The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

View Poll Results: AMH (as Mike Engel)...
Is (or will become) the Riddler. 33 27.97%
Is simply a reporter. 85 72.03%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #1251
Rezzo
The Fire Rises

Default Re: Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 Miles View Post
Hi,

Don't know whether anyone has posted this idea yet (a cursory scan through the thread suggests not, but if so, I apologise)

AMH as a 'Bat-wannabe' - a good guy who is also a bad guy:

DEADSHOT
He initially appeared in Gotham City as a new crimefighter, but was revealed to be an enemy of Batman when he attempted to replace the Dark Knight. When this plan failed, he attempted to become king of Gotham's Underworld. Batman and Commissioner Gordon publicly exposed his plot, and he went to jail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot_%28comics%29

or even:

THE CAVALIER
Who was given a similar backstory when he was reinvented in Legends of the Dark Knight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalier_%28comics%29

Yet I suppose with everything else going in this film (Joker origin, setting up Dent's downfall) there probably wouldn't be enough screentime.

But as a cameo in the same vein of Mr Zsasz... Deadshot or The Cavalier would rock! And would tie in nicely with the 'escalation' theme. Not just the criminals being inspired by Batman to take on elaborate disguises / motifs, but would-be vigilantes too.
Doesn´t sound like it would make sense since AMH said he would have several scenes with Morgan Freeman

Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #1252
1000 Miles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer00 View Post
Doesn´t sound like it would make sense since AMH said he would have several scenes with Morgan Freeman
Hmmm... didn't know that. But both Floyd Lawton (Deadshot) and Mortimer Drake (The Cavalier), were originally conceived as Bruce Wayne style socialites (the latter being retconned into an actor), so it's not inconceivable they could move in the same circles as Lucius Fox?

Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #1253
Nepenthes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 Miles View Post
THE CAVALIER.
man you are fcked in the head. lol.

Deadshot could be a good idea idea though. TDK could very easily need an assassin and so why not drop in an established character?, it happened with Zsasz. A while ago some guy was trying to pretend he had inside info, he suggested AMH was David Caine. same idea but Deahshot's better.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #1254
1000 Miles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
man you are fcked in the head. lol.

Deadshot could be a good idea idea though. TDK could very easily need an assassin and so why not drop in an established character?, it happened with Zsasz. A while ago some guy was trying to pretend he had inside info, he suggested AMH was David Caine. same idea but Deahshot's better.
Cheers! Well, if either suggestion actually pans out to be true, you know where you heard it first.

Suppose I better get on with this essay I've been putting off for days...

Old 06-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #1255
Majick Ninja
Wizard of the Hood

Maybe Anthony Michael Hall is a brilliant scientist who works for Wayne Enterprises and Bruce contracts him to build a really hot android chick for him to put to use in promoting his "playboy" image?

Faygo remembers, Faygo remembers...
Old 06-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #1256
Killing Joke926
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by breyfogle_rules View Post
Just got back from Riddler's wiki.

Man, this character is very rich. Lots of heady stuff to mine for Nolan's world.
I picture some effete MIT student-type into drugs and some sort of eccentric club scene who's into green clothes and wears purple eye shadow...sort of like Macauly Culkin in Party Monster.
But he's obsessive compulsive, has extreme issues with inadequecy and uses his cypher oriented, game theory, chaos majik genius to compose elaborate hoaxes that cause catastrophic damage. He cannot help but showboat his genius by goading the authorities with clues.
And this is where we will finally see Bruces detective skills.
Not what I think will happen. Just a fantasy scenario I like to toy with.
Replace the faggy Party Moster style with a green tux, a cane, John Lennon shades and derby and you pretty much have described Hugh Laurie from House (who should be the Riddler I might add.) AMH for Vernon Field or Alberto Falcone (personally I'd first choose Adrien Brody but if he were to dye his hair black and loose about 20 or 30 lbs. he might just pull it off).

Or better yet Thomas Elliot; Hush.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #1257
Majick Ninja
Wizard of the Hood

I heard a rumor that what really happens in TDK is that The Joker holds Bruce Wayne the jock, Rachel Dawes the babe, Harvey Dent the unstable loner, Vernon Field the nerd and Jonathan Crane the quiet & weird girly-looking guy hostage on a ferry for an ENTIRE Saturday.

**SPOILER ALERT**

They learn a lot about themselves and each other. Harvey Dent wins over the at first resistant Rachel Dawes, Vernon Field reveals to the others it isn't easy being a nerdy stoolie & that Boss Maroni is very tough on him and Bruce Wayne & Jonathan Crane make a very disturbing connection.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #1258
Majick Ninja
Wizard of the Hood

Oh yeah, and hilarity ensues when The Joker accident gets a piece of toilet paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:17 PM   #1259
breyfogle_rules
Hell-bent for Leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Joke926 View Post
Replace the faggy Party Moster style with a green tux, a cane, John Lennon shades and derby and you pretty much have described Hugh Laurie from House (who should be the Riddler I might add.) AMH for Vernon Field or Alberto Falcone (personally I'd first choose Adrien Brody but if he were to dye his hair black and loose about 20 or 30 lbs. he might just pull it off).

Or better yet Thomas Elliot; Hush.
Yeah. The "faggy" style was to explain his flair in real world terms. To show him as an androgenous, urban fetish freak... which is what he would be in real life, I mean look at this dude. All into that masquerade style. Hanging out with fishnet chicks. Criminal behaviour...it's all seedy industrial club crap. It would give him that frightening "Silence of the Lambs" femininity.

And I live next to MIT. So many of these self important geeks are into that latex and dark techno stuff and have no idea how uncool they look. Would make a perfect villain. Some mixed up egotistical punk you could really despise.

Hugh Laurie is too old I think. And his character is a medical nerd, not a puzzler into trap-door cypher and paradox. Plus, the green tux and derby is too "look at me I am a super criminal for super criminals sake".
Riddler is essentially a puzzle obsessed thief and murderer with a flair for colorful fetish clothes. Minus the murderer\thief part, I know many people like that, and they all fit the description I just laid out.

Not that it matters. AMH is clearly not the Riddler in this. And I wouldnt have cast him even if he was. I'd have cast Adrrien Brody as you suggested. Totally.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #1260
The Only Woj
Side-Kick

I bet AMH isn't in the film. They're just having him onset to confuse us. Then the movie will open and we'll wait and wait for some big reveal with him, and it'll never happen.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #1261
wikum
Side-Kick

Well when you consider that William Fitchner is in the film for one scene, why can't it be the same for good ol' AMH?

Old 06-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #1262
The Only Woj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuro View Post
I think this supposed spoiler is just some guy making crap up. Everything there is pretty much from the sides. Of course, he made one fatal error. There are at least TWO Batman wannabes mentioned in the sides. There's the BRIAN side, and the VIGILANTE side, and the VIGILANTE makes reference to not being the only Batman wannabe. Something like "you need OUR help".
not to mention there were two actors in 'faux' Batman suits at the garage set. likely two different characters, since there were apparent differences in their suits.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #1263
kooguy911
Side-Kick

My theory is hes the one who scars dent in the courtroom. Hes a thug who worked for the joker and after the joker's reign is stopped at the end this thug gets revenge on dent by throwing a chemical or something onto dent's face, and he won't become two-face until batman 3. As for the guy who threw the chemical, Anthony Michael Hall, Two-Face will kill him in Batman 3, getting his revenge and starting his long campain into evil.

Thas my theory.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #1264
Night Walker SL
Side-Kick

I don't know why but with this casting of AMH and Nolan's vision, I have a feeling he is going to play Jean Paul Valley.

with this talk of a vigilante running around it seems like the most likely thing. Ive seen him acting in the Dead Zone and he seems more ready for the Azrael route.

perhaps they will link the Order of St. Dumas and the League of Shadows in some way? I personally like the idea of the Avenging Angel doing some dirty work in Gotham while the joker runs amok.

Last edited by Night Walker SL; 07-05-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #1265
TheBatman072
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikum View Post
Well when you consider that William Fitchner is in the film for one scene, why can't it be the same for good ol' AMH?

Becuase he said that it's a very recognizable character, and that it's a 200 million dollar surprise.

Something like "bank manager" is hardly that, wouldn't you say?

Old 07-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #1266
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBatman072 View Post
Becuase he said that it's a very recognizable character, and that it's a 200 million dollar surprise.

Something like "bank manager" is hardly that, wouldn't you say?

Did Nolan call him a "200 million dollar surprise?"

if so he may be referring to the sequel, i.e. he plays The Riddler or something like that, which would be cool

DMB #41
Old 07-05-2007, 10:18 PM   #1267
TheBatman072
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
Did Nolan call him a "200 million dollar surprise?"

if so he may be referring to the sequel, i.e. he plays The Riddler or something like that, which would be cool

No, AMH himself said it around the time the news of him being cast got out.

And he was talking about THIS movie.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:52 AM   #1268
Steelsheen
Iconic

arent we a little too hung up on the $200M quote?

the whole movie costs roughly $200M, thats what he doesnt want to spoil. he didnt say that his role is so crucial as to ruin a $200M movie.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 07-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #1269
Antonello Blueberry
Inglorious bastard

He is the Mandarin.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #1270
SpinyNorman
Side-Kick

He's bat dog.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #1271
itsthebatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyNorman View Post
He's bat dog.
Ace the Bat Hound.

Batman-News.com
Old 07-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #1272
ultimatefan
The Batman must come back

This new report http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_Ch...rt_7-6-07.html suggests that AMH is playing a well-known, and morally dubious character from the comics. Hmmm...

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common...-always-wrong/.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #1273
sonnyleesmith
Side-Kick

And we will get a kick out of his appearance? Hmmmmm indeed.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #1274
sasquatchs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatefan View Post
This new report http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_Ch...rt_7-6-07.html suggests that AMH is playing a well-known, and morally dubious character from the comics. Hmmm...
Cool, I'll post this in the Chicago thread too.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #1275
remytampa
Side-Kick

Note the quotations around "mystery". Anyone think that means Riddler?

Closed Thread