The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 09-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #26
Lobo
skip skip skip

Default Re: Does this mean the "Man of Steel" is Official?

IIRC Routh referred to the sequel as MOS in some video interview

Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #27
nintendo nerd
Banned User

Default Re: Superman: Man of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthooper View Post
The funniest thing is the word "anticipated" in the titles of the two forum topics.

Who in the world besides the people who liked it on the board are anticipating a sequel to Superman Returns? The reason there is no movement on a sequel is because the general public doesn't care.

This is not a debate on whether the film was generally liked. I suppose it was. But the fact is, most people don't care. I seriously doubt a sequel will ever happen. So why break up the catagories with spoilers? You can't have spoilers if a script hasn't even been written. The studio head has been quoted that he is lukewarm about a sequel and it may or may not happen. He said he has to see a script with a smaller budget and story he likes. Even then it's no guarantee.

A forum split between spoilers and non-spoilers seems premature.
Yeah, a movie that made almost 400 million WW and people doesn't care.
More than FF ( got a sequel ), BB ( getting a sequel) , Hulk, X - Men ( got a sequel ). Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean people didn't care.

Are you and Buggs the same person? Because you think exactly the same way. If you like something , it means the rest of the world thinks the same way and vice versa. You people seem to think you are really important.

nintendo nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #28
matthooper
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendo nerd View Post
Yeah, a movie that made almost 400 million WW and people doesn't care.
More than FF ( got a sequel ), BB ( getting a sequel) , Hulk, X - Men ( got a sequel ). Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean people didn't care.

Are you and Buggs the same person? Because you think exactly the same way. If you like something , it means the rest of the world thinks the same way and vice versa. You people seem to think you are really important.

Are you joking? I mean you can't be serious. Are you people still deluding yourself about the financial success of the film. It's Superman for heaven's sake. You can't tell me that $200 million domestic was anywhere near what you or anyone expected. $400 worldwide is a joke for a film like this. Godzilla made almost $400 million and that was back in 1998 without adjusting for inflation. If you adjust for inflation it made much more than Superman Returns. You can't tell me anyone like that movie. SR was supposed to do Spider-Man numbers, and that's a fact. They wouldn't have invested so much. It cost $250 million with $75 million in advertising. It made half of what people thought it would make. The fact that people didn't care shows in the poor numbers. The fact that no one cares about a sequel is shown in the studios lack of actually MAKING THE SEQUEL thus far.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding made more money! Almost half of Superman's gross was made in it's opening week, then it died. It means no one cared once they saw it, and word of mouth was poor. Do you understand that my dislike for the film has nothing to do with the poor numbers or lack of interest. Facts are facts.

It's all about expectations. You bring up other films, but their expectations were not as high. Explain how Spider-Man made $420 million domestic and Superman made $200 million domestic and tell me that people cared about Superman. The numbers tell the story plain and simple. Spider-Man wasn't supposed to do as well as it actually did, but people loved it and went back again and again.

You honestly tell me that the public is eagerly awaiting a sequel to Superman Returns and I'll sell you some land on the moon. It's very cheap.

matthooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #29
Arkady Rossovich
Banned User

I'm not sure.Things stil seem pretty shakey to me.

Arkady Rossovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #30
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

I dunno. Some are saying it will be made, others are saying it won't. There is no confirmation on what the situation is on this, so anything is up in the air for now. I rather hear what WB has to say before I consider it dead or alive, unlike some folks around here who act like they know for sure it's dead when WB hasn't said it is for real. Don't believe everything on the Internet, folks.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #31
Angeloz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1977 View Post
I dunno. Some are saying it will be made, others are saying it won't. There is no confirmation on what the situation is on this, so anything is up in the air for now. I rather hear what WB has to say before I consider it dead or alive, unlike some folks around here who act like they know for sure it's dead when WB hasn't said it is for real. Don't believe everything on the Internet, folks.
Says the man on the internet. So by that logic we shouldn't believe you.

By the way I posted this thread around the time this particular forum was opened. And was wondering if it meant anything. But continue to speculate it's what we do here.

Angeloz

Angeloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #32
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Shock Re: Does this mean the "Man of Steel" is Official?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeloz View Post

Says the man on the internet. So by that logic we shouldn't believe you.
Ouch!! You got me there.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 AM   #33
Angeloz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ouch!! You got me there.
Just being logical (and teasing you). Don't worry I like you and I want a sequel.

Angeloz

Old 11-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #34
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Wink Re: Does this mean the "Man of Steel" is Official?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeloz View Post
Just being logical (and teasing you). Don't worry I like you and I want a sequel.

Angeloz
I still hate you thought.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #35
Angeloz
Side-Kick

Quote:
I still hate you thought.
That statement doesn't make logical or grammatical sense.

Angeloz

Old 01-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #36
singer_will_fly

Default Singer Must return!

Would you prefer a McG superman, another smallville, or maybe another X3. Listen Superman Returns is just the begining. Singer has said that the next superman will be his Wrath of Kahn. X2 was much better than X-Men 1. Just give the guy a chance. I trust him, we should all trust him, he loves Supes, and knows how to make good movies. Let's go out there and let the world know that the next Superman MUST be a SINGER/ROUTH Superman. Let's give them a chance, because the alternative is horrifying!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #37
Talbot Luthor

I like Routh to be Man of Steel in a sixth Superman movie

Old 06-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #38
Clark Kent
Superman

Default Re: Singer Must return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer_will_fly View Post
Would you prefer a McG superman, another smallville, or maybe another X3. Listen Superman Returns is just the begining. Singer has said that the next superman will be his Wrath of Kahn. X2 was much better than X-Men 1. Just give the guy a chance. I trust him, we should all trust him, he loves Supes, and knows how to make good movies. Let's go out there and let the world know that the next Superman MUST be a SINGER/ROUTH Superman. Let's give them a chance, because the alternative is horrifying!
He loves Superman by Richard Donner, that's for sure anyway ... kinda.

What particular alternative are you referring to?

Old 06-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #39
Clark Kent
Superman

Quote:
Don't believe everything on the Internet, folks.
But ... but ... but what about IMDb ... and ... and ... and Wikipedia ... you mean they're not always right?! .

Old 06-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #40
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
But ... but ... but what about IMDb ... and ... and ... and Wikipedia ... you mean they're not always right?! .

Wikipedia is somewhat a hit & miss for me. IMDB on the other hand, I wouldn't trust with my left nut.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #41
Clark Kent
Superman

Quote:
Wikipedia is somewhat a hit & miss for me. IMDB on the other hand, I wouldn't trust with my left nut.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #42
smoothbody
Shia is Spiderman

sorry but superman needs a reboot like hulk did!! the only thing that should be kept is routh,maybe!!this should be the cast

Lex Luthor=Denzel Washington

Lois Lane=Ann Hathaway

general zod=Michael day lewis

Ursa=kate Beckinsale

and if a new supes is needed BRANDON FRAZIER would be perfect!!

smoothbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #43
TheBatman1979
Side-Kick

All I have heard is conjecture on this film. I have heard that there is some turmoil over The fact that Superman Returns did make box office bank like they had hoped and green lighting this film is high risk. The other thing I'm hearing is that the WB only wants to put 80 to 100 million into a new superman movie and they don't want a film with a long run time, lowering the risk factor for themselves. Of course this is all hearsay, but it does make sense. Of course the summit meeting between the WB and DC heads may make this film more aof a priority depending upon how those meetings go.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:06 AM   #44
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothbody View Post
sorry but superman needs a reboot like hulk did!! the only thing that should be kept is routh,maybe!!this should be the cast

Lex Luthor=Denzel Washington

Lois Lane=Ann Hathaway

general zod=Michael day lewis

Ursa=kate Beckinsale

and if a new supes is needed BRANDON FRAZIER would be perfect!!
Anne Hathaway

Daniel Day-Lewis

Brendan Fraser

At least get the names right.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote