The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

View Poll Results: AMH (as Mike Engel)...
Is (or will become) the Riddler. 33 27.97%
Is simply a reporter. 85 72.03%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #326
Katsuro
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
So this is what I don't get about the Green Arrow thing. A lot of people on here are against having certain characters because it won't work in Nolan's world. (Catwoman, Penguin, etc)
So exactly how would a vigilate who uses archery better than a cat burglar who's infatuated with cats, or a guy who's a bit odd looking who likes birds?
You're falling into the same logic trap i've seen all too many times on these boards. You see people arguing one point of view, then see other people arguing something conflicting, then assume it's the same people arguing both points.

I think Green Arrow would fit as a cameo in this movie. I ALSO think Penguin and Catwoman would fit. Similarly, I bet many of the people who think Penguin and Catwoman wouldn't fit would find the idea of Green Arrow just as ludicrous. If you find a single person who wants Green Arrow but not Catwoman, then you can tell them they're being contradictory. But it's a bit silly to tell a large group of people that they're contradicting each other, as that usually happens in large groups of people.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #327
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERS9153 View Post
cool ideas all... i actually kind dig the idea of Hall playing Vernan... you figure someone in the District Attorney's office is going to be dirty...
Could be, I never thought Hall as Vernan. Tho it says "Batman wannabe" Nigma hates Bruce Wayne not Batman so I guess Nigma role is out.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #328
NoName86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERS9153 View Post
I could be wrong but thats a pretty obsure character... Goyers not involved this time around.. I doubt Nolan's ever heard of him
Yes he is.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #329
GeoffTheArtist
BAMF.

Call me what you will, and it probably won't happen but I believe that Hall will be cast as........Jason Bard. Sharpen your pitchforks and gather your torches...PM me for my address. Haven't had a good angry mob come to my house in a while.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #330
Chucktallica101
KILL EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffTheArtist View Post
Call me what you will, and it probably won't happen but I believe that Hall will be cast as........Jason Bard. Sharpen your pitchforks and gather your torches...PM me for my address. Haven't had a good angry mob come to my house in a while.
That's why my house is protected by the second amendment. MMMmmmMMM..can almost smell the gun powder now...

Old 05-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #331
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
Just wondering is Edward Nigma even in TLH.
Yes, but not really as a villain. "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory" seem to reinvent The Riddler as a sleazy informant who Batman occasionally puts the scares into when he wants to find out about what's going on in the underworld. Of course, Nygma tells him the answers in riddles...

While it may not be likely, I'd like to see Anthony Michael Hall playing Edward Nygma. He looks the part, and despite the somewhat corny elements of the character, I've always liked The Riddler.

If he IS Nygma, I feel it'll be a small role. Perhaps he's Maroni's lackey, or has a role similar to the one I described above. And perhaps that's one of the factors supporting him being The Riddler. A character like Sionis may require more screen-time to be seen as a prominent threat.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #332
Hartter
Droog

He's playing Batmite

Old 05-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #333
Phenomenal_1

Didn't Goyer or Nolan state that Bruce was going to find both his personas under attack in this movie?

Well, Joker would be the attacker for Batman

Wouldn't Nygma fit to be the attacker for Bruce?

Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #334
POWERS9153

hey in the Long Halloween Dent goes after Bruce for supposed ties to the mob... maybe the same thing happens in the movie

Old 05-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #335
Katsuro
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal_1 View Post
Didn't Goyer or Nolan state that Bruce was going to find both his personas under attack in this movie?

Well, Joker would be the attacker for Batman

Wouldn't Nygma fit to be the attacker for Bruce?
Sionis would fit that even better. Rival businessman, old friend of Bruce Wayne, etc.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #336
Banner
Side-Kick

I think if Green Arrow was going to be in The Dark Knight, with a view to spinning him off into Supermax, or whatever Goyer wanted to put him in, they would get someone who could headline and carry a movie on his own. I'd say that Hall doesn't have that appeal.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #337
HandsomePETE

you guys are pretty funny...... having suggested that AMH just might be an actual "real" Joker was way too far fetched for all of you, but Man-Bat, Clayface, and Killer Croc seemed to make more sense.... nice. although i'd love to see any one of those villains realized on screen, let's be honest here, this is Nolan we're talking here and i could never in my wildest dreams ever imagine him tackling any of the Dark Knight's more romantic storylines.... unfortunately.

Earle Jr.? Another lame ass mob-boss?? Azrael??...... you all think that's worth $200 mill?? ........ sure.

Azrael? somehow i couldn't imagine anyone but the uberdorks orgasiming over that surprise... while the rest of the world would sit there wondering just "who the hell is that?"

i could see Nygma, but i'm still going with my hunch about AMH being "a real Joker"..... somehow i can't imagine Nolan choosing to upstage the JOKER with a hidden secret twist with the Riddler. as far as Batman villains go everyone knows who the more popular villain is, as far as those two are concerned.

but then again, whatever...... if anyone has something pissy to say, i got a great place in mind where you can stick it.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #338
Chucktallica101
KILL EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banner View Post
I think if Green Arrow was going to be in The Dark Knight, with a view to spinning him off into Supermax, or whatever Goyer wanted to put him in, they would get someone who could headline and carry a movie on his own. I'd say that Hall doesn't have that appeal.
I disagree. I think that Hall would be a very good choice and I believe that he could headline a movie such as Green Arrow.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #339
Katsuro
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsomePETE View Post
you guys are pretty funny...... having suggested that AMH just might be an actual "real" Joker was way too far fetched for all of you, but Man-Bat, Clayface, and Killer Croc seemed to make more sense.... nice.
Yes, i'd say any one of those villains is more likely than Nolan pulling the EXACT same twist two movies in a row. Maybe then we'll find out Batman actually has a twin brother and they've been switching places their whole life. Then Harvey Dent looses the ability to make short term memories and goes on a quest to find the guy who killed his wife. Then Al Pacino and Robin Williams can show up and do whatever the hell Insomnia was about, I dont really remember.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:37 PM   #340
DangerousInc.
Founder Of The Filmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartter View Post
He's playing Batmite
lol Mini Bat!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:42 PM   #341
Capeless Hero
I had a bad day once.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...let me get this straight....some of you all believe that Hall is the actual Joker, ala Ras - Wantanabe= Ras fake but Ducard-Neison= Real Ras. Why do you all think this?

Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 PM   #342
Downhere
Jeremiah 33:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
This announcement has got me so pumped for the movie, I've been a fan of Anthony Michael Hall ever since I saw him in Weird Science.
AMH is a great actor and I've been a fan since Weird Science as well. I think he would have also been a great Harvey Dent.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #343
POWERS9153

double post

Last edited by POWERS9153; 05-22-2007 at 08:50 PM. Reason: double post

Old 05-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #344
POWERS9153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeless Hero View Post
Whoa Whoa Whoa...let me get this straight....some of you all believe that Hall is the actual Joker, ala Ras - Wantanabe= Ras fake but Ducard-Neison= Real Ras. Why do you all think this?

Yeah... thats my fault... I was musing about with the secrecy around Hall's Character... I used the whole Ducard/Ras thing as an example... I have every reason to believe that Ledger is the Joker (and a good choice)... I just think that Nolan's gonna throw us some sort of curve ball... the question is what its gonna be...

Old 05-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #345
Robin91939
Master Tim

I think that Anthony Michael Hall would be a great:

1.) Roman Sionis (Black Mask)-
2.) David Cain the Assassin-
3.) Oliver Queen-

The most likely candidates are Roman and Oliver (No Green Arrow). Both would share scenes with Bruce and with Mr. Fox. They would both be executives.

Yet, the fact that the he is presumably playing a villain, I'd lean towards Black Mask. Pre-Black Mask he'd have scenes with Bale and Freeman, then he'd be a villain.

Looks-wise, he is a very good David Caine.

-R

Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #346
Capeless Hero
I had a bad day once.

Oh of coarse theres a curve, its Nolans specialty(prestige and BB) Im thinking Halls gonna have something to do with the Joker...maybe assist him with the laugh gas as he works at Wayne Enterprises. Prob. how Bruce finds a cure or something...I dont think hes a "real villian" a Nolan fabrication

Old 05-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #347
POWERS9153

yeah... all this talk of black mask, green arrow, david cain, riddler et all... Im sure whatever role this is its a small one... with Batman, Gordon, Rachel Dawes, Harvey Dent, the Joker, Alfred, and Lucius Fox... if any other DCU characters show up its going to be a cameo like Zasz... all those character's in one movie ... isht dont think so..

Old 05-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #348
lowepunk
Side-Kick

I think the fact that he said "$200 million secret" is a hint that its Oliver Queen. Because didnt Ollie sell his company in JLU for $200 million.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #349
thelaughingfish

Newbie poster, long-time lurker.

No offense to anyone, but I don't think there's really any possibility that AMH is playing Oliver Queen (pre or post Green Arrow). It just doesn't make sense business-wise. With Queen set to be the main character in Supermax, AMH would have to commit to that movie as well and that just opens up a whole can full of worms. First off, it's highly unlikely that WB would have AMH (a fortysomething actor who hasn't been in a major Hollywood picture for years and years) star in an already dangerously high-concept (and most likely big budget) super hero movie. Secondly, how would AMH know if his schedule would be free during the time Supermax is set to shoot? And thirdly, having a character jump from one director to the another would most likely result in jarring tonal shifts.

Jett has had a lot of good information lately (mostly coming from this board!), but I wonder if he's misleading us with this "villain" bit. I could very well be wrong, but it seems to me that AMH would be best suited to play the "wannabe Batman" vigilante character (as seen in the sides). Since he's sharing scenes with Morgan Freeman, perhaps his character is the man who has taken over Lucius Fox's old position down in the annals of Wayne Tower. That would give him access to the Batman body armor, among other things. And justify Batman changing his suit to something with a bit less recognizable by brand name. Maybe AMH's wife or family is killed by the Joker, he takes it upon himself to get revenge and ends up getting snuffed himself. That would be quite a dark little subplot and certainly add to the Joker's heinousness. Just an idea.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #350
bosef982
Side-Kick

Why doe e veryone thing Green Arrow? I mean, did Green Arrow make his debut in Batman or is this just another case of bandwagon syndrome on the SHH! boards?

Two Films, One Review, No Holds Barred.
Comic books, fantasy, drama, romantic comedy -- all are put to task!

Closed Thread