The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Cybertron

Old 06-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #126
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Default Re: Transformers comics

Spotlight Vol 1 is out of circulation, you would be hard pressed to find it anywhere else, there is an outside chance that IDW might do a reprint like they did with Infiltration but I would hold my breath. My advice if you can get it at a slightly inflated price and you really want it that bad then it's probably worth it.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #127
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I can only get used one's which i'm not too keen on, Any ideas why Spotlight Vol.1 is out of circulation?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:19 AM   #128
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

IDW are constantly trying to find ways of milking the TF comics, there is a new omnibus TPB that has Spotlight Vol 1, Infiltration, Escalation, and Stormbringer. They want to make money off this so they will probably limit the number of TPB to lure people into buying the one big trade paper.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #129
Dragons Claws
Side-Kick

Anyone know how to get hold of the War Within stories without spending a fortune, also, did the story finish. I heard it never because of Draemwave going down the pan but someoneelse said th IDW fnished it off, is this in the TPB?
Also to clear up smething written earlier. The UK G1 comics also featured all the US G1 stories. The UK issued were wely but the US ones monthly so ythe UK also did their own stories witihin the continuity.Later on they started doing most their stories based on the future timeline from the animated movie as the US comicsnever really bothered with these characters so it gave Simon Furman (at the time the UK writer) a bit more freedom.
Some fantastic stories came out only in the UK. If you find them in TPB I advise you buy them, they include In the National Interest, Target 2006, Wanted:Galvatron Dead OR Alive, Space Pirates and Time Wars. The UK stories tended to give a bit more emotion to the characters than the US ones.

Dragons Claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #130
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Claws View Post
Anyone know how to get hold of the War Within stories without spending a fortune, also, did the story finish. I heard it never because of Draemwave going down the pan but someoneelse said th IDW fnished it off, is this in the TPB?
IDW re-released both vol 1 and 2 of War Within TPB although they were never finished off. I believe Simon Furman always intended to conclude this series, but with so many other TF titles in circulation I'm guessing the whole WW series is on the back burner.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 07-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #131
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons Claws View Post
Also to clear up smething written earlier. The UK G1 comics also featured all the US G1 stories. The UK issued were wely but the US ones monthly so ythe UK also did their own stories witihin the continuity.Later on they started doing most their stories based on the future timeline from the animated movie as the US comicsnever really bothered with these characters so it gave Simon Furman (at the time the UK writer) a bit more freedom.
Some fantastic stories came out only in the UK. If you find them in TPB I advise you buy them, they include In the National Interest, Target 2006, Wanted:Galvatron Dead OR Alive, Space Pirates and Time Wars. The UK stories tended to give a bit more emotion to the characters than the US ones.
Thanks i have read Target:2006, but the others i will have to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangarde X View Post
IDW re-released both vol 1 and 2 of War Within TPB although they were never finished off. I believe Simon Furman always intended to conclude this series, but with so many other TF titles in circulation I'm guessing the whole WW series is on the back burner.
You cant get Vol.1 without paying a fortune, he is right, its ridiculous. I got Vol.2 for £15, thats the most i will pay.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #132
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

The future looks promising for TF comics for the next 12 months

Transformers: All Hail Megatron
- 12 issue series that has the Autobots in hiding after the near death of Optimus Prime as the Decepticons begin their push to conquer Earth.
- First issue out as of a few weeks ago
- New character Drift, an Autobot, will be introduced in this series.
- "He's calm, collected but also capable of significant acts of violence. In a nutshell? He's not someone you want to mess with."
- Alt mode is a Nissan Silvia S15, a Japanese drift racing car, will be first IDW design that will be made into a toy by Hasbro.

Transformers: The 13
- Written by Simon Furman.
- Covers the origin of the Transformers race, "really define a big, big part of the whole Transformers mythology/back story. Expect lots of stuff thatís never been definitively, categorically set in stone to be established once and for all..."
- Expected to come out sometime in 2009 as part of the 25th Anniversary of Transformers.
- "Questions that every Trans-fan has always wanted to ask will finally be answered. Plans for the series are still evolving as we speak, just because (perhaps more than ever before) weíre going hand in hand with Hasbro on this one. But Iím not ruling out possible links to whatís happening now."

Transformers: The Reign of Starcream
- Issue three just came out, covers Starscream plans to rebuild the Allspark and lead the Decepticons.
- Soundwave appearance was removed due to his use in the movie (probably didn't want their design to contradict the movie design).

Transformers: Destiny
- Writer is Chris Mowry and art by Alex Milne
- Transformers 2 Prequel ("hopefully") with first issue (of five-part series) coming out December 2008
- "We'll bear witness to the rise of the Decepticons on Cybertron, and the formation of the Autobot resistance. Their history has a strange habit of repeating itself, and we just may see their actions repeated on our planet next. So we'll go way back to the beginning, move forward to the present, then finish up in the near future"

Maximum Dinobots
- Written by Simon Furman
- Focuses on Grimlock and other Dinobots but will also fill in the story gaps that have developed in the line from the various Spotlight issues and the jump from the end of "Devastation" story to "All Hail Megatron."
- Will also feature Scorponok, Machination, Headmasters, Sunstreaker, Hot Rod and others.

Transformers Spotlight: Blurr
- Written by Shane McCarthy
- "Blurr's whole personality in this is built on his ability to travel at remarkable speeds; someone with that ability has the capacity to make life and death decisions in a hundredth of a second. This sounds well and good but it has its downsides too."
- Set before the Great War, on Cybertron, self contained story.

Transformers Spotlight: Cosmos
- Out sometime in 2009
- Covers Ascension and All Hail Megatron story arcs

Transformers Revelation
- Focus on Sideswipe
- Written by Simon Furman, art by EJ Su.

Transformers: Animated
- Five issue mini-series set during the first season that will recap season plot points from a different point of view.
- Each issue will have two stories that will be 11 pages in length each.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 07-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #133
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Pics of Drift on Shane McCarthy's blog: http://www.smactalk.com.au/?p=52

Looks nice.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:54 PM   #134
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

He does look good.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 08-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #135
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Will he be an Autobot, Decepticon, both or neither?

Old 09-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #136
Darthkush
Avenger

Quote:
The future looks promising for TF comics for the next 12 months

Transformers: All Hail Megatron
- 12 issue series that has the Autobots in hiding after the near death of Optimus Prime as the Decepticons begin their push to conquer Earth.
- First issue out as of a few weeks ago
- New character Drift, an Autobot, will be introduced in this series.
- "He's calm, collected but also capable of significant acts of violence. In a nutshell? He's not someone you want to mess with."
- Alt mode is a Nissan Silvia S15, a Japanese drift racing car, will be first IDW design that will be made into a toy by Hasbro.

Transformers: The 13
- Written by Simon Furman.
- Covers the origin of the Transformers race, "really define a big, big part of the whole Transformers mythology/back story. Expect lots of stuff thatís never been definitively, categorically set in stone to be established once and for all..."
- Expected to come out sometime in 2009 as part of the 25th Anniversary of Transformers.
- "Questions that every Trans-fan has always wanted to ask will finally be answered. Plans for the series are still evolving as we speak, just because (perhaps more than ever before) weíre going hand in hand with Hasbro on this one. But Iím not ruling out possible links to whatís happening now."

Transformers: The Reign of Starcream
- Issue three just came out, covers Starscream plans to rebuild the Allspark and lead the Decepticons.
- Soundwave appearance was removed due to his use in the movie (probably didn't want their design to contradict the movie design).

Transformers: Destiny
- Writer is Chris Mowry and art by Alex Milne
- Transformers 2 Prequel ("hopefully") with first issue (of five-part series) coming out December 2008
- "We'll bear witness to the rise of the Decepticons on Cybertron, and the formation of the Autobot resistance. Their history has a strange habit of repeating itself, and we just may see their actions repeated on our planet next. So we'll go way back to the beginning, move forward to the present, then finish up in the near future"

Maximum Dinobots
- Written by Simon Furman
- Focuses on Grimlock and other Dinobots but will also fill in the story gaps that have developed in the line from the various Spotlight issues and the jump from the end of "Devastation" story to "All Hail Megatron."
- Will also feature Scorponok, Machination, Headmasters, Sunstreaker, Hot Rod and others.

Transformers Spotlight: Blurr
- Written by Shane McCarthy
- "Blurr's whole personality in this is built on his ability to travel at remarkable speeds; someone with that ability has the capacity to make life and death decisions in a hundredth of a second. This sounds well and good but it has its downsides too."
- Set before the Great War, on Cybertron, self contained story.

Transformers Spotlight: Cosmos
- Out sometime in 2009
- Covers Ascension and All Hail Megatron story arcs

Transformers Revelation
- Focus on Sideswipe
- Written by Simon Furman, art by EJ Su.

Transformers: Animated
- Five issue mini-series set during the first season that will recap season plot points from a different point of view.
- Each issue will have two stories that will be 11 pages in length each.
which mini's are essential to really enjoy All Hail Megatron. I picked up the first issue of it and was blown away. I have to know how things got to this point. I read all of the dreamwave comics back in the day and got really upset when IDW took up the license as their first couple of offerings were pretty lame. But this, THIS is great. So what mini's let to All Hail Megatron?

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #137
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

All Hail Megatron is a continuation of the main story of IDW's TF's, as far as mini saga's go there are some Spotlight issues that are linked to AHM but not essential. If you really like this new series but have not read any of the new stuff such as Infultration, Escalation, Devastaion, Stormbringer and the Spotlight then I highly recommend getting the Transformers Omnibus. It's a massive Trade Paper with something like 26 issues of the main saga all in order, can't go wrong

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 09-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #138
Darthkush
Avenger

Quote:
All Hail Megatron is a continuation of the main story of IDW's TF's, as far as mini saga's go there are some Spotlight issues that are linked to AHM but not essential. If you really like this new series but have not read any of the new stuff such as Infultration, Escalation, Devastaion, Stormbringer and the Spotlight then I highly recommend getting the Transformers Omnibus. It's a massive Trade Paper with something like 26 issues of the main saga all in order, can't go wrong
hmmm...that sounds good. Thanks

Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #139
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Just ordered Spotlight's Vol.1 and 3, were exactly in the series do they fit in? Already have Vol.2.

Is Vol.1 after Infiltration, Vol.2 after Stormbringer, Vol.3 after Devastation, etc, etc?

Having difficulty getting hold of escalation also, is a re-print in the works does anyone know?

Old 10-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #140
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Just ordered Spotlight's Vol.1 and 3, were exactly in the series do they fit in? Already have Vol.2.

Is Vol.1 after Infiltration, Vol.2 after Stormbringer, Vol.3 after Devastation, etc, etc?
Kind of, Shockwave Spotlight takes place way before anything but it all fits in to the larger story in some way.

Quote:
Having difficulty getting hold of escalation also, is a re-print in the works does anyone know?
There was a short reprint, but I think IDW wanted to push more for Omnibus edition.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 10-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #141
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Kind of, Shockwave Spotlight takes place way before anything but it all fits in to the larger story in some way.
Do you know exactly were the spotlights fit in or is it too complicated to work out?

Quote:
There was a short reprint, but I think IDW wanted to push more for Omnibus edition.
Bummer, I have Infiltration, Stormbringer and Devastation, along with all 3 spotlights, but dont want to read any of them without Escalation, and not forking out again for the omnibus editions.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:22 AM   #142
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Quote:
Do you know exactly were the spotlights fit in or is it too complicated to work out?
They are all over the place, would be to hard to give exact time frames.

Quote:
Bummer, I have Infiltration, Stormbringer and Devastation, along with all 3 spotlights, but dont want to read any of them without Escalation, and not forking out again for the omnibus editions.
That's to bad, just keep trying places like ebay and you might get lucky.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 10-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #143
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
They are all over the place, would be to hard to give exact time frames.
Fair enough, no probs.

Quote:
That's to bad, just keep trying places like ebay and you might get lucky.
Yeah, I'll have to wait and see.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #144
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Just managed to order Escalation tonight, am SO relieved. Still cant get hold of War Within Vol.1 though.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #145
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Just managed to order Escalation tonight, am SO relieved. Still cant get hold of War Within Vol.1 though.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #146
Darthkush
Avenger

I just read all hail megatron 2 and 3 and it continues to amaze. I love the scene where Megatron basically tells Starscream that he really doesn't have ANY problems with the guy, he just thinks he needs to get his head in the game and start acting like an great commander. I think Megatron respects Starscream more than most anyone thinks, it's just Starscream insists on pushing his buttons.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:23 AM   #147
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Yeah, the writers for IDW have created some great angles for the characters.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 11-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #148
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Is all hail Megatron part of the current Infiltration/Escalation/Devestation storyline?

Old 11-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #149
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Yes, it is set in the same continuity, so if you want to continue reading the main plot of the G1 comics you will need to pick this saga up. It would be handy to point out that another new saga, Maximum Dinobots, is also part of the main series and picks up where Shockwave and Grimlock Spotlights left off.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 11-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #150
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

God this is all confusing! Were does Revelations come into it then?