The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fandom Come > Fan Art

Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #101
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Default Re: JKKS085-Fan Art

lol i was just joking i think i remeber u asking...although i wish u wuld get rid of tht ugly face u put on thor

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

spidey-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #102
jpmuftak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
lol i was just joking i think i remeber u asking...although i wish u wuld get rid of tht ugly face u put on thor
If I remember correctly, you like dudes - and you don't dig on Brad?

I need to update it - I was originally planning to use other peoples manips as placeholders until I had the time to do my own, and just haven't gotten to it yet.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #103
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

Everybody just needs to:
CHILLAX!

Geez! Ok JKKS085 just put when you borrow an image whether it modified or not. If you don't know from who then say so. Admitting where stuff comes from doesn't discount your work I for one believe composition is an artform, to be able to take seperate elements and put them together in a way that is meaningful is art but when I do it I still say where the base is from and so should you.

And the rest of you should back off I think he get's it yeah. And if you think he doesn't then wait till he shows it until then I say don't clutter the thread anymore.

I Believe in Tim Tebow

RAMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #104
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

I dont like dudes, i just think thts a frickin wierd face thor has there

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #105
5p1d3r
swell guy

plus the "issue" was in context of a contest. Other than that all bets are off. I also agree about the composition. the poster of the Avenvers hypes me up for the movie! Although I can't shake the feeling that Cap is going to look like a power ranger or a futuristic football player in real life.

Last edited by 5p1d3r; 02-18-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: grammer
5p1d3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #106
jpmuftak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
I dont like dudes, i just think thts a frickin wierd face thor has there
WOW! My mistake - I realized why I thought that - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=310150
I got you confused with spideyboy_1111.
My bad.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #107
Juggertha
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKS085 View Post
Well you honor I'm trapped.
So, what's the punishment for such an unforgivable crime ?
Will you hang me by the neck right now, or will you cut my hands ?

I've already admited my mistakes. I've also said that I've learned a lot of things during this argument about when you can or can't use pieces made by other artists.

So what's the purpose of your last post ??? Are you looking for a public humiliation ??? That's it.
You've said a lot of true things but you're becoming ridiculous with that kind of doggedness.

I think that everything about the subject is now said and done. We'd better end this here.
You know, you wonder why people are calling you on this... it's because of continued posts like this.

I've looked through your posts... where did you credit your source on Captain America? What did you actually admit?

You've said:

"I modified them significantly. So no credit for them."

When called on it:
"I am not even waiting for you to explain this insulting and pretty disgusting attitude."

"Like I said, you guys are taking those things really, really too seriously."

"I've got nothing to prove. For god's sake !!! I'm not in front of a court. Who do you think you are ???"

"What I can't understand is your overreaction about all that."

"As I can't understand the time you spent tracking the elements I've used in there."

"Well you honor I'm trapped.
Will you hang me by the neck right now, or will you cut my hands ?"

An the closest you've come to admitting anything is:
"I could have forgotten some credits"

and this:

"I assume I was a little awkward with that specific piece but it doesn't gives you the right to be that insulting. Everyone mades mistakes, it includes me and I think that I'll have to be more careful with the pictures i'm using the next time. I understand all your points of view and I finally agree most part of them. What I can't understand is your overreaction about all that."

But look at your posts. You get called out for stealing someones art and what do you do? Is your first or second post an admission? No. You attack the people you perceive to be attacking you.

Look at all those "you"s.

You're being quite accusatory for being the one that was taking images and trying to pass them off in a contest.

Most art forums would ban members for such action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMORE View Post
Everybody just needs to:

CHILLAX!
While I agree with you to an extent, I think we've got a different take on this. I'm wondering how you would feel if it was your art that he took and then wondered why you were so upset.

Last edited by Juggertha; 02-18-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Juggertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #108
JKKS085
Side-Kick

I don't know why you are looking for a fight so hardly.
I can admit when I'm wrong, and in this case, I was clearly wrong. I said it two or three times.

The problem is that you make yourself a judge and an executionner on that case. And you authorized yourself everything including insults and defamation. You said that I've attacked people I perceive to be attacking me, but that's the only thing you did since the begining of this argument. You didn't even try to explain things calmly, without accusing me or being agressive.

And FYI, cause you obviously like counting, all those "you"s where written as the same time as 38 "I"s. On an other hand, the message were I wrote that I was akward about that piece was my 2nd message after I was accused of being a thief. So, my second post was indeed an admission.

Now if I'm not mistaken I've said stop about this subject and stop means stop.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #109
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

just wanna add that your english is pretty good for a french dude

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #110
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Unfortunately, I doubt you can say the same thing about my pronunciation.

BTW, congrats for your entry in the january contest. I really like the concept. Means a lot thinking about Cap's background.

Last edited by JKKS085; 02-19-2009 at 04:39 AM.
JKKS085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #111
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

thanks, been trying to use the upper body i created for ages, cant for the life of me finish the legs, i just seem unable to do it lol

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #112
Juggertha
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know why you are looking for a fight so hardly.
I can admit when I'm wrong, and in this case, I was clearly wrong. I said it two or three times.
No, you haven't. In fact, you've dodged it a few times and said 'why are people making a big deal out of this?"

If you had really learned what you did wrong, you'd provide credit and links to the people you stole the art from.

Quote:
The problem is that you make yourself a judge and an executionner on that case. And you authorized yourself everything including insults and defamation. You said that I've attacked people I perceive to be attacking me, but that's the only thing you did since the begining of this argument. You didn't even try to explain things calmly, without accusing me or being agressive.
And here it goes again. This is somehow about me being .... an executioner?? How did I try to kill you? What's up with the overly dramatic speech?

You say that I attacked you. Take a good look back at the last page and see what I posted. See my first post.

I asked you to credit the art. You said you didn't need to.

Quote:
And FYI, cause you obviously like counting, all those "you"s where written as the same time as 38 "I"s. On an other hand, the message were I wrote that I was akward about that piece was my 2nd message after I was accused of being a thief. So, my second post was indeed an admission.
You seem a little put off by me calling you a thief.

What else would you call someone who takes something from someone else without asking?

Quote:
Now if I'm not mistaken I've said stop about this subject and stop means stop.
So, because YOU say so, I should stop?

Tell ya what, I'll make this real simple for you. You can either

A. Report me to the admins and have me banned.

or

B. Post credits to the art you took without permission like I asked you to do in the first place.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #113
JKKS085
Side-Kick

If you were doing someting else than thinking about a new agression, you could've noticed that i've deleted this picture yesterday.

There is this message in the original post:

[... I've decided to delete this specific piece due to the fact that it contains some elements made by other artists who didn't gave their permission.
I hope this deletion will avoid some overreactions in the future ...]

But you were obviously to busy looking for a fight to notice that.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #114
Juggertha
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you were doing someting else than thinking about a new agression, you could've noticed that i've deleted this picture yesterday.

There is this message in the original post:

[... I've decided to delete this specific piece due to the fact that it contains some elements made by other artists who didn't gave their permission.
I hope this deletion will avoid some overreactions in the future ...]

But you were obviously to busy looking for a fight to notice that.
You know, you're a pretty funny guy. Somehow, once again, this is my fault. I didn't look back on the previous page and see that you deleted the piece from this thread.

Wow, yeah, that's a HUGE mistake on my part.

Yet the piece is still here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=319651

and this thread has NUMEROUS other pieces by you without credit given.

This continues to reinforce my point - you just don't get it.

I'm not mad at ya. I'm not trying to 'kill' ya. I just find it ridiculous that after all of this you haven't learned - link your sources!

You've got an entire thread here, and a sig that's linked to your blog... yet you haven't bothered to make some effort and give some credit.

Instead, you somehow think that it's this piece http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=319651 that's causing you trouble.

It's not man. It's the fact that you lash out at someone trying to give you some much needed advice.

LINK TO THE SOURCE WHEN YOU'RE TAKING THINGS.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #115
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Juggertha.....calm down. I will look into this...so there is no need to continue posting about it.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #116
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Well you honor I'm trapped.
Will you hang me by the neck right now, or will you cut my hands ?

I've already admited my mistakes. I've also said that I've learned a lot of things during this argument about when you can or can't use pieces made by other artists.

So what's the purpose of your last post ??? Are you looking for a public humiliation ??? That's it.
You've said a lot of true things but you're becoming ridiculous with that kind of doggedness.

I think that everything about the subject is now said and done. We'd better end this here.
OK.....from what I can tell....you ARE using other artist's work and passing it off as your own. Even if you make minor changes....that is a major no-no.

I am currently telling you to make no more posts of artwork on here that you say is yours....until we hear back from EXCELSIOR. He oversees this forum....and I will contact him and see what he wants to do about this. But until he makes a ruling....DO NOT POST ANYMORE OF YOUR MANIPS HERE.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #117
EXCELSIOR
SHH! Administrator
SHH! Administrator

OK gang,

COOL IT!

In the context of the contest, JKKS085 entry would have been disqualified! - Simple as that!

But as I explained in the voting thread - that entry snuck by me in my haste to get the voting thread up - and by the time I caught it and was about to delete it - it had already gotten votes! - So I left it.. My mistake... so heap a bit of your hostility my way if you wish!

But in regards to the images HERE in this thread - they are all manips and are fine - and should be viewed as such!

I have NO objection to any artists making manips, and it's an honor system that you give credit where credit is due - not doing so results in attacks such as this!

SO GUYS PLEASE EASE UP!

I don't want to see anyone quit the Fan Art threads because he got ganged up on over manip'ing!

JKKS085, let me do this - I will re-title this thread "JKKS085-Fan Art MANIPS" - that way anyone visiting will know exactly what to expect!

Manip'ing it NOT new - it's been around for ages, I'm always surprised that the wolves come out when someone is caught doing it!

This the last I want to hear about this - it's over and done!

MOVE ON!!

Available now from Lulu press:
Inner Visions: The Art of Chris Mason
EXCELSIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #118
Mee
2 E's are better than 1

Default Re: JKKS085-Fan Art MANIPS

And the award for most exclamation points in a post goes to...

Mee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #119
jpmuftak
Side-Kick

JKKS085,
I would like to apologize for my heated remarks on the previous page.
When I saw your Captain America art, I was SO impressed, and when I realized that much of what I attributed to you should have been attributed to someone else, I became frustrated. I believe I was a little over zealous in my reaction and think you are a great artist and we are all lucky to see what you have contributed to the fan art forum.

In the words of the great General "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell, "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #120
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Everything's fine. Can understand that

Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #121
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

Ok glad that's over and done with now JKKS085 I would in the future just mention where you got the stuff that's what I do. For instance I saw a Cap on DeviantArt loved it. So I posted it for others to see. We talked about how it could be better I made some changes but still let everyone know the base wasn't mine. I still had someone compliment me personally because they didn't read the post but no one will able to jump my butt either

I Believe in Tim Tebow

Old 02-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #122
JKKS085
Side-Kick

If you look closely at the stuff posted in that thread, you can notice that I'm usually crediting artists when I'm using their work.

Like here for example:

Quote:
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2...merica1oi5.jpg

Credits:
Hawkgirl made by jmc (superherohype)
Batman and Captain Marvel made by supersebas (deviantart)
Wonder Woman by my friend kal-el (team-el)
Or here:

Quote:
Here is a new JLA artwork I made using manips by iskandarsalim (Supergirl/Deviantart), sonLUC (The Question/Deviantart) and the awesome Wonder Woman and Superman pictures made by jmc.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8...artworkij4.jpg
I guess I should've always done this.

BTW I've added 3 missing credits on some old pieces.

I've also decided to stop using "art references" in my manips. For my future works, I'll stay with official material and stock pictures.
Hope it will avoid such arguments.

For those who are still enjoying my stuff ... See you soon in this thread

Last edited by JKKS085; 02-19-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #123
JKKS085
Side-Kick

Back to the primary subject of that thread, here are my last (and already posted) Watchmen manips, both inspired by the "No More Masks" one sheet you can find on the movie's art book. I loved the concept so much that I tried to re-create it, matching with the visual indentity of the last posters.

First of all, the full "No More Masks" poster:

And then, the version with it on a wall and Rorschach watching on the famous riot:

Most of the photos used as portraits on the "No More Masks" poster were taken by Clay Enos and are published in the awesome Watchmen Portraits' book.

I'm really excited by this movie. I'll have the chance to see it on February 25th (so less than a week to wait) and I sincerely hope that Zack Snyder made a good job on it.

Last edited by JKKS085; 02-19-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #124
RAMORE
~The First Avenger~

Sweet good job! I'm stoked by this movie as well.

I Believe in Tim Tebow

Old 02-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #125
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Back to the primary subject of that thread, here are my last (and already posted) Watchmen manips, both inspired by the "No More Masks" one sheet you can find on the movie's art book. I loved the concept so much that I tried to re-create it, matching with the visual indentity of the last posters.

First of all, the full "No More Masks" poster:

And then, the version with it on a wall and Rorschach watching on the famous riot:

Most of the photos used as portraits on the "No More Masks" poster were taken by Clay Enos and are published in the awesome Watchmen Portraits' book.

I'm really excited by this movie. I'll have the chance to see it on February 25th (so less than a week to wait) and I sincerely hope that Zack Snyder made a good job on it.
you lucky ****** how are you seeign it early!!!??? i just watched all the motion comic to get my hyped (more hyped) for it, saw all the watchmen books (portraits etc) at shops last weekend and wish i had money on me at the time....

also cool poster is very nice, you got compositioning down to a tee, something i seem to have trouble with

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★