The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 11-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #76
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: Wolverine: Casting News & possible new pic.

Karl Urban is busy with Star Trek, which started earlier this month. Usually, it takes about..roughly 3-4 months for the actual shoot, so it's doubtful that he'll commit to 'Wolverine'.

Maybe he WAS considered at one time, but not now.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #77
Octoberist
point blank

BTW, I'm not the type of a guy who has 'sources' or has 'friend of a friend who has a cousin who read the script'.

Not like that at all.

However, I did from a friend of mine about Gambit...(who is supposedly in the latest and final draft). Makes no sense to have in there (being it's in the past, not now) but we'll see.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:48 AM   #78
MrSinisterX3
Side-Kick

Name your source!!!

MrSinisterX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #79
narrows101
Side-Kick

*moved*

Last edited by narrows101; 12-07-2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Moved to Young Logan thread
narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:37 AM   #80
narrows101
Side-Kick

Here's another rumor:

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=12824
Quote:

WOLVERINE GETS HIS COMIC RELIEF
By Devin Faraci

Two pieces of Wolverine news in one day! As you may know, the script for X-Men Origins: Wolverine* got a last minute pre-strike workover. I don't know of anyone who has been able to get their hands on the latest draft, which means that we don't know what changes have been made from David Benioff's work. We do know that the film is a prequel, and that it involves Wolverine's early career with Weapon X, when he got his admantium skeleton. And we know that some familiar Weapon X names will show up, including Sabretooth, who may be played by Gerard Butler if director Gavin Hood gets his way.

Now a trusted informant has told me that another familiar character will be showing up in the movie - none other than the merc with a mouth, Deadpool. In the comics Deadpool got his start in Weapon X, so it makes sense that he'd show up here. And we've been hearing rumors that Marvel is going for more movie continuity, with a scene being shot to link Incredible Hulk and Iron Man, so why not start Deadpool off here before spinning him into his own film, which David Goyer has been talking up for ages? And how exciting is it to see a second generation spin-off in the movies? The Deadpool movie could be the Good Times to Wolverine's Maude, which spun off from X-Men's All in the Family.

Fan (and Goyer) casting has had Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool forever. Now that it looks less and less likely that Reynolds will be playing The Flash in anything anytime soon, could this be his superhero franchise?

* Can't you just picture the ****ty Top Cow clone cover for this?

Old 12-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #81
neemer5
Side-Kick

Man, does Hugh need a tan!

neemer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #82
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemer5 View Post
Man, does Hugh need a tan!
Obviously you haven't seen his beach pictures from the past few months! The latest from a few weeks ago:

Old 12-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #83
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

OH NO PLEASE, not Deadpool!!!!
But it's just a rumour, right? It won't happen. I know it won't...

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:19 AM   #84
merbass
Side-Kick

I'm sorry Loganbabe but he is right there alongside agent zero

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:21 AM   #85
Advanced Dark
Banned User

I'd love to see Deadpool in there. There's no reason they can't fit him into a script somehow. This is the movie franchise and it's not feasible for them to try to follow the comic's timeline to develope other franchises since these films are years apart. Ryan Reynolds would be cool.

Advanced Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:40 AM   #86
Savage
Earth Rocker

DEADPOOOOL!!!

Man do I hope this turns out to be true.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #87
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Arrow Re: Wolverine: Casting News & possible new pic.

Deadpool is the only good thing Rob Liefeld has ever done. And I only ever liked the character when written by Joe Kelly. If Wade were to come to the big screen, I'd want Will Arnett for the role.

But isn't the Deadpool movie licence owned by New Line?

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:56 AM   #88
Legion
Side-Kick

I think having Deadpool in the movie could be cool...but I don't recall him ever having a direct relationship to Wolverine.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #89
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Jack View Post
Deadpool is the only good thing Rob Liefeld has ever done. And I only ever liked the character when written by Joe Kelly. If Wade were to come to the big screen, I'd want Will Arnett for the role.

But isn't the Deadpool movie licence owned by New Line?
Hey, Will Arnett as Deadpool! Fantastic idea! And here I was thinking he should play Guy Gardner in a Green Lantern movie. Deadpool is even better.

And I'm sure New Line's rights to the character expired ages ago.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 12-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #90
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
I think having Deadpool in the movie could be cool...but I don't recall him ever having a direct relationship to Wolverine.
I believe Deadpool got his powers from Wolverine's DNA.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #91
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Arrow Re: Wolverine: Casting News & possible new pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
As Savage said, Deadpool got his powers from Wolverine. And they have met many times over the years. Deadpool was part of Weapon X, he just came later than Logan. It's not hard to work him into the movie.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #92
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Jack View Post
As Savage said, Deadpool got his powers from Wolverine. And they have met many times over the years. Deadpool was part of Weapon X, he just came later than Logan. It's not hard to work him into the movie.
Right so Wolverine should be in Deadpool's origin movie and not the other way around. So if he appears in this movie, he may have a different origin than in the comics.

Like I'm not hating on the idea of him being in it, I just want a great movie with a great story and characters.

I have a little fear that movie will get crammed with too many characters, there won't be any development and Deadpool will be like Elektra in Daredevil. They are just sticking him in so they can make another spinoff.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #93
Savage
Earth Rocker

You know what? You're right. If they do put him in then chances are it's in the hopes of spinning him off. But hey, I'm such a Deadpool fan that I don't give a crap.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #94
Advanced Dark
Banned User

I think for some reason though Deadpool is NOT in the portfolio of X-Men rights Fox has right now. I think Marvel held it out like the held Morbius out of the Spider-Man deal with Sony.

Advanced Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #95
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

I don't see how Deadpool can fit in a movie like "Wolverine", unless they want to turn the film from "action/drama" to "comedy".

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #96
Savage
Earth Rocker

Or a Wolverine movie can actually have a humorous character in it and not be an entirely depressing chain of events.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:24 AM   #97
R0rschach
Side-Kick

I'd rather see an action/adventure with a bit of drama/comedy.

R0rschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:51 AM   #98
Savage
Earth Rocker

Well I guess the word that I was looking for was comic relief. The X-men movies had their funny moments so I don't see why a Wolverine movie wouldn't be without it. Give deadpool a few wisecracks here and there, make him come off really selfish and sarcastic and you're pretty much good to go. It's pretty much why I like the Will Arnett idea so much. Just hearing Gob Bluth underneath that mask would be awesome. Just replace "Michael" with "Logan" and you're good to go.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #99
Johnny Israel
Provider of Awesome

While Im all for the comedic aspect DP brings to the wolverine film. He is one of the best fighters out there. So there could be the potential to have at least fricken bad ass fight involving Deadpool. I say bring it on.

Johnny Israel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #100
Retroman
Side-Kick

I'm all for a Deadpool appearance and i think Ryan Reynolds would be a good choice for the role.

A small casting bit from Screenwise (Australia's Leading Film & Television School For Actors)....

Quote:

Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg's 12 month drama series 'The Pacific' s already underway, auditions for 'Wolverine' are currently taking place, and auditions have now commenced for the American Pilot Season, which will continue throughout December and January, and an authentic standard American accent is a must. Screenwise offers the best American Dialect course in the country. So get in quick and give yourself that edge!

AMERICAN DIALECT! DONT RELY ON YOUR EAR!

Uniquely designed to give the actor that edge when auditioning for American Film and TV Productions, SCREENWISE has designed an extraordinary workshop incorporating phonetics and camera.

Two hours per class, one class per week for 6 weeks

Tutored by KATHERINE HOPWOOD POULSEN

Commencing: Thurs 24th Jan 2008
Concludes: Thurs 28th Feb 2008

Cost: $455

Actors will learn phonetics and work in front of the camera doing monologues and scene work with other actors, Acting and reacting in standard American dialect. Standard American is the most popular when it comes to our overseas productions, so this workshop works exclusively on Standard American. Should you wish to record your progress please bring along a recordable DVD.
Source:http://www.screenwise.com.au/index.p...merican_accent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Dark View Post
I think for some reason though Deadpool is NOT in the portfolio of X-Men rights Fox has right now. I think Marvel held it out like the held Morbius out of the Spider-Man deal with Sony.
Hmm maybe Fox bought the Deadpool character recently?