The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: What do YOU want next on the big screen for Superman?
Superman: Man Of Steel (i.e the sequel to SR) 66 32.35%
A Justice League Movie with Superman in it 6 2.94%
A Superman re-boot/re-start with new cast/crew, etc. 64 31.37%
Both MOS AND a JL movie. 24 11.76%
Both a re-boot/re-start and a JL movie. 34 16.67%
Non of the above. Something else. 10 4.90%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2006, 01:48 AM   #76
hypeSUPERMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: My Superman 2- plot, cast, release date, marketing, everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmanx68
Brainiac would have fit in seemlessly with Superman Returns and Lex's plan. Actually if it was Brainiac's plan that he teamed up with Lex for it would have made a lot more sense. Less of a get rich quick scheme and more of a god-like alien intelligence wanting to own this planet. Superman Returns with Brainiac basically writes itself, it sucks really bad that Singer made a boring movie. Some of you guys have no vision... you CAN make an action packed movie with good, SMART action and still have all the drama and emotional content you could ever want... ESPECIALLY with a movie. Singer chose to take the not so exciting part of Superman and focus exclusively on it.
If you don't like Superman Returns you just aren't mature enough for it. It has more emotional depth than any superhero film ever made. I'd much rather Superman Returns than another forgettable X-men/Spiderman film.

hypeSUPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:43 AM   #77
The Kid
AMERICA FTW

I want Robert Zemeckis to be the director for a new Superman that's not a vague sequel. He'd capture the fun spirit of the comic perfectly but make a serious drama too. Imagine not falling asleep. That's what I'd love for supes.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #78
Klor-El

Bryan Singer WILL be directing the next Superman sequel. Yes, the first film was a tad bit slow but remmeber so was X-Men - and then X-men 2 was even better! Singer always starts the first film slowely as a way to establish the characters and then hit us with the all-action sequels, so the next superman film will be awesome.

Plot for the next film will feature Brainac. Basically, there is still some reminisce of kryptonian technology left on earth after Lex tried to use it for his own ends in Supes returns. It turns out that the crystals left on earth have some artifical intelligence in them - a type of CPU.. called - Brainiac!

Old 09-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #79
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: My Superman 2- plot, cast, release date, marketing, everything

Here's how I see it happening:

In deep space, a small probe has been monotoring transmitions from Earth. It picks up on news reports on the strange hapening with Lex's "New Krypton," and thus heads to Earth to Investigate.

On Earth, Clark is dealing as best he can with Lois' relationship with Richard. Jimmy starts to pick up on the fact that Clark has feelings for Lois, and does his best to brighten his spirits through various acts of male bonding. Meanwhile, Clark learns that during his absense, an armored vigilante with his cape and \S/ sheild had taken up defending Metropolis' Suicide Slum, who has been dubbed Man of Steel (later simply shortened to Steel) by the press. Superman investigates, and finds that the man is John Henry Irons, a former military scientist who took up the role of Metropolis' defender after Supes disapeared.

The probe now lands on Earth, and is found by a carnival preformer and self proclaimed psychic named Milton Fine. The probe latches onto Fine, killing him, and takes control of his body. It amplifies Fine's meager psychic abilities to vast levels and takes his stage name, Brainiac, as it's own. Brainiac then sets out to preform the task it was programmed for centuries ago by a civilization that has long since ceased to be as Brainiac remembers it: To aquire all knowledge and technology of Earth, and then pacify and conquer it in the name of order. It realizes that Superman and Lex Luthor both pose major threats to it's goal, so it sets plans in motion to eliminate them both.

First, it locates Luthor on the Island where we last saw him, and "pacifies" him (in essence, removing all traces of free will and making him into Brainiac's puppet). He and Zombie-Luthor head back to America. Brainiac, speaking for Luthor, contacts two cirminals: John Corben, a Harvard graduate and mod enforcer, and Rudy Jones, a blue collar thug and wanted theif and murderer. They are led to believe that Luthor is creating a major criminal organization, and needs legmen. Brainiac turns Corben into a cyborg with vast super strength and a Kryptonite heart, his metal body forged from a nigh indestructible alloy from Brainiac's homeworld called Metallo. Jones is biologically altered, given the ability to absorb almost all forms of energy directed at him and convert them into power, thus making him a sort of energy Parasite. The main side effects are that he looses all hair and his skin and eyes turn purple.

Metallo and The Parasite and then sent on a rash of burgularies, stealing mostly high tech electronic equipment. At first, Superman thinks that they are mere theives, but upon confronting them is overpowered by their combined might. They escape, and Superman tracks them down. There, he finds out that Luthor (under Brainiac's control) has been building some strange device. He atempts to stop them, but is held down by Brainiac's telekenisis. Brainiac then takes the knowledge of how to use the Fortress of Solitiude's technology from Superman's mind, and then locks him and Luthor in a room with a very large chunk of synthetic Kryptonite for both of them to die of massive radiation poisoning. Braniac, Metallo, and The Parasite then head to the North Pole.

As Superman and Lex are slowly dying, Steel shows up and frees Lex from Brainiac's control. They both save Superman, Lex knowing that he needs him to stop Brainiac. The three then follow Brainiac to the fortress, where it is fitting it's technology to the Fortress' computer. It will amplify Braniac's telepathy, enabling it to gain all knowledge of the Earth, and then pacify the entire planet. Superman, Steel, and Luthor show up, and Metallo and Parasite are ordered to deal with them. Steel tries to hit Metallo, but his punched into a wall, seemingly killed. Superman is left to deal with the two villains, and is quickly overpowered. Metallo leaves Superman to The Parasite so he can find Luthor. Meanwhile, a badly injuried Steel is able to use some of the Fortress' technology to heal himself and upgrade his armor. As Metallo searches through the fortress for Lex, Steel, atacks him. With his new armor, they're much more evenly matched. Steal ends up winning by smashing in Metallo's legs and ripping out his Kryptonite heart.

Superman, after a very feirce battle with The Parasite, defeats him by freezing him in the arctic snow. Superman then atacks Brainiac, distracting him enough for Lex and Steel to dissarm and destroy his device. A very angry Brainiac then tries to detsroy them, but Superman intervenes. The two fight furriously, but Superman prevails in the end, crushing Brainiac under one of the Fortress' giant crystals.

Lex then uses the incident to "prove" his innocence and say that Brainiac was controlling him. He then begins plans to create Lexcorp, and saves a peice of Brainiac's body in his office, which seems to still be alive.

My desired cast of new characters would be:

Brainiac/Milton Fine: Brent Spiner

The Parasite: Adam Baldwin

Metallo: James Marsters

Steel: I don't know, really.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #80
matthooper
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeSUPERMAN
If you don't like Superman Returns you just aren't mature enough for it.
I see, it had nothing to do with the fact that I just didn't like it. It had nothing to do with what I found to be a rediculous story, a terrible Luthor, lack of action, a soap opera plot and a director who's only knowledge of Superman came from a 1978 movie. Now I know that it is actually my maturity level that was the foundation of my distain for the film. Thank you for clearing that up.

matthooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:33 PM   #81
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

computers broken,so im waiting for it get fixed to copy & paste plot.

heres marketing campaign

teaser airs with HARRY POTTER 6

early march 2009
trailer airs with springs biggest film

APRIL 1ST, 2009
-Tie ins with BURGER KING, PEPSI, LAYS, and GATORADE begin
-toys everywhere
-Green Day Music video titles "backs against the wall"
-toys released
-6 tv spots begin to air 1 an hour on every channel

APRIL 15TH
-4 MORE TV SPOTS
-2 times an hour on every channel

APRIL 23RD
-time Magazine cover
-all tv spots air 3 an hour on every channel

MAY 1ST
Movie opens

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #82
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: my SR sequel teaser!

Good job.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:15 PM   #83
Weadazoid
Side-Kick

what is that supposed to fortell....Bizzaro?

Old 10-05-2006, 04:47 AM   #84
Mr. Superhero
Banned User

I like the "Coming Soon" bit...

...Yeah, in three years.

Mr. Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #85
Lightning54SC
Banned User

saw this...i thought id share....

WARNING! it has Contains images from Superman Returns movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJzMhKk-Koc

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #86
rkx

Default Re: Our own \S/writers work shop...--I present the SR Sequel Script--

superman returns sequel script???

hey everyone!!! wassup???

i am an avid superman fan and i totally enjoyed the man of steel's return to theatre with this summer's superman returns, however i was a wee bit peeved with the fact that there wasnt enough action, but all in all, it was a great movie. so i decided i was gonna get all creative and do my own version of a movie script for a sequel...so here's my teaser for what i would love to see for a superman sequel....

p.s. bryan singer, if u read this and decide to use this, i would be more than happy with a lil screen credit and *maybe, jus maybe* a lil walk-on roll???? (sighs....a guy can dream rite????)

so to one and all....read, comment and give me ideas to build on!!!!

SUPERMAN : LEGACY

1. EXT. SPACE NEAR KRYPTON

A miniscule RED DOT appears, growing larger, spreading evenly into a BLAZING SUN, which fills the SCREEN. The fiery' red SUN now grows smaller as we fall through space and see beyond it - the planet Krypton. As CAMERA CONTINUES toward Krypton, we see satellites, spacecraft, and Krypton's two distinct hemispheres. CAMERA HOLDS, PEERS DOWN at the city of Kryptonopolis.

(Digitally Re-mastered Clip from Superman 1)
2. EXT. KRYPTONOPOLIS - DAY

CAMERA PANS the white, prismatic crystalline mountains near the city. WE SEE a gleaming, quicksilver lake.

3. EXT. CITY OF KRYPTONOPOLIS - DAY

Kryptonopolis is a magical city, constructed of pure white crystalline matter that encloses and protects it from the blazing red sun. CAMERA TRACKS across futuristic glass buildings, glass skyways, tunnels, and enclosed gardens, finally CLOSING IN on a specific domed structure silhouetted against the sky.

4. INT. COUNCIL - DAY

A pristinely immaculate chamber that overlooks the city of Kryptonopolis. Austere, dominated by concentric circles around which the TWELVE ELDERS sit or stand. In the center of the inner circle revolved an intelligence source on which various information may be presented. JOR-EL enters the chamber, appearing almost through motivational volition than through physical propulsion. The ELDERS turn, look at him. JOR-EL is deeply concerned.

FIRST ELDER
An unpleasant duty has been masterfully
performed, Jor-El. They have
received the fate they deserved -
isolation in the Phantom Zone - an
eternal living death.

JOR EL
A... chance for life, nonetheless.
As opposed to us.

Consternation from the ELDERS. A suddenly angry JOR-EL gestures at the revolving intelligence source in the center - various unfathomable equations appear.

JOR-EL
You can't ignore these facts!
It's suicide! Worse! Genocide!

FIRST ELDER
Jor-El, be warned. The Council has
already evaluated this... outlandish
theory of yours.

JOR-EL
My friends, you know me' to be
neither rash nor impulsive.
I am not given to wild, unsupported
statements. I tell you we must evacuate
this planet immediately!

FIRST ELDER
You are one of Krypton' s greatest
scientists, Jor-El ...

SECOND ELDER
But so is Vond-Ah.

VOND- AH
(rising)
Thank you ..
(to JOR-EL)
It isn't that I question your data.
The facts are undeniable.

VOND-AH gestures at the intelligence source. JOR-EL'S equations disappear, are immediately replaced by a new series. VOND-AH smiles thinly.

VOND-AH
It's your conclusions I find
unsupportable.

JOR-EL
This planet will explode within thirty
days! Sooner perhaps!

VOND- AH
I tell you Krypton is simply shifting
its orbit!

(INTERCUT NEW SCENE)

Suddenly the crystals in the center of the room comes to life, a pulsating beacon of dark green light – the room is bathed by this light. The camera zooms into the light as we see the energy focus onto three primary points, forming a V of circles, burning green circles – the BRAINIAC system. It begins to speak in a cold, emotionless, mechanical voice.

BRAINIAC
Members of the Kryptonian High Council,
I have analyzed Senior Council Member
Jor-El’s findings…
(a series of graphs, figures are brought up,
including a model showing the planet exploding)
…and must concur that his apocalyptic
conclusions are nothing more than an
exaggeration.
(New figures, model showing a planet
with a slight shift in its orbit on a star map)
What you are presently experiencing is nothing
more than a change in planetary orbit as per
Council member Vond- Ah’s supposition.
There is no need for worry I say.
(forceful)
This is my Final Verdict.

V.O. of SECOND ELDER as the camera slowly pulls out as we watch BRAINIAC slowly power off, returning the room to it’s original state.

SECOND ELDER
(pleased)
Thank You Brianiac. Your Decision is accepted by this council. Now…

(REJOINS ORIGINAL SEQUENCE WITHOUT ANY BREAK IN THE FLOW )

SECOND ELDER
Jor-El, be reasonable...

JOR-EL
(annoyed)
I have never been otherwise. The
madness is yours!

FIRST ELDER
(snaps firmly)
This discussion is terminated!
The decision of the council is
final.
(pause - to JOR-EL)
Any attempt by you to create A
Climate of fear and panic among
the populace must be deemed by
us an act of ... insurrection.

JOR-EL
You would accuse me of insurrection?
Has it now become a crime to cherish life?

FIRST ELDER
(with reluctance)
You. . . would be banished to endless
imprisonment in the Phantom Zone - the
eternal void which you yourself discovered.

Deadly silence. The FIRST ELDER locks eyes with JOR-EL.

FIRST ELDER
Will you abide by the Council's
decision?

JOR-EL
(long pause)
I will remain silent. Neither my wife
nor I will attempt to leave Krypton.

(to be continued...)

Old 10-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #87
rkx

SUPERMAN:LEGACY (pt2 of 3)

5. INT. JOR-EL'S LABORATORY - NIGHT

CAMERA CLOSE ON JOR-EL, LARA, and the BABY, their glowing auras spilling across the SCREEN as the parents stare down at their offspring. A loving, almost beatific family portrait. LARA'S eyes flutter. Tears run down her cheek.

JOR-EL
(sad whisper)
You will travel far, my little Kal-El.
But I will never leave you. Even in
the face of my death the richness of my
life shall be yours. All that I have learned,
everything I feel, all of this and more I have
bequeathed to you my son. You shall carry me
inside you all your days. You will make my
strength your own, see my life through your eyes,
as your .life will be seen through mine. The son
becomes the father the father becomes the son. This
is all that I can send with you , Kal-El. And not
near so rich a gift as that your mother sends
along. Her ... love.

6. INT. JOR-EL' S LABORATORY - NICHT

The massive energy columns throb with white light. The BABY has been fastened in a module, wrapped in his blankets. LARA reluctantly steps back as JOR-EL places the last crystals inside, including a green one, secures and seals all openings. The BABY vanishes from sight. The module automatically slides into a larger spacecraft and is sealed in.

CUT TO:

JOR-EL and LARA clinging onto each other as the rocket launches, heading upwards, shattering the glass sealing, speeding off into the darkness of space.

7. EXT. SPACE, KRYPTON

The camera pans wide as we follow the arcing path of the ship carrying the precious babe till the ship disappears in space. Suddenly the camera whips round, focusing on a spot on the planet surface where we see a ball of light racing towards us, it rockets pass the camera giving us a brief glimpse of a mechanical orb holding a crystal in the center with three green circles arranged in a familiar pattern.

8. CUT TO: INT. KAL-EL’s ROCKET
Camera focuses on the sleeping child wrapped in sheets of red, yellow and blue, swirling around the child slowly as the ship rocks from the vibrations of what was Krypton’s destruction. We can hear LARA and JOR-EL’s voices echoing in the background.

JOR-EL
It's the only answer Lara. If he remains here
he will die as surely as. . .we will.

LARA
But why earth, Jor-El. They're primitives.
Thousands of years behind us.

JOR-EL
He will need that advantage to survive.
Their atmosphere will sustain him ...

LARA
He will defy their gravity ...

JOR-EL
He will look like one of them.

LARA
But he won't be one of them.

JOR-EL
His dense molecular structure will make
him strong ...

JOR-EL
Fast. Virtually invulnerable ...

LARA
Isolated. Alone ...

JOR-EL
He will not be alone. He will never...
be alone.

CAMERA SLOWLY FADES TO DARKNESS.

9. SOMEWHERE IN THE CARIBBEAN – EXT. VOLCANO

Powerful explosions rock a tiny island as the volcano comes to life, spewing forth tremendous bursts of smoke, ash and lava. The island is bathed by this deadly shower of material.

10. MOUNTAIN ROAD

A military truck speeds by, trying to outrun the fiery lava flows making their way down the slopes. The DRIVER turns sharply as he corners round the mountain. In the back, we can see several men, women and children. They are packed together, holding onto each other fearfully. Suddenly the radio crackles to life…

11. INT. TRUCK CABIN

V.O. RADIO (male)
(lots of static)
Bravo Bravo Niner do you read?
I repeat, do you read us?

The driver reaches over, answering the radio.

DRIVER
(flustered)
Evac HQ, this is Bravo Bravo Niner, I read you.

RADIO
Bravo Bravo Niner, how far out are you? The
last rescue barge is waiting, I doubt they can
hold out for much longer. The captain wants
to haul tail outta’ here before the place goes.

DRIVER
(yelling frantically)
Tell him I’ll be there, I only need 5 more minutes
– This is the last set of civilians.

RADIO
Roger that, five minutes. BE THERE, or else….

DRIVER
Got it!

12. EXT. MOUNTAIN SIDE
A flow of lava suddenly bursts forth onto the road in the path of the truck. The DRIVER brakes sharply, pulling hard on the steering, trying his best to divert the vehicle from its present course. People in the back start screaming. The DRIVER throws the gears into reverse as he turns the truck around. He needs to find a way down somehow. He grimaces with frustration as he floors the accelerator. The truck lurches forward, engine revving powerfully, taking the corner in full. Disaster! Another lava flow blocks the road. The truck has nowhere to go. The DRIVER looks up the mountain side. To his dismay, the river of lava that feeds the two lava flows blocking his path is slowly making its way towards the vehicle. Mass pandemonium erupts in the tray of the vehicle as the civilians begin to panic hopelessly in a desperate bid for life.

13. EXT. BARGE DECK
The CAPTAIN is looking at the road leading to the dock. No vehicle in sight. He looks at his watch, ten minutes have passed. The FIRST MATE approaches.

FIRST MATE
(tense)
Captain?

CAPTAIN
(distracted)
Yes?

FIRST MATE
It’s been over ten minutes now sir, and we still
haven’t had any sign of the evacuation vehicle.
What do you want us to do?

CAPTAIN looks around one more time, then at his watch.

CAPTAIN
(beat)
(sighs) We can’t wait anymore. Our priority is to
get those who are already onboard to safety. I’m
sorry.
(looks at the dock again, still no sign of the truck)
Dammit!
(slams fist down)

14. EXT. MOUNTAIN SIDE
The thick river of lava is moving dangerously fast. It’s gaining speed. The CAMERA follows its movements as it destroys everything in its path. Nothing it seems will be able to stop its flow. The CAMERA continues to follow the flow, almost as if it was riding on top of the flow itself. We see in its path the truck, trapped and utterly unprotected. The CAMERA then zooms in suddenly towards the truck, through the window, closing in on the driver’s terrified face.

(to be continued...)

Old 10-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #88
rkx

SUPERMAN;LEGACY (pt.3 of 3)

15. INT. TRUCK CABIN
All is lost, it’s useless to fight, the DRIVER knows it. EXTREME CLOSE UP of the driver’s eyes, tightly shut awaiting the inevitable. Seconds tick by slowly. Beads of perspiration roll down his face. Suddenly all is quiet, the muscles on his face begin to relax as confusion sets in – is he dead? Can’t be, he still feels very much alive. He opens his eyes slowly and looks out the window. His jaw drops in amazement. CAMERA PANS OUT to let us see what he sees:

SUPERMAN.

SUPERMAN standing in front the truck.

His posture, iconic - hands on his hips, cape flapping in the wind, hovering slightly above the ground. He’s using his super breath to both cool and forcefully divert the lava flow.
The lava flow cools, forming a thick domelike structure that protectively shelters the truck.

16. EXT. TRUCK
SUPERMAN lands lightly and proceeds to the DRIVER’s door.

SUPERMAN
Is everything ok officer?

DRIVER
(in a state of disbelief and amazement)
Superman…
(as he snaps out of it)
The barge!?!

SUPERMAN nods his head, he understands. He makes his way to the side of the truck. He stoops, positioning himself alongside.

SUPERMAN
Everyone…
(grinning)
…hold on tight.

With relative ease he lifts the truck off the ground, supporting its enormous weight on his right shoulder, steadying it with his left hand. With a single bound, he effortlessly floats into the air and begins descending rapidly to the barge far below, slowly chugging out to sea.

17. EXT. BARGE DECK
The captain, crew and several civilians are all looking up in the skies. A large shadow is cast over them. The shadow begins to get smaller, as though whatever was casting it was getting closer and closer to the barge. Everyone on deck begins to clear a large are to the center, as they continue to look up.

18. EXT. BARGE
From SUPERMAN’S P.O.V., we see the barge as he approaches it. He looks down as he plants his feet firmly on the deck. Gently he rests the truck on the deck, first lowering the free side, and then carefully his end. He takes a step backwards as he dusts out his hands.

19. EXT. BARGE DECK
The CAPTAIN and everyone is speechless. SUPERMAN looks around with a smile.

SUPERMAN
Good day captain, just thought I would lend
these people a hand – didn’t want them to
miss their ship out of here.

The CAPTAIN just nods his head, as SUPERMAN turns and rockets into the air.

We follow SUPERMAN as he races over the ocean back towards the island. There is little time left. If he doesn’t act now, the volcano will erupt, and in its destruction lay waste to the majority of the island. He flies over the island, along the mountain, arcing upward into the sky.

21. EXT. ISLAND

SUPERMAN hovers above the island, floating in mid air for a few seconds, as if assessing the situation. Suddenly he plunges downwards, full force towards the crater of the volcano.

22. SUPERMAN’S P.O.V.
Hands outstretched, our hero plummets into the side of the volcano, cutting his way through the thick rock into the central funnel of the volcano. Without pause he begins to carve another vent out of the volcano’s main magna chamber in a bid to release the pressure building up inside.

23. EXT. BARGE DECK
All on board are looking on with awe on their faces, hope building as they watch in the distance a little red speck darting back and forth into the volcano’s sides, digging tunnel after tunnel.

CAPTAIN
(ecstatic)
Oh my God! He might actually be able to do it!
(turning to first mate, away from camera)
He’s actually releasing the pressure from inside!
(facing camera)
Come on Superman! You can do it!

24. EXT. VOLCANO CRATER
We hear a rumbling sound, long and deep, then crumbling. Before our eyes, a section of the volcano’s crater collapse into the lava pit below, first jus a small section, nothing of significance, then some more, and even more still, until at an alarming rate an entire section of the crater collapses, enough so that a wide river of lava is able to escape.

25. EXT. ISLAND
SUPERMAN bursts out of the side of the volcano and flies high into the sky before hovering with his back facing us. CUT TO: CLOSE UP of SUPERMAN’s face – a look of confusion and worry etched across it. CAMERA pans to show us what he sees – it zooms in on the river of lava tumbling slowly down the mountainside – then rushing down the slope – the seaside town in its path, the home of the several thousand people who live on this island. SUPERMAN darts forward, a blur of red and blue, racing away to the island.

26. EXT. MOUNTAIN SIDE
The lava is gaining speed, within moments it will be upon the town, destroying everything in its wake. Suddenly, a few hundred feet ahead of the sweltering lava flow, a giant slab of rock slams into the earth, it’s over 50 feet high, roughly about 30 feet across and 20 feet thick. The CAMERA races up the face of the rock, revealing SUPERMAN bracing the rock, using his body and strength to force the rock slab deep into the earth. CLOSE UP of his face, grimacing, as he attempts to get the rock moving through the tough volcanic soil. EXTREME CLOSE UP of SUPERMAN’s muscles, bulging, as he puts his strength into the rock. We hear the sounds of the rock beginning to move, slowly carving out a path in the hardened earth. We see the slab of rock moving, slowly at first, tearing into the ground, leaving a wide trench in its aftermath. SUPERMAN and the rock slab are gaining speed, digging the trench deeper and faster, down the slope, into the sea, safely away from the town.

27. EXT. LAVA FLOW
The lava pours into the trench, splashing violently, threatening to flow over the trench in its way. It looks like SUPERMAN’s efforts were in vain! But suddenly, the lava starts to flow down the alternative route provided, no longer struggling to overcome this obstacle in its passageway.

28. EXT. ISLAND
SUPERMAN takes to the air, carrying with him the huge rock slab in his arms. In the background we can see the lava flowing in the trench he had just made, pouring into the sea, cooling rapidly upon contact with the cool ocean waters.

29. EXT. CRATER
SUPERMAN plants the rock slab into the mountainside at the point where the crater had collapsed, effectively blocking the lava flow. Some lava tries to escape around the sides of the rock, no problem – one strong blast of super breath cools and solidifies the lava, permanently sealing the gap. SUPERMAN lands lightly on the mountain side before taking a step back. He is still tense, his hands at his side, in case his make-shift dam does not hold. He waits for a few seconds, listening, but nothing happens. He relaxes, and smiles, looking directly into the CAMERA.

CAMERA slowly moves down, from his face to the S-insignia emblazoned on his chest. Everything else fades from the picture except for the S, which suddenly fills up the entire screen.

END OF TEASER

ROLL OPENING CREDITS

well there you have it! my opening teaser for a supes sequel...hope u liked it....stay tuned for more...remember guys feedback is important!!!reply please!!! till next time....au revoiur

Old 10-15-2006, 10:07 PM   #89
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Default SHH! "Super Sequel" project-all imput welcome!

Look, the way superman 2 goes is going to be very controversial. So I thought itd be cool to get a ton of fans to write the sequel for fun. write our own script. We'd determine the villains, the characters arcs, the action, ect, all the scenes, the dialgoue-all together. We'd be writing our own sequel script-exactly what we want. I had A STORY ON MY OTHER COMP. but it shut down and will not turn on, so until i fix it i have it all lost, so d start over. But this is starting from total scratch. Anybody who wants to join, repond and say so. I'll give say, 3-4 days for people to join, then we can start working on it.

MEMBERS:
1. Excel

ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
1. Villains

R.I.P. Heath
Old 10-15-2006, 10:09 PM   #90
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Default Re: SHH! "Super Sequel" project-all imput welcome!

My choice for villains is obviously Brainiac, who is a fan-fave. But I also feel there needs to be a physical villain for Superman to have super fight with, but i dont want that to be all it is, hence why I thought it would be cool to have a brianiac invading earth with his armies type of plot, and the physical villain is sessentially the armies leader; think superman "darth maul".

R.I.P. Heath
Old 10-15-2006, 10:14 PM   #91
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Yes yes, everyone repeat same ideas now...

Lexcorp

Braniac

Metallo

Old 10-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #92
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

well you gotta think....how?

Lex is wanted...how about the films subplot with luthor is his plan for lecorp. final scene is lois n clark at da grand opening

R.I.P. Heath
Old 10-15-2006, 10:19 PM   #93
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Hmm....y'know what? Just for the sake of originality, I say the villain should be Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:22 PM   #94
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel
My choice for villains is obviously Brainiac, who is a fan-fave. But I also feel there needs to be a physical villain for Superman to have super fight with, but i dont want that to be all it is, hence why I thought it would be cool to have a brianiac invading earth with his armies type of plot, and the physical villain is sessentially the armies leader; think superman "darth maul".
Robot brainiac with his lasers, forcefields and nearly indestructible body frame can go toe to toe with Superman.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:25 PM   #95
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C.
Hmm....y'know what? Just for the sake of originality, I say the villain should be Mr. Mxyzptlk.

HA HA, that was refreshing

Old 10-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #96
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

I like The Eradicator as a villian, brought back from Superman's homeworld on the ship that landed in Smallville, or appearing by other means. He is after Jason because he is not a pure blood kryptonian, after not being able to defeat the Eradicator Superman realizes the only way to save Jason is to absolve Jason of his powers. In essence, destroy his Kryptonian DNA, by using the same devise that stripped Superman of his powers in Superman 2. Imagine Superman being left with that decision, in the meantime Lex is up to his old tricks and taking another step towards world domination while Superman is preoccupied with The Eradicator, plot yet to be determined.

*The chamber idea was actually brought forth by a another poster on the boards, DogOfKrypton.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 AM   #97
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

i would say braniac is grown from the crystals on NK but as they mix with the environment he grows with traces of kryptonite in him, or he followed superman back from krypton when he left.

kal-el1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #98
raybia
Signing off

Default How To Fix Superman

Oh my, this guy read my mind:

Here we go again. After the disappointing "Superman Returns" hit theaters this summer and took months to eke its way across the $200-million mark in box-office receipts, Warner Bros. has cautiously announced that a second Bryan Singer-directed installment of the series is being developed for a 2009 release. In part because of its large budget (a debatable figure, but even the studio admits it was significantly more than $200 million), Warner expected bigger bucks and fans expected more bang. Still, Warner Bros. is showing loyalty to Singer by bringing him back to direct. Because Singer has been given another chance, the yet-to-be determined screenwriters should consider these helpful suggestions:

Ditch the Kid
Talk about backing yourself into a corner. Introducing the offspring of Lois and Clark forces the franchise to go in a direction that may be a little too "Sky High" let alone "Smallville: The Elementary Years." Send him off to private school or make his human blood diminish his Kryptonian powers until puberty, but do something. A series of movies about Superman as a dad can be summed up in two words: beyond boring.

Action! Action! Action!
Duh. Fans have fond memories of "Superman II" because of those flying battles with General Zod and his crew. It wasn't the Niagara Falls honeymoon sequence that they adored. Screenwriting in the 21st century has to be more creative than having Superman save a space shuttle from crashing, right?

Less Glamour, More Reality for Lois
Fans had concerns about Kate Bosworth being cast as Lois Lane, and although she wasn't awful, the chemistry between her and Brandon Routh was almost nonexistent. More importantly, her character had previously been given a well-rounded edge by Margot Kidder more than 25 years ago. Bosworth's picture-perfect ensembles never made you believe she was a beat reporter, let alone a Pulitzer Prize winner.

More Real Americans Please
From the Daily Planet newsroom to Metropolis street scenes, if one thing was glaringly missing from the latest "Superman," it was a sense that America was a multiracial society. And no, Kal Penn as one of Luthor's henchmen doesn't count ... especially because he didn't have one real line in the movie.

Allow Funny Actors to Be Funny
If Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor had to be so evil to differentiate himself from Gene Hackman's charming portrayal, it's one thing, but to waste Parker Posey's comic talents by providing her only one funny line is a crime. Even Hugh Jackman's Wolverine got more laughs in Singer's "X-Men" movies.

Better Villains Are Key
Luthor is clearly Superman's arch nemesis, but repeating the land-grabbing premise from "Superman: The Movie" was beyond lame. Somehow, Singer needs to bring in more dangerous foes such as Brainiac and Doomsday to up the ante.

What would you like to see in the next "Superman" movie? Send your thoughts and comments to buzz@microsoft.com

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #99
mathhater
Man of Ste...(sigh) Tin

Default Re: How To Fix Superman

Damn, you juuuust beat me to this. Dagnabit...But still, I think they're 100% right. Hopefully Singer & crew will listen to stuff like this...but I bet they won't...

"Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class, & white."
mathhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:52 PM   #100
raybia
Signing off

Default Re: How To Fix Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathhater
Damn, you juuuust beat me to this. Dagnabit...But still, I think they're 100% right. Hopefully Singer & crew will listen to stuff like this...but I bet they won't...

Sorry.

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote