The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 04-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #101
athena

Default Re: What Iron Man Villains Will You Like To See In The Sequel?

Mandarin + FIN FANG FOOM!!

I dont know why people think this would be silly. FFF isnt a dragon really, just a giant reptiloid alien that looks like one. The Chinese saw these aliens and thought they were dragons. How is that any sillier than Stargate, where the ancient Egyptian gods are aliens?

And the mandarin's rings are not magic -- they are alien technology. (I think maybe thats what they're doing with teh "Crystal Skulls" in the new Indy movie, ie technology that looks like magic.)

Why have even more villains that are just guys in costumes? That's been done already in Spiderman & Batman, over & over. Borriiing. But alien technology that controls alien reptiles, that would be cool and different. Enter the Dragon!!!

Old 04-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #102
Lebeau
Side-Kick

Haha, I'm not so sure about alien technology being more original than a dude in a costume. Mandarin's a very different character too...he's a great villian, and one that will come across brilliantly on film. I like the idea of Fing Fang Foom as well...but I'll still be waving the flag for Ultimo til death.

Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #103
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick

Mandarin in Iron-man 2.
MODOK in Iron-Man 3

Old 05-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #104
Comic_maniac
Hi

i think an iron man vs whiplash battle could be pretty intense

Comic_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #105
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I doubt they'll go the alien route with these movies, but use more sci-fi type stuff. Mandarin's actual rings will more than likely be weapons that he creates himself, and if they did incorporate Fin Fang Foom, it would be some type of bio-experimental creature.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #106
ThatDamnNinja
Side-Kick

I think it's important that we avoid retreads of Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger, which is why I'm wary of Justin Hammer, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo. However, there also has to be a real, physical, palpable threat to Iron Man for the movie to work. Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom should be saved for the final film, so Iron Man 2 is stuck in kind of a jam.

The thing to do, I suppose, is make the whole movie less formulaic and abandon the idea of one singular villain with whom Iron Man will have a final battle with at the end. I think an effective and interesting film can be made of Iron Man's inner battles, the use of some combination of Madame Masque, Beetle, Spymaster, and/or Ghost, and tension that leads to a battle with War Machine, who, though an Iron Man clone, would be more interesting than Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo due to the personal relationship between Stark and Rhodes, and the fact that Rhodes isn't evil.

ThatDamnNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #107
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDamnNinja View Post
I think it's important that we avoid retreads of Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger, which is why I'm wary of Justin Hammer, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo. However, there also has to be a real, physical, palpable threat to Iron Man for the movie to work. Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom should be saved for the final film, so Iron Man 2 is stuck in kind of a jam.
I agree. Though I think they could get away with using one more armored villain. I think they could take a que from the Ultimates and make the Crimson Dynamo Chinese and present him as being the Mandarin's personal enforcer.

Those two would pretty much be my choices for villains in IM2. Then with IM3, bring in Madame Masque and Count Nefaria.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:25 AM   #108
DraXXXen
Side-Kick

I kinda would like to see villains who, while not as powerful as Iron Man, cause problems other ways: Mainly Ghost and Spy-master, sabatoge stark technology leading to factory destruction, and the armor mis-firing and killing an innocent in public view (contracted by Mandarin, once again working as puppet master in the shadows, only casually mentioned).

DraXXXen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #109
SurfDUI
Banned User

Listen to all the thinkers here-
Good thing about Stark is that the similarites between he and Bruce is that they both own large corporations and functions as vigilantes. That makes a dual threat to both enties a good story. Bruce is limited to rooftops though, but IM can travel anywhere, to any of Stark's interests or threats. I agree, Spymaster was always one of my fav's. I don't think Taskmaster has been mentioned, that leads to another organizational threat., Madame masque will make me most giddy, but she can't take down IM, although she can wield a weapon against Tony, and get close enough to use it. Corporate takeovers and inside trading aren't so interesting unless they have an armored hired gun. If he battles nothing but the bottle, that could be explored too. As long as they don't go the SP3/B&R route and introduce half a dozen characters in the next one, it'll be excellent.

SurfDUI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #110
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

well...i think it is possible that obadiah lived..ulness i missed something proving otherwise. perhaps some of the other armoured villians, possibly working for "the ten rings"....titantium-man and the crymson dynamo would be the best in my opinion.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #111
terry78

More than likely any other enemies he encounters will all be under Mandarin's thumb in some way or another. Basically leading up to, "all this **** that's been going on in the world, he's been behind it."

Old 05-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #112
SurfDUI
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: What Iron Man Villains Will You Like To See In The Sequel?

I say go for the throat-
Bring in DOOM, they'd have to anyway by the time IM makes it to #4

Old 05-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #113
terry78

I hope to one day just see one big Marvel heroes vs. villains crossover movie, done in an LOTR style. Just have most of the big names go at it in a giant battle, taking on their respsective villains. The budget would be in the billions, but whatever.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #114
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

^that would be pretty cool....2.5 billion dollar pricetag with less than 1 billion in revenue. LETS DO IT!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #115
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

Radioactive Man

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #116
Armored Avenger
A Wizard is never late...

Hasn't it basically been confirmed by Downey Jr and Favreau that The Mandarin will be the villain of the sequel? In every interview when they mention Iron Man 2, they always say they would like to include The Mandarin.

Armored Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #117
Knightsaber Priss
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceb-Man View Post
MODOK in Iron-Man 3
No no no. For the third movie I'd go with a huge battle royal pitting Ironman and War Machine against most or all of Ironman's battle armored foes, introducing Ezekiel Stane as the new Iron Monger. That would be much more palatable to non comic readers like yours truly. Was this what was called the Armor Wars in the comics?

"I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart." Frodo Baggins - Fellowship of the Rings

I have changed. Things that I once wanted are now but a distant memory forever cloaked in the shadows of the twilight of the past.
Knightsaber Priss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #118
SurfDUI
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Was this what was called the Armor Wars in the comics?
No, Armor Wars he went after his stolen tech from a host of armored super villians, the army and Captian America dressed up as U.S. Agent.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #119
athena

Quote:
I doubt they'll go the alien route with these movies, but use more sci-fi type stuff. Mandarin's actual rings will more than likely be weapons that he creates himself, and if they did incorporate Fin Fang Foom, it would be some type of bio-experimental creature.
That could be pretty cool if the Mandarin created a lifeform to look like a Chinese dragon. Like the villain in SKY CAPTAIN who made his own mutant monsters.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #120
Fletch F Fletch
Banned User

or

or

Fletch F Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:13 AM   #121
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch F Fletch View Post

or

or

the middle one's a red x

Old 05-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #122
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDUI View Post
No, Armor Wars he went after his stolen tech from a host of armored super villians, the army and Captian America dressed up as U.S. Agent.
That seems like too many villains, people were unhappy with 3 villains in Spidey 3, how can you sell that many villains in one movie?

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #123
FaT_tONle
Banned User

I like AIM/MODOK... I get that Titanium Man and Dynamo are retreads along with Hammer but those are still A-list villains. If they just make Mandarin the main guy that's fine as well. But there should definitely be more armor wars.

Last edited by FaT_tONle; 05-06-2008 at 01:23 PM.
FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #124
Fletch F Fletch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dman27 View Post
the middle one's a red x
it was Foom.

Fletch F Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #125
Victarion
Cut

Yeah, I'd like to see old Foom. To build on Terry's idea of the Mandarin bioengineering Foom, I could totally see it. He's of Chinese descent, right? Maybe he could take a que from a tablet on some ancient temple and decide to create a dragon to serve as his minion. Due to their legendary status, controlling such a creature would automatically instill fear and respect in the people of his homeland. Yeah, Mandarin and Foom for Part 3.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote