Yes, it most cetainly is.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #252
Logan's Lady

Default Re: Official WOLVERINE discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound89 View Post
ahh wolverine and deadpool cutting eachother to peices is always fun.
Sounds like GREAT fun to me Can't wait!!

Logan's Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #253
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
I've just read "Lifeblood", danoyse! And just bought "Road of Bones". I know you read both, which is your favorite so far?
"Lifeblood" is interesting, but I'd like the stories to be more focused on Logan, not unknow characters. It's like we know a lot about the Professor in "Weapon X", about the German guy and his plans in "Lifeblood", but not enough about Logan's life...
That was my gripe about "Violent Tendencies" too. It seemed like Logan was the least-used character in the story. It spent way too much time on the other characters. And Logan had become so completely civilized again that it didn't make sense why he was still hanging out in the woods. The town was like, right there.

What I didn't like about "Lifeblood" was that we didn't know who took his memory or why...and that it ended (SPOILER!!!!) with him going after the people who did it, but never explained anything about what happened.

That being said, "Road of Bones" was my favorite! It had lots of action, lots of Logan (always a plus) and it's very funny as well.

Quote:
There's a wonderful Wolverine story after he escaped from the Weapon X facility written by notmanos, a great fanfic writer:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1706149/1/Retrospect
Actually, I would recommend reading all her Wolverine stories! She's one of the better authors there is, even better than the majority of comics writers!
I'll have to check it out! Thanks!

Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 AM   #254
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
What I didn't like about "Lifeblood" was that we didn't know who took his memory or why...and that it ended (SPOILER!!!!) with him going after the people who did it, but never explained anything about what happened.
Yeah, it was strange...

(SPOILER ALERT)
I had thought that the memory erasing had happened in Weapon X, but when he started remembering, he remembered the X-Men...and of course, before Weapon X he didn't know a thing about the X-Men. So we never know who did it, because certainly it wasn't the Weapon X gang!

Quote:
That being said, "Road of Bones" was my favorite! It had lots of action, lots of Logan (always a plus) and it's very funny as well.
Great to know, I'll start reading it right now!
And thanks for your opinion, I guess I won't buy "Violent Tendencies"...

Quote:
I'll have to check it out! Thanks!
If you read only that story, maybe you'll be a little confused, because her stories form a sequence of plots in constant development, and some characters you won't recognize. But my advice is that maybe you could read only Logan's flashbacks (I think the chapters always start with "15 years ago" or something like that) to get used to her style. She writes one of the best Logans I've ever read!

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #255
chris moore
Side-Kick

Was just reading Wolverine's Wiki entry to get up to speed on events in his own book (not one I read, but nice to know vaguely whats going on). And it says that Black Panther reveals a graveyard of humanoid skeltons with fangs and claws and theorises that mutants like Wolverine/Sabretooth/Thornn etc may have evolved from canines rather than apes.

Doesnt this contradict the manipulations of the Celestials who implanted early humans with the potential for benevolent mutation, which eventually led to mutant kind? There wasnt a bunch early dog humans who were manipulated by the celestials as well as the mainstream humans now were there? Seems a bit daft to me.

chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #256
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Well, most folks who currently read the comics including myself, have never heard of the celestials. Besides, I was told Loeb has a way of "forgetting" continuity. He screwed up Wild Child's origin too.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #257
Logan's Runt
Runtmuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan's Lady View Post
Last week I picked up Essential Wolverine Volume 1.
It's amazing how much longer the older issues are. Not just the amount of pages, but how many words/panels are on each page.

Now I can start at the beginning of the series and work my way through.

Be sure to pick up Essential Volume 2. It has some great arcs in it.

Logan's Runt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #258
Logan's Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan's Runt View Post
Be sure to pick up Essential Volume 2. It has some great arcs in it.
I picked that up on Saturday............

and I finished Volume 1 last night. So I will be starting Volume 2 today

Old 11-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #259
VICTORVONDOOMX
Never tell me the odds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Was just reading Wolverine's Wiki entry to get up to speed on events in his own book (not one I read, but nice to know vaguely whats going on). And it says that Black Panther reveals a graveyard of humanoid skeltons with fangs and claws and theorises that mutants like Wolverine/Sabretooth/Thornn etc may have evolved from canines rather than apes.

Doesnt this contradict the manipulations of the Celestials who implanted early humans with the potential for benevolent mutation, which eventually led to mutant kind? There wasnt a bunch early dog humans who were manipulated by the celestials as well as the mainstream humans now were there? Seems a bit daft to me.
Wolverine was ORIGINALLY not meant to be a human mutant at all, but a mutated Wolverine. TRUTH.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #260
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I finally got off my tuchas and read through the current arc again. Now that we are three issues in I am warming up to it a little better. I was never much of a Dr. Strange fan, but I am enjoying him in this. I am curious where the rest of it will take us.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:52 PM   #261
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post

Yeah, as a whole Marvel's been pushing the "next step on the evolutionary chain" thing for a while. The Celestials are better left forgotten.

That, and anything that happens in Wolvie's solo shouldn't even count as canon. It's so ridiculous most of the time...

Old 12-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #262
Logan's Lady

I'm really not enjoying the current story arc...........
I just got #60 today and read it.... I'm just like

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yashida is back? WTF?

I'm still really hating the art work also

Old 04-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #263
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

*dusts off the thread*

For June:

ULTIMATE ORIGINS #1 (of 5)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by BUTCH GUICE
Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
Variant Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
This is it! The story that finally reveals the conspiracies behind the entire Ultimate Universe! When they first met, Bruce Banner mysteriously warned Spider-Man that "Everything is connected." Now it's time to discover the jaw-dropping secrets that men have fought and died to protect. From the dark days of World War II to the frightening present, journey through history to learn what's really behind the Super Soldier and Weapon X programs–and how heroes such as Captain America, Nick Fury and Wolverine have more in common than codenames and costumes. The dream team of Brian Michael Bendis and Butch Guice (CAPTAIN AMERICA, IRON MAN) unite for the first time for the Ultimate series of the year that is a must-read lead-in to ULTIMATUM!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Guess, they're resoliciting that^^, LOL.

WOLVERINE #66
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Wraparound Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
Variant Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
“OLD MAN LOGAN” Part 1 (of 8)
MARK MILLAR and STEVE MCNIVEN—who last teamed for the monumental CIVIL WAR—bring us the most important WOLVERINE story of the 21st Century. Nobody knows what happened on the night the heroes fell. All we know is that they disappeared and evil triumphed and the bad guys have been calling the shots ever since. What happened to Wolverine is the biggest mystery of all. For 50 years, no one has heard hide nor hair from him…and in his place stands an old man called Logan. A man concerned only about his family. A man pushed to the brink by the HULK GANG. A man forced to help an old friend—the blind archer, HAWKEYE—to drive three thousand miles to secure his family’s safety. Get ready for the ride of your life, Logan.
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99

WOLVERINE: ORIGINS #26
Written by DANIEL WAY
Penciled by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
Cover by GREG LAND
“SON OF X” Part 1 (of 2)
The origin of Daken, the son of Wolverine! Decades ago, during his time in Jasmine Falls, Wolverine fathered a child…a child whom he thought died with its mother. But Wolverine was mistaken—the child grew into a man. And that man just may be the deadliest being on the face of the Earth. How did that happen? Find out here!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99

WOLVERINE: DANGEROUS GAME
Written by SIMON SPURRIER & RICK REMENDER
Art by BEN OLIVER & JEROME OPENA
Cover by BOO COOK
With bloodsports banned in the UK, a group of overfed Brit Aristos have relocated to the Louisiana forests. Their aim? To pit themselves (aided only by a vast pack of slavering hounds and their own copious wealth) against a truly worthy foe: a single, terrified fox. Sadly for them, there’s more than one furry little critter in the woods tonight…Writer Simon Spurrier (GUTSVILLE, SILVER SURFER: IN THY NAME) and superstar artist Ben Oliver (ULTIMATE X-MEN, GHOST RIDER ANNUAL) present a brandy-swigging one-shot huntfest: 1-part ethical dilemma, 2-parts nationalistic clichť, 659 parts insane slice’n’dice-o-rama. Snikt! Also, includes a special back-up story written by Fear Agents' Rick Remender and Jerome Opena!
48 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Okay, so I've read the latest ish of Origins and quite frankly I'm getting bored now. We've had three episodes of the Deadpool/Logan slash fest and we have yet to learn just why Deadpool is even really doing this or what the point of it even is. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere and looks like nothing more than a case of "just what bloody, gruesome thing can we do to them next" sort of thing. Meh.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 AM   #264
Logan's Lady

Suprised to see new posts in this thread

Thanks Squeek for the new information.........

Old 04-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #265
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I'm gonna hafta to remember to keep updating since it looks like Specs isn't going to. I just kept forgetting...

Old 04-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #266
OutcryX
Side-Kick

holy ****..just HOW MANY books is this midget in?

MARVEL COMICS
White-washing the X-Men one minority at a time

-Manic
OutcryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #267
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Well, that list doesn't even show his stuff in New Avengers or any regular X books. It also didn't show the Logan mini that's out now. The number 3 should have been solicited, but for some reason it was delayed.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #268
OutcryX
Side-Kick

that is just re-damn-diculous. does he really sell that many books? are people so easily led that they will pick up the damn books just to see him do something bad ass? ...of course they are

MARVEL COMICS
White-washing the X-Men one minority at a time

-Manic
OutcryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #269
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Pretty much. I was surprised to see the First Class one with him and Kitty, but then it has to be about money. It just seemed like fluff to me so I let it pass. I don't buy everything with him in it anymore because a lot of it is crappy.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #270
kakashi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcryX View Post
that is just re-damn-diculous. does he really sell that many books? are people so easily led that they will pick up the damn books just to see him do something bad ass? ...of course they are
Why is it ridicilous? I'm guessing that a lot of people just happens tp like the little guy.It's not like Marvel putting a gun over people's head to buy these books.

kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #271
Snikt 6
Side-Kick

Wolvie rocks, just overused.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:26 AM   #272
kakashi
Side-Kick

In some cases, i agree with you. In my opinion, there's no legitimate reason for Wolvie to be in New Avengers. It's just stupid.

That said,there's obviously a demand for his appearances.It's not like Marvel putting him in all those books just for kicks.

it's like people complaining about him being overused in the moves too.. i mean..c'mon!
even if they gave Wolvie only ten minutes screentime in those movies, he's still going to be the one character that people will most likely remember.

kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #273
DJSCARLET
I think he heard you

WOLVERINE: THE DEATH OF WOLVERINE PREMIERE
COVER BY: HOWARD CHAYKIN
WRITER: MARC GUGGENHEIM
JASON AARON
PENCILS: HOWARD CHAYKIN
THE STORY:
Following up on plot threads left over from CIVIL WAR: WOLVERINE, this new story promises to take Marvel's feral mutant to the limit Ė and beyond! With Wolverine reduced to a brain-dead vegetable, you'd think that was the end of Wolverine's adventures Ė but it's actually just the beginning of Wolverine's greatest challenge yet. Guest-starring Iron Man and Dr. Strange! Plus: Wendell Rayfield is a recently divorced, down-on-his-luck ex-cop who's looking down the business end of a 40 with no hope for the future and with demons from his past still haunting him at every turn. All he has going for him is his new job. A job that involves a very large machine gun, a hole in the ground, a certain hirsute mutant and several thousand bullets. We all know what damage Wolverine can do with his claws, but how dangerous can he really be when all he's able to do is talk? Wendell Rayfield is about to find out. Collecting WOLVERINE #56-61.
Parental Advisory Ö$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2611-9

PRICE: 19.99
IN STORES: April 9, 2008

the guy is in so many freaking other comic books, why are they adding another freaking title?!?!?
i really hope some writer offs the runt, i m getting SICK of him.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #274
El Bastardo
Literary elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSCARLET View Post

WOLVERINE: THE DEATH OF WOLVERINE PREMIERE
COVER BY: HOWARD CHAYKIN
WRITER: MARC GUGGENHEIM
JASON AARON
PENCILS: HOWARD CHAYKIN
THE STORY:
Following up on plot threads left over from CIVIL WAR: WOLVERINE, this new story promises to take Marvel's feral mutant to the limit Ė and beyond! With Wolverine reduced to a brain-dead vegetable, you'd think that was the end of Wolverine's adventures Ė but it's actually just the beginning of Wolverine's greatest challenge yet. Guest-starring Iron Man and Dr. Strange! Plus: Wendell Rayfield is a recently divorced, down-on-his-luck ex-cop who's looking down the business end of a 40 with no hope for the future and with demons from his past still haunting him at every turn. All he has going for him is his new job. A job that involves a very large machine gun, a hole in the ground, a certain hirsute mutant and several thousand bullets. We all know what damage Wolverine can do with his claws, but how dangerous can he really be when all he's able to do is talk? Wendell Rayfield is about to find out. Collecting WOLVERINE #56-61.
Parental Advisory Ö$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2611-9

PRICE: 19.99
IN STORES: April 9, 2008

the guy is in so many freaking other comic books, why are they adding another freaking title?!?!?

i really hope some writer offs the runt, i m getting SICK of him.
... That's a trade paperback collecting the last arc that Guggenheim did, and the one-shot issue (I think it was) before that arc.

It's not another title.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #275
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

He musta missed the part where it says, "Collects Wolverine #56-61."