The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #876
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: Post Comic Con - What date would u guess for director/casting announcement?

yea what other cons are their between now and the end of the yr. Or it could just come out of the blue.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #877
\S/uperman
Banned User

Default Re: Post Comic Con - What date would u guess for director/casting announcement?

People are expecting big news this weekend, but I just have my doubts. I think big news will come out when not involved with any comic con going on.

\S/uperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #878
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea now at another con like ny or wonder con is a likely place since they now have gl stuff going on and all that. Or it could be like when the nolan news first broke and be out of the blue. Though i do hope we will have director locked in by sept, and at least maybe a tentative timeframe of when they hope to start filming. So we can then get a good judge on when casting will come in, crew, and studio space being picked and sets starting to go up and all that.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #879
GreenKToo
In the fire

Not sure, it could be tomorrow, or in 6 months.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #880
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Well if we take that december 2012 date as the release, and go by the production of similar films, they need to start filming latest summer/early fall next year. This gives them a year to put the team together which means we should be hearing about the director in the next few months.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #881
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea i said it myself, with a dec/winter 2012 release. They need to have a director locked within within the next 2-4 months, at least start casting officially by oct/nov range. Then to give a good few months for prep work for the film crew and cast. The film would probably be filming in june-aug 2010 range. So if we got a director locked in by sept/oct. it would give them a good solid 7 months for prep and getting all that stuff set and ready to go. Then if we are filming between june-aug filming would only be like 4-5 months long which is the standard length for these things. So Filming would likely be done by oct/nov 2010. So that would then give us at least 10-11 months for post production and promotions for the film.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #882
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Or they could just be waiting for Nolan's inception to make its budget back and cross it, which looks like it will happen very soon (if you go by the reported 160 million) probably after this weekend.

solidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #883
danlav05
Side-Kick

Quote:
yea i said it myself, with a dec/winter 2012 release. They need to have a director locked within within the next 2-4 months, at least start casting officially by oct/nov range. Then to give a good few months for prep work for the film crew and cast. The film would probably be filming in june-aug 2010 range. So if we got a director locked in by sept/oct. it would give them a good solid 7 months for prep and getting all that stuff set and ready to go. Then if we are filming between june-aug filming would only be like 4-5 months long which is the standard length for these things. So Filming would likely be done by oct/nov 2010. So that would then give us at least 10-11 months for post production and promotions for the film.
By Jun-Oct 2010 do you mean 2011?

We're hearing a lot of rumours about John M (sorry can't spell it!)/Jon Hamm/Henry Cavill lately.

Nolan has said countless times in the past he can only work on one project at a time (which is true - its a pain in the bum trying to cast a short film while putting together a 1/2 hour musical - fyi none of these projects have been made!!! ), but if he's not directing, then it may not matter as much.

I think due to the fact that they'd have to shoot within this coming year, we should know who the director is no later than Christmas, and perhaps have a Superman. OK I admit - I'm getting impatient lol

After all - Comic-Con isn't the end of all of it was on July 31 2006 we found out that 'The Dark Knight' was the title. CC this ear I guess was about Green Lantern, anyway theres another one in new York in October.

danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #884
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

oops yea i meant to say 2011 my mistake i typed it fast and didnt relise i made a mistake on yr number. But yea we need to be filming no later then june-aug 2011 if we want filming to be done by nov/dec 2011. So we have roughly 10 months from nov 2011-nov 2012(likely to be time frame the film will be officially in the can for theaters). Also you got to remember chris isnt going to be directing this. so if say his brother is directing or someone else. chris himself may not be around all the time on set. more so if supes if filming any time during batman 3 filmin schedule and all that. So then chris is likely to just be the one to give the ok on things and talk to the director here and there via emails/confrences/phone calls, and probably get to see the dailies footage and all that.

www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #885
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

I'm thinking we'll have a director confirmation somewhere in the September-November range. And I don't think that we'll hear any casting until next year, unfortunately. We haven't even heard when they'll start filming yet.

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #886
GreenKToo
In the fire

My guesstimate is somewhere around july/aug 2011. reason? cain said Batman 3 would start filming in march of next year for a summer of 2012 release.
Supes is supposedly to be released around christmas of 2012.

Its roughly 5 to 6 months difference between the release dates. If they follow how they are supposedly doing Batman 3, that gives them around 15/16 months of production time for superman as well.
That said, it may take longer for superman and they could start sooner.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #887
Comicfan
Side-Kick

Maybe we could hear something at the NYC Comic Con

THE ART OF COMICFAN
Comicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:00 AM   #888
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

We are going to hear something right...... now! .... er .... now ...... uhhhh ..... now .................... damn it .............
(LOL)

Kal-El Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:14 AM   #889
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
Or they could just be waiting for Nolan's inception to make its budget back and cross it, which looks like it will happen very soon (if you go by the reported 160 million) probably after this weekend.
we all know that the budget was bigger and we all know that Inception will not make a big profit.

so what ,it was never made for the money. it was for artistic reasons. and as art it succeed on every level possible.

Inception could bomb and IMO Nolan would still produce sueprman would still direct batman.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:36 AM   #890
Delete
Side-Kick

Inception has made $250 million world wide in less than 3 weeks. If it is not profitable in the end something is wrong.

Delete is offline   Reply With Quote