The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Art

Old 01-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #76
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Default Re: JKKS085-Fan Art

[... I've decided to delete this specific piece due to the fact that it contains some elements made by other artists who didn't gave their permission.
I hope this deletion will avoid some overreactions in the future ...]

Last edited by JKKS085; 02-18-2009 at 12:20 PM.
JKKS085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #77
ComicChick
Making Bad Guys Good
SHH! Global Moderator

amazing entry for this month's contest.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official Nov/Dec Fan Art Contest
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #78
Wushuboy
Side-Kick

Do you have the original untouched image you used for the hulk? Could you please post it or send it via pm? thanks

Wushuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 AM   #79
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Here it is:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7445/hulk14mb3.jpg

Old 01-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #80
Wushuboy
Side-Kick

awesome.. thanks man... i appreciate it. are there any other high res hulk images like this from aaron sims?

Wushuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #81
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #82
tyler-durden
Side-Kick

Cool, I'm waiting for some to do a poster of that watchmen pic that has them all looking right at the camera

Old 02-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #83
ComicChick
Making Bad Guys Good
SHH! Global Moderator

nice job on that watchmen

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official Nov/Dec Fan Art Contest
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #84
arivin923
Side-Kick

any chance you want to make a pic of alex skarsgard as thor? i've been trying to find the best photoshopper on here, and you won handsdown!

arivin923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #85
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Another Watchmen poster inspired by the "No More Masks" one-sheet.

Last edited by JKKS085; 02-09-2009 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #86
JKKS085
Side-Kick

And here's the full "No More Masks" visual I've (re)created for this poster:

Old 02-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #87
Mattchew
Side-Kick

great stuff. loving the watchmen manips.... now here's hoping the movies any good.

Mattchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #88
tyler-durden
Side-Kick

I like the full no more masks poster

Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #89
Juggertha
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKS085 View Post
The entry I made for the January Fan Art Contest:

All the credits for the amazing pictures of Iron Man and Hulk are respectively going to Archangel Gabriel (deviantart) and Aaron Sims (who worked on The Incredible Hulk).
What about the credits for the Thor and Cap pieces?

Old 02-17-2009, 05:45 AM   #90
JKKS085
Side-Kick

I modified them significantly. So no credit for them.
FYI the Thor is based on a picture of the impressive Thor PF Statue by Bowen.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #91
Nadino
'Cuz I'm a RockStar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
What about the credits for the Thor and Cap pieces?
It's art theft at its greatest, sadly. Wonder if the original artists have seen these...

Nadino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #92
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadino View Post
It's art theft at its greatest, sadly. Wonder if the original artists have seen these...
I am not even waiting for you to explain this insulting and pretty disgusting attitude.
I've said a MILLION times that this picture is a PHOTO-MANIP.
A photo-manip is always made using IMAGE REFERENCES.

I credit the artists when I'm using their work without any modification.
And when I know who they are, wich wasn't the case for the Iron Man picture I've used in that Avengers manip (I originally thought it was some image made for the video-game).

Like I said, you guys are taking those things really, really too seriously.
I'm not selling my stuff and you can notice that I never claimed I made it from nothing. Thinking about that, you can try to answer this simple question: What harm could I possibly do by using some pieces from other artists ?

BTW, some of my manips are in sale on ebay as postcards, other are downloadable on some sites, but only if you buy credits first, and I never made a scandal for this. I assume it's the difference between people like me, who are doing this for fun, and people like you.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #93
Juggertha
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am not even waiting for you to explain this insulting and pretty disgusting attitude.
I think you're missing one major part of that equation - these are not photos. These are finished pieces of art.

The picture you used belongs to joe madureira.
http://i3.tinypic.com/vziwb7.jpg

Quote:
And when I know who they are, wich wasn't the case for the Iron Man picture I've used in that Avengers manip (I originally thought it was some image made for the video-game).
Crediting is one thing... asking for usage rights is another.
1. You didn't credit Joe Mad.
2. You didn't ask any of these artists for the rights to use their image in a contest.

Quote:
I'm not selling my stuff and you can notice that I never claimed I made it from nothing. Thinking about that, you can try to answer this simple question: What harm could I possibly do by using some pieces from other artists ?

BTW, some of my manips are in sale on ebay as postcards, other are downloadable on some sites, but only if you buy credits first, and I never made a scandal for this. I assume it's the difference between people like me, who are doing this for fun, and people like you.
Wait, you ask what harm could this do, and then proceed to say that you sometimes sell manips??

WTF is that about?

I have no idea which manips you are selling, but if you're selling other people's finished works - you've got issues.

When I was searching 'captain america' through google to find the image you used, I found one of my own.

It's funny how people think that everything on the internet belongs to them.

If you use stock images, fine - they usually have some usage agreement.
If you are using finished images, you need to 1. modify it. and 2. credit it.

All you did was blur Cap's shield... and for some reason you didn't think that Joe Mad deserved credit for it - but you did??

The thing that bothers me most is your insistence on you being in the right. If you would have said 'whoops, I should have credited them all, sorry, here, I'll change that" - **** happens, we all make mistakes.

Yet you continue to say "what's the big deal?"

/shakes head

Old 02-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #94
Nadino
'Cuz I'm a RockStar...

Quote:

I am referring to no contest, and I certainly do not need an explanation on what a Photo-Manip is as I make them myself. My beef is that your thread is full of these 'borrowed' works, few, if any, credits to the original artists, and it seems that some here actually believe YOU made them. For the casual or new user, who knows nothing about DA or whatever, would most definately believe that.

My answer to your simple question: No physical harm can come from doing what your doing. But in the contest, to me it is cheating since the other entries were more than likely made from scratch. Look at your image again, when you got those 'referrences' they were already DONE. Must be nice to have 50% of your image complete when starting a project. Now if you would've won - would that have been fair to the others? Fair to the original artists? No.

Even more disturbing is that you are able to SELL these stolen works when that $$ shouldn't even go to people like you who do a quick cut & paste job, change saturation, add a Gaussian blur and call it yours - it should go to the original artist who spent sleepness nights sweating their butts off to create that masterpiece from scratch!

And YES, this is a serious issue. Original concepts get ripped off everyday by people who think 'oh no big deal....' And get off your soap box, you are not the only one around here or on the internet that makes photo-manips for fun. Actually I take that back, you prob are the only one that 'only makes this stuff for fun' but then sells them illegally.

Nadino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:29 AM   #95
jpmuftak
Side-Kick

Dude, I almost felt sorry for you...and then I found out you're a liar and a thief. I found THIS on a zbrush forum from a guy named Diego Maia
http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/showpos...5&postcount=45
Diego's:

and yours:

That's pretty lame man.
Quote:
I modified them significantly. So no credit for them.
FYI the Thor is based on a picture of the impressive Thor PF Statue by Bowen.
So what exactly is your definition for "significantly" because the only differences I see are a slight face modification and some color filtering.

So you took a ready made: hulk, Iron Man, and captain america - cut them out and polished them a little and call it your own. Classy.

I would like to see some proof that you actually "made" that Thor and merely "based" it off of the statue...because it looks like you found a good picture of the statue and just blew out the contrast and added some lightning.

I guess it makes me the most upset because I DO manips and use things with the original creator's permission and/or change it so much that I can honestly claim it.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:21 AM   #96
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadino View Post
My beef is that your thread is full of these 'borrowed' works, few, if any, credits to the original artists,
Could you be a little more specific. I could have forgotten some credits (like for this Avengers manip) but I always tried to credit everyone when I'm using untouched pieces. It was, for example, the case for all my JLA artworks.

Quote:
Wait, you ask what harm could this do, and then proceed to say that you sometimes sell manips??

WTF is that about?

I have no idea which manips you are selling, but if you're selling other people's finished works - you've got issues.
Could you pay a little attention to details. I didn't say I was selling my manips on ebay. I said SOME PEOPLE are selling it on ebay as postcards. So yes, I'm doing this for fun and just for fun (and trust me, I don't care to win or to loose a contest).

Fort the rest, I've got nothing to prove. For god's sake !!! I'm not in front of a court. Who do you think you are ???

I assume I was a little awkward with that specific piece but it doesn't gives you the right to be that insulting. Everyone mades mistakes, it includes me and I think that I'll have to be more careful with the pictures i'm using the next time. I understand all your points of view and I finally agree most part of them. What I can't understand is your overreaction about all that.

Telling that i'm a thief and a liar just because I made (assembled) that (crappy) Avengers stuff (using great references) that everyone would've forgot tomorrow !!! No sorry I definitely can't understand that kind of attitude.

As I can't understand the time you spent tracking the elements I've used in there.

PS: jpmufkat, talking about your cap's manip, using a part of the Aston Martin's logo as a wing in his mask was one of the best idea ever. I think you deserve to win this contest handsdown.

Last edited by JKKS085; 02-18-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #97
Juggertha
Side-Kick

Quote:
Could you pay a little attention to details. I didn't say I was selling my manips on ebay. I said SOME PEOPLE are selling it on ebay as postcards. So yes, I'm doing this for fun and just for fun (and trust me, I don't care to win or to loose a contest).
No, you didn't say that. You said: "BTW, some of my manips are in sale on ebay as postcards, other are downloadable on some sites, but only if you buy credits first, and I never made a scandal for this." I'm guessing that english might not be your first language, so I'll let you slide a bit here. But let me be clear, you did not state WHO was selling your work.

Quote:
Fort the rest, I've got nothing to prove. For god's sake !!! I'm not in front of a court. Who do you think you are ???

I assume I was a little awkward with that specific piece but it doesn't gives you the right to be that insulting. Everyone mades mistakes, it includes me and I think that I'll have to be more careful with the pictures i'm using the next time. I understand all your points of view and I finally agree most part of them. What I can't understand is your overreaction about all that.
You had plenty oftime to admit your mistakes... yet you said: "I modified them significantly. So no credit for them."

And yet you call us out?? for calling you out on it?? WTF did you do to the Captain America pic that makes it yours and not the original artist's?? Because from the pictures posted, it looks like you did nothing.

Quote:
Telling that i'm a thief and a liar just because I made (assembled) that (crappy) Avengers stuff (using great references) that everyone would've forgot tomorrow !!! No sorry I definitely can't understand that kind of attitude.

As I can't understand the time you spent tracking the elements I've used in there.
You claimed these as your own. When asked about it, you dismissed it and said that no credit was needed.

You've stolen these pieces and yet continue to try to dance around it saying

-why the big deal?
-I didn't really do anything.
-I did a lot of work on them.
-People take my suff too!

And yet you're still not getting it.

You stole.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #98
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmuftak View Post

I guess it makes me the most upset because I DO manips and use things with the original creator's permission and/or change it so much that I can honestly claim it.
errrrm I agree with everything you said but just wanna point out that you use 2 of my manips in that link at the bottom of your post....

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

spidey-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #99
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Quote:
You stole.
Well you honor I'm trapped.
So, what's the punishment for such an unforgivable crime ?
Will you hang me by the neck right now, or will you cut my hands ?

I've already admited my mistakes. I've also said that I've learned a lot of things during this argument about when you can or can't use pieces made by other artists.

So what's the purpose of your last post ??? Are you looking for a public humiliation ??? That's it.
You've said a lot of true things but you're becoming ridiculous with that kind of doggedness.

I think that everything about the subject is now said and done. We'd better end this here.

Last edited by JKKS085; 02-18-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #100
jpmuftak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
errrrm I agree with everything you said but just wanna point out that you use 2 of my manips in that link at the bottom of your post....
LOL! Yeah, but I'm pretty sure I asked when I posted them and I gave you full credit IN that post!
I was actually thinking about that when I posted, I'm not sure how to give credit in a sig link. ya know?

[Edit] Just realized how I can do it. Thanks for keeping me honest Spidey-Dude.

Last edited by jpmuftak; 02-18-2009 at 03:50 PM.
jpmuftak is offline   Reply With Quote