The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

View Poll Results: AMH (as Mike Engel)...
Is (or will become) the Riddler. 33 27.97%
Is simply a reporter. 85 72.03%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #3726
Gotham
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

He probably slipped it under all of our noses. Summa...

Old 08-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #3727
sasquatchs
Side-Kick

His character drives part of the plot, therefore he doesn't want to ruin the $200 million film. The quote doesn't make him a well-known character.

He's a reporter that doesn't seem to go to any media events, hmmm

Old 08-21-2007, 07:02 PM   #3728
Gotham
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatchs View Post
His character drives part of the plot, therefore he doesn't want to ruin the $200 million film. The quote doesn't make him a well-known character

Yeah. Someone had reported to BOF with that quote, then it became a world-wide rule that the character was definetely well-known and couldn't be anything else. Selfish I say..

Old 08-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #3729
Jacobhiggins
Side-Kick

Come on people your really grasping at straws, the 200 million dollar surprise doesn't jive with his character that he is playing. Saying that it could mean it's because Bruce Wayne is worth a lot of money I think is ridiculous. Unless he was having fun with it but really I think that's grasping at straws.

If he's just a meaningless reporter then this secrecy was not neccessaryy, he's somebody else!

Old 08-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #3730
Gotham
Side-Kick

Default Re: The AMH thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
not really. if anything, he was hyping the movie, not his part, and saying he was excited to be working with the rest of the cast.
They're hyping the role, film, and cast. Probably all end up face-palming when we see Anthony Michael Hall on the screen and how his character is playing into the story.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #3731
sasquatchs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobhiggins View Post
Come on people your really grasping at straws, the 200 million dollar surprise doesn't jive with his character that he is playing. Saying that it could mean it's because Bruce Wayne is worth a lot of money I think is ridiculous. Unless he was having fun with it but really I think that's grasping at straws.

If he's just a meaningless reporter then this secrecy was not neccessaryy, he's somebody else!
Yea, cos only huge comic characters can be important in plots

Old 08-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #3732
Gotham
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobhiggins View Post

We don't know anything about his character, this report still isn't confirmed from Hollywood Chicago. Hall can play the reporter and still have a role that'll effect the entire plot. He doesn't have to play Nygma or Field.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #3733
Antonello Blueberry
Inglorious bastard

So in the end you were right, he's playing the Riddler.
The Riddler from Batman Forever with the same obsession for Bruce Wayne.
So what's next? Nipples on the suit? A Two Face with the scarred half in fluorescent pink?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #3734
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
So in the end you were right, he's playing the Riddler.
The Riddler from Batman Forever with the same obsession for Bruce Wayne.
So what's next? Nipples on the suit? A Two Face with the scarred half in fluorescent pink?
Hall is NOT THE RIDDLER.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #3735
DV8
Band Loser

Quote:
the only people who have hyped it up are the fans and the parasitic scooper websites.
that's true, but his whole '$200million surprise" comment started all that . . . he didnt' really have to say that; but it was smart for him publicly . . .

avvy compliments of Duende Verde
Old 08-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #3736
Bond
Banned User

So have we found out who AMH is playing yet?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #3737
Doc Holliday
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bond View Post
So have we found out who AMH is playing yet?
If the HollywoodChicago report gets confirmed, then it's pretty much certain he's Reese.

But no, we haven't yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Fact: The Avengers appeals to a more Shawarma type of audience, while TDKR appeals to the more falafel type.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #3738
Bond
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyaggie457 View Post
If the HollywoodChicago report gets confirmed, then it's pretty much certain he's Reese.

But no, we haven't yet.
Could you send me a link to this report?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #3739
Doc Holliday
I'm your huckleberry

From HollywoodChicago.com:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/2007/08/scoop-anthony-michael-hall-in-dark.html

coop: Anthony Michael Hall in ‘The Dark Knight’ Revealed

I received a series of e-mails late Monday night hinting at unreleased, highly specific plot information about “The Dark Knight”. My source requested a phone interview to reveal this information.

As this source did not sign a confidentiality agreement, this information comes definitively from working hours on the set on Sunday, Aug. 19. This information exposes the widely debated role of Anthony Michael Hall and his involvement with Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Hall’s character plays an investigative reporter for the GCN, which was photographed on Aug. 19. The scene shot that day, which is about three-fourths of the way into the film, goes like so.

Hall’s character is intensely jealous of Bruce Wayne. He even has an exactly matching Lamborghini Murcielago.

The character learns of Bruce Wayne’s true identity as Batman and plans to use the GCN to blow the whistle on him. My source describes Hall’s character not as a villain but as an antagonist.

Of course, the Joker is the true villain. Out of fear that the Joker will lose the object of his game-playing affection, he sets out to stop Hall’s character by calling in a bomb threat to the TV station.
The bomb threat causes widespread havoc. The move is designed to steal the attention off the character so he can’t issue the Batman-revealing report.

The source also submitted some pictures of a Lamborghini on set. This source spent time speaking with Anthony Michael Hall and in a PA meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Fact: The Avengers appeals to a more Shawarma type of audience, while TDKR appeals to the more falafel type.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:36 PM   #3740
Bond
Banned User

Thanks

Sounds coo

Old 08-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #3741
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyaggie457 View Post
From HollywoodChicago.com:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/2007/08/scoop-anthony-michael-hall-in-dark.html

coop: Anthony Michael Hall in ‘The Dark Knight’ Revealed

I received a series of e-mails late Monday night hinting at unreleased, highly specific plot information about “The Dark Knight”. My source requested a phone interview to reveal this information.

As this source did not sign a confidentiality agreement, this information comes definitively from working hours on the set on Sunday, Aug. 19. This information exposes the widely debated role of Anthony Michael Hall and his involvement with Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Hall’s character plays an investigative reporter for the GCN, which was photographed on Aug. 19. The scene shot that day, which is about three-fourths of the way into the film, goes like so.

Hall’s character is intensely jealous of Bruce Wayne. He even has an exactly matching Lamborghini Murcielago.

The character learns of Bruce Wayne’s true identity as Batman and plans to use the GCN to blow the whistle on him. My source describes Hall’s character not as a villain but as an antagonist.

Of course, the Joker is the true villain. Out of fear that the Joker will lose the object of his game-playing affection, he sets out to stop Hall’s character by calling in a bomb threat to the TV station.
The bomb threat causes widespread havoc. The move is designed to steal the attention off the character so he can’t issue the Batman-revealing report.

The source also submitted some pictures of a Lamborghini on set. This source spent time speaking with Anthony Michael Hall and in a PA meeting.

Sounds like a cool little role for AMH.

Especially if the reporter's name is Edward Nigma.

Where did we get the name Reese from, BTW? Was it in the slides? If so, it could be a codename, like Randolph...

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #3742
Agentsands77
Side-Kick

Hmm. Interesting. Especially the bit about the Joker causing chaos to keep Batman's secret from getting out. Sure, that's straight out of STRANGE APPARITIONS, and a lovely touch, but in THE DARK KNIGHT it seems like Joker's looking for Batman's identity.

Joker hunts down Dent after finding out he's Batman, reportedly finds out Batman's identity from Rachel (only to be "disproven" later, and then to be very unhappy with Rachel over that revelation), and in that one side seems to ask one of the Brian whether he's the real Batman or not. Perhaps the article gets it mostly right, but then the Joker steals AMH to find out if he knows Batman's identity or not... and is disappointed with the answer.

Last edited by Agentsands77; 08-21-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:45 PM   #3743
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentsands77 View Post
That doesn't all wash... especially the bit about the Joker killing him to keep Batman's secret from getting out. Sure, that's straight out of STRANGE APPARITIONS, and a lovely touch, but in THE DARK KNIGHT it seems like Joker's looking for Batman's identity.

Joker hunts down Dent after finding out he's Batman, reportedly finds out Batman's identity from Rachel (only to be disproven later), and in that one side seems to ask one of the Brian whether he's the real Batman or not. Perhaps the article gets it mostly right, but then the Joker steals AMH to find out if he knows Batman's identity or not... and is disappointed with the answer.
It doesn't say The Joker kills him. It says that he calls in a bomb threat into the station, to stop Reese from hogging his limelight. He doesn't want to be "topped" by a lowly reporter, which is classic Joker.

Also, having checked some older posts, Reese is definitely Reese, not a casting-side name. So it seems like we'll be getting no Ed Nigma in this film after all. Back to my "HUGH LAURIE DAMNIT!" posts in the Riddler threads on the Sequel boards then!

As for AMH, the role still sounds like a good one. Like Earle's role in "Begins".

Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #3744
Jacobhiggins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
It doesn't say The Joker kills him. It says that he calls in a bomb threat into the station, to stop Reese from hogging his limelight. He doesn't want to be "topped" by a lowly reporter, which is classic Joker.

Also, having checked some older posts, Reese is definitely Reese, not a casting-side name. So it seems like we'll be getting no Ed Nigma in this film after all. Back to my "HUGH LAURIE DAMNIT!" posts in the Riddler threads on the Sequel boards then!

As for AMH, the role still sounds like a good one. Like Earle's role in "Begins".
Well we still don't know if that's his role or not, it has not been confirmed!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:47 PM   #3745
Agentsands77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Where did we get the name Reese from, BTW? Was it in the slides? If so, it could be a codename, like Randolph...
Nah it ain't. It comes from the sides.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #3746
Agentsands77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Gotcha. In that case, that makes sense, and is very Jokerish in that petty sort of way.

Quote:
Yup.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #3747
DV8
Band Loser

Quote:
what started it was people who lack reading comprehension and basic grammar skills.
not really though . . . I will give you that yeah a lot of ass-heads made it out to seem like a lot more than it was, but he specifically stated that he didn't want to ruin a "$200million surprise" . . . that's very suggestive that his role is bigger than what it seems it really is . . .

avvy compliments of Duende Verde
Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #3748
typeorocks
Side-Kick

sounds like it could be true...but why keep his character so hush hush. He could say "i'm playing a reporter"

Old 08-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #3749
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
he specifically stated that he signed a confidentiality agreement and couldn't divulge his role since it affects the story and it (the story) is the $200 million surprise (referring to a ballpark budget). he didn't want to be the guy who gives the story away. that's not hyping up his part; that's laying it straight.
Besides, being "the guy who discovers Bruce Wayne is Batman" is a pretty big surprise.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #3750
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Of course, if Reese knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, he has to die.

I'm thinking it'd be cool if The Joker kidnaps him. And Reese is pleading for his life, saying "I know who Batman is!" And The Joker's all like "I don't care", and just shoots him.

Closed Thread