The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #26
Qwertyİ
Banned User

Default Re: Love letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot069 View Post
what do you expect?... this is a comic book movie forum... almost everyone's gonna think they're opinion is the best one.
Unfortunately.

Qwertyİ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #27
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyİ View Post
Ugh, please, don't waste my time. I have never said my opinion was right. I haven't put myself on a pedestal. I am just fed up of how people in these boards act like whiny children. It's ridiculous how people are against each other over things like shades of red on a costume and Superman lifting a giant rock.

I have always criticised people's tone and manner, and never their opinion. It is clear as day and i'm really fed up of pointing it out again and again.
honestly, not even to sound rude, but your melodramatic and condescending tone doesn't alleviate the situation. if it is that taxing to you, you really don't have to participate in the discussion. i mean, it's just an online forum.

and just as you insist people are whining like children...anyone can make the same accusations against you. if you think you pointing fingers like the high and mighty makes the circumstances better (especially when you're behavior seems similar to the very behavior that you detest), you're mistaken.

it's a message board...if people want to express their grievances (appropriately) with the movie and singer (without insulting others directly or indirectly)...let them be. don't chastise them...what gives you the authority? if someone is insulting you...directly or indirectly, i can understand...but when you carry on the way you do (especially when you generalize), you're only exacerbating the situation.

if everyone agreed 100% all the time...what fun would that be?

and i'm not wasting your time, buddy...it's your choice to read and respond to my posts....if your time is being wasted, it's you who is causing that to happen. and if it really takes you that much time to read and respond in an online forum....i don't even know what to say.

ThanosOfTitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #28
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosOfTitans View Post
does that some how discredit it as being a plot twist? or being a gimmick? because it was planned from the beginning? i never said it was an afterthought rushed at the last minute....to me...it felt like a poor attempt to throw a plot twist into the franchise....no matter when the idea was introduced into the story.
I wasn't really replying into anybody in particular, I was adding some more information into how the kid played into the idea. I know you hate it if one tries to discredit your info.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #29
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
I wasn't really replying into anybody in particular, I was adding some more information into how the kid played into the idea. I know you hate it if one tries to discredit your info.
LOL no, it's not like that. i admit, i can be argumentative, but i don't go down without a fight. i can admit when the opposing side has a valid point or when i'm wrong...but i want there to be some good words exchanged before i go down. it makes things interesting...

Old 06-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #30
Qwertyİ
Banned User

Quote:
honestly, not even to sound rude, but your melodramatic and condescending tone doesn't alleviate the situation. if it is that taxing to you, you really don't have to participate in the discussion. i mean, it's just an online forum.
Online forums are for discussion, and I see no discussion here, I just see arguments and spite.

Quote:
and just as you insist people are whining like children...anyone can make the same accusations against you. if you think you pointing fingers like the high and mighty makes the circumstances better (especially when you're behavior seems similar to the very behavior that you detest), you're mistaken.
My behaviour is not the same as those who I detest. They act like they are acting because of differences in opinion, which is childish. I am simply pointing out howridiculous it is. I don't think I am enlightened in any way, others also feel it is ridiculous, they just don't feel like doing anything about it for reasons of their own.

Quote:
it's a message board...if people want to express their grievances (appropriately) with the movie and singer (without insulting others directly or indirectly)...let them be. don't chastise them...what gives you the authority?
I'm not chastising them because of differences in opinion, I say again. I'm chastising them because of their manner and how they refuse to act civilly. I even agree with some of them on some points. But they can't get their point across in a way which doesn't provoke or condescend.
Quote:
if someone is insulting you...directly or indirectly, i can understand...but when you carry on the way you do (especially when you generalize), you're only exacerbating the situation.
I do feel insulted by their behavior.

Quote:
if everyone agreed 100% all the time...what fun would that be?
I don't want everyone to agree (Why must I repeat this so much?), I just want everyone to agree to disagree.

Superman Returns has been out for nearly a year. And people are still arguing about the same things. Does this not bother you?

Old 06-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #31
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
LOL no, it's not like that. i admit, i can be argumentative, but i don't go down without a fight. i can admit when the opposing side has a valid point or when i'm wrong...but i want there to be some good words exchanged before i go down. it makes things interesting...
Understood, the captain of the Titanic did the same thing. He was going places.

I have no problems with you, you are very articulate and it doesn't seem that you have to much of an attitude. Maybe a little bit. I'll be watching.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #32
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

Quote:
Online forums are for discussion, and I see no discussion here, I just see arguments and spite.

My behaviour is not the same as those who I detest. They act like they are acting because of differences in opinion, which is childish. I am simply pointing out howridiculous it is. I don't think I am enlightened in any way, others also feel it is ridiculous, they just don't feel like doing anything about it for reasons of their own.

I'm not chastising them because of differences in opinion, I say again. I'm chastising them because of their manner and how they refuse to act civilly. I even agree with some of them on some points. But they can't get their point across in a way which doesn't provoke or condescend. I do feel insulted by their behavior.

I don't want everyone to agree (Why must I repeat this so much?), I just want everyone to agree to disagree.

Superman Returns has been out for nearly a year. And people are still arguing about the same things. Does this not bother you?
well, i just think people are passionate about the character and the film. it doesn't really bother me. when people who enjoyed the movie post their comments...i don't question it. i do feel inclined to participate in the discussion if something is said that is false or just really doesn't agree with me.

the only time i'm bothered is when people post comments just to bash. which has died down a lot since the movie first hit theaters. i don't understand how people think the boards are bad now...i thought things were totally chaotic when the movie first released..lol..especially with all the X3 comparisons.

but i don't have a problem with the arguing..or people who like the movie and support it, because i know i'm the same way with certain movies.

for instance...at first...i completely hated what they did to the phoenix in X3 and felt as though the movie lacked many qualities that compromised its potential; however, i find myself watching the movie all the time....and i know it's because i love the x-men so much that i make the movie work for me. i know it's not the greatest comic book movie ever...but it entertains the hell out of me....and i'll defend it up and down. so i can understand those who support Superman Returns and it doesn't bother me, cuz maybe they feel the same way about SR that i feel about X3...or maybe they just genuinely liked SR without any gripes....it's all good.

i think more people are more passionate about Superman though, because he just came back into the lime light...and it seems like he is running into some bumpy ground. the x-men have had their time, spiderman has had his, the fantastic four are having theirs, and batman is having his.....and I think that's why there is sooo much attention on Superman...we're all just awaiting that official sequel announcement. i'm not too fond of what singer did...but i'd rather have singer on board for the sequel than nothing at all.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #33
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

Quote:
Understood, the captain of the Titanic did the same thing. He was going places.

I have no problems with you, you are very articulate and it doesn't seem that you have to much of an attitude. Maybe a little bit. I'll be watching.
lol yes, i do give off a lil attitude every now and then, but it's only when i feel like i'm being insulted or if someone is challenging my intelligence. i've expressed my gripe with certain individuals who imply i'm a caveman cuz i didn't like a frickin movie...

and i've been told i'm sarcastic, i don't know where people get an idea like that

Old 06-12-2007, 01:12 AM   #34
Angeloz
Side-Kick

So this thread is about how extremely wrong of Singer to love the Donner Superman and he should of based it on something else? Like spiders, polar bears and Kryptonian CIA agents. 'Cos that's original.

Just joking.

Angeloz

Angeloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:47 AM   #35
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

Yeah basically we love those silly superman comics this singer guy barely paid attention to. I can't stand by idly watching returns fans Villify and deride those who cherish and love the comics and want to see that version respected more than an old movie version. It's not right, i think.

I'm not totally against the donner stuff. But I'm totally against ignoring the source material to the extent singer did. That was a big boo boo.

Last edited by The Kid; 06-12-2007 at 03:51 AM.
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:01 AM   #36
Angeloz
Side-Kick

He used different source material i.e. the Donner film(s). I don't see how that can't be respected either. And I've read a few comics myself though not many recently. I plan on ordering some TPBs but it'll take time.

Angeloz

Angeloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:49 AM   #37
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed View Post
I'm not totally against the donner stuff. But I'm totally against ignoring the source material to the extent singer did. That was a big boo boo.
Well if it's any consolation, the plane scene and bullet in the eye scene had inspirations from John Byrne's Man of Steel, Superman holding Kitty's car was the same as the cover to Action Comics #1 and an article title Why the World Needs Superman appeared in Identity Crisis.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #38
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

And superman being a dick leaving lois for five years without warning after they did the deed must have come from the Superman is a dick issues.

yadda yadda, well I hope singer reads more of the books if he gets another shot.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #39
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

I think you mean Superdickery.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #40
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

yah superdickery... oops I guess I'm starting to get a life, and forget all about this superman movie stuff, show. Save me.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #41
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't want to save you, because if you get out of here, I need you to help break me free.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #42
Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
My biggest question about this movie is, will it be just another love letter from Singer to Donner or will Singer allow Routh to play Superman and Clark HIS way rather then pretending to be Reeves, forget the "son of Superman" thing all together etc...
Good question.

Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #43
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesyeed View Post
And superman being a dick leaving lois for five years without warning after they did the deed must have come from the Superman is a dick issues.

yadda yadda, well I hope singer reads more of the books if he gets another shot.
Didn't he do that in Return to Krypton?

Old 06-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #44
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
My biggest question about this movie is, will it be just another love letter from Singer to Donner or will Singer allow Routh to play Superman and Clark HIS way rather then pretending to be Reeves, forget the "son of Superman" thing all together etc...
if he can't refer to donner's, what can he refer to??? comic is silly to him.
star war?

if there isn't son of superman, it will not be a singer's superman story.

superbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:31 AM   #45
Qwertyİ
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbaby View Post
if he can't refer to donner's, what can he refer to??? comic is silly to him.
When did he ever say comics are silly?

The fact he has now directed two different superhero franchises says to me that he thinks comics are not silly. He grew up watching the Superman TV show and the Donner movies. He is also a Star Trek fan so he has an interest in sci-fi.

So why do you think that he believes comics are silly? Because he didn't do the Superman movie you wanted, and therefore he is ignorant?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:46 AM   #46
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
When did he ever say comics are silly?

The fact he has now directed two different superhero franchises says to me that he thinks comics are not silly. He grew up watching the Superman TV show and the Donner movies. He is also a Star Trek fan so he has an interest in sci-fi.

So why do you think that he believes comics are silly? Because he didn't do the Superman movie you wanted, and therefore he is ignorant?
sorry if i have putting words into his mouth. but he said he didn't read comics. and i think he doesn't have the sci-fi genre. or to be exact the good sci-fi genre.

btw, do you think he will still using the sympathetic strategy to sell superman? you know like spiderman , self-pityness...
my son is very vulnerable and sick, should i take care of my son, or should i take care of the world?
i'm still in love in lois, but i can't spoil her family, what can i do?
my ass is still painful, lex is still having a piece of kryptonite, if he returns how can i save my ass???...
although i'm superman... but i'm troubled, please give me sympathy and love...

Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #47
Qwertyİ
Banned User

Quote:
sorry if i have putting words into his mouth. but he said he didn't read comics. and i think he doesn't have the sci-fi genre. or to be exact the good sci-fi genre.

btw, do you think he will still using the sympathetic strategy to sell superman? you know like spiderman , self-pityness...
my son is very vulnerable and sick, should i take care of my son, or should i take care of the world?
my ass is still painful, lex is still having a piece of kryptonite, if he returns how can i save my ass???...
I thought it was clear that at the end of the movie he was happy again, as he was flying into the sunset with a smile.

In fact, it's incredibly obvious the sequel will have a lighter tone.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:49 AM   #48
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Will you cut it out with that stuff, you're going to get put on probation or banned and it's going to be your own fault.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #49
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Quote:
I thought it was clear that at the end of the movie he was happy again, as he was flying into the sunset with a smile.

In fact, it's incredibly obvious the sequel will have a lighter tone.
Thank you! I've said that countless times.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:57 AM   #50
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Will you cut it out with that stuff, you're going to get put on probation or banned and it's going to be your own fault.
what's wrong with that???
we got those in SR, didn't we? and there are so many kryptonite left (planted for the sequel) and it has a high chance singer will use the kryptonite to kick superman's ass again. isn't it a high possible? why mad?