The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: How would you feel about a Justice League spin-off instead of Superman Returns 2?
Great idea! Would be way better than a sequel to SR! 13 24.53%
I like the idea... whereas Superman Returns wasn't terrible... JL will prob be better. 3 5.66%
Don't really care.... either would be good. It's Superman! 3 5.66%
Not sure how I feel about the idea. Kinda like Brandon and Bryan 2 3.77%
I dislike the idea... The Man of Steel would be better 18 33.96%
I hate the idea... if they do that they will ruin Supes 5 9.43%
Ask me after Justice League comes out 7 13.21%
I really don't think Justice League will happen anyways 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #26
memphissuperman
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Does JLA film/spinoff mean end of Superman sequels/reboots?

Ive been around here since the word came out the word came out who was playing Superman just don't post much but this guy lexlives has posted some of the worst rumors ever and none of them have came true.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #27
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Default IESB Report on Superman Sequel and JLA Film; Batman's In

"Batman WILL be in the Justice League of America Movie!
Written by Robert Sanchez
Wednesday, 21 March 2007
There has been a ton of speculation in regards to the recently announced Justice League of America movie including rumors that Batman would be a no show, let’s clear this up fast, he will be in JLA... guaranteed!

Online reports early this month caused headaches for Warner Bros. when it was assumed that the Superman sequel would be put on hold in favor of a Justice League movie. That was quickly proven to be total bull**** by a variety of sources including members of the Singer camp.

The other rumor that surfaced said Batman would not be in the JLA film and quote "he’s too big to waste on a film like this, apparently."

Rumors are funny. Sometimes they get completely out of control. Clint over at Moviehole was very clear that these were rumors but, of course, forums and fanboys everywhere started taking this one sentence as fact and the truth is, it’s total BS.

One of my studio insiders and close pal sent me this email after the story started making the rounds:

Sup brother! I ain’t a fan of SUPERMAN RETURNS and hope we don’t see Routh in the role again unless it is in a JLA movie, but I can tell you one thing: BATMAN is 100 percent going to be in the JLA movie they're developing at Warner Brothers. So I wonder/question how reliable that other web-site's sources are... Naturally, you and I never had this conversation!

How much do I believe my source? 110%, you can take this to the bank. The big question is will the movie ever get made? That is the 100 million dollar question and most of our insiders are split down the middle with some believing that this movie is D.C.'s time to prove that they can have an ensemble pic just like Marvel has their X-Men but the other half believe that the price tag would be astronomical.

It’s important to remember that during the Batman Begins roundtables at WonderCon in 2005, Christian Bale told us that he had a clause in his contract that one of the three films he was signed on to do could in fact be an ensemble picture. Now, at the time, everyone was thinking Batman vs. Superman (please excuse the old school iesb) but it could just as easily be something like Justice League.

I, for one, believe that if given to the right director, cough, cough, Zack Snyder cough, cough, this could be greatest movie since Empire Strikes Back. Could it happen? Only time will tell. "

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com...2119&Itemid=99

Old 03-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #28
aroundthefur33
I am the Witness

Default Re: IESB Report on Superman Sequel and JLA Film; Batman's In

wow

Old 03-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #29
darwinwins
Side-Kick

please don't drag batman down with that horrid idea

Old 03-25-2007, 12:39 AM   #30
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Yeah. No, Not Bale in JLA. Don't think so. No. Batman? Yes, for now, it seems.....

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:30 AM   #31
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinwins View Post

(mindwipes everything between B89 and BB)

Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #32
Steelsheen
Iconic

are these Batfans or Jettfans?

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 03-25-2007, 09:55 AM   #33
El Payaso
Banned User

Wow, they're finally ruining Batman. Guess they weren't totally satisfied with B&R.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:03 AM   #34
chosen1
Banned User

http://practicaljokeonline.com/winner.html man i have a bad feeling about a live action justice league film.

"Conscience do cost." -- Butchie

Old 03-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #35
BareKnucklez
Banned User

Th Cool Re: IESB Report on Superman Sequel and JLA Film; Batman's In

I won't see a JLA movie without BATMAN (Bale) in the movie... And even with him in the movie I won't see a movie with Routh.
If Routh is in it count me out... I don't care to ever see him on the big screen dressed up in a bad Superman costume.
Id rather not put myself threw that again.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #36
BareKnucklez
Banned User

Spoiler Re: IESB Report on Superman Sequel and JLA Film; Batman's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen1 View Post
http://practicaljokeonline.com/winner.html man i have a bad feeling about a live action justice league film.

"Conscience do cost." -- Butchie
lol whats with the spyware/virus link?

Old 03-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #37
Paste Pot Pete
No, I build a rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BareKnucklez View Post
I won't see a JLA movie without BATMAN (Bale) in the movie... And even with him in the movie I won't see a movie with Routh.
If Routh is in it count me out... I don't care to ever see him on the big screen dressed up in a bad Superman costume.
Id rather not put myself threw that again.
Then you probably shouldn't be wasting your time on a Superman board, ace.

And it's "through."

"Through."

Old 03-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #38
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Routh sounds like hes pretty much guaranteed to be in this. This could be post Superman 2009.

This could also be the 'ensemble' picture Bale mentioned. Worlds Finest could be scrapped in favor of launching these other superheroes.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #39
Sun_Down
Groovy

Am I missing something here? Why is everyone *****ing about this?

Old 03-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #40
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Am I missing something here? Why is everyone *****ing about this?
Because as live action it's a horrible idea? And pretty much WB's response to The Avengers movie?

Old 03-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #41
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Because as live action it's a horrible idea? And pretty much WB's response to The Avengers movie?
So we're just skipping the whole "seeing the movie" thing all together and we're just gonna decide what's good or bad from the day it's announced? Cool.

Hey, I hear the next Crichton book is about a murder case or politics or something. He hasn't even started writing it, but it sucks. In fact, it's ruined all Michael Crichton books for me.

Hey, that was fun.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #42
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
So we're just skipping the whole "seeing the movie" thing all together and we're just gonna decide what's good or bad from the day it's announced? Cool.

Hey, I hear the next Crichton book is about a murder case or politics or something. He hasn't even started writing it, but it sucks. In fact, it's ruined all Michael Crichton books for me.

Hey, that was fun.
Um, yeah, it doesn't works quite like that in this case...

Ever heard of characters' screen time? Budget limits? Casting? for a movie like this, it doesn't looks good.

Besides, I never said it couldn't be good. I mean maybe, but in my opinion, it's "likely" to suck, ok? and that seems to the general conseous.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:34 PM   #43
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Sun_Down, WB has enough of a hard time getting a movie right with one superhero. What are the chances of them getting a movie right with more than one superhero in it?

With that said though, I'm game for a JLA movie just as long as it doesn't come in the middle of the Nolan Batman series or Singer Superman series. Let the those series finish first then move on with these team up projects.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:40 PM   #44
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Jeez, I honestly thought this would be getting more support from the fans. All that's happened is that it's been confirmed and that the character of Batman and Superman are in it.

The only thing that doesn't excite me is "this could be greatest movie since Empire Strikes Back" Now those movies are pieces of crap.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:15 PM   #45
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Um, yeah, it doesn't works quite like that in this case...

Ever heard of characters' screen time? Budget limits? Casting? for a movie like this, it doesn't looks good.

Besides, I never said it couldn't be good. I mean maybe, but in my opinion, it's "likely" to suck, ok? and that seems to the general conseous.
No, I've never heard of any of the elements of moviemaking. In fact, what is a movie?

Of course I realize that there are some big concerns here, but it's not like good movies with a big ensemble cast don't exist. You're all assuming it can't possibilly work just because it's a big endeavor. I'm not saying it's necessarily gonna work, but Christ, you are basing your assumption on nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Sun_Down, WB has enough of a hard time getting a movie right with one superhero. What are the chances of them getting a movie right with more than one superhero in it?
Well that's a matter of opinion. I, for one, think that they nailed BB and SR. I understand that a lot of people don't feel that way, but that doesn't make me wrong or them right.

While I was not yet born at the time, I'm sure there were concerns about STM when it was in production. People undoubtedly said that it "couldn't be done" or was a "horrible idea" because there was there was no precedent. Same thing here. I just don't understand why everyone's jumping to this conclusion soooo far in advance.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:47 AM   #46
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Jeez, I honestly thought this would be getting more support from the fans. All that's happened is that it's been confirmed and that the character of Batman and Superman are in it.
there's very strong support for this from the folks i talk to IRL, whether its BvS, a JL movie (animation or live action), even the wallpaper manip i did of Bale's Batman and Routh's Superman together keeps getting good buzz from anyone who sees it, you can see it in their eyes and their voice, when i tell them its only a manip they all kept saying they should make a movie like that (this was before the days of the JL news being released). all this negativism stink is just coming from the general direction of the Jettforums, who cant even speak for the general majority of the Batfans let alone comic book movie fans whose interested in seeing this.

Quote:
The only thing that doesn't excite me is "this could be greatest movie since Empire Strikes Back" Now those movies are pieces of crap.
no they're not. their just dated.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 03-28-2007, 09:15 PM   #47
mego joe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinwins View Post
I had an idea that Batman could be both in it and not in it. He can be the invisible member, maybe just a glimpse of him in the shadows or on a roof top. Perhaps he could feed information to the team through Superman through notes, e-mails etc... He is in it, but not seen. Then at the end, Bale as Wayne can have a moment with Clark at the end where they are having dinner or some such in the manor and open endedly discuss the positive aspects of the JLA and continuing on with it.

THis approach allow for him to be part of the team and a presence in the story, but it doesn't cheapen the Bat-films by having broad daylight battles with Batman running around. It keeps the mystery to the character and makes for an intriguing elemnet in the JLA story.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #48
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

My sources tell me, that if a Justice League movie is made, there is an honest possbility that Tom Welling might be up for the role of Superman/Clark Kent. And the reason for this is due to the GENERAL public, not fanboys, being more familiar with Tom Welling than Brandon Routh, even after Superman Returns.

On that same note, Routh is a lock to come back for the next Superman film, but in an ensemble feature it could be Welling.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Old 04-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #49
Justice Bringer
Banned User

They wont have two different actors playing the same role in their film properties...WB goes to such great lengths to avoid that kinda stuff.

It will have to be either one or the other most likely.

I kinda prefer Bale and Routh on this one as their characters are around the same age. I'm not a fan of the older mentor Batman and the younger Superman (Welling).

If they want Welling for this, they should recast for a younger Batman.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #50
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

I think it would really depend on how Warner Bro's viewed JLA, as a mixture of film franchises or it's own seperate franchise. And even then, they could simply explain it in a way that Tom Welling's Clark has alwasy existed in Bale's universe, or vice versa. This isn't the first time I have heard these types of rumors. Shortly before and after Superman Returns came out, I had heard that if the GENERAL public, not fanboys, didn't really like Routh, that when the time came for Worlds Finest, that Tom Welling would be considered. What some folks on this board fail to see, due to there own bias, is that with the national public Tom Welling is very well liked as Clark Kent, and would, in the movie executives mind, give a film like Worlds Finest or JLA a little more star power and recognition, for box office purposes. If individual Superman films are made, Routh will with out a doubt be Superman, but ensemble films are made, watch for Welling, in all honesty. I'm trying to start a fight.

By the way, we will have to agree to disagree again my friend. I actually like the idea of a grizzled, veteran Batman, possibly at the end of his rope, working with a young, idealistic Superman.

On that note, if they were to use Tom Welling with Bale, it actually wouldn't be that much of an age stretch, for there characters and the actors. By the time the movie started, Welling's Superman could have been around saving the world for years, it wouldn't have to be his first adventure or anything. And Bale and Welling are closer in age that Bale and Routh, and when I see pictures of Welling out in the public, he looks a good deal older than he does on Smallville.

And in my opinion, with a very written, good script, I think Welling could do a good job. Welling couldn't save a mediocre script, but he bring a good one to life.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Last edited by NotFadeAway; 04-01-2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Felt like it
Closed Thread