The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 06-20-2007, 11:18 AM   #101
buggs0268
Banned User

Default Re: Legendary Pictures Lists Superman 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You're ignoring an important factor. Even if there was no news on TDK, we knew it was happening, it was confirmed, had the greenlight. The only reason for the hold up was Nolan doing other movies. SR on the other hand does not have the greenlight. Same with Angels and Demons and practically every other sequel you mention.
that is my point

buggs0268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #102
Grinder
Side-Kick

Exactly. Back in 05 the WB guys and Nolan said that even they were surprised that they hit it right out of the park and pleased general audiences AND the fans. And they already confirmed that they would make a sequel as soon Nolan would finish "The Prestige". That was back in the summer when Batman was still going on with big legs. Also something to keep in mind: maybe this time they already make plans in advance so that Nolan can pull off part 3 in 2010!?

Whereas Superman:
CCom 06: Singer stated that the sequel deal was still "iffy".
Then, a month before the DVD hit and SR finally made $200 million, they finally announced the plan for a sequel, but also clearly stated that they were disappointed with it's BO take.

Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #103
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
You're ignoring an important factor. Even if there was no news on TDK, we knew it was happening, it was confirmed, had the greenlight. The only reason for the hold up was Nolan doing other movies. SR on the other hand does not have the greenlight. Same with Angels and Demons and practically every other sequel you mention.
At this point a script isn't even greenlit by WB for Returns as far as we know, and to my knowledge the script isn't done yet, because the parties involved are busy on other projects.

*Dude Love brought up Angels and Demons and other movies joking around with me.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #104
GreenKToo
In the fire

Personally I think we'll get another supes film in the next 3/4 years. Be it a singer sequel, or a reboot.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #105
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I think that sounds about right.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #106
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Personally I think we'll get another supes film in the next 3/4 years. Be it a singer sequel, or a reboot.
I say that for the 2009-2010 we'll get one

Ita-KalEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #107
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Superman Returns Again

Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #108
GreenKToo
In the fire

I think that alot of us just want another supes film, be it singer or another director.
No way will W.B. not make another, to much potential for a huge blockbuster there, IF its done correctly.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #109
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I agree. I just want to see Superman again, whether it's Singer and Routh, or Verbinski and Eddie Cahill.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #110
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Quote:
If its a reboot; it will take alot longer... the project would have to go back to the drawing board; new director, casting etc...the studio would prolly have to go through several scripts.

Superman would pretty much be back on the backburner for a while. WB sucks with initiating projects like this.

Justice Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #111
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

A reboot would push the franchise back until about 2011 release at the earliest.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #112
GreenKToo
In the fire

If they did do a reboot and didnt use routh, I would like to see clive owen play him as an older supes. A superman thats been established for several years, instead of a few.
I watched king arthur again today at work, and was thinking he would make a great superman.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 06-20-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #113
GL's Light
GL June 17, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs0268 View Post
Fact of the matter is, it Warner's and Legendary were so gun ho on it, it would have been in production all ready. Even though it is a bad film, look at how quickly Batman and Robin was in pre-production after Batman Forever hit. Look at how quickly Batman Forever was in production after Batman Returns. Look at how quickly Spiderman 2 and 3 was in production after each previous film. Look at the Dark Knight.
Your comments don't make sense, and you don't seem to be aware of the breaks between some of the sequels you mentioned. Having a break of two to three years between releases is standard for most film series.

There will be a three-year break between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. There was a three-year break between Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3, and between Batman and Batman Returns, and between Batman Returns and Batman Forever.

The current plans for a three-year break between SR and its sequel, whereby Singer would start filming the next Superman film early next year for a summer 2009 release, is in keeping with a schedule commonly used for sequels, particularly WB sequels. That's not to say that a sequel is 100% certain, but the mere fact that it's not in production yet isn't a de facto argument that the studio is ambivalent. A 2009 release was always the plan for the sequel - even before SR was released. Had SR made far more money at the box office, the sequel still wouldn't be in production at this stage.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #114
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Clive Owen is a very interesting choice indeed. He actually has that look.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #115
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL's Light View Post
Your comments don't make sense, and you don't seem to be aware of the breaks between some of the sequels you mentioned. Having a break of two to three years between releases is standard for most film series.

There will be a three-year break between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. There was a three-year break between Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3, and between Batman and Batman Returns, and between Batman Returns and Batman Forever.

The current plans for a three-year break between SR and its sequel, whereby Singer would start filming the next Superman film early next year for a summer 2009 release, is in keeping with a schedule commonly used for sequels, particularly WB sequels. That's not to say that a sequel is 100% certain, but the mere fact that it's not in production yet isn't a de facto argument that the studio is ambivalent. A 2009 release was always the plan for the sequel - even before SR was released. Had SR made far more money at the box office, the sequel still wouldn't be in production at this stage.
You've been gone a long time....

Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #116
GreenKToo
In the fire

Have you seen King Arthur?? if not check it out and think superman when he is doing his scenes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
Clive Owen is a very interesting choice indeed. He actually has that look.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #117
GL's Light
GL June 17, 2011

Quote:
You're ignoring an important factor. Even if there was no news on TDK, we knew it was happening, it was confirmed, had the greenlight. The only reason for the hold up was Nolan doing other movies. SR on the other hand does not have the greenlight.
No, TDK didn't have a greenlight in the summer of 2006. Greenlight is a commonly misused term, and you're misusing it here. A greenlight is the stage that moves a film from development into pre-production, the phase during which the cast and crew are hired, sets are built, costumes are made, etc.

In the summer of 2006 TDK was simply in development. Christopher Nolan had signed a deal to develop it, and to supervise Jonathan Nolan's writing of the script. That's all we knew at that stage, just as all we know at this stage in terms of Superman is that Bryan Singer has signed a deal to develop a sequel, and that he's supervising a script being written by Harris and Doughtery.

Now, films that are in development can be canceled, or one director can be replaced by another, or the project might be delayed. These things happen all the time, so a sequel to SR isn't a complete certainty. We may have had more faith at this time in 2006 that because of BB's good return on its budget a sequel would progress from development to a greenlight, but we didn't actually have any more information or announcements of deals signed at that stage for TDK than we do now with regards to a prospective Superman sequel.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #118
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

No more logic in this thread. Please stop.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #119
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Have you seen King Arthur?? if not check it out and think superman when he is doing his scenes..
I have seen it, I just forget.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #120
GL's Light
GL June 17, 2011

Quote:
You've been gone a long time....
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #121
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I thought you had been closed with the box office thread, but you have returned.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #122
GreenKToo
In the fire

Man I really REALLY hope that W.B. now gets that the public wants alot of action in their C.B. films, otherwise the sequel will prolly do the same or worse than S.R.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #123
GL's Light
GL June 17, 2011

Quote:
I thought you had been closed with the box office thread, but you have returned.
I've been back awhile actually, just in other parts of the board. Thought I'd stick my head in and see what's popping in the Supes forum.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #124
GreenKToo
In the fire

I see you alot in the F4 forum...voice of reason there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL's Light View Post
I've been back awhile actually, just in other parts of the board. Thought I'd stick my head in and see what's popping in the Supes forum.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #125
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I've never been to the F4 forums, I am to busy being the voice of reason here. Heh Heh.