The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Celebrities

Old 04-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #101
Dark Donnie
Kenny Powers is Back!

Default Re: Wesley Snipe's Get's Three Year's

Hopefully Ving doesn't get thrown in......
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 04-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #102
CorpusBlack
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I don't know how many more times Whistler can comeback from the dead

The prision gaurds are gonna have a real problem on their hands when snipes doesn't get his serum...........
Whistler can come back as many times as they write him back in.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #103
Super_Ludacris
Banned User

Am I the only one who thought it was hilarious and ironic that he tried to offer the judge a $5 million cheque? lol

Ayooo Ninooooo!

Man, Wesley is pure pimpin comedy through and through. Stay up my dude, the world is less of a place without you

Last edited by Super_Ludacris; 04-25-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Super_Ludacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #104
lazur
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSunrise1981 View Post
Truthfully though as rich as he is it would be naive of the government to think he actually handled his own taxes. Celebrities like Michael Jackson, Wesley Snipes, Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Oprah, Tom Cruise, Will Smith, and so forth have so much money that they have agents do their taxes.

So it's possible Wesley may've been a victim of someone else being careless with his taxes and not filing them like he may've trusted them to do.
Umm, I don't care how rich and spoiled you are. There are certain things you have to take ownership over, like your own responsibility to make sure taxes are paid. He's rich and famous, but he is not exempt from looking at his own damned tax returns to make sure it was done. The guy hasn't paid ANY taxes since 1998, and what you're trying to imply is that he 'just didn't know.' BS. I have no sympathy for the guy.

lazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #105
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

He's f'ed.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #106
04nbod
I need to debrief you

that was more than i expected

Old 04-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #107
RickO'Connell
Banned User

The IRS obviously wanted to make an example using Wesley Snipes on other movie stars if they ever got any bright ideas. But Wesley Snipes is able to afford paying them just about check they hand him to avoid this jail time. I give credit to the IRS for not letting him off easy

Last edited by RickO'Connell; 04-25-2008 at 10:45 AM.
RickO'Connell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #108
CorpusBlack
Side-Kick

Where's SuBe dropping a line about how Wesley would be a free man if our country adopted the FairTax?

Old 04-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #109
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

When The Snipes gets out he needs to make a movie about himself in jail.

INT. JAIL-NIGHT

Snipes is laying in bed. He hears his jail cell open. A cop stands with Mr Jack Nelson, the most violent criminal known to man. Nelson only got 5 years for 6 murders but that's beside the point right now. Right now Nelson is handing the cop a 100 dollar bill. Snipes knew he was going to be touched, in ways a man should not be touched.

SNIPES

You ain't taking me to the cleaners, suckas.

Snipes gets up and snaps Nelsons neck like a twig. The Snipes grabs the cop by the ear and takes the 100 dollar bill from his hand. He crumples it up and shoves it down the cops throat. Snipes then elbows the cop in the throat, killing him instantly.

SNIPES

Never mess with a vampire killing, basketball playing, non tax return black man.

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #110
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Yeah, after reading that second article I don't feel sorry for Snipes at all. Hopefully he'll serve his sentance and bounce back after it, but I can't say he doesn't deserve it.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #111
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Dubya lies to the American people about WMD's and thousands of innocent lives are lost in Iraq and he escapes with no penalty.

Lindsay Lohan drives under the influence and is given no punishment.

I definitely feel Wesley should've been given probation or maybe a year in prison at least, however, he can always appeal his sentencing and I'm sure he will. He's rich and I truly doubt he's going to see a day in jail to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Petrelli View Post
Lindsay Lohan does cocaine, gets drunk and goes behind the wheel, she gets a suspended sentence and sent to rehab for a few days

Nicole Richie does prescription pills, gets stoned and drinks, drives on the wrong side of the highway and gets what... 45 minutes in jail?

the American Justice system is disgusting
Exactly! I'm the last one who stands up for celebs but this is ridiculous when it comes to the other things that other celebs/famous for nothing ****s have done.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #112
Super_Ludacris
Banned User

I mean it could have been worse.....

Old dude could have capped him in the dome as he came down the steps of the courthouse.

....and Judd Nelson and Ice T would just be standing there smirking.

Super_Ludacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #113
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Just because of the attrocious results of Lohan and others' crimes, doesn't make this one less. It's good that Snipes got what he deserved. The other girls should have gotten what they deserved also, but since they didn't, that doesn't mean that Snipes shoudn't either. That'd just make the whole celebrity justice system thing worse in my opinion. I hate that Snipes is going to jail for 3 years, but he did the crime and I'm glad he's justly being punished. Hopefully this'll open the door for other celebrities to actually have to pay for their idiotic behaviors.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #114
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Ludacris View Post
I mean it could have been worse.....

Old dude could have capped him in the dome as he came down the steps of the courthouse.

....and Judd Nelson and Ice T would just be standing there smirking.
..and "For the love of Money" could have started playing.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #115
Memphis Slim
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
...over some bulls#$@
It's not B.S.

If I gotta pay my taxes, so should Snipes. It's his money and his fault that he didn't pay attention to his own money....if that's the case.

He a great actor when he's serious. And this is very unfortunate. But celebs shouldn't skate because we like 'em. Since 1998????????

And then he fled over seas to Africa for a while when all this started to surface....that really didn't help his cause.

So ....I hope he can weather this one. I'm sure it will be a "white-collar" prisonand not hardcore place.

Memphis Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #116
Memphis Slim
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
...over some bulls#$@
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!!

Last edited by Memphis Slim; 04-25-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #117
Poeman
Banned User

Dont they know...they cant keep Simon Phoenix is jail for too long

Poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #118
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: Wesley Snipe's Get's Three Year's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazur View Post
Umm, I don't care how rich and spoiled you are. There are certain things you have to take ownership over, like your own responsibility to make sure taxes are paid. He's rich and famous, but he is not exempt from looking at his own damned tax returns to make sure it was done. The guy hasn't paid ANY taxes since 1998, and what you're trying to imply is that he 'just didn't know.' BS. I have no sympathy for the guy.
What I'm saying is he may've trusted his agent to do his taxes. Look, we all know he's rich and a lot of celebrites are rich. Chances are Wesley said to his agent "Remember to do my taxes and I'm trusting you" and left it at that for all we know. Stupid? Yes, simply because one should always know where his/her money is going and if bills are being paid.

But for anyone to think he handles his own taxes is retarded. And where was the government after 1998? You mean to tell me that they waited 10 years to bust him?

And he most likely didn't know. Guys like MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, and so forth often said that when they made money they trusted other people to handle it for them and that's when the trouble started. My point is it wouldn't surprise me if Wesley was a victim of someone else being careless. Then again you are a staunch Bush supporter, so I bet if this happened to him, you'd be defending him now as well. So spare me the holier than thou act Lazur.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #119
Dark Donnie
Kenny Powers is Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Dont they know...they cant keep Simon Phoenix is jail for too long
haha i wonder if he'll get the cryogenic treatment when he's in there.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #120
Memphis Slim
Banned User

Quote:
What I'm saying is he may've trusted his agent to do his taxes. Look, we all know he's rich and a lot of celebrites are rich. Chances are Wesley said to his agent "Remember to do my taxes and I'm trusting you" and left it at that for all we know. Stupid? Yes, simply because one should always know where his/her money is going and if bills are being paid.

But for anyone to think he handles his own taxes is retarded. And where was the government after 1998? You mean to tell me that they waited 10 years to bust him?

And he most likely didn't know. Guys like MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, and so forth often said that when they made money they trusted other people to handle it for them and that's when the trouble started. My point is it wouldn't surprise me if Wesley was a victim of someone else being careless. Then again you are a staunch Bush supporter, so I bet if this happened to him, you'd be defending him now as well. So spare me the holier than thou act Lazur.

I don't handle mine either. I have an accountant. BUT
I have enough sense to know that I still have to sign them. You mean to tell me that snipes thought nothing was strange about that?

And are we to believe that every year ....every April 15th snipes was never inquiring about how much he owed this year or that year??

Naaaaah....

Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #121
jaguarr
Be Your Own Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmill216 View Post
Tax evasion? Tax evasion?! That's it???

You mean to tell me I'm going to miss out on a potential Blade 4 before 2011 just because Wes didn't feel like giving The Man a few more dollas???

To hell with this! There will be blood!
I think the problem is that he was trying to not give The Man ANY dollahs and was pretty defiant and willful about not paying his taxes over the course of several years, and THAT is what got him into trouble. He should thank his lucky stars that the felony charges got dropped and STFU and do his time. Doubtful he'll do all three years anyway.

As for the next installment of Blade, I have a working title:

"Blade IV: Shanked In The Shower"

jag

A VERY Basic Primer To Bodybuilding, Weight Training & Fitnesss
(2nd Edition, New And Improved!)
jaguarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #122
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

The Vampires finally got even with the Daywalker.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #123
jaguarr
Be Your Own Hero

How about "Blade IV: Chained Heat"?

jag

A VERY Basic Primer To Bodybuilding, Weight Training & Fitnesss
(2nd Edition, New And Improved!)
jaguarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #124
Addendum
Banned User

Quote:

Being careless is no excuse for violating the law

Addendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #125
Dark Donnie
Kenny Powers is Back!

Yeah if this was like a one or two year thing ok, but that whole arguement of him not doing his own taxes holds no ground. It went on for what like 6-7 years? Then he even fled to Africa to avoid being jailed.