The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

View Poll Results: AMH (as Mike Engel)...
Is (or will become) the Riddler. 33 27.97%
Is simply a reporter. 85 72.03%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #2501
Bond
Banned User

Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall's Secret Role in the Dark Knight?

Anyone else see Eckhart on that Rachel Ray show this morning?

Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #2502
sasquatchs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
do you have a link for maggie's quote? no one has been able to provide one yet.

I think the confusion's coming from this article with a quote from Maggie and a separate thing from BOF, haven't heard Maggie talk about anyone but her character and Nolan

Quote:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/802/802245p1.html

Oscar nominee Maggie Gyllenhaal is currently shooting her role as Asst. D.A. Rachel Dawes, Bruce Wayne's love interest, in The Dark Knight, a role that she took over from Katie Holmes. She recently took time out of her busy schedule to talk about her career and her experience thus far working on director Christopher Nolan's sequel to Batman Begins.

In an interview with Britian's The Guardian Unlimited, Gyllenhaal said, "Doing Batman has shocked me at every turn. When I started, I thought, 'Well, it's a huge movie, I'll just do my best to put what I can into it.' But, in fact, they've been really hungry for my ideas, for my views. It's great! They've been asking for more!"

The Dark Knight is currently filming in Chicago, where spy reports on the shoot have been popping up online on almost a daily basis. Now Batman-on-Film.com has posted an insider report on what was slated to be shot yesterday.

BoF's scooper claims that Friday's shoot required Christian Bale to "film scenes as his Bruce Wayne character with Rachael and in the suit as Batman." There would also reportedly be an interaction between a Gotham Police S.W.A.T. unit and Batman, and Gary Oldman's Lt. Gordon was also on hand.

The most interesting tidbit, however, was the following: "Anthony Michael Hall is not someone created for the film (like 'Rachel Dawes'). His character is from the comic books and is rather well known. I know you don't do spoilers, so let's just say he seems to be good, but is really bad, or it could be the other way around -- it's quite the 'mystery.' The fans will definately [sic] get a kick out of his appearance in the film!"

So who do you think Hall plays? Let us know by leaving a comment below!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #2503
Mysterio
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I don't think it is a possibility - but there are no "Batman Family" male characters outside of Robin (Nightwing can not be done without Robin before him). There are characters that are similar to Batman, have worked with the Dark Knight on occasion - such as Green Arrow and The Question.

Again - I don't think either are possible.

There is no room in this movie for another lawyer, and nor do I think they would want to really develop another cop at this point and time in the franchise - Jimbo still needs some growing.

I also simply do not buy him playing a Batman-like Homemade wannabe.
these are, of course, merely opinions. obviously, Nightwing can be done without having Robin before him. obviously, there is room in the movie for another lawyer and another cop. it's as simple as writing the part into the script. there's a difference between what you want or don't want to see versus what can or can't be done.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #2504
Bandyt
Hot Dickings!

It could be a lesser known character, seeing as Fans will get a kick out of it.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #2505
Mysterio
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatchs View Post
I think the confusion's coming from this article with a quote from Maggie and a separate thing from BOF
that's exactly where it's coming from. it's like that game "telephone".

Old 08-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #2506
Nepenthes
Side-Kick

Look he's the Riddler and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyt View Post
Are there any notable Batman Allies from the comics besides Robin?
Green Arrow? ha ha

Old 08-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #2507
Acid Snowman

Most superhero movies have reporters in them. Newsman Vic Sage (the Question) could fill that role. Think about it, he could be covering a story on Batman, and be inspired to fight crime because of it.
Maybe he gets his pseudoderm from Lucius Fox instead of Tot Rodor?

Old 08-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #2508
sasquatchs
Side-Kick

Well, my guess has been Mike Engel, the TV host, AMH seems to play the a**hole quite well. His involvement with Freeman is him being on the financial segment of the show

Last edited by sasquatchs; 08-02-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #2509
Jack_Sparrow789
Side-Kick

I just can't find a well known character that would really work with Wayne/Batman AND Fox. I want to say maybe Thomas Elliot is a possibility that I don't think we've considered. Forgetting the fact that he was Hush in the Hush story arc, he is farily important and would be close to Wayne for sure. Maybe they'll make him Batman's personal medic, who works in collaboration with Fox to design the new Batsuit after Wayne suffers injury due to the restrictions of the BB suit. Also, the medic thing could come into play pending the Batmobile blow up isnt a decoy used by Batman to fake his death. Just some thoughts. If anyone else has thought of Thomas Elliot before this, I apologize for takiing credit.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #2510
Mysterio
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow789 View Post
I just can't find a well known character that would really work with Wayne/Batman AND Fox. I want to say maybe Thomas Elliot is a possibility that I don't think we've considered. Forgetting the fact that he was Hush in the Hush story arc, he is farily important and would be close to Wayne for sure. Maybe they'll make him Batman's personal medic, who works in collaboration with Fox to design the new Batsuit after Wayne suffers injury due to the restrictions of the BB suit. Also, the medic thing could come into play pending the Batmobile blow up isnt a decoy used by Batman to fake his death. Just some thoughts. If anyone else has thought of Thomas Elliot before this, I apologize for takiing credit.
i'm going to put my head through a wall.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #2511
Jack_Sparrow789
Side-Kick

Quote:
i'm going to put my head through a wall.
Haha yeah it's quite a stretch I admit. I just am trying to find something that wont clog up the story further. I know I've said it before, but I really don't want another Spiderman 3 mistake to happen. AMH's role had better be damn important for it to be kept this secret. If we were going by TLH, Vernon Fields sounds logical, but he wouldnt be around Wayne and Fox that much. I dunno, maybe he is Riddler, because this is starting to become as much of a friggin mind game as the exams in my college Psychology classes

Old 08-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #2512
Mysterio
Banned User

Quote:
Haha yeah it's quite a stretch I admit. I just am trying to find something that wont clog up the story further. I know I've said it before, but I really don't want another Spiderman 3 mistake to happen. AMH's role had better be damn important for it to be kept this secret. If we were going by TLH, Vernon Fields sounds logical, but he wouldnt be around Wayne and Fox that much. I dunno, maybe he is Riddler, because this is starting to become as much of a friggin mind game as the exams in my college Psychology classes
1) it hasn't been reported that he plays a well-known character. AMH hasn't said it, and no cast member has said it. it's just a rumor, and one that hasn't been confirmed. 2) he has stated that he's playing a good guy.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #2513
Jack_Sparrow789
Side-Kick

Quote:
1) it hasn't been reported that he plays a well-known character. AMH hasn't said it, and no cast member has said it. it's just a rumor, and one that hasn't been confirmed. 2) he has stated that he's playing a good guy.
I was under the impression that it's been reported that his character is a well known one from the comics, not another Rachel Dawes-esque creation.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #2514
Nepenthes
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ lol

I'm still betting on Nigma replacing Vernon Fields as Dents assistant. He's brilliant...but corrupt, working for Maroni. A twist that combines characters like BB

Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #2515
Jack_Sparrow789
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
^ lol

I'm still betting on Nigma replacing Vernon Fields as Dents assistant. He's brilliant...but corrupt, working for Maroni. A twist that combines characters like BB
Hadn't thought of that. Very interesting....*strokes imaginary beard*

Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #2516
Figs
Banned User

My Signature in bold says it all.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #2517
Mysterio
Banned User

Quote:
I was under the impression that it's been reported that his character is a well known one from the comics, not another Rachel Dawes-esque creation.
nope, not outside some random anonymous "scooper."

Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #2518
Citadel30
Local Boob

was it quoted that he was going to be "throughout the whole movie"?

Old 08-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #2519
Figs
Banned User

Quote:

That's what I thought too. After work today, im going to search online for interviews with the cast that they've done in the past month or two. I want to fully find out if it's true or not.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #2520
Mysterio
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadel30 View Post
was it quoted that he was going to be "throughout the whole movie"?
yes. his words.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #2521
Mysterio
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmanJ View Post
That's what I thought too. After work today, im going to search online for interviews with the cast that they've done in the past month or two. I want to fully find out if it's true or not.
is this the one you're thinking of?

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=597

Old 08-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #2522
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
these are, of course, merely opinions. obviously, Nightwing can be done without having Robin before him. obviously, there is room in the movie for another lawyer and another cop. it's as simple as writing the part into the script. there's a difference between what you want or don't want to see versus what can or can't be done.
Nightwing being done without Robin is the same as Batman being done without the death of Martha and Thomas Wayne - or Superman not being from Krypton. So yes, it could be done - however it won't be.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #2523
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Snowman View Post
Most superhero movies have reporters in them. Newsman Vic Sage (the Question) could fill that role. Think about it, he could be covering a story on Batman, and be inspired to fight crime because of it.
Maybe he gets his pseudoderm from Lucius Fox instead of Tot Rodor?
If The Dark Knight includes a minor role from a newsman - I demand it be Clark Kent or Lois Lane.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:39 PM   #2524
StorminNorman
Banned User

Quote:
You can't do Thomas Elliot correctly without flash backs. Guy Lewis is not in this film

Old 08-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #2525
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
is this the one you're thinking of?

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=597

That's it! It may not be fact because it's only from a pooper scooper, but my money is on him playing an existing character from the comics..............that is if he's not playing the Falafel assistant.

Closed Thread