The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

View Poll Results: AMH (as Mike Engel)...
Is (or will become) the Riddler. 33 27.97%
Is simply a reporter. 85 72.03%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #351
McGarnagle
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Isn't David Goyer doing the film Supermax with Green Arrow as the lead character? If they're planning on possibly giving Green Arrow his own franchise, perhaps having the character play a major role in a Batman film may not be a likely occurrence.

But anything's possible.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #352
X-Rated
Side-Kick

AMH is no one. He will probably be just another science geek.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #353
sohojozo
Side-Kick

OK, Im fairly convinced that AMH is Sionis. His hatred of Bruce Wayne would be a wonderful parallel to Joker's hatred of Batman, and would match the theme of escalation. Plus, it would create one of those wonderful "how is Batman supposed to save Bruce Wayne?" situations.

Perhaps the secret twist might end up being that Black Mask literally scars Harvey? Didn't Goyer say that Joker scars Harvey into Two-Face? Maybe he meant that in a figurative way, like Dr. Rudolph unveiled the inner-Harv in Eye of the Beholder, i think it was called.

I don't think that Sionis would detract film time. we don't have a creation story to sort out, so it will seem much longer because of more Batman screentime. Plus, i don't think that Maroni is going to be a positively huge role, but who knows.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:01 AM   #354
HarlequinOfHate
Why aren't you laughing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohojozo View Post
OK, Im fairly convinced that AMH is Sionis. His hatred of Bruce Wayne would be a wonderful parallel to Joker's hatred of Batman, and would match the theme of escalation. Plus, it would create one of those wonderful "how is Batman supposed to save Bruce Wayne?" situations.

Perhaps the secret twist might end up being that Black Mask literally scars Harvey? Didn't Goyer say that Joker scars Harvey into Two-Face? Maybe he meant that in a figurative way, like Dr. Rudolph unveiled the inner-Harv in Eye of the Beholder, i think it was called.

I don't think that Sionis would detract film time. we don't have a creation story to sort out, so it will seem much longer because of more Batman screentime. Plus, i don't think that Maroni is going to be a positively huge role, but who knows.
The only problem with that theory is that with Maroni in the film, it'd seem silly for someone else to do Dent's scarring.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:18 AM   #355
Dark52Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeless Hero View Post
Im gonna say Dr. Arkham, after all Crane is gone and he was the coordinator wasnt he? And if not him ill say the guy who gave up Dent from The Long Halloween

Thats not a bad idea at all. Theres a good chance that he could be Arkham.....And that would be a nice addition to see in this Batflick series

Old 05-23-2007, 12:28 AM   #356
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosef982 View Post
Why doe e veryone thing Green Arrow? I mean, did Green Arrow make his debut in Batman or is this just another case of bandwagon syndrome on the SHH! boards?
I think the fact that this whole thing's being played up as a huge surprise, people are thinking it'll be someone we all know. And in terms of appearance, there are few characters that really scream "Anthony Michael Hall!" Add to that the talk of a "Batman wannabe" and it seems reasonable that Hall could be playing a hero, not a villain. Plus, you've got this talk of Supermax on the horizon and it might be possible to intro the character in TDK.

So when you do the math, you've got...Big surprise + Hall's appearance + Other vigilante(s) + Supermax = Ollie?

Personally, I think it's a bit of wishful thinking (which I'm guilty of), but given what he know, it's a reasonable guess.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:36 AM   #357
Chucktallica101
KILL EVERYTHING!

AMH WILL BE THE GREEN ARROW! I trust me gut...now it's time for some Pills and Vodka...

Old 05-23-2007, 12:41 AM   #358
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

This whole Green Arrow thing is getting out of hand.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:10 AM   #359
Nepenthes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banner View Post
I think if Green Arrow was going to be in The Dark Knight, with a view to spinning him off into Supermax, or whatever Goyer wanted to put him in, they would get someone who could headline and carry a movie on his own. I'd say that Hall doesn't have that appeal.
Exactly. That's just ONE good reason why he won't be Green Arrow. seriously, you gnats, STFU about Green Arrow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal_1 View Post
Didn't Goyer or Nolan state that Bruce was going to find both his personas under attack in this movie?

Well, Joker would be the attacker for Batman

Wouldn't Nygma fit to be the attacker for Bruce?

Yeah I remember that as well. Makes sense. Although there was another rumour that Joker would attack Wayne Corp with Bruce having to defend his coworkers, so it could be that as well.

As I said before everything adds up to this being Nigma, but still something just doesn't seem right about it. Too goo to be true maybe.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 AM   #360
DangerousInc.
Founder Of The Filmix

Black Mask is a businessman who's working with the mob who killed his own parents and had been a criminal long before the mask was burned to his face. This is who Hall will be playing.

Last edited by DangerousInc.; 05-23-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:17 AM   #361
Katsuro
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousInc. View Post

Black Mask is a businessman who's working with the mob who killed his own parents and had been a criminal long before the mask was burned to his face. This is who Hall will be playing.
You realize that's a picture of David Cain, right?

Old 05-23-2007, 04:35 AM   #362
TheBatman072
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsomePETE View Post
you guys are pretty funny...... having suggested that AMH just might be an actual "real" Joker was way too far fetched for all of you, but Man-Bat, Clayface, and Killer Croc seemed to make more sense.... nice. although i'd love to see any one of those villains realized on screen, let's be honest here, this is Nolan we're talking here and i could never in my wildest dreams ever imagine him tackling any of the Dark Knight's more romantic storylines.... unfortunately.
Earle Jr.? Another lame ass mob-boss?? Azrael??...... you all think that's worth $200 mill?? ........ sure.

Azrael? somehow i couldn't imagine anyone but the uberdorks orgasiming over that surprise... while the rest of the world would sit there wondering just "who the hell is that?"

i could see Nygma, but i'm still going with my hunch about AMH being "a real Joker"..... somehow i can't imagine Nolan choosing to upstage the JOKER with a hidden secret twist with the Riddler. as far as Batman villains go everyone knows who the more popular villain is, as far as those two are concerned.

but then again, whatever...... if anyone has something pissy to say, i got a great place in mind where you can stick it.

Yeah, Nolan's going to reuse the same kind of twist from the first movie in this one.

He has no originality at all.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:51 AM   #363
Antonello Blueberry
Inglorious bastard

I hope this thread will survive the next year or so of SHH! board crashing to testify how stupid the people here can be.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 AM   #364
itsthebatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuro View Post
Yes, i'd say any one of those villains is more likely than Nolan pulling the EXACT same twist two movies in a row. Maybe then we'll find out Batman actually has a twin brother and they've been switching places their whole life. Then Harvey Dent looses the ability to make short term memories and goes on a quest to find the guy who killed his wife. Then Al Pacino and Robin Williams can show up and do whatever the hell Insomnia was about, I dont really remember.
Best. Post. Ever.

Batman-News.com
Old 05-23-2007, 05:23 AM   #365
DangerousInc.
Founder Of The Filmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuro View Post
You realize that's a picture of David Cain, right?
I was quoting someone above. Left the image is all

Old 05-23-2007, 05:35 AM   #366
Batman FREAK
The bestest

Here's the role I see him best fit for...

Old 05-23-2007, 05:48 AM   #367
itsthebatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Deacon View Post
I am offially covinced he is Oliver Queen. It would make sense. Queen is someone that could be visiting Wayne Tec and is an old friend of Bruce. Queen is also older then Bruce by a few years so Hall is the right age.

It is a great way to intro him ito his own movie (Supermax) and get both Batman and Green Arrow ready for JLA.

How is this for an ending? The Joker has batman on the ropes and it looks like the end for Batman. But just before Joker can cut a smile into batman's face, his knife goes flying out of his hand. And there in his hand is an green arrow.
Hate that ending. How ineffective does that make Bats look?

Batman-News.com
Old 05-23-2007, 06:10 AM   #368
itsthebatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Deacon View Post
It pay tribute to the Brave and the Bold days wear Bats and Arrow were a team. Besides Batman has been saved before by many other heroes.
But not in his own movies. I don't recall Daredevil coming in to Save Spidey in any of those, or Plastic Man showing up to get Superman out of another fine kryptonoite mess he's gottne himself into. IMO, this movie is about BATMAN, not his mates. Save Green Arrow for the JLA movie.

Batman-News.com
Old 05-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #369
Batman FREAK
The bestest

Yeah could we please get off the impossible idea that it is Green Arrow....

Old 05-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #370
Ned Ryerson
Side-Kick

I hope he's not The Riddler, a character that's never appealed to me. I'd much rather Hall plays Bobo The Detective Chimp than The Riddler.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:25 AM   #371
Elisha Cuthbert
old school stalker

Maybe he's one of the vigilantes pretending to be batman, and then when Joker faces off in the ending we found out it isn't really Batman, just Anthony Michael Hall pretending to be him. It's a stupid idea but its better than some of the stuff you guys came up with.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #372
Batman FREAK
The bestest

Yeah maybe he just plays himself........

Old 05-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #373
Nepenthes
Side-Kick

Batman: Oh no! The Senator's been shot!
GA: What? Who am I shooting at? And WTF am I doing in your goddamn movie?!!!1!!

Old 05-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #374
Ned Ryerson
Side-Kick

If Hall's hyperbole is correct, then the revelation of his character's identity has to be huge with regards to not just pimply faced fanboys, but also general movie audiences, who can't tell Oliver Queen from Dairy Queen, and can't even count the names of Batman villains they know on the fingers of one hand.

Now he is not The Joker, he is not Two-Face, and he is not Catwoman (alas). He can't just look at the camera near the end of the film and say, "Gee, I am Killer Croc" because nobody would give a toss, so his character needs to be linked to the events of The Dark Knight for it to have some sort of resonance. Exactly what that is I don't know.

Last edited by Ned Ryerson; 05-23-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:31 AM   #375
Antonello Blueberry
Inglorious bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ryerson View Post
I hope he's not The Riddler, a character that's never appealed to me. I'd much rather Hall plays Bobo The Detective Chimp than The Riddler.
I'm officially convinced he is Detective Chimp, the most reasonable thing I've read in this thread.