The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 11-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #26
SolidSnakeMGS
Banned User

Default Re: The Shield - 7th and Final Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSox View Post
Where did you see that it starts on January 1st?? I had heard that stupid show Dirt got renewed and the Shield wouldn't air until around the same time as it did in '07.
Really? I read it on Wikipedia, which is a mistake I can see. Oops. I hadn't heard anything in awhile so I assumed it was correct.

SolidSnakeMGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #27
NickSox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeMGS View Post
Really? I read it on Wikipedia, which is a mistake I can see. Oops. I hadn't heard anything in awhile so I assumed it was correct.
I was really hoping that you were right though! But yea i think the spoilerfix is right and we have to wait until April

NickSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #28
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

^ That sucks. I was hoping the end of this year.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #29
SolidSnakeMGS
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSox View Post
I was really hoping that you were right though! But yea i think the spoilerfix is right and we have to wait until April
Ugh that BLOWS

SolidSnakeMGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM   #30
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Just wondering if anyone has any news on The Shield? Seventh season.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM   #31
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Last I heard, the entire season was scripted and everything filmed, except for the series finale. In a letter posted online, Shawn Ryan said he wouldn't be a part of the editing of the finale, which was slated to film shortly thereafter (this was around November, so I imagine it's been filmed).

I would guess it'll premiere after Dirt is over; around mid-May ...which is far too long for me.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #32
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
Last I heard, the entire season was scripted and everything filmed, except for the series finale. In a letter posted online, Shawn Ryan said he wouldn't be a part of the editing of the finale, which was slated to film shortly thereafter (this was around November, so I imagine it's been filmed).

I would guess it'll premiere after Dirt is over; around mid-May ...which is far too long for me.
Thanks for the news. I don't really like Dirt, so hopefully that passes quick.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #33
NickSox
Side-Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkkKBQbXXxE

It doesn't say a date though damnit! I hope it comes back soon.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #34
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
"The Shield" (FX): Filmed all 13 episodes of its final season but a number still need to be edited. Its return has now been pushed off until mid-summer.
Dammit! Sounds like July. I was hoping for May, especially when I heard Dirt only has 7 episodes this season.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #35
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Anyone have any predictions on whats to come? Vic keeping or losing his job? The San Marco's killings?

I think it comes out, end of 2007 or beginning of '08. I hope to god that it comes out at the end of this year.
Shane must die! Oh, but not before he bones the gorgeous Franka Potente characters brains out!

Mackey must got to jail/or die. As must as i love his character, he's still bad by every definition of the word.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #36
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Shane must die! Oh, but not before he bones the gorgeous Franka Potente characters brains out!

Mackey must got to jail/or die. As must as i love his character, he's still bad by every definition of the word.
See I never saw Mackey as a real bad guy, sure not all the evidence ends up being accounted for, but he's still very effective at his job of bringing in the real bad guys. He knows how the street works and uses that to his advantage and using that to his advantage he probably has the best arrest record in that station.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #37
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

He killed a fellow cop in cold blood, in season one, to protect his own ass. If that isn't bad, i don't know what it. I do agree he's very effective at getting the scum off the street, regardless.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #38
Ultimate_Superman
Banned User

Vic isn't going to jail if they still plan on making The Shield movie.

Ultimate_Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #39
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

I always wondered if killing Terry was just a ploy to shock the audience and help greenlight the season. As I watched more of the first season, Vic began to take on qualities I didn't imagine him to have. Given everything I know about him now, it almost seems out of character; like he'd never go that far and would have found another way (likely some trumped up blackmail).

Old 03-17-2008, 01:13 AM   #40
L.A.
Side-Kick

They didnt kill Tony Soprano! They didnt kill Marlo Standsfield! And im pretty sure they wont kill Vic Mackey!!!

L.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #41
EdRyder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
I always wondered if killing Terry was just a ploy to shock the audience and help greenlight the season. As I watched more of the first season, Vic began to take on qualities I didn't imagine him to have. Given everything I know about him now, it almost seems out of character; like he'd never go that far and would have found another way (likely some trumped up blackmail).
I cant agree that it was a ploy to shock the audience(did anyone care about Terry?)But at this point it does seem completely out of character.I totaly agree with that part of it.
But it some ways it fits with Shane killing Lem.As if Shane has sort of morphed over time into the worst parts of Vic.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #42
Mister J
El Jefe de Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Maybe 'shock the audience' is a bit excessive. I surely didn't see it coming, even with the acknowledged tension. It kinda shook me up and made me realize that this wasn't like most (or perhaps any other cop) show and think that was the point. Vic beating on the suspect with the phone book? OK; the guy kinda deserved it. He and the Strike Team showing relative disregard for police procedure and being 'creative' to get the job done? Interesting enough of an approach. Outright murder on a fellow officer? Holy ****! This is supposed to be the 'good guy?' It made me examine Vic's true motivations.

Had they progressed with further such antics, it would Vic a little less likable to be. The kick with him is even though he does these ****ed up things, he has a good intent. Killing Terry, who wasn't nearly as reprehensible as most of the guys Vic sets out to get (if reprehensible at all), was just him saving his own ass in just about the most ruthless way possible. It's the difference in characterization that makes me think that the execution was just a way to get people's attention.

I don't want this response to seem like I'm taking great exception to your comment. Far from it. I just miss the show and was glad to talk about it in further detail than needed.

THEY NEED TO HURRY UP! I WANT MY DAMN SHIELD FIX!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #43
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Anyone see the new Shield trailer? Man, I can't wait.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #44
NickSox
Side-Kick

[quote=CrypticOne;14754698]Anyone see the new Shield trailer? Man, I can't wait.[/quote?

The teaser? Or is there a new one? LInk?

Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 AM   #45
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

I saw a teaser the other day that just had the logo and said "September"

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #46
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Thought some of you might find this interesting, they've put up some videos of the cast interviewing each other, here:

http://fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield/

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #47
KenK
Side-Kick

September, DAMN!! That's a long-ass wait, son!

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:16 PM   #48
NickSox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
Thought some of you might find this interesting, they've put up some videos of the cast interviewing each other, here:

http://fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield/

Watched those the other day. Awesome and September cant come fast enough.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #49
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenK View Post
September, DAMN!! That's a long-ass wait, son!
HAHA. It'll be worth the wait.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #50
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

September, huh? PB, Terminator........Tv is back to where it should be , pre- writers strike.