned current Regency president Hutch Parker insisted that “there hasn’t been any change [on the project] since it was last reported.”

Old 06-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #103
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Well, Aronofsky was close to work with Bale on The Fighter before he left the film.

But anyway, it would be great if Bale signs on-board on to this because the idea of Bale teaming up with Aronofsky on this project sounds very exciting.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #104
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Pepper View Post
Well, Aronofsky was close to work with Bale on The Fighter before he left the film.

But anyway, it would be great if Bale signs on-board on to this because the idea of Bale teaming up with Aronofsky on this project sounds very exciting.
They almost worked together on Batman Year One too.

Hopefully this should get the financing it needs. It's an interesting project.

Last edited by kvz5; 06-14-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #105
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
They almost worked together on Batman Year One too.

Hopefully this should get the financing it needs. It's an interesting project.
In a way, yes, he was close to work with Aronofsky on Batman: Year One but , technically speaking, he was more closer to work with him on The Fighter than Year One.

But yeah, hopefully this project secure the money it need and move forward.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #106
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

Bale and Aronofsky would make a great team.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #107
That person
Bull Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Haha, touche. Still, I don't recall any movie, tv production, off-broadway play, or sock puppets telling this story yet.
I read something about an animated version with Michael Keaton and some Kevin Smith regulars. Sounded pretty terrible.
Edit: Here it is. With no definite release date outside of "some time in 2011," I'd say it's in development hell.

"Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., nicknamed "Teddy" or "TR", was born October 27, 1858 in New York City. As a young child, he was often sick and was stricken with asthma. Viewing this as a challenge, he proceeded to beat his asthma to death."- Cracked
Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #108
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

Movies based on previous stories always piss people off because directors seldom get it right. They always change too many of the details.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #109
Paroxysm
Banned User

Please someone other than Christian Bale.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #110
corby
?

As much as I think a Bale/Aronofsky team-up would be awesome, Bale as Noah seems like an odd choice.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #111
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Presumably, Aronofsky wants Bale for the lead, even though Noah was 600 years old when the Great Flood hit, and Bale is only 37.
This part of the article is unintentionally hilarious. It implies that Aronofsky should cast an actor who's as close to 600 years old as possible.

~H.E.~
Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #112
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by corby View Post
As much as I think a Bale/Aronofsky team-up would be awesome, Bale as Noah seems like an odd choice.
He did play Jesus, so i actually think it kinda makes sense

Personally, i'd love to see Aronofsky work with Bale at some point, so if this happens, it sounds good to me.

Pink Ranger: i think that was an attempt at a joke, cause i did find that line funny

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 06-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #113
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Pink Ranger: i think that was an attempt at a joke, cause i did find that line funny
Maybe it was intentional, but it didn't come off like that to me.

~H.E.~
Old 06-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #114
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I didn't even notice that part until I read the first comment at Vulture's site:

You know, Hollywood rarely has decent leading parts for 600 year olds. It's a shame that Aronofsky hands it over to Bale.

And that's when I laughed.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #115
LegendaryCaleb
Ozymandias.

bale as noah? heck yes.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #116
blueblazer2
Banned User

King David would had been a better choice . Or a remake of the Ten Commandments

Old 06-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #117
kvz5
HBIC

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...ig_event_film/

Quote:
Darren Aronofsky Says ‘Noah’ Will Be His “Big Event Film”
Director Doesn’t Confirm Christian Bale, But It Seems Pretty Obvious

He's made some of the most memorable independent movies in the past two decades, but now if Darren Aronofsky has his way, he'll be going bigger for his next picture...much bigger. The Brooklyn-bred filmmaker tells IFC News that his long-planned Noah's Ark project has now taken center stage, and it'll be far larger in scope than anything he's ever attempted.

Coming off 2010's "Black Swan" which earned star Natalie Portman a Best Actress Oscar, the director is turning his attention to the legendary Bible story of a man commanded by God to build an ark large enough to save the world's animals from a catastrophic flood. The multi-denominational yarn has fascinated religious scholars and archeologists for millennia, and if Aronofsky has his way, he'll be the first to bring the legendary figure to the big screen in a big way. But don't peg it to the scriptures.

"I don't think it's a very religious story," Aronofsky told us at the 2011 Provincetown International Film Festival, where he was receiving career-spanning honors. "I think it's a great fable that's part of so many different religions and spiritual practices. I just think it's a great story that's never been on film."

Given the expansive, and often debated scale of Noah's tale, one wonders which version would find its way to Aronofsky's script: a smaller character study on the biblical figure painted in a more realistic light, or a Roland Emmerich-style disaster movie. The filmmaker tells IFC that he's leaning towards the epic option. "I want to make a big event film, and I think it can be that."

Prior to Noah, the closest the helmer has gotten to a studio picture was a brief attachment to Hugh Jackman's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" sequel. Without a big-budget blockbuster on the resume and armed with an adult-oriented, potentially controversial original story, Aronofsky is finding it challenging to line up financing, but remains committed to the project. "All these films are hard to make so you never know," he says. "We're trying to get it made and we'll see."

As for the recent rumor that he's aiming for Christian Bale for the lead role, Aronofsky remains sly. "No comment," he says with a grin.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #118
Assassin32
King James Version

Is it safe to say that his excuse for leaving The Wolverine was ********, and he really just wanted to pursue this project?

Old 06-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #119
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

No, I don't think so really. If there was really some kind of dispute about his kid, like the rumor said, it really wasn't a good time for him to be leaving the country. It could have been BS, but I don't really think his want to pursue this project really confirms that or anything.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #120
Assassin32
King James Version

I was looking forward to his Wolverine more than I was looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #121
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin32 View Post
Is it safe to say that his excuse for leaving The Wolverine was ********, and he really just wanted to pursue this project?
I'm not sure but seeing as Noah is his passion project that he has been developing since he was 13 years old, I'm glad that he is choosing the project he wants to make the most.

And I know nothing is confirmed yet, but it seems probable that Bale will join Noah.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #122
Visceral
Side-Kick

Quote:
we've been over this

“I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.”
Old 06-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #123
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Quote:
"I don't think it's a very religious story"
Uh, I think it is. I wonder what he means by this comment. I sure hope he's not changing God's involvement in this story otherwise what would be the point?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #124
Assassin32
King James Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
we've been over this
No. Maybe you've been over it; I haven't.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #125
Visceral
Side-Kick

Quote:
No. Maybe you've been over it; I haven't.
there was an article stating that the real reason was fox wanted to much control over the film, darren walked.

“I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.”
Closed Thread