The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 03:18 AM   #76
Zenien
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Zenien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 25,975
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Units seems to be a bit more specialized on the protoss side, did anyone notice how weak the Tempest Unit seems, and it doesn't look like turrets can target the disc fighters, but rather automatically target the Tempest itself. That solves one of the issues people had with dealing with Carrier attacks I suppose.

Interesting that the Tempest has a shield that only works against ground based weaponry and it seems to be a good bit weaker then the Carriers use to be, along with looking like a Carrier that has been stripped of its hull plates. Fitting with the story of the Protoss for Starcraft 2, I bet they're pretty stretched for resources (and the Tempest seems to almost reflect that).

That's what happens when your home world gets infested I suppose.


Quote:
Originally Posted by XtromaniaK View Post
Technically, it's been 9 years for SC. And Diablo is a classic.. a classic! Plus, I'm getting sick of all of the games coming out lately that end in "Craft". Why can't we just have one game that doesn't involve creating something. I WANT TO DESTROY!
You create characters in Diablo. Your logic eats itself.

Zenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:59 AM   #77
WhatsHisFace
Banned User
 
WhatsHisFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: In school. (and cool)
Posts: 39,016
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenien View Post
You two are funny.

StarCraft > Diablo.

Years waiting on the sequel (Since the latest iterations expansion)
StarCraft franchise: 10
Diablo franchise: 7

**** you Diablo fans, I want my Starcraft 2 already.
I'm sorry Zenien, but I can't let you say that. StarCraft, a rip-off of the WarHammer series, does not compare to the hack-and-slash bliss that Diablo provides. Besides, there are enough good strategy games out right now, with plenty more on the way. StarCraft 2 is a drop in the bucket. Good Action-RPGs however, have all but vanished for some reason.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:00 AM   #78
WhatsHisFace
Banned User
 
WhatsHisFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: In school. (and cool)
Posts: 39,016
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtromaniaK View Post
Technically, it's been 9 years for SC. And Diablo is a classic.. a classic! Plus, I'm getting sick of all of the games coming out lately that end in "Craft". Why can't we just have one game that doesn't involve creating something. I WANT TO DESTROY!
Not to mention, if you take out "Craft" you just have "Star" and "War"... "Star Wars"... "Star Wars"... RRRRAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:25 AM   #79
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,737
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisFace View Post
I'm sorry Zenien, but I can't let you say that. StarCraft, a rip-off of the WarHammer series, does not compare to the hack-and-slash bliss that Diablo provides. Besides, there are enough good strategy games out right now, with plenty more on the way. StarCraft 2 is a drop in the bucket. Good Action-RPGs however, have all but vanished for some reason.
who gives a f**k what it rips off... still doesn't change the fact that tis is gonna be an awesome game.

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:28 AM   #80
XtromaniaK
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,182
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenien View Post
You create characters in Diablo. Your logic eats itself.
Touche.


Quote:
Not to mention, if you take out "Craft" you just have "Star" and "War"... "Star Wars"... "Star Wars"... RRRRAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
RRAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!!!!!!

XtromaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #81
WhatsHisFace
Banned User
 
WhatsHisFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: In school. (and cool)
Posts: 39,016
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot069 View Post
who gives a f**k what it rips off... still doesn't change the fact that tis is gonna be an awesome game.
Because then Zenien loses the right to say that StarCraft hasn't had an entry for longer than Diablo, because StarCraft is heavily influenced by WarHammer.

Diablo has it's own rip-offs, but they're not quality games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtromaniaK View Post
RRAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!!!!!!
I can somehow always relate to you.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #82
XtromaniaK
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,182
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisFace View Post
I can somehow always relate to you.
I know, you're like a me-whisperer.

XtromaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #83
Zenien
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Zenien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 25,975
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

You're forgetting that most Warhammer games suck.

A sequel to the biggest RTS in history that is still the most played RTS in the world is not a drop in the bucket.

I still play Starcraft. It's the best all around RTS ever made, it's as close to perfect as I've seen in the genre, I just played a match yesterday and it is still amazing.

A DROP IN THE BUCKET? Methinks you don't know Starcraft.

Besides most of the people behind Diablo are making Hellgate London now anyway, and that's coming out soon, so quit yer *****ing woman.

Zenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #84
XtromaniaK
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,182
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenien;
Besides most of the people behind Diablo are making Hellgate London now anyway, and that's coming out soon, so quit yer *****ing woman.
Given your gender, that line disturbs me.

XtromaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #85
WhatsHisFace
Banned User
 
WhatsHisFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: In school. (and cool)
Posts: 39,016
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenien View Post
You're forgetting that most Warhammer games suck.

A sequel to the biggest RTS in history that is still the most played RTS in the world is not a drop in the bucket.

I still play Starcraft. It's the best all around RTS ever made, it's as close to perfect as I've seen in the genre, I just played a match yesterday and it is still amazing.

A DROP IN THE BUCKET? Methinks you don't know Starcraft.

Besides most of the people behind Diablo are making Hellgate London now anyway, and that's coming out soon, so quit yer *****ing woman.
I hope you didn't just give me "Hellgate London" as a reason to not *****. You have to pay $10/month to play singleplayer, Zenien. Singlerplayer. Besides, it's high-tech, low-charm and doesn't show the promise of a Diablo game. It's like saying "The Goldeneye team is going to make TimeSplitters, so don't ***** (provided you know that TimeSplitters was garbage - judging by your respect for Killzone you might think TS is amazing).

But I know StarCraft. I also know Command and Conquer, and I'd much rather play one of those than StarCraft. Speaking of which, C&C3 just came out, that ought to have your 3D-RTS itch scratched for a while. But where's my Diablo scratch? Hmmm? Ever think about anyone other than yourself? WHERE'S MY DIABLO SCRATCH?

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #86
Zenien
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Zenien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 25,975
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

C&C3 is no StarCraft/Broodwars. That's a fact. Saying you'd rather play C&C only injures the validity of your argument.

There's only one Starcraft the rest try to do their own thing. The only game that approaches the balance and narrative and SC style gameplayof SC is Rise of Legends which came out a while ago, but it's no replacement.

There's Hellgate London from the people primarily responsible for Diablo, and Too Human which is built around the same philosophy as Diablo and Diablo is going to be the next game Blizzard announces anyway as has been pretty much confirmed at this point.

So even when the Action RPG genre is getting much more prominent releases coming up excluding the probably Diablo 3, were we to say there's no replacement for either Starcraft or Diablo, it has still been a long wait for StarCraft then a sequel to Diablo.

Zenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #87
XtromaniaK
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,182
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenien View Post
C&C3 is no StarCraft/Broodwars. That's a fact. Saying you'd rather play C&C only injures the validity of your argument.

There's only one Starcraft the rest try to do their own thing. The only game that approaches the balance and narrative of C is Rise of Legends which came out a while ago, but it's no replacement for the real thing. There's Hellgate London from the people primarily responsible for Diablo, and Too Human which is built around the same philosophy as Diablo and Diablo is going to be the next game Blizzard announces anyway.

So even when the Action RPG genre is getting much more prominent releases coming up excluding the probably Diablo 3, were we to say there's no replacement for either Starcraft or Diablo, it ahs still been a long wait for StarCraft then a sequel to Diablo.
What about WoS? WORLD OF STARCRAFT?!

Then we'll all have to wait another 8 years for a new Diablo game. EIGHT YEARS! /faint

XtromaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:42 PM   #88
Zenien
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Zenien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 25,975
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

WoS will be a console MMO.

Diablo 3 is in the works/being worked on right now.

Zenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #89
WhatsHisFace
Banned User
 
WhatsHisFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: In school. (and cool)
Posts: 39,016
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

It better be. I tried playing Diablo 2 again, but it's so... well, I still remember EXACTLY what you have to do, every quest of the game. It's impossible to go back to, after all the times I've played it. I just level grind with my friends occasionally, but I can't be arsed more than once a week.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #90
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,737
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisFace View Post
Because then Zenien loses the right to say that StarCraft hasn't had an entry for longer than Diablo, because StarCraft is heavily influenced by WarHammer.
like I said before, who gives a rat's ass? I certainly don't.

I couldn't care any less about which game came first or which game ripped off what... that's not what it's about.

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #91
WhatsHisFace
Banned User
 
WhatsHisFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: In school. (and cool)
Posts: 39,016
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

You're right. This is about Diablo being better than StarCraft, reasons aside.

That being said, Diablo or bust, Blizzard.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:41 AM   #92
Spade
Cool and Chiseled
 
Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wherever it's chillest.
Posts: 9,963
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

I just found out about this today. This is like being a kid over at a candy store- it really is a lot to take in in just a few hours. Blizzard fufilled a huge personal wish for me. I didn't care whether Diablo 3 or SC2 got made first, though as a sci-fi/ fantasy buff who found himself immersed in the good plot and strategy gaming Starcraft offered I found myself favoring the latter's appearance. Seriously, I can't stress this enough- this is what I wanted the sequel to look like. I'm intrigued by the Kerrigan screen with her in a human state, really intrigued by the Protoss units and how they've handled near-annihilation during their exodus, and...the Xel'Naga?! Talk about a dream come true. After Brood War's hidden level ending I'm going to be glued into how they play into all of this- the game-ending baddies, or actual controllable units?

I'm going to bed tonight a very, very satisfied SC fan. After all this time, Blizzard came through in stride. Their trailer hits it right on the head- it's about freakin' time.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:46 AM   #93
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,737
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisFace View Post
You're right. This is about Diablo being better than StarCraft, reasons aside.

That being said, Diablo or bust, Blizzard.
well, you have a right to that opinion, even though I disagree with it.

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #94
XtromaniaK
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,182
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiKiriyama View Post
I just found out about this today. This is like being a kid over at a candy store- it really is a lot to take in in just a few hours. Blizzard fufilled a huge personal wish for me. I didn't care whether Diablo 3 or SC2 got made first, though as a sci-fi/ fantasy buff who found himself immersed in the good plot and strategy gaming Starcraft offered I found myself favoring the latter's appearance. Seriously, I can't stress this enough- this is what I wanted the sequel to look like. I'm intrigued by the Kerrigan screen with her in a human state, really intrigued by the Protoss units and how they've handled near-annihilation during their exodus, and...the Xel'Naga?! Talk about a dream come true. After Brood War's hidden level ending I'm going to be glued into how they play into all of this- the game-ending baddies, or actual controllable units?

I'm going to bed tonight a very, very satisfied SC fan. After all this time, Blizzard came through in stride. Their trailer hits it right on the head- it's about freakin' time.
I have to disagree with you on that one. On the grounds that it looks less dark and menacing as SC and more cartoon-ish and bright. Most of the colors look over-saturated and it not only bothers my eyes, but reminds me of WoW which does NOT make me a happy camper.

It's cool that they're making a new SC, but at least don't kiddify the visuals too just so they can get a little more customers. It annoys me.

XtromaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #95
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,737
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

you do realize that this is just a beta... right?

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:45 PM   #96
Zenien
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Zenien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 25,975
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

The Seige Tank looks like a robber toy when it's firing in seige mode.

But yeah it's beta. I hope the Zerglings drop the weird bug wings.

Zenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #97
wellsy
All crews reporting.
 
wellsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 775
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Remember, SC2 is still in a relatively early phase of development. I think its about in the early stages of the in-house beta testing, or the late stages of alpha.

Oh, and as a point of future reference, despite Starcraft having taken plenty of cues from 40K, can we leave the Games Workshop IPs out of this discussion as much as possible. I get enough of it on Warhammer Alliance against Warcraft and WoW (although there, it is a bit understandable, given how poor I've heard the end game to be in WoW).

__________________
Avert Not, Thine Eyes
wellsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:34 AM   #98
WhatsHisFace
Banned User
 
WhatsHisFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: In school. (and cool)
Posts: 39,016
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot069 View Post
you do realize that this is just a beta... right?
Art direction is finalized before a game goes alpha.

WhatsHisFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #99
Super Kal
Side-Kick
 
Super Kal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: a northern state :(
Posts: 47,737
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

no duh... but that doesn't mean it's gonna stay the same.

__________________
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and His commandments are not burdensome.
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #100
XtromaniaK
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,182
Default Re: Starcraft 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
Remember, SC2 is still in a relatively early phase of development. I think its about in the early stages of the in-house beta testing, or the late stages of alpha.

Oh, and as a point of future reference, despite Starcraft having taken plenty of cues from 40K, can we leave the Games Workshop IPs out of this discussion as much as possible. I get enough of it on Warhammer Alliance against Warcraft and WoW (although there, it is a bit understandable, given how poor I've heard the end game to be in WoW).
You browse WHA as well? Who you be?

XtromaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.