The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

View Poll Results: AMH (as Mike Engel)...
Is (or will become) the Riddler. 33 27.97%
Is simply a reporter. 85 72.03%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #301
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick
 
Ceb-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Posts: 2,525
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

I tend to think he will be a classic villlian. I could seeRiddler or Black Mask.
Isn't it fun right now guessing???

__________________
Are You Serious ?
Ceb-Man is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #302
neobido9999
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,180
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

ok, this is a bit of an out-there guess

What if AMH plays Edward Nygma (Nashton - whatever) asnd he is a humble employee of Wayne Enterprises, in the technical department. But - and here's the twist - all the while he is really the riddler and is playing Batman and the Joker (this murderous maniac who's arrived on the scene) off against each other. So he's sitting in wayne tower, pretty much the entire movie, exagggerating and faking the joker's taunts to enrage batman - in order to discover the identity of the latter.

That kind of idea would fit into what he says. hey maybe it's crap, but i thought it connected the pieces, and it seems good to me, though it does blunt the joker a bit.

-he's in the entire movie
-he's a suprise
-he's a villain
-he's a well known charcter (how many well known charatcers left are there that he could play? i'd say, form Joe Public's point of view, Catwoman, penguin, Riddler. And he's perfect for one of those)
-he interacts with Fox and Wayne
-we (think we) know the joker taunts batman during the movie
-with scarecrow -post taser, joker and two face - black mask would be one too many deformed characters

__________________
The Dark Knight

Last edited by neobido9999; 05-22-2007 at 03:59 PM.
neobido9999 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #303
JacksCatGirl
Femme Fatale
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 133
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

I have a bad feeling that maybe since AMH is a wild card for the movie he's a character that he doen't fit into(like the Penguin).

My money's going on the vigiante decoy/wannbe Batman, but then again that would be a little too close to Spiderman 3's plot with Topher Grace as Venom.

But I'm hoping for him being Green Arrow as unlikely as it is.

JacksCatGirl is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #304
raybia
Signing off
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,660
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

I think the surprise should be that he is really an old classmate named Ted Kord of Bruce's when Bruce was a Senior in High School and Ted was a freshmen. Bruce tried to get Ted to fix him up with this little redhead who he had a crush on.

__________________
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله



Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #305
neobido9999
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,180
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Another though, if it's a charcter they can keep secret up to and including the films release, then he mustn't be visually distinctive. but rather identifiable by a symbol (lie a question mark cane/badge/screensaver etc etc)

Think about it, if they said "James Gandolfini is in it but we're not syin who he is because its a surprsise" then you'd guess, the second you saw him on screen with a long nose and umbrella that he's pengiun.

If they cast AMH as black mask, you know the second you see a guy in a black mask that he's playing...well, you get the idea.

But if you see an anonymous Wayne enterprises employee, slowly learning more about bruce's idnetity, then, at the end, see him wearing a question mark emblem, then THTA's a surprise. the audience didn't know riddler had been in the film until now. Very fitting for the character.

__________________
The Dark Knight
neobido9999 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #306
raybia
Signing off
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,660
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Why do a few people even consider a possibility for Green Arrow in this movie? I really don't get it.
They are brainless fools?

__________________
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله



Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #307
Chucktallica101
KILL EVERYTHING!
 
Chucktallica101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Murderapolis
Posts: 400
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Why do a few people even consider a possibility for Green Arrow in this movie? I really don't get it.
A) Green Arrow is a vigilante with a questionable/blurry ethical code (IE: The Punisher)
B) Goyer has talked about introducing other DC Universe characters to film and is penning a Green Arrow flick.
C) TDK would be a perfect movie to intro Green Arrow and then spin off into another movie that focuses on him.
Possible...yes...probable...maybe/maybe not...it would be different and original and proper if it is done perfectly.

__________________
SHADOW OF THE BAT COMING IN 2011!
Chucktallica101 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #308
Nepenthes
Side-Kick
 
Nepenthes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ivy's Lair
Posts: 6,059
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Why do a few people even consider a possibility for Green Arrow in this movie? I really don't get it.
^ lol, yeah wtf. I mentioned it as a quirky suggestion from Goyer to Nolan but c'mon, get serious dreamers. Same goes with Azrael, the hell?


Quote:
Originally Posted by neobido9999 View Post
What if AMH plays Edward Nygma (Nashton - whatever) asnd he is a humble employee of Wayne Enterprises, in the technical department. But - and here's the twist - all the while he is really the riddler and is playing Batman and the Joker (this murderous maniac who's arrived on the scene) off against each other. So he's sitting in wayne tower, pretty much the entire movie, exagggerating and faking the joker's taunts to enrage batman - in order to discover the identity of the latter.

That kind of idea would fit into what he says. hey maybe it's crap, but i thought it connected the pieces, and it seems good to me, though it does blunt the joker a bit.

-he's in the entire movie
-he's a suprise
-he's a villain
-he's a well known charcter (how many well known charatcers left are there that he could play? i'd say, form Joe Public's point of view, Catwoman, penguin, Riddler. And he's perfect for one of those)
-he interacts with Fox and Wayne
-we (think we) know the joker taunts batman during the movie
-with scarecrow -post taser, joker and two face - black mask would be one too many deformed characters
You've laid it well and it seems a perfect fit, but I dunno why it still just doesn't seem right to me. Too good to be true maybe? If it is true damn it WOULD be a HELL of a surprise....

__________________
Batman Comics FAQ
Nepenthes is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #309
Chucktallica101
KILL EVERYTHING!
 
Chucktallica101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Murderapolis
Posts: 400
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
^ lol, yeah wtf. I mentioned it as a quirky suggestion from Goyer but c'mon, get serious dreamers. Same goes with Azrael, the hell?




You've laid it well and it seems a perfect fit, but I dunno why it still just doesn't seem right to me. Too good to be true maybe? If it is true damn it WOULD be a HELL of a surprise....
I would be cool with that too! That's what I like about Nolan and the team of story writers. There are several possible, and very interesting, ways that they could successfully deliver a full and complete story while we're enthralled the whole time.

__________________
SHADOW OF THE BAT COMING IN 2011!
Chucktallica101 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #310
Chucktallica101
KILL EVERYTHING!
 
Chucktallica101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Murderapolis
Posts: 400
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
So this is what I don't get about the Green Arrow thing. A lot of people on here are against having certain characters because it won't work in Nolan's world. (Catwoman, Penguin, etc)
So exactly how would a vigilate who uses archery better than a cat burglar who's infatuated with cats, or a guy who's a bit odd looking who likes birds?
I dunno. I'm for all of it if Nolan can pull it off with no camp.

__________________
SHADOW OF THE BAT COMING IN 2011!
Chucktallica101 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:02 PM   #311
POWERS9153
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

hey there... long time lurker, first time poster....

what if Nolan's pulling the old Switcheroo on us... Im not suggesting that Hall's really playing the Joker but I wouldn't put it past Nolan to mess with us

 
Old 05-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #312
POWERS9153
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

thanks for the welcome...

yeah... I don't think that's it either... in every Nolan movie thus far there's some sort of reveal or twist... wonder if Hall has something to do with it....

 
Old 05-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #313
Two-Face
Harvey Dent
 
Two-Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 47,621
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERS9153 View Post
hey there... long time lurker, first time poster....

what if Nolan's pulling the old Switcheroo on us... Im not suggesting that Hall's really playing the Joker but I wouldn't put it past Nolan to mess with us
I higly doubt that, Ledger is The Joker.

__________________
"Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." - The Dark Knight.

Avatar by Kane.
Two-Face is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #314
Batty Belfry
Just some nut...
 
Batty Belfry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,583
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

The progress on this film is really developing in a strange way that I don't think any of us could ever predict. I sort of wish I was around here for BB filming.

AMH is kind of creepy on The Dead Zone. I don't really watch it but my wife does.

Batty Belfry is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #315
POWERS9153
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Face View Post
I higly doubt that, Ledger is The Joker.
and once again my two-faced friend.. never suggested that... Im just saying that there was a time we all thought Ken Wantenabe was Ras Al Ghul... not very long mind you with the leaked script...

I also don't think that Nolan is going to repeat the same plot twist... I just feel that there's gonna be one...

 
Old 05-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #316
NoName86
Side-Kick
 
NoName86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In a glass case of emotion!
Posts: 1,449
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
I dunno, David Cain sounds pretty likely.
Just read up on him, and I am in agreement with you here. Perhaps he is a member of the league of shadows who after figuring out that Bruce killed RA's will go after Bruce/Batman for vengeance?

__________________



NoName86 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #317
POWERS9153
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName86 View Post
Just read up on him, and I am in agreement with you here. Perhaps he is a member of the league of shadows who after figuring out that Bruce killed RA's will go after Bruce/Batman for vengeance?

I could be wrong but thats a pretty obsure character... Goyers not involved this time around.. I doubt Nolan's ever heard of him

 
Old 05-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #318
Batty Belfry
Just some nut...
 
Batty Belfry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,583
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERS9153 View Post

I also don't think that Nolan is going to repeat the same plot twist... I just feel that there's gonna be one...
And you're probably right. What would a Nolan movie be without a plot twist? Welcome to the Hype btw!

Batty Belfry is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #319
Bopper
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERS9153 View Post
hey there... long time lurker, first time poster....

what if Nolan's pulling the old Switcheroo on us... Im not suggesting that Hall's really playing the Joker but I wouldn't put it past Nolan to mess with us
I actually would like a surprise like that!.. Unlikely, but I'd really like that

 
Old 05-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #320
POWERS9153
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty Belfry View Post
And you're probably right. What would a Nolan movie be without a plot twist? Welcome to the Hype btw!

clearly Michael Caine is really the Joker... clearly

 
Old 05-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #321
Bopper
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

This announcement has got me so pumped for the movie, I've been a fan of Anthony Michael Hall ever since I saw him in Weird Science.

 
Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #322
raybia
Signing off
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,660
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

There seems to be a few opinions about Miranda around here, so I will also add mine.

I don't know the full scoop concerning Miranda not being around but I will say in my 3 + years around here, she is one of more productive members of the hype.

I say productive because she offers enjoyable comments, opinions, and information concerning the Nolan's Batman films. She is a very considerate person and has treated from what I'm seen, other posters with respect and camaraderie.

She is obviously passionate about Batman and the Nolan Batman series and that is one of the reasons why I like her because we have that in common.

And this passion for Batman is what make her a valuable asset to these boards, so I ask all of you to appreciate people like this, because it makes this place a fun environment to hang out in from time to time.


I am saying alot of nice things about her because she has treated me and others in like fashion and I would have this to say regardless of her gender.

My appeal to you Miranda is that there are more of us that value your presense around here than not, so I hope for your quick return so we can begin having fun again discussing and critiquing Nolan's new flick.

Raybia

__________________
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله



Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #323
Capeless Hero
I had a bad day once.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 134
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Im gonna say Dr. Arkham, after all Crane is gone and he was the coordinator wasnt he? And if not him ill say the guy who gave up Dent from The Long Halloween

Capeless Hero is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:38 PM   #324
Two-Face
Harvey Dent
 
Two-Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 47,621
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERS9153 View Post
and once again my two-faced friend.. never suggested that... Im just saying that there was a time we all thought Ken Wantenabe was Ras Al Ghul... not very long mind you with the leaked script...

I also don't think that Nolan is going to repeat the same plot twist... I just feel that there's gonna be one...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Harvey gets scared by The Joker
according to Goyer or
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Talia Al Ghul returns to Gotham take revenge on Batman. and Ra's actually didn't die.
I hate last twist I came up with.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Hall is Edward Nigma not Riddler yet??



Welcome to SHH.

__________________
"Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." - The Dark Knight.

Avatar by Kane.
Two-Face is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #325
POWERS9153
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Face View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Harvey gets scared by The Joker
according to Goyer or
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Talia Al Ghul returns to Gotham take revenge on Batman. and Ra's actually didn't die.
I hate last twist I came up with.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Hall is Edward Nigma not Riddler yet??



Welcome to SHH.
cool ideas all... i actually kind dig the idea of Hall playing Vernan... you figure someone in the District Attorney's office is going to be dirty...

 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.