The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #76
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick
 
Spidey 2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The NEW gotham!
Posts: 4,708
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Is there anyway to get these clips in downloadable fashion?

listening in theres an Iron Man vibe goin too... especially with the "Kayla" and "Deadpool" tracks

I like the deadpool sample the best

__________________
Crime never wins....
cont. The Shadow
Spidey 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #77
Peter McCabe
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,305
Thumbs up Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

I won't be listening to any of these clips.

I've decided to wait until the film because that way I'll be completely in the dark with the music

Its good to hear that it doesnt feel like the score to an X-Men movie since this isn't one.

*I hated the score to X2. Ottman's score did not sit well with me at all, nor did Kamen's.

Powell, being a student of Zimmer, got it just right

Peter McCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #78
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Kayla was the best clip I heard, but I STILL like the version from the workprint better. I think the workprint version had the PERFECT vibe for that scene.

I also like the workprint version of Logan Through Time better too.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #79
Peter McCabe
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Kayla was the best clip I heard, but I STILL like the version from the workprint better. I think the workprint version had the PERFECT vibe for that scene.

I also like the workprint version of Logan Through Time better too.
You're making me soooo happy of not having seen the workprint!!!

I was kinda worried about that - what if I like the way a scene fits with the borrowed score???

Good thing I waited.

Peter McCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #80
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McCabe View Post
You're making me soooo happy of not having seen the workprint!!!

I was kinda worried about that - what if I like the way a scene fits with the borrowed score???

Good thing I waited.
I really wish I waited.

After spoiling everything about X-Men 3 for myself, I told myself I wouldn't do the same thing with Wolverine.

So what do I do? I find the workprint and watch it.

I have the patience of a sugar cube.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:11 AM   #81
Peter McCabe
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I really wish I waited.

After spoiling everything about X-Men 3 for myself, I told myself I wouldn't do the same thing with Wolverine.

So what do I do? I find the workprint and watch it.

I have the patience of a sugar cube.
I was as bad with X3 as I've been with this

Watched ALL the TV Spots, the 7 minutes on FOX and TOO MANY clips on talk shows like Conan, Letterman, Leno and Carson Daly.

*I'm not going to be watching any talk show clips, the clips that I was talking about earlier from the BBC - I actually skipped. Turned my face from the last piece of the Weapon X escape and didn't watch the barn fight at all.

*I'm also not gonna make the HUGE mistake of listening to the score before I see the film.

I did that with X3 and even though I was very surprised with the film's story - the music was already in my system.

I'll buy the score on the 28th, but I'll open it on May 2nd

Peter McCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #82
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McCabe View Post
I was as bad with X3 as I've been with this

Watched ALL the TV Spots, the 7 minutes on FOX and TOO MANY clips on talk shows like Conan, Letterman, Leno and Carson Daly.

*I'm not going to be watching any talk show clips, the clips that I was talking about earlier from the BBC - I actually skipped. Turned my face from the last piece of the Weapon X escape and didn't watch the barn fight at all.

*I'm also not gonna make the HUGE mistake of listening to the score before I see the film.

I did that with X3 and even though I was very surprised with the film's story - the music was already in my system.

I'll buy the score on the 28th, but I'll open it on May 2nd
Well, I can still say that I was MUCH worse with X-Men 3 than I was for this. Literally, my entire life from about 2004 until the movie released revolved around it. I spent about every free moment I had on the forums finding every bit of information that I could, downloading every single clip and TV spot and promo.

All the while, I refused to read the AICN script review, because I didn't want to spoil the film for myself, without realizing that I spoiled the movie for myself through other means.

With this just being a Wolverine movie, it's not as personal to me, and I never anticipated it the same way, but the inclusion of Gambit absolutely skyrocketed my anticipation. That's where the biggest problem arises, because I spoiled the first appearance of my favorite fictional character of all time on the big screen.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #83
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick
 
Spidey 2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The NEW gotham!
Posts: 4,708
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McCabe View Post
I was as bad with X3 as I've been with this

Watched ALL the TV Spots, the 7 minutes on FOX and TOO MANY clips on talk shows like Conan, Letterman, Leno and Carson Daly.

*I'm not going to be watching any talk show clips, the clips that I was talking about earlier from the BBC - I actually skipped. Turned my face from the last piece of the Weapon X escape and didn't watch the barn fight at all.

*I'm also not gonna make the HUGE mistake of listening to the score before I see the film.

I did that with X3 and even though I was very surprised with the film's story - the music was already in my system.

I'll buy the score on the 28th, but I'll open it on May 2nd
your gonna love this then. Powells score was my favorite of the X-films too, and from these clips, Matches it in quality. and has the potential to out do it once the full score is released! I like listening to the music before hand because i can get use to it.. and really get to analyze it with the film, instead of it all being a new experience and im too focused on whats happening with the character, rather then the music and other things... ya know what i mean. When I first watched X3 I couldnt even pay attention to the music, but when i watched it again, the music made it 10 times better!

I dont mind being spoiled in music... Music is music and will always add to the experience

But eya I ****ed up real good with x3, I knew every little detail.. But so did i with x1 and x2 hahah.... annnd can say the saem about this movie. at LEAST I havnt watched the leak, I def. wont be doing that.

__________________
Crime never wins....
cont. The Shadow
Spidey 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:22 AM   #84
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

I absolutely love a good score, but I don't think it's as important to this film as it is to others.

Just because this isn't a Lord of the Rings type of epic, or even X-Men 3.

That final Phoenix rising sequence on Alcatraz is as amazing as it is partially because Powell's score during that scene might be about the best piece of score music I've heard in my life.

That, or the theme to Terminator 2.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:22 AM   #85
Peter McCabe
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Well, I can still say that I was MUCH worse with X-Men 3 than I was for this. Literally, my entire life from about 2004 until the movie released revolved around it. I spent about every free moment I had on the forums finding every bit of information that I could, downloading every single clip and TV spot and promo.

All the while, I refused to read the AICN script review, because I didn't want to spoil the film for myself, without realizing that I spoiled the movie for myself through other means.

With this just being a Wolverine movie, it's not as personal to me, and I never anticipated it the same way, but the inclusion of Gambit absolutely skyrocketed my anticipation. That's where the biggest problem arises, because I spoiled the first appearance of my favorite fictional character of all time on the big screen.
Damn.

Well, look on the bright side - he'll be more fun to watch in a larger screen

*True story - My fourth viewing of Spider Man 3 was in an IMAX theatre.

I honestly thought it was me and my brother beating a dead horse, but that HUGE screen actually brought new life to the film for me.

The clarity, the sound during the bell tower scene, the way it made the CGI look sooooo noticeable.

All of that was very much worth the trip

Peter McCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #86
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McCabe View Post
Damn.

Well, look on the bright side - he'll be more fun to watch in a larger screen

*True story - My fourth viewing of Spider Man 3 was in an IMAX theatre.

I honestly thought it was me and my brother beating a dead horse, but that HUGE screen actually brought new life to the film for me.

The clarity, the sound during the bell tower scene, the way it made the CGI look sooooo noticeable.

All of that was very much worth the trip
I definitely plan on seeing this movie in IMAX.

I have never seen a movie in IMAX, so I figure this is the perfect time to pop my IMAX cherry.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #87
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick
 
Spidey 2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The NEW gotham!
Posts: 4,708
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I definitely plan on seeing this movie in IMAX.

I have never seen a movie in IMAX, so I figure this is the perfect time to pop my IMAX cherry.

I Wish

__________________
Crime never wins....
cont. The Shadow
Spidey 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #88
Peter McCabe
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,305
Thumbs up Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I absolutely love a good score, but I don't think it's as important to this film as it is to others.

Just because this isn't a Lord of the Rings type of epic, or even X-Men 3.

That final Phoenix rising sequence on Alcatraz is as amazing as it is partially because Powell's score during that scene might be about the best piece of score music I've heard in my life.
FINALLY!!!

Someone acknowledges the epic greatness of Powell's score for X3

*You just don't know the chills that ran down my spine, the intensity, the gargantuan suspense I was feeling during the Phoenix scenes because of Powell's score.

those scenes would not have been nearly as great had they not carried John's music.

the theme rose in such a mythical fashion, it was truly dazzling.

*I remember listening to parts of the score before seeing the movie while I cleaned my apartment and thinking "What the hell is happening during this scene???"

hopefully Gregson's score to Wolverine will leave a mark on me too.

Peter McCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #89
Peter McCabe
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey 2007 View Post
your gonna love this then. Powells score was my favorite of the X-films too, and from these clips, Matches it in quality. and has the potential to out do it once the full score is released!
Damn it.

you're making me wanna check out those samples now!!!

be strong Peter, be strong.

Peter McCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #90
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McCabe View Post
FINALLY!!!

Someone acknowledges the epic greatness of Powell's score for X3

*You just don't know the chills that ran down my spine, the intensity, the gargantuan suspense I was feeling during the Phoenix scenes because of Powell's score.

those scenes would not have been nearly as great had they not carried John's music.

the theme rose in such a mythical fashion, it was truly dazzling.

*I remember listening to parts of the score before seeing the movie while I cleaned my apartment and thinking "What the hell is happening during this scene???"

hopefully Gregson's score to Wolverine will leave a mark on me too.
Ever since I was a kid, I always loved the theme to Terminator 2, but I really truly realized the importance of a good score after the Lord of the Rings movies. That score is bloody amazing (I'm not even British and that score has me saying "bloody", lol).

I also really enjoyed some of the score from X2.

So the first time I saw X-Men: The Last Stand, the score was one of the first things I paid attention to. I thought the score throughout was amazing. I have the score CD (the only movie I have a score soundtrack to).

I will definitely be getting the Wolverine score soundtrack, if for nothing else than the Kayla piece. It sounds damned amazing.

I do love the song they used for it in the workprint (have no idea what it's from) because it PERFECTLY fits, but the Gregson piece is pretty damned emotional too. And that's just from 30 seconds.

I'm with you McCabe, the final score is one of the big things I am looking forward to with this movie when I finally see it in theaters.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #91
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McCabe View Post
Damn it.

you're making me wanna check out those samples now!!!

be strong Peter, be strong.
lol

Piece of advice, if you have to break down and listen to one sample, do Kayla. If not that, then Logan Through Time.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:37 AM   #92
Peter McCabe
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
lol

Piece of advice, if you have to break down and listen to one sample, do Kayla. If not that, then Logan Through Time.
How many samples are there?

*I own the T2 score and my favorite Guns n Roses song is You Could Be Mine.

Peter McCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #93
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McCabe View Post
How many samples are there?

*I own the T2 score and my favorite Guns n Roses song is You Could Be Mine.
The website has 4:

-Logan Through Time
-Kayla
-Logan Meets Gambit
-Deadpool

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:45 AM   #94
Ace of Knaves
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Riding on the storm...
Posts: 31,569
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

So, is there any download links? My laptop has no ****ing sound, the piece of ****. So I need to download them and stream them through Tversity.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:52 AM   #95
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
So, is there any download links? My laptop has no ****ing sound, the piece of ****. So I need to download them and stream them through Tversity.
As far as I know, no.

I would be rather pleased, however, if someone was able to prove me wrong.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:53 AM   #96
Ace of Knaves
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Riding on the storm...
Posts: 31,569
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

What's the Deadpool sample like?

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:55 AM   #97
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
What's the Deadpool sample like?
Kind of a typical sci-fi boss battle score.
Lots of fast, heavy percussions.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:06 AM   #98
Ace of Knaves
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Riding on the storm...
Posts: 31,569
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

I see. Even though I don't really like Weapon XI, and I'm angry at what happened to my top boy, I still think that scene was pretty sick. Apart from the part with the optic blasts, they shouldn't of even bothered with that. They should of given him Zero's sick gunplay powers over Scott's powers.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #99
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick
 
Spidey 2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The NEW gotham!
Posts: 4,708
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ace of Knaves View Post
What's the Deadpool sample like?
Yea, its lovely.. it does have a strong sci fi influence to it, especially the begining... Its like the low tones in Iron mans score. Its real sharp. I LOVE it.

Reminds me of the kind of technoish idea used in X1...

__________________
Crime never wins....
cont. The Shadow
Spidey 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #100
Ace of Knaves
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Riding on the storm...
Posts: 31,569
Default Re: The Music of "Wolverine"

Sweet. Yea I've always imagine a Deadpool score being techno-ish or jungle-ish.

Ace of Knaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.