The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Art

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #426
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmanx68 View Post
Those last 2 are really neat. Done in painter?

Yep. I really like the program. I know it's minimal compared to some higher end programs, but I'd rather be forced to do everything myself first before I have a rediculously expensive program that can paint an entire image with the touch of a button.

__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #427
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Here's another portfolio piece I'm working on. It's an alien sniper. Just like I did with the armored vehicle concept, I'm trying to do this one entirely from memory without any references.


__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #428
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Here's another update on the alien concept.


__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #429
X-Fan#1
The Dark McKnight
 
X-Fan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 335
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

thats looking pretty sweet so far, i cant wait to see the finished carnage piece too

__________________


Iron Man |Thor|The Hulk|Hawkeye|Captain America|Black Widow|Nick Fury

THE AVENGERS
X-Fan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #430
IronHulk
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City, NY
Posts: 120
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Your paintings are outstanding. Well done.

__________________
Iron Abomination, The Mandarin Leader, fear me, I am... IRONHULK
IronHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #431
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Fan#1 View Post
thats looking pretty sweet so far, i cant wait to see the finished carnage piece too
Thanks! I think I'm going to put Carnage on hold for a while. I've been playing around with a lot of new techniques, abd I want to wait until I find one that's just right to finish the Carnage portrait off with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHulk View Post
Your paintings are outstanding. Well done.
Thanks!

__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #432
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Here's an environment concept that I just finished, and my current progess on the alien sniper. Not too much more done on it, just a little work on the tentacles and filling in the shape of the gun.




__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #433
Phig
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: bristol, u.k.
Posts: 585
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

great stuff keith

thanks especially for the sniper rifle tutorial... interesting technique! i'm gonna try me some of that! i don't have painter so i'll be adapting it for photoshop, which generally seems feasible... but can you explain to me the properties of a gel layer in painter? thanks

also

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_v View Post
I'd rather be forced to do everything myself first before I have a rediculously expensive program that can paint an entire image with the touch of a button.
where can I get me one of those programs that can paint an entire image at the touch of a button?

Phig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #434
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phig View Post
great stuff keith

thanks especially for the sniper rifle tutorial... interesting technique! i'm gonna try me some of that! i don't have painter so i'll be adapting it for photoshop, which generally seems feasible... but can you explain to me the properties of a gel layer in painter? thanks

also



where can I get me one of those programs that can paint an entire image at the touch of a button?
Ha ha... well, the programs don't exactly paint the image for you, but they do come close. I see a lot of people create landscapes, that while are decent, they bring the image into multiple effects programs to jazz up everything from the lighting to the texture. Some people do it to the point that the picture just looks like a grainy mess with splashes of green and pink thrown in.


The only preset effect I use is some lighting, and that is only on a few of my images, in very, very small doses. I don't alter the texture of the canvas with preset filters and I paint all of my textures. I try to rely on the program as little as possible.

As for a gel layer, I'll try to explain it as clearly as I can; a gel layer causes the lighter areas of an image to become more transparent. Blacks stay black, but white becomes entirely transparent. The darker grey ares retain their color more so than the lighter grey areas. It basically takes an image and makes it into a transparency. This allows you to color the layer underneath the gel layer, and you'll be able to see the colors. If that isn't clear, just let me know

__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #435
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy
 
DorkyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Currently living in sanity.
Posts: 19,229
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

i really like your environment pieces, keith. nice contrasts between light and dark colors.

__________________
Karma: What Goes Around Comes Around: You Get What You Give: Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
<-:{=:]:[my ART thread]:[:=}:->
DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #436
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
i really like your environment pieces, keith. nice contrasts between light and dark colors.

Thanks!

It's actually funny, because I tend to like images that have a bit less contrast and more of a flatter, more subtle color scheme. I've been trying to up the contrast in my images, because subtley doesn't catch anyone's attention and get you jobs. The one thing I've learned with concept art, it can never be too dramatic.

I'm happy my efforts aren't going unnoticed!

__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #437
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Here's another update on my alien concept. I decided to go with a very organic look for the gun...


__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #438
IRON_Lad
Side-Kick
 
IRON_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Urath
Posts: 1,114
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

nice

__________________
Dev

IRON_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #439
ntbone
NT becomes T-Bone
 
ntbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,048
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Hey Keith, great work man. You are truly talented. I was going to make a request, if you think it might be something you're interested in. I'm working on a Spider-Man, Superman, Batman comic, and I need an epic style poster of the three heroes. I thought, if your interest my have been peaked, I would be honored to have an original design from you. You seem to spit art out like it's nothing, so if you have time and want to do it, like i said, i'd be honored. we're using the Batman Begins batsuit, and the Superman Returns superman. And the movie Spider-man, of course. Here's what Barney came up with:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5...npostersl5.jpg

__________________
"Ohh! Why do my actions have consequences?"
ntbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #440
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON_Lad View Post
nice
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntbone View Post
Hey Keith, great work man. You are truly talented. I was going to make a request, if you think it might be something you're interested in. I'm working on a Spider-Man, Superman, Batman comic, and I need an epic style poster of the three heroes. I thought, if your interest my have been peaked, I would be honored to have an original design from you. You seem to spit art out like it's nothing, so if you have time and want to do it, like i said, i'd be honored. we're using the Batman Begins batsuit, and the Superman Returns superman. And the movie Spider-man, of course. Here's what Barney came up with:

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5...npostersl5.jpg
I'll PM you about it, and thanks for the compliments!

__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #441
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Here's a warrior concept I started last night and finished this morning...


__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #442
tyler-durden
Side-Kick
 
tyler-durden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 7,739
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Cool, very creepy, would hate to meet him on the battlefield

__________________
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
tyler-durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #443
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
Cool, very creepy, would hate to meet him on the battlefield

Thanks! It had been a while since I had done anything really over the top violent and visceral, so I wanted to have fun with the pic.

__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #444
tyler-durden
Side-Kick
 
tyler-durden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 7,739
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Well, you did a good job

__________________
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
tyler-durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #445
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
Well, you did a good job

Thanks!



I was wondering if anyone could recommend some type clay or sculpting material. I'm looking for something that doesn't need to be cooked. If it can be painted, that's great, but I'm more concerned with moldability and not needing to be cooked.

I'm looking to add some sculpts of my concept designs to my portfolio, so I would need it to be able to be sculpted in the shape of a human and other organic creatures.


If anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated.

__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #446
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck
 
Buford The Sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Outside Suburban Tempe
Posts: 1,346
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_v View Post
Thanks!



I was wondering if anyone could recommend some type clay or sculpting material. I'm looking for something that doesn't need to be cooked. If it can be painted, that's great, but I'm more concerned with moldability and not needing to be cooked.

I'm looking to add some sculpts of my concept designs to my portfolio, so I would need it to be able to be sculpted in the shape of a human and other organic creatures.


If anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated.
You can't go wrong with the typical Blick gray modeling clay. Can't really be painted though. It can be used to create molds for resin casting (which can be painted) but I've never attempted to do anything like that. I've just bought the models and painted them.

Buford The Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #447
Phig
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: bristol, u.k.
Posts: 585
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_v View Post
Here's another update on my alien concept. I decided to go with a very organic look for the gun...

very cool! love the fact that, despite the fact it's obviously a dude holding a gun, it's not exactly clear where the dude ends and the gun begins!

Phig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #448
tyler-durden
Side-Kick
 
tyler-durden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 7,739
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_v View Post
Here's a warrior concept I started last night and finished this morning...

I jope you mold this into a sculpture it would be awesome.

__________________
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
tyler-durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #449
keith_v
Side-Kick
 
keith_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford The Sly View Post
You can't go wrong with the typical Blick gray modeling clay. Can't really be painted though. It can be used to create molds for resin casting (which can be painted) but I've never attempted to do anything like that. I've just bought the models and painted them.
I looked for this clay, but had to settle for Sculpey. I'm definitely going to be looking out for Blick if I ever come across any. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phig View Post
very cool! love the fact that, despite the fact it's obviously a dude holding a gun, it's not exactly clear where the dude ends and the gun begins!
Thanks! I had figured since the alien isn't too complex and the gun is pretty complex and detailed, I could sort of blend the two together without it looking incoherent.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
I jope you mold this into a sculpture it would be awesome.
I just bought some clay, so let's see where it takes me!

__________________
SUPER ROBOT BUBBLE POP!
Give it a try. It's a fun, fast paced action game, and, best of all... it's free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #450
tyler-durden
Side-Kick
 
tyler-durden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 7,739
Default Re: Keith_v's Fan Art

Nice, Can't wait to see what you do.

__________________
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
tyler-durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.