The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Would you want to see a Legion movie?
Yes, A legion movie could work and I want to see it. 14 66.67%
No, A legion movie could not work. 3 14.29%
A Legion movie could work but I don't want to see it. 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Default Could a Legion movie work?

With all the uncertainty as to the future of this francise such as rebooting the francise or continuing with Singer's story or even dropping it in favor of Justice League, there has been a lot of controversy involving all ideas. However could a Legion of Superheroes movie work? Is that a possible route? They could show a young Kent in Smallville as he would then be approached by these heroes from the future as he chooses to join the group to help them defeat a threat as he develops his powers already realizing what he is capable of doing. Its just a thought. It does not have to interfere with any of the other movies as Clark would return to his own time and continue from there. Anyway I thought it could make an interesting discussion, what do you all think? The emphasis would be on a younger Superboy as oppose to Singer or any possible Justice League where he is a bit older.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
I am a Guthrie
Side-Kick

Default Re: Could a Legion movie work?

i would love to see a legion movie and i love your idea kinda like the episode from the superman animated series. good call spiderine

I am a Guthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
Lane & Kent
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderine View Post
With all the uncertainty as to the future of this francise such as rebooting the francise or continuing with Singer's story or even dropping it in favor of Justice League, there has been a lot of controversy involving all ideas. However could a Legion of Superheroes movie work? Is that a possible route? They could show a young Kent in Smallville as he would then be approached by these heroes from the future as he chooses to join the group to help them defeat a threat as he develops his powers already realizing what he is capable of doing. Its just a thought. It does not have to interfere with any of the other movies as Clark would return to his own time and continue from there. Anyway I thought it could make an interesting discussion, what do you all think? The emphasis would be on a younger Superboy as oppose to Singer or any possible Justice League where he is a bit older.
I would love to see a Legion movie, and your idea is GREAT!.

Lane & Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #4
I am a Guthrie
Side-Kick

i think i wanna dust off my old sketch book at get some concepts down for this because i really like the idea

I am a Guthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Guthrie View Post
i would love to see a legion movie and i love your idea kinda like the episode from the superman animated series. good call spiderine
Thanks...its just a thought. I just think it is a different approach for Supes and maybe a way to reinvent him. Not quite on a scale of the Justice League but definitely puts Superman front and center.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
ChickenScratch
Banned User

It's a really good way to go. Maybe even become it's own franchise existing alongside the Routh Superman.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:22 AM   #7
dnno1
Side-Kick

It needs some time to create a fan base. This group was carried by then Superboy and now Supergirl. This would be a good way to get a Supergirl movie with an ensemble cast. It could be good.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #8
Nokio
Side-Kick

The LSH doesn't even need to involve Supes or Supergirl. I saw the previews for the upcoming LSH new season and it's involves Superman of that era or a future Superman, so it won't be Kal-el. That I can deal with, and I think it's better to use a new superman. I just don't want to get in that time travel mess. The comic was one that I enjoyed in the 90's. I think it has a huge cast like the xmen, so everyone's not going to be featured. The problem is will WB invest the money to make a LSH film? I'd imagine it would be costly if done with the proper justice. You're dealing with aliens with superpowers and space travel, all of them fly, the futuristic landscapes and technology. I doubt a LSH will ever be done. Also all of the heroes are teens, so not much Alist star power is going to really help sale the movie unless an Alister is used as the villian. Maybe Shia can help, he seems to be a bankable young star that can pass for a teen easily.

Nokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #9
Lane & Kent
Side-Kick

Jonathan Bennett would makr a good young Clark Kent in a live action Legion movie.

Lane & Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
andrewtheking

i would watch this

andrewtheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #11
Franny
Side-Kick

Can't even think about it' still hoping that at least we get a Justice League feature. Admire your imagination though. Good luck with thread.

Franny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

I could definitely see a Legion movie working, and Hollywood wanting one. Considering the success of Harry Potter an Hunger Games and Ender's Game coming out, I'm sure they are looking for any property that might be about tween to early 20s characters in a sci-fi/fantasy environment

SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote