View Poll Results: Choose Your Own Lex Luthor
No Lex Luthor 1 2.78%
Singerverse/Donnerverse Lex Luthor 5 13.89%
Lexcorp or President Lex Luthor 30 83.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #26
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Default Re: Spacey doesn't want to act anymore?

well, that's his decision of course...

Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #27
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot069 View Post
well, that's his decision of course...
Too bad, I think he is one of the best actors, out there.

nintendo nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #28
Lightning54SC
Banned User

until its posted from a reliable source its all hog wash to me, even though id love to see Zane as Luther

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #29
Lightning54SC
Banned User

if this proves to be real id love to see the reaction or at Bluetights.net... i bet most will go into denial....

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #30
matthooper
Side-Kick

Unfortunately, all the actors signed a 3 picture deal. They are all bound by contract to appear in a sequel.

We're stuck with all of them.

matthooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:08 PM   #31
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

LOL this news doens't change nothing.
It's nice to see how the naysayers can't accept the fact that a sequel is on track.

Ita-KalEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #32
TaintedBlood
Side-Kick

he'll come back for singer... he owes much to him...

TaintedBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #33
blind_fury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo nerd View Post
blind fury love your avatar. Is Beetlejuice available in Hi def DVD already?
No.

but Superman Returns is.

blind_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #34
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ita-KalEl View Post
LOL this news doens't change nothing.
It's nice to see how the naysayers can't accept the fact that a sequel is on track.
And yet you continue to reassure yourself with constant "So and so confirms sequel!!" threads. Street goes both ways.

As for Kevin Spacey, since him and Bryan are friends I think he can convince him to come back for Luthor, especially since Spacey has talked many times about coming back. I also am very wary about actors saying they are going to "retire" because usually its BS, and they end up coming back anyway(save for class acts like Paul Newman). The only way I see him not coming back is if it conflicts with his schedule at the Old Vic, since that is his highest priority.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #35
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Spacey has mentioned the possibility in the past of giving up acting and concentrating on his work at the old Vic....so it wouldn't surprise me if he did this.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #36
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

This article was floating around a week or two ago on many websites, I don't think that Mexican article was translated correctly.

He didn't want to pull himself away from the Vic theater as he did with the Superman Returns movie while performing in a certain play. I don't think this means he won't act again, just not when he is already obligated to another performance.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #37
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Ok...maybe I'm wrong.

http://www.pendletoday.co.uk/latest-...icleid=2952386

Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey has said that he no longer cares about his movie career.The star of American Beauty and The Usual Suspects told London Tonight he loved his role as artistic director of London's Old Vic theatre, a position he has held since 2003.

"I don't care about my personal acting career any more. I'm done with it," he said.

"After 10 years of making movies and going better than I ever could have imagined, I sort of had to ask myself: What am I supposed to do with all of this success that I have had?

"Am I just going to keep making movie after movie and be concerned with all of that 'Are you up, are you down, are you hot, are you not?', and I don't really care.

"What I care about is working with people, what I care about is the remarkable experience of being able to be a part of bringing people together."

Spacey, who won an Oscar for his role in the Sam Mendes-directed American Beauty, has acted in a number of productions at the Old Vic, including Richard II and Moon For The Misbegotten.

The theatre's 2007-08 season sees the artistic director taking a lead role in David Mamet's Speed-the-Plow, while Mendes will be directing The Tempest and Hamlet.

The season also includes Victorian thriller Gaslight, All About My Mother, based on the film by Pedro Almodovar and the Old Vic panto Cinderella, penned by actor and comedian Stephen Fry.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #38
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
This article was floating around a week or two ago on many websites, I don't think that Mexican article was translated correctly.

He didn't want to pull himself away from the Vic theater as he did with the Superman Returns movie while performing in a certain play. I don't think this means he won't act again, just not when he is already obligated to another performance.
This Mexican newspaper has been wrong before, so it wouldn't surprise me if this article is false. But I wanted to share it with you guys.

I remember hearing like 6 years ago that Anthony Hopkins was not going to do movies anymore, and he is still doing like 2 movies a year, so who knows?

Maybe we'll get some info about the sequel and Spacey soon.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #39
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Ok...maybe I'm wrong.

http://www.pendletoday.co.uk/latest-...icleid=2952386

Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey has said that he no longer cares about his movie career.The star of American Beauty and The Usual Suspects told London Tonight he loved his role as artistic director of London's Old Vic theatre, a position he has held since 2003.

"I don't care about my personal acting career any more. I'm done with it," he said.

"After 10 years of making movies and going better than I ever could have imagined, I sort of had to ask myself: What am I supposed to do with all of this success that I have had?

"Am I just going to keep making movie after movie and be concerned with all of that 'Are you up, are you down, are you hot, are you not?', and I don't really care.

"What I care about is working with people, what I care about is the remarkable experience of being able to be a part of bringing people together."

Spacey, who won an Oscar for his role in the Sam Mendes-directed American Beauty, has acted in a number of productions at the Old Vic, including Richard II and Moon For The Misbegotten.

The theatre's 2007-08 season sees the artistic director taking a lead role in David Mamet's Speed-the-Plow, while Mendes will be directing The Tempest and Hamlet.

The season also includes Victorian thriller Gaslight, All About My Mother, based on the film by Pedro Almodovar and the Old Vic panto Cinderella, penned by actor and comedian Stephen Fry.
So that's where the Mexican newspaper got the info,is exactly the same, just in Spanish.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #40
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Ask Stacy: "Superman" Sequel For Brandon Routh & Kevin Spacey?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...72613955.shtml

By Stacy Jenel Smith
Jun 9, 2007

DEAR STACY: Is there a sequel to the Brandon Routh-Kevin Spacey "Superman" in the making? And what is Spacey doing nowadays? Terrific actor. -- George S., Cleveland DEAR GEORGE: The two-time Oscar winner concludes his starring stint in the Broadway run of Eugene O'Neill's "A Moon for the Misbegotten" today (6/10) and will return to London, where he lives part time and serves as artistic director for the Old Vic theatre. (The revival was an Old Vic production).

"Superman" Sequel For Brandon Routh & Kevin Spacey?

Last September, he announced his decision to stay on with that august institution at least for another nine years. He has a supporting part in the Paul Giamatti-Vince Vaughn Christmastime comedy, "Fred Claus," due this fall -- and has completed "21," based on Ben Mezrich's best seller, "Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six MIT Students Who Took Vegas for Millions." As for "Superman: Man of Steel," the intended 2009 release sequel, Routh is expected to be back as the title character, and Spacey plans to return as Lex Luthor, but there is no start date as yet.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #41
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

This is the article I was refering to. It doesn't say that he won't do theater, but that he wouldn't leave theater to do a movie.

http://www.andpop.com/article/9334

Hollywood star KEVIN SPACEY has vowed to put his theatre career before any big screen roles - and will appear on stage in January.

The American Beauty actor, who is artistic director at London's Old Vic theatre, disppointed fans last year when he pulled out of performance over a prior commitment to filming Superman Returns.

But he insists the switch isn't something he plans to repeat when he stars as Booby Gould in a revival of David Mamet's Speed-The-Plow.

He says, "I will never take time out from a production again.

"My single and total focus is on the Old Vic."

Old 06-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #42
Lighthouse

Hmmm. Anyone know if he's under contract? He's a big star so he might not be obligated but I'm not really sure.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Old 06-13-2007, 09:10 PM   #43
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Ask Stacy: "Superman" Sequel For Brandon Routh & Kevin Spacey?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...72613955.shtml

By Stacy Jenel Smith
Jun 9, 2007

DEAR STACY: Is there a sequel to the Brandon Routh-Kevin Spacey "Superman" in the making? And what is Spacey doing nowadays? Terrific actor. -- George S., Cleveland DEAR GEORGE: The two-time Oscar winner concludes his starring stint in the Broadway run of Eugene O'Neill's "A Moon for the Misbegotten" today (6/10) and will return to London, where he lives part time and serves as artistic director for the Old Vic theatre. (The revival was an Old Vic production).

"Superman" Sequel For Brandon Routh & Kevin Spacey?

Last September, he announced his decision to stay on with that august institution at least for another nine years. He has a supporting part in the Paul Giamatti-Vince Vaughn Christmastime comedy, "Fred Claus," due this fall -- and has completed "21," based on Ben Mezrich's best seller, "Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six MIT Students Who Took Vegas for Millions." As for "Superman: Man of Steel," the intended 2009 release sequel, Routh is expected to be back as the title character, and Spacey plans to return as Lex Luthor, but there is no start date as yet.
Now I'm confused.

Some info said he's done with acting. And this says he'll be back for a sequel. My head hurts.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #44
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind_fury View Post
c'mon the guy blew it.

He ignored the comics completely, made Superman a stalker and dead beat dad, and squandered 200 million to make a "Superman lifts things" borefest. I'm confident there are directors who can do far better than Superman Returns.

Singer doesn't deserve another chance anymore than Brett Ratner.
i agree. i just think that he has no idea to make a superman movie.

superbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #45
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbaby View Post
i agree. i just think that he has no idea to make a superman movie.
Well,to each is own.

I thought he did a good job.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #46
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo nerd View Post
Well,to each is own.

I thought he did a good job.
good to you. hopefully WB will make a quick confirmation. go ahead with singer or making a revamp as long as a new superman movie is coming, half of us will be happy.

superbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #47
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

He and Singer are friends. He'd probably do it for him.

Didn't Singer shoot all of Lex's scenes close together so Spacey could get back to London while shooting SR?

TheComicbookKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #48
VenomsMom
Side-Kick

Hooray... no more land schemes.

VenomsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:34 PM   #49
Lighthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomsMom View Post
Hooray... no more land schemes.
....from Lex.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #50
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
Hmmm. Anyone know if he's under contract? He's a big star so he might not be obligated but I'm not really sure.
I believe he is contracted for two movies, the first being Returns.