The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Comics

Old 05-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #301
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Default Re: Official WOLVERINE discussion thread

Just finished reading the latest issue of Origins and really liked it. I had some doubts about this book when it started and even this arc in particular -- not exactly groovin' on Way's Deadpool -- but I liked it well enough.

I am curious now to see how --

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
...well Logan is going to take care of Daken. I mean, the guy can barely handle his own problems, never mind help Daken work out his own. This was a good transition issue since I thought I heard Daken will be joining X-Force. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #302
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

For August:

WOLVERINE #68
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
“OLD MAN LOGAN”
50 years after the super heroes died, WOLVERINE and the blind archer, HAWKEYE, continue their journey across a ruined America. Next stop: Cedar City, Utah—home of the man who killed Magneto: the all-new, all-different KINGPIN! And he isn’t about to let Logan and Hawkeye pass without paying the toll… Plus: the secret of Hawkeye’s daughter is revealed! The biggest WOLVERINE story of the century by the best-selling creative team of the millennium continues! PART 3 (of 8).
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99

WOLVERINE: KILLING MADE SIMPLE ONE-SHOT
Written by CHRISTOPHER YOST & TODD DEZAGO
Pencils by KOI TURNBULL & STEVE KURTH
Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
Wolverine’s hard to kill, sure—but if one guy knows how to do it…it’s WOLVERINE himself! X-FORCE co-writer Christopher Yost and superstar Koi Turnbull have all the answers as Wolverine faces down NANNY and ORPHAN-MAKER and lets former NEW X-MEN member TRANCE in on all his secrets… And in a special bonus tale, TELLOS writer Todd Dezago and NEWUNIVERSAL’s Steve Kurth send Logan to the Arctic Circle, and show us that there’s always one more way to die…
48 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

WOLVERINE: FIRST CLASS #6
Written by FRED VAN LENTE
Pencils & Cover by SALVADOR ESPIN
TONIGHT! On a brand-new "When Teenage Mutant Girl Sleepovers Turn Deadly": SIRYN and KITTY PRYDE get into a no-holds-barred throwdown of a catfight over COLOSSUS's love, with WOLVERINE caught in the middle!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

Didn't see anything about Origins......

Old 05-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #303
OutcryX
Side-Kick

Trance? who the hell is Trance?

MARVEL COMICS
White-washing the X-Men one minority at a time

-Manic
OutcryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #304
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

LOL, I have no idea. I haven't read all the new X-men comics that came out this week.... maybe he's someone we haven't seen yet. This soliciation is three months away.....

Old 06-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #305
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I picked up origins recently only because Deadpool was in it. I like Wolverine but I tend to just get the team books he appears in (y'know, every other one).

Can't say I'm that impressed. I have read previous issues here and there, but I absolutely hate the art. The people are drawn horribly, especially Wolverine. He looks kinda effeminate.

The writing isn't much better. The current arc wasn't so bad. It had some good moments between Deadpool and Wolverine. None of which were in least bit funny, which I was kinda expecting since it was Deadpool.

I think I'll just drop this book. There was only one thing that really interested me in this entire series and that was Dakon. Now even he seems boring to me.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #306
Logan vs Wade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I picked up origins recently only because Deadpool was in it. I like Wolverine but I tend to just get the team books he appears in (y'know, every other one).

Can't say I'm that impressed. I have read previous issues here and there, but I absolutely hate the art. The people are drawn horribly, especially Wolverine. He looks kinda effeminate.

The writing isn't much better. The current arc wasn't so bad. It had some good moments between Deadpool and Wolverine. None of which were in least bit funny, which I was kinda expecting since it was Deadpool.

I think I'll just drop this book. There was only one thing that really interested me in this entire series and that was Dakon. Now even he seems boring to me.
yeah Origins is disappointing. I'll stick with it though cuz it can't get much worse...or can it.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:42 PM   #307
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I actually liked the way this arc ended. I am curious to see what will happen when Daken wakes up. I thought Daken is going to be appearing in X-Force. I'd also be curious to see how he interacts with X23 since technically, they are siblings.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #308
Arkady Rossovich
Banned User

Expect things to get worse as Marvel gets ready to drain all the potential for this character with the movie coming out next year.

Arkady Rossovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #309
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkady Rossovich View Post
Expect things to get worse as Marvel gets ready to drain all the potential for this character with the movie coming out next year.
Wolverine has potential left? He already pops up in almost half of Marvel's books each month.........

Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #310
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

For September:

WOLVERINE: ORIGINS #28
Written by DANIEL WAY
Pencils & Cover by MIKE DEODATO
“DARK DECEPTION: PROLOGUE”
FEATURING ART BY NEW REGULAR PENCILER, MIKE DEODATO, JR.! Wolverine’s days in the Weapon X program, his first encounter with The Incredible Hulk, his induction into the X-Men...it’s all here in the prologue to DARK DECEPTION, next month’s WOLVERINE: ORIGINS and X-MEN: LEGACY crossover!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$2.99

WOLVERINE: SAUDADE
Written by JEAN-DAVID MORVAN
Pencils by PHILLIPE BOUCHET
Cover by PHILLIPE BOUCHET
Presented for the first time in North America: an amazing tale by two of Europe's top creators, starring one of the world's most popular super heroes! While on holiday in Brazil, the X-Man known as Wolverine has his motorcycle stolen by a group of young boys — one of whom has a secret. When a brutal gang kidnaps the boy, Logan sets off on a quest to find him — leading to a deadly encounter with a corrupt faith healer who may not be what he appears! WOLVERINE: SAUDADE is a vicious saga of bloody revenge as only Wolverine can deliver!
56 PGS./Mature ...$4.99

WOLVERINE: ROAR
Written by DUANE SWEIRZYNSKI
A self-contained, double-sized one-shot written by Duane Swierzynski (Cable) and illustrated by Mike Deodato (Wolverine: Origins)! All Logan wanted was a place to stop for a cool drink and listen to absolutely nothing for a while. Well, at least he got his second wish. Because in Roamer, New Mexico (population 342, and falling fast) there’s a savage creature with revenge in its heart, and a roar that can blow out the eardrums of any living being within a mile...except for Logan, of course, whose regenerative abilities bring his hearing back after a minute. But “a minute” is not soon enough — not when you have zero sense of balance and there’s a bloodthirsty creature that you can’t hear coming. A creature that won’t stop until Roamer is wiped off the face of the earth. A creature who wants the last thing you hear to be the sound of your own screams...
48 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #311
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Something tells me Miller has been watching Unforgiven when he wrote OLD MAN LOGAN. Also Logan looks like Harvey kietel.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #312
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Actually the events in the first part of Old Man Logan reminded me a lot of 310 to Yuma, that he would do anything, even something risky for the rent money.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #313
experiment x

Just read the first part of old man logan and it was decent I liked the seting and especially when Logan fantasied about gutting the Hulk guy.
As for Origins I have a love/hate relationship with it. That Logan would take Creed's word about the town being involved with Silverfox's murder after Creed himself killed her is total BS.

I liked that Way brought the old theory of James Hudson's involvement with Weapon-x and his possibly being involved in Logan's torment is someting that was explored in early issues of Alpha Flight.

I am just trying to figure out how Apocalypse, Sinister, Romulus, Brian Xaiver, Kurt Marko, Alexander Ryking, and Destiny were involved in Weapon-x as was suggested in various X-titles.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #314
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Anybody here read Origins? I thought it was really good, that they gave a really good explanation of where Daken was coming from, and even his name. The best part? Dillion didn't do teh art. It looked amazing.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #315
experiment x

I haven't got my copy of the latest origins but I heard some stuff about Logan wanting to execute some Japanese prisoners or something like that. Whats the deal?

Old 06-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #316
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

^^
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Not so much that he wanted to, but was ordered to. Don't know that I agree with the path that Way has taken, where it seems like Logan used to be all bad. You'd think there'd be some small part of Logan that would say doing these things are all wrong and rebel.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #317
experiment x

Thanks. I have the same reservations about Origins as you do. What I like about Logan is that if there was a question of right or wrong you could always count on Logan to come own on the right side. Logan never struck me as the obey orders type either. In fact he resents authority in many of its forms. A lot of Origins concepts I just don't buy. like killing a whole town of people on Creed's word alone, after he killed Silverfox? No way man.

That Logan would side with Baron Strucker an Nazi over Captain America on the word of someone he has never met (Romulus?) is something I just don't get.

Logan was a guy that killed in wars and killed in spy missions but that goes with the job. He was never an outright murderer.

I do like Logan trying to take care of Daken.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #318
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Yeah, I kinda hope they can resolve their issues and be friends, even if it's just grudgingly.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #319
experiment x

I wish Way would cover sme of the long unanswered questions from Logan's past. Like who stole the adamantium bonding process from Lord Darkwind and how it ended up in James Hudson's hands pre-Weapon-x?

Also what did Prof.X's father, Carter Ryking, and Merko have to do with Weapon-X and the Shiva Scenario? What did all three have to do with Project Black Womb? What were their relationship with Prof. Thornton?

What is the relationship between Romulus, Apocalypse, and Sinister? all three wee involved with Weapon-X.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #320
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Hopefully that will come. At least Logan seems to be heading in Romulous' direction now. I'd love to know more about that guy myself.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #321
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

For October:

WOLVERINE: MANIFEST DESTINY #1 (of 4)
Written by Jason Aaron
Penciled by Stephen Segovia
Cover by DAVE WILKINS
The X-Men have arrived in San Francisco"but Wolverine finds he’s left more than his heart there! Something happened in Chinatown more than 50 years ago…something that the people there still have not forgotten. And now Logan finds himself a marked man, pursued by fighters from every dojo in town--not to mention the mystical warriors of the criminal Triad and their merciless leader…who just happens to be Logan's ex-girlfriend. Guess you shoulda stayed in New York, huh bub?

WOLVERINE: ORIGINS #29
Written by DANIEL WAY
Pencils by MIKE DEODATO
Cover by MIKE DEODATO & RICHARD ISANOVE
Zombie Variant by MIKE DEODATO
“ORIGINAL SIN” PART 3
Continued from X-MEN LEGACY 217! It’s WOLVERINE versus the HELLFIRE CLUB as he seeks his missing son, DAKEN! The bodies will fly and the blood will run as PROFESSOR X learns the secret of Wolverine’s early days with the original new X-MEN! Things were not as they seemed"but who was deceiving whom? And is there time to save Daken’s soul?

Old 08-18-2008, 12:56 PM   #322
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

For November:

WOLVERINE #69
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
“OLD MAN LOGAN”
In a decimated future where America is dominated by super-villains, old man Logan lives out his days, but as far as he’s concerned, WOLVERINE died fifty years ago with the rest of the super heroes. Now he’s on a cross-country journey with the blind archer HAWKEYE to deliver a secret package to Hawkeye’s contacts on the east coast. But dinosaurs and earthquakes might just finish them off for good! Plus: the identity of the PRESIDENT is revealed! MARK MILLAR and STEVE MCNIVEN continue their post-apocalyptic epic for the ages! Part 4 (of 8).

WOLVERINE: CHOP SHOP
Written by MIKE BENSON
Penciled by ROLAND BOSCHI
Cover by TOMER HANUKA
You’ve heard the story before: A beautiful woman picks up a guy in a bar. They have a couple drinks, show each other a good time. And when he wakes up the next morning, the guy finds himself in a bathtub full of ice, with two fewer kidneys than he had the night before. Well, Wolverine’s heard this story too and he ain’t too thrilled by it. In fact, he’s willing to bring an end to it in the most direct way he can think of…
32 PGS./One-Shot/Parental Advisory …$2.99

WOLVERINE: MANIFEST DESTINY #2 (of 4)
Written by JASON AARON
Penciled by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
Cover by DAVE WILKINS
Wolverine is back in Chinatown, settling old scores. First up, his vengeful ex-girlfriend. Only problem, she now commands an army of gun-toting thugs, along with four mystical Kung Fu warriors, who together put a beatdown on Wolvie the likes of which hasn’t been seen in years. Now with Wolverine driven into hiding and the entire city out searching for him, who will dare come to his aid?

WOLVERINE: ORIGINS #30
Written by DANIEL WAY
ORIGINAL SIN
Continued from X-MEN: LEGACY #218! Searching for his kidnapped son, Wolverine will let nothing stand in his way"not even The Hellfire Club! Meanwhile, what dark secrets will Professor X unearth inside the scorched battlefield that is Wolverine’s mind? And what will it tell him about his own past deeds? Find out here in the mind-shattering"literally mind-shattering"conclusion to ORIGINAL SIN! Part 5 (of 5)

Old 08-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #323
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Thanks Squeek, was just about to do it

Old 08-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #324
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

This is the only thread that Specter doesn't update.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #325
Logan's Lady

Whoa.... there's lots I haven't seen out there.....

I have so much to catch up on

Logan's Lady is offline   Reply With Quote