The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 03-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #251
imaginejim
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who do you want in the sequel? (Picture thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.Steel View Post

Great Picture. I was actually on one briefly during a 6 month deployment in the Med. They are huge. Didn't get to stay on it though. Not many Marines on that thing. Anyways, who exactly is this supposed to be?

imaginejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #252
imaginejim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
No, i'm referring to all the suggestions ppl are making on here about making Shockwave a car.
Do you like the idea of him being a Cybertronian Tank? If not, instead of only bashing other people's suggestions, give us some. That's what we want to hear. What's your idea?

Old 03-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #253
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde X View Post
Bah, that was a stupid conversion anyways, I'm glad it was named Shockblast instead of tarnishing the name Shockwave with that toy.
Agreed.

Quote:
No, i'm referring to all the suggestions ppl are making on here about making Shockwave a car.
Ok now I understand you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginejim View Post
Do you like the idea of him being a Cybertronian Tank? If not, instead of only bashing other people's suggestions, give us some. That's what we want to hear. What's your idea?
Well if you want my opinion I prefer something closer to his G1 mode.In G1 he was a giant ray gun that was largely stationary similar to a gun turret on a fortress.

So I'm thinking a moble Cybertronian cannon or lazor turret.Very slow moving but extremely powerful.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #254
imaginejim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post

Well if you want my opinion I prefer something closer to his G1 mode.In G1 he was a giant ray gun that was largely stationary similar to a gun turret on a fortress.

So I'm thinking a moble Cybertronian cannon or lazor turret.Very slow moving but extremely powerful.
I could see that too. He doesn't have to be mobile at all. That's what his robot form is for. He could transform and man, tear up some serious s**t. Do you, or anyone, know where the manip of him is that was done by one of the posters? It was posted, I believe, in the first Transformer's board and it was absolutely sick. It was only his face, but the person who did it had it down cold. If anyone knows where it is, could they post it again and give credit to the original artist?

Old 03-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #255
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just so everyone knows my stance, and why I keep turning down some ideas, like the firetruck or tow-truck is because just as this movie is adding new robots, it is very possible that the next movie will also add new robots. I don't want to limit possibilities of seeing old favorites because their vehicle mode has been taken. Some, like the sports cars and vans, etc., can easily be changed, but things like a firetruck or a tow truck, etc. are kind of who the charachter is. A lot of the Decepticons are forced to take on new modes either due to their outdated status (a microcasette recorder) or that the writers do not want to get into too much mass shifting (a microcassette recorder or a handgun)(although, wasn't there a little bit of mass shifting with the Allspark there at the end?) so they are forced to change. I think for the most part, they have kept pretty faithful to the charachters, so if the option is there for them to take on their old self, close to their old self, or not step on the form of another autobot that could potentially be in a sequal, they should respect those posibilities. Many times on the cartoon, their alternate form was based on their personality:

From Wikipedia:
"In the original Transformers toy line, Hoist is an Autobotwho functions as a repairman for the team, keeping them to a tight maintenance schedule. Hoist is confident and sometimes rash, brave, tough and loyal. He transforms into a green tow truck."

"Inferno is a fearless Autobot who has a firetruck as his vehicle form. He relishes the attention he gets for saving lives and extinguishing fires any chance he gets, but Inferno's intentions are always noble, though he rarely gets involved in the battles."

"A commander could want no finer a soldier than Ultra Magnus. Despite his incredible fighting skills, courage and unmatched talent for improvisation on the battlefield, Ultra Magnus is most comfortable when carrying out orders, and is naturally uncomfortable if the mantle of leadership should ever find itself placed upon him. Ultra Magnus is armed with missile launchers capable of hitting a target 30 miles away, and transforms into a car carrier able to transport his fellow Autobot troops."

To be fair, though, I don't think guys like Hoist or Inferno are really high on the list of TF's needed to be brought into the film franchise, IMO. That is why I personally wouldn't have a problem if they gave their alt. modes to someone else like Wheeljack who could work as a towtruck or Ultra Magnus as a firetruck.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #256
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

Quote:
Great Picture. I was actually on one briefly during a 6 month deployment in the Med. They are huge. Didn't get to stay on it though. Not many Marines on that thing. Anyways, who exactly is this supposed to be?
cool man. was it a fun ride? looks fun (besides the war part).

To be honest, it wasn't anyone in particular. Bay was just saying about using it in the sequel, in fact i think he wanted it in this one but budgest didn't work out. i think it would be super-cool. but i didn't have anyone in mind.

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #257
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
No where in this thread do you see me 'bashing' ANYONE'S idea. I simply stated that Shockwave should be the one Decepticon that should stay in his Cybertronian mode. It matches the Shockwave mytho and staye true to the character. Just like his comic/cartoon counterpart he could be some form of weapon, or something so incredibly alien, we haven't even thought about it. My point? No earth mode for Shockwave.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #258
imaginejim
Side-Kick

Quote:
No where in this thread do you see me 'bashing' ANYONE'S idea. I simply stated that Shockwave should be the one Decepticon that should stay in his Cybertronian mode. It matches the Shockwave mytho and staye true to the character. Just like his comic/cartoon counterpart he could be some form of weapon, or something so incredibly alien, we haven't even thought about it. My point? No earth mode for Shockwave.

Bashing was the wrong word. My apologies.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #259
imaginejim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.Steel View Post
cool man. was it a fun ride? looks fun (besides the war part).

To be honest, it wasn't anyone in particular. Bay was just saying about using it in the sequel, in fact i think he wanted it in this one but budgest didn't work out. i think it would be super-cool. but i didn't have anyone in mind.
Yeah, we only got to go see it. Us Marines were forced to stay on either an LSD (Landing Ship Dock, not Acid ) or on a Helo-Carrier which is a smaller version of the Aircraft Carrier designed to carry Helocopters. Good times at sea. Luckily I missed all of the war stuff as this was in '98, but we did have a scare and had to traverse the Suez Canal and post out in the Persian Gulf for a few weeks before actually heading home. Great stories....

Old 03-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #260
imaginejim
Side-Kick

Nevermind, here they are. I know this isn't the fan manip page, but since it seems like two of the three most asked about Decepticons are Soundwave and Shockwave, I thought I would post some pics of them from some fans over at Deviant Art. These are not mine and can be found by searching either Soundwave or Shockwave over there......

There are plenty over there, but these are my personal favorites. Oh, and there's a Grimlock thrown in there for good measure....

Shockwave

Soundwave

Grimlock

Old 03-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #261
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

wow these are awesome. where did they come from? are they pure fan-art?

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #262
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

That Grimlock concept looks great.

The word is that there will be heaps of transformers appearing in the next movie, but I suspect that quite a number will be cannon fodder and nameless faces.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #263
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde X View Post
That Grimlock concept looks great.

The word is that there will be heaps of transformers appearing in the next movie, but I suspect that quite a number will be cannon fodder and nameless faces.
Personally, I'm hoping that if that is the case, we get something more than the numerous drones that appeared in the video game. It would give them the oppurtunity to throw in character cameos and namedropping for the fans.