The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man

Old 06-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #51
Psoliagos
Banned User

Default Re: What happened if Iron Man meets Magneto?

a truck against Ironman? Thats the best you can think of? Even if he doesnt destroy it before it hits him, i think that the suit has withstood worst than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Socko View Post
Magneto would destroy Iron Man. Magneto would rip Iron Man in half with the snap of his fingers.

Even if Iron Man used an impermeable suit, Magneto could stop anything Iron Man tries to dish out simply by use his magnetic force fields.

If Magneto couldn't control Iron Man's armor, he'd use his mind to lift the nearest 40 ton 18 wheeler and demolish him with it.

But on the other hand, not even Magneto could defeat Doom. The Doc is the ultimate bad guy.

Psoliagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #52
Zenoxen
Side-Kick

Or Iron Man finds a way to create a non magnetic metal alloy that isolates him from Magneto's powers, of that would be Tony's last fight...(sorry about my english - not native speaker)

Zenoxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:21 AM   #53
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Iron Man would outsmart him, and then defeat him.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #54
DrainLife

This is Magneto, the Master of Magnetism? I don't know what comics he has done them in exactly, but with some of the things he has demonstrated being able to do, the guys nothing short of a badarse. The power of his force shields themselves render Iron Man's struggle against him futile, let alone Magneto going on the offensive. And Mag's isn't a fool. He's got the intellect and expertise to design and build bases inside asteroids. Through he's abilities he can create and influence magnetic, electromagnetic and electrical fields, and can even control paramagnetic non-ferrous metals (such as titanium).

Even if Tony Stark were to make a 100% purely non-ferrous metal suit, that would just inhibit the physical toughness of the suit in question (is he going to make a suit out of aluminum?), in which case Magneto uses that big juicy brain of his and draws on metal in his surroundings. That's if he doesn't take Iron Man out with an electromagnetic pulse. Or just attack him when he's not wearing his suit and kill him with a metal toilet-seat to the head.

I know Iron Man is a cool superhero, but he's just not equipped to take on someone like Magneto without hiding behind the script. He's in the same boat as Wolverine or Ultron. Can't win'em all.

DrainLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:04 AM   #55
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Tony Stark's genius is exactly focused at harnessing Physics forces (magnet, gravity, light, electricity). Repulsor itself is a magnetized beam and once Iron Man pulled Wolverine easily using his magnetic field. Tony knows how to handle magnetic forces and should be able to understand the theoretical science more than Magneto. Space base? Tony Stark has them some above and under without mutant powers.

Believe me, Tony Stark should be one of the hardest opponents Magneto can face because not just he has build a counter in his suit but he understands fully how magnets work. Remember how Magneto fare against Doom? Not exactly a landslide triumph for Magneto. Iron Man is like Doom without the magic.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #56
DrainLife

My point was that Magneto is no stooge, he's has a genius level IQ and has mastered multiple forms of science so whatever Tony's advantage is in the brains-department it is a slim one. This isn't a mutant power of his, it's as natural as Tony Starks, only that he hasn't used it to start a weapons company. As a learned man on physics, Tony would know what Magneto was capable of, and how frightening he can be given that he has control over one of the four foundational interactions of nature. Magneto has directed the course of asteroids, drawn objects from outer space, has hoisted about tens of thousands of tons worth and has (though I haven't read the comic, I'm afraid ) even demonstrated the ability to stop a persons blood flow to their brain.

Tony Stark's technology is impressive, but it isn't a magical wand that allows him to do anything. Even with a 'counter' built into his suit, it's the strength of that counter vs a man who can direct an asteroid in space. Furthermore, Tony Stark is not Doctor Doom, whose primary advantage against Magneto would be his magic - something Tony Stark does not have.

So like I said, though Tony Stark/Iron Man is a respectable force, he couldn't defeat Magneto on his own without a 'the good guys must win' script intervention. His abilities aren't suited for the job.

DrainLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:59 AM   #57
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

The fact is Tony is a super genius in Physics, actually really above what Erik/Magnus can fathom in Physics. Sure Magneto is regarded as a genius and might have the upperhand in social science or philosophy. But Physics is Tony's bread & butter so he would know how to counter or negate magnetic force generated by Magneto, enough time for him to escape or conjure something to down an otherwise very mortal Magneto.

Tony's true superpower is his brain so I think it's fair game for writers to give some sort of hero's initiative for him. Iron Man is a souped-up, scientifically focused Batman coming prepared with a life preserving armor that will make Tony survive the initial encounter and have a rematch with better understanding of the enemy. If Magneto has a more of Bio based attack well perhaps Tony may need to browse wiki first (actually he's not a bad on this but there are better expert), but when it comes to physics based attack IM should understand that sort of thing.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote