The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 06-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #26
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Legendary Pictures Lists Superman 2

Definitely. This is a huge announcement.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #27
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
Apples and oranges, this is a sequel to a recently released movie, not a restart of a franchise. The actors, sets, directors, writers are all in place. Although nothing is set in stone, I don't think it's comparable to the Burton movie.
not ever is set in stone... but one can only pray for a reboot, you may not agree but to a real fan id like a restart and to see everything new, i dont think you have to get rid of BR but if its needed dump him then...

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #28
Qwertyİ
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning54SC View Post
not ever is set in stone... but one can only pray for a reboot, you may not agree but to a real fan id like a restart and to see everything new, i dont think you have to get rid of BR but if its needed dump him then...
So only a 'real fan' would want a restart?

Qwertyİ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #29
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyİ View Post
So only a 'real fan' would want a restart?
In his world? yes.

We are just impostors.

nintendo nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #30
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
You've never really rubbed me the wrong way until right now, for you to consider yourself a real fan over other Superman fans is simply laughable.

Elitist Superman Fans, who would have thought...

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:51 PM   #31
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

What defines a real fan? I've always thought it a love for the character in some form. Be it the Donner movies, the comic books, SR, Smallville, whatever.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:01 PM   #32
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
You've never really rubbed me the wrong way until right now, for you to consider yourself a real fan over other Superman fans is simply laughable.

Elitist Superman Fans, who would have thought...
im not the #1 fan im a fan of sueprman, Donner was 20 years ago, seriously some fans in here need to let go and move on.... its ok... its like harboring over a ex girlfriend....

im for some change these days... id like too see some things changed and use more comicbook material... ok S:TM is classic but we now have the technology that the 1970's didnt... all i ask is maybe base a movie off of Birthright and make sub little changes where they are needed... id liek to see a Kryptonian world like off startwars cuz it can be done now espc with there clothing...

Old 06-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #33
Qwertyİ
Banned User

^

Completely missed the point..

Qwertyİ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #34
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Though I truly believe the movie is going to be made, I have real trouble seeing how this is any kind of news. Of course the Superman movie is on the development slate, but studios have tons of movies on the development slate that never happen, so I don't see how this confirms anything.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #35
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyİ View Post
^

Completely missed the point..
the WTF is the point?!

Old 06-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #36
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What defines a real fan? I've always thought it a love for the character in some form. Be it the Donner movies, the comic books, SR, Smallville, whatever.
Exactly, and that is my exact point. I embrace the Donner Movies, Comic Books, Smallville, SR, Lois and Clark, and so on...I guess I didn't get my membership card or I didn't get the memo.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #37
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
im not the #1 fan im a fan of sueprman, Donner was 20 years ago, seriously some fans in here need to let go and move on.... its ok... its like harboring over a ex girlfriend....

im for some change these days... id like too see some things changed and use more comicbook material... ok S:TM is classic but we now have the technology that the 1970's didnt... all i ask is maybe base a movie off of Birthright and make sub little changes where they are needed... id liek to see a Kryptonian world like off startwars cuz it can be done now espc with there clothing...
That still doesn't explain what makes you more of a real fan than me or anybody else. I didn't say anything about Donner being the be all and end all, I have stated the Donner movies were dated many times, mostly in conversations with Matt.

My first connection was the character was the Donner movies, that doesn't mean it is the only version of Superman, but it also doesn't mean I am not a real fan...

Old 06-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #38
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
Exactly, and that is my exact point. I embrace the Donner Movies, Comic Books, Smallville, SR, Lois and Clark, and so on...I guess I didn't get my membership card or I didn't get the memo.

and you laugh at me cuz i see the same things matt does.. all i ask for is a true update superman movie and you laugh at me...??? if anything watnting another garbage trek story is a true slap in the face sorry man but its one thing ti be orignal its another to be a HACK... im not saying you totally agree with singer, maybe you do, maybe you dont... but i for one would like to see a revamp, i mean ***** man, superman has 70's years of history and singer feels the need to base a movie off of something that is a crumb of a pie... thats just dumb in my book...singer should have never left Xmen, you know it i know it... they shoudl have waited a little longer to make SR or even a superman movie in general.... like my grandfather always said you cant polish a turd, and well its true... 200 million to make a film andit makes the same amount is hardly exceptional in my book

Old 06-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #39
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
and you laugh at me cuz i see the same things matt does.. all i ask for is a true update superman movie and you laugh at me...??? if anything watnting another garbage trek story is a true slap in the face sorry man but its one thing ti be orignal its another to be a HACK... im not saying you totally agree with singer, maybe you do, maybe you dont... but i for one would like to see a revamp, i mean ***** man, superman has 70's years of history and singer feels the need to base a movie off of something that is a crumb of a pie... thats just dumb in my book...singer should have never left Xmen, you know it i know it... they shoudl have waited a little longer to make SR or even a superman movie in general.... like my grandfather always said you cant polish a turd, and well its true... 200 million to make a film andit makes the same amount is hardly exceptional in my book
I didn't laugh at you, that is hard to do with keyboards and monitors.

I didn't see Matt defining certain posters as true Superman fans he was giving a broad definition of what he thought one was, you basically said I wasn't a true Superman fan. What is so hard to understand here?

Quote:

Old 06-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #40
Lightning54SC
Banned User

no i just feel like your on a total singer bandwagon... id love to see a nother superman movie but i think its time to close the book and start over... its the only way BR will get positive attention as superman... its time to move away from Donner and Puzo and let a fresh creative team try something.... if it worked for BBegins it can work again for Superman

Old 06-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #41
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
no i just feel like your on a total singer bandwagon... id love to see a nother superman movie but i think its time to close the book and start over... its the only way BR will get positive attention as superman... its time to move away from Donner and Puzo and let a fresh creative team try something.... if it worked for BBegins it can work again for Superman
I'm on a Singer bandwagon? Have you read any of my posts at all? It's easy to group somebody together when you have no knowledge of my thoughts on the movie at all, which you already made clear in a seperate post.

Your views are not the same as Matt, you are saying that if somebody liked Superman Returns they are not a "real fan". That is a pretty ridiculous statement.

If you've read my posts I have already said it was time to move away from the Donner Universe, so please if you are going to make comments like the one in bold above, pay attention first.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #42
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
LOYALTY.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #43
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
LOYALTY.
Exactly how do you mean this?

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #44
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
I'm on a Singer bandwagon? Have you read any of my posts at all? It's easy to group somebody together when you have no knowledge of my thoughts on the movie at all, which you already made clear in a seperate post.

Your views are not the same as Matt, you are saying that if somebody liked Superman Returns they are not a "real fan". That is a pretty ridiculous statement.

If you've read my posts I have already said it was time to move away from the Donner Universe, so please if you are going to make comments like the one in bold above, pay attention first.
no i didnt say that, stop being a women and putting words in my mouth.... if you enjoyed one hollywoods many reshashes great for 1 im against most of thema nd second off it sucked i like all things of superman... granted ther were some good scenes in SR but over all its blew...

Old 06-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #45
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Lightning, dont be a sore loser

And dont try to diss Showtime; youre just making urself look worse.

Justice Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #46
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
no i didnt say that, stop being a women and putting words in my mouth.... if you enjoyed one hollywoods many reshashes great for 1 im against most of thema nd second off it sucked i like all things of superman... granted ther were some good scenes in SR but over all its blew...
Heh Heh. I didn't put words in your mouth, you posted it above. It's in black and white buddy. :meow:

If you didn't say it, then how come several other posters picked up the same vibe? I can't be that old?

You don't get it, I could care less if you want a reboot, if you hated Returns, or whatever the heck you want. That is your opinion, and I actually probably agree with most of your opinions, suprisingly. I simply asked what makes you more of a real fan than me or anybody else, which was what your post dictated. It's simple. You want to turn it to Singerlover vs Singerhater and start giving me your views on the movie, I could care less, that wasn't the question.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #47
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Quote:
In regards to the JLA script, it could mean something it could mean nothing. If there is something I understand is the life and times of screenwriting, this script could be collecting dust in the vault for years.
As I said in the JLA thread; I think its exactly like Marvel and Avengers; they got Zac Penn to do the script (hes just busy at the moment) but the film definately wont happen till sometime after Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Ant Man. In the case of JLA; we'll most likely get Superman MoS, Batman III and possibly The Flash before it and hopefully leading into it.

Justice Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #48
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Bringer View Post
As I said in the JLA thread; I think its exactly like Marvel and Avengers; they got Zac Penn to do the script (hes just busy at the moment) but the film definately wont happen till sometime after Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Ant Man. In the case of JLA; we'll most likely get Superman MoS, Batman III and possibly The Flash before it and hopefully leading into it.
I can see your theory actually being the case, but I think that WB wants to be first with JLA, so it might be a little quicker than that. Not sure yet. It's pretty vague.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #49
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Bringer View Post
Lightning, dont be a sore loser

And dont try to diss Showtime; youre just making urself look worse.
this is a fictional character thet is MADE UP ok im sorry but Show jumped down my throat like a chick on a hormonal imbalaqnce... as for bandwagoning this is beginning to be just as bad a bluetights... no one wants to hear an opinio n but their own...

Old 06-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #50
Lightning54SC
Banned User

so to have an opinion i must be quite and agree? thats a joke