The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #101
Superhero 101
DESI

Default Re: Wolverine: Casting News & possible new pic.

Man I don't see Deadpool in a serious film like Wolverine i mean.. Wolverine is supposed to be a dark and violent film right? And all of a sudden you just have deadpool just making jokes and stuff? I would hope Deadpool be a serious character in the film. And Gerard Butler as Sabertooth? I guess i could live with it.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #102
Savage
Earth Rocker

Butler might not be happening, apparently and Deadpool, if his role is kept to a minimum, can work out just fine.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:36 AM   #103
narrows101
Side-Kick

Here's another rumor - picture attached. Another Australian.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200712...wolverine.html

Quote:
Clark in talks for Wolverine

Christian Clark is in talks to join Hugh Jackman for the tentpoler “X-Men Origins : Wolverine”, Moviehole was informed today.

Clark, who recently shot the George Miller-directed horror pic “Prey” opposite Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Jesse Johnson, is a rather in-demand actor right now it seems - he’s also just been snapped up to star in John V. Soto’s indie-thriller ''Crush''.

Clark, who also played Will Grigg’s on TVs “Neighbours”, would jet to Sydney early next year to shoot the “X-Men” spin-off.

In “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”, directed by Gavin Hood, Logan takes his search even further by learning the full truth of his origin, while also heading in a bold, new direction. The film will also star Live Schrieber as Wolvie’s nemesis, William Stryker.

narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #104
narrows101
Side-Kick

Another interesting tidbit:

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_13691.html

Quote:
Wolverine Movie Casting Updates
Posted By: PuppetMaster / Source
Filed Under : comic , sequel , action

Ok this is very confusing. The very good folks at CHUD reported that Gerard Butler would be starring in the upcoming Wolverine movie. We then had our very own Sheila Roberts ask Gerard Butler about it at a press conference and he completely denied the rumor ( Gerard not playing Sabretooth ). Now according to 20th Century Fox casting notes he is listed as starring along side Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber. How interesting. Looks like CHUD might have been right I am surprised Gerard denied it though. Lets see where this one goes.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #105
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
That's fine...I'm down if that's the case.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #106
Advanced Dark
Banned User

More casting news:

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200712...wolverine.html

Advanced Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #107
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Dark View Post
Take a peek three posts up.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #108
Advanced Dark
Banned User

Damn you Narowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssss! LOL You edited your post or something. I looked! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Advanced Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #109
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Dark View Post
Damn you Narowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssss! LOL You edited your post or something. I looked! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Hehehehe - no I didn't!!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #110
Savage
Earth Rocker

Huh. I'd buy Butler as Maverick much easier than I would Sabretooth.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 12-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #111
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Arrow Re: Wolverine: Casting News & possible new pic.

I wonder what the chances of Maverick actually being played as a German in this are.

I want Mastodon in this as well, just to fully round out Team X. Someone like Danny Trejo would be amazing as Mastodon.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #112
FrostBite
Behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
Man I don't see Deadpool in a serious film like Wolverine i mean.. Wolverine is supposed to be a dark and violent film right? And all of a sudden you just have deadpool just making jokes and stuff? I would hope Deadpool be a serious character in the film. And Gerard Butler as Sabertooth? I guess i could live with it.
If they ruin this, if they F*** up Deadpool by making him serious... I swear... Fox will never get a dime of my money for Superhero movies ever again. I've already had to live with companies ruining funny characters (Spider-man) to make it more serious for people. I'm sick of it. They don't have to follow these characters step by step, but the whole "angst" angle is wearing very thin for me.

Unfortunately I am more than sure people like you clamoring for dark and serious in most movies is going to push them to do that. You can have a Dark movie, with a funny character.

He doesn't have to break the fourth wall, he doesn't have to go completely crazy, but hopefully he's funny in SOME way.

FrostBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #113
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBite View Post
I've already had to live with companies ruining funny characters (Spider-man) to make it more serious for people. I'm sick of it.
Was Peter's dancing in Spider-Man 3 too serious for you?

Quote:
He doesn't have to break the fourth wall, he doesn't have to go completely crazy, but hopefully he's funny in SOME way.
Yeah, that's all I think you can really want, personality-wise, as a Deadpool fan. If Wolverine is indeed a set-up for a Deadpool solo movie, then those elements could come in at that point; but in Wolverine, would probably out of place.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #114
FrostBite
Behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Jack View Post
Was Peter's dancing in Spider-Man 3 too serious for you?

Yeah, that's all I think you can really want, personality-wise, as a Deadpool fan. If Wolverine is indeed a set-up for a Deadpool solo movie, then those elements could come in at that point; but in Wolverine, would probably out of place.
No, it was just stupid though. Where were my quick-witted remarks? All I got that I can remember is in the first movie "Hey kiddo, why don't you let mom and dad talk?" for the rest of every other film he was sooo freaking mopey. I can understand it.. and heck one movie could use the mopeyness, but towards the end I was just getting sick of it.

Well, I understand it's a serious movie... so I would rather him just say some funny things, or some sarcastic things, and thing that can at least make me go "heh" if he's serious... ugh.. I don't think everyone in the film needs to be super stereotypically serious, as every movie is doing.

Heck even Wolvie had some nice humor in X-1 with his middle finger claw etc.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #115
the a1ant
Awesome

Funny if Butler is cast and doesn't even know it. "I'm what???".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
Huh. I'd buy Butler as Maverick much easier than I would Sabretooth.
I would too. And maybe that'll be the case if he's in the film?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #116
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Quote:
Well, I understand it's a serious movie... so I would rather him just say some funny things, or some sarcastic things, and thing that can at least make me go "heh" if he's serious... ugh.. I don't think everyone in the film needs to be super stereotypically serious, as every movie is doing.

I don't doubt it, and I was agreeing with you earlier. I hope Deadpool can bring the humour in a movie which will probably be otherwise free of it. It could be a negative to have too much of a tonal shift when Deadpool is on screen though, so hopefully the balance is found.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:35 AM   #117
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
No, it was just stupid though. Where were my quick-witted remarks? All I got that I can remember is in the first movie "Hey kiddo, why don't you let mom and dad talk?" for the rest of every other film he was sooo freaking mopey. I can understand it.. and heck one movie could use the mopeyness, but towards the end I was just getting sick of it.
Couldn't agree with you more. I was so tired of mopey/emo/dark/miserable Spidey by the second movie that I didn't even bother to watch the third one. It was like he was turning into a different kind of character.
I think it's a problem these days, comic characters and everything about them have to be SO serious. It bothered me in the last Batman movie too. It was like "Oh yeah, they've made all those colorful, silly Batman movies, let's show them how dark and serious the man really is. Batman is serious, people! Pay attention, he's SO serious!"; but sometimes too much seriousness can turn into a joke.
That said...

Quote:
Again I agree. I have nothing against a bit of fun in a movie like Wolverine. Actually, I loved Logan's sarcastic lines, as when he answers Bobby's parents in X2, or scenes like the cat one, or in the mansion's kitchen with Bobby. I always thought that Logan has some kind of black, sarcastic sense of humor that I think would fit the movie nicely.
Now, my problem isn't the humor, my problem is a Deadpool-style humor. I find the character annoying as hell with his non-stop "clever" remarks. I don't find him funny at all, not even an interesting character. Really, I would hate to see him in "Wolverine".

Quote:
That was a great scene, and there were other "grumpy/sarcastic Logan" funny moments in the trilogy too. Sometimes just seeing the grumpy look on his face would make me laugh!

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #118
WeaponXProject
Triple bladed shave.

Quote:
If they ruin this, if they F*** up Deadpool by making him serious... I swear... Fox will never get a dime of my money for Superhero movies ever again. I've already had to live with companies ruining funny characters (Spider-man) to make it more serious for people. I'm sick of it. They don't have to follow these characters step by step, but the whole "angst" angle is wearing very thin for me.

Unfortunately I am more than sure people like you clamoring for dark and serious in most movies is going to push them to do that. You can have a Dark movie, with a funny character.

Dude, I completely agree. If they mess up Deadpool by making him dry, quiet and serious I will cry myself to sleep. They already butchered Venom, now what?

In space, no one can hear you scream.

The Forever War
WeaponXProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #119
FrostBite
Behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
Couldn't agree with you more. I was so tired of mopey/emo/dark/miserable Spidey by the second movie that I didn't even bother to watch the third one. It was like he was turning into a different kind of character.
I think it's a problem these days, comic characters and everything about them have to be SO serious. It bothered me in the last Batman movie too. It was like "Oh yeah, they've made all those colorful, silly Batman movies, let's show them how dark and serious the man really is. Batman is serious, people! Pay attention, he's SO serious!"; but sometimes too much seriousness can turn into a joke.
That said...

Again I agree. I have nothing against a bit of fun in a movie like Wolverine. Actually, I loved Logan's sarcastic lines, as when he answers Bobby's parents in X2, or scenes like the cat one, or in the mansion's kitchen with Bobby. I always thought that Logan has some kind of black, sarcastic sense of humor that I think would fit the movie nicely.
Now, my problem isn't the humor, my problem is a Deadpool-style humor. I find the character annoying as hell with his non-stop "clever" remarks. I don't find him funny at all, not even an interesting character. Really, I would hate to see him in "Wolverine".

That was a great scene, and there were other "grumpy/sarcastic Logan" funny moments in the trilogy too. Sometimes just seeing the grumpy look on his face would make me laugh!
Well, I am a very weird man, so I love Deadpools crazy off the wall humor. "Speaking of fighting, you ever played street fighter? I gotta move from it to show ya! SHRYOUKEN! -uppercuts kat- -sees wolverine- come on! aren't you gonna Snikt me!? Snikt me!!"

Now, I can understand why they wouldn't want that kind of humor in it, which is why I am saying change his humor you can keep him weird and funny without being THAT weird.

But if they just made him into this whole "I am an agent... I was experimented on just like you Logan.... my past haunts me... all I have left... is to fight..." bull crap I see in everything else, I'll walk out of the theater lol.

Last edited by FrostBite; 12-14-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:09 AM   #120
Savage
Earth Rocker

Agreed.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:50 AM   #121
Mister Sinister
Picture of Paul McCartney

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...wolverine.html

Bit of news.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #122
R0rschach
Side-Kick

Nice ^^

R0rschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #123
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13252

Quote:
SCHREIBER TO SHRED WOLVERINE

Remember the rumors that Liev Schreiber was going to play Young Stryker in X-Men Origins: Wolverine? They're not true. Oh, Liev is in the movie. It's just that he's playing... Creed. Yes, one of my favorite actors of today is playing Sabretooth.

This is the real deal, received from multiple sources, none of whom have ever led me astray. On the one hand I do have to say that Liev is not terribly Cox-ian (Brian Cox originated the role), so I was always skeptical on him as Stryker, but on the other hand Creed has never been one of the more electrifying characters in comics. Beyond his ability to have fights with Wolverine wherein they would disembowel each other on the regular, that is (due to Creed also having a healing factor). But when you have a real director on the movie like Gavin Hood, and he casts a real actor like Liev Schreiber in the role... well, how can you not be at least intrigued?

So who is playing Stryker? Nobody is set yet, but the producers are darkly dreaming Dexter, if you get what I mean. Meanwhile the rest of the cast is still in formation, which means that the producers are hunting folks down - one of the names that's on the top of their list is Michelle Monaghan for Silver Fox. I've heard a lot of names attached to this one over the weeks - and reported some of them - and I know that there's another high powered actress that's on the list as well, so nothing is set in stone. But as I always say, the casting wish lists tell you a lot about what the filmmakers are striving for, and a Wolverine movie featuring Michael C Hall, Liev Schreiber and Michelle Monaghan is a damn well cast Wolverine movie.

Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #124
cable2x

Michelle Monaghan for Silver Fox? I thought Silver Fox was Native American? Oh right, I just read the Silver Fox profile on the Marvel website and she is Native American, but has blue eyes, so might as well cast a white woman to play her. Guess we can't have an ethnic superhero without blue eyes. *coughstormcough*

Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #125
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

mmmmm michelle monaghan

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote