The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: How would you feel about a Justice League spin-off instead of Superman Returns 2?
Great idea! Would be way better than a sequel to SR! 13 24.53%
I like the idea... whereas Superman Returns wasn't terrible... JL will prob be better. 3 5.66%
Don't really care.... either would be good. It's Superman! 3 5.66%
Not sure how I feel about the idea. Kinda like Brandon and Bryan 2 3.77%
I dislike the idea... The Man of Steel would be better 18 33.96%
I hate the idea... if they do that they will ruin Supes 5 9.43%
Ask me after Justice League comes out 7 13.21%
I really don't think Justice League will happen anyways 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #51
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Default Re: IESB Report on Superman Sequel and JLA Film; Batman's In

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom420 View Post
On that note, if they were to use Tom Welling with Bale, it actually wouldn't be that much of an age stretch, for there characters
Well no, the thing is that Nolan's BB took place in the present; 2005. Bale's Bruce was near 30 in it.

In 2005, Smallville's 18 year old Clark just graduated highschool and SV takes place in the present too.

Theres a huge age gap.

But ultimately, I can't see WB sanctioning two different actors onscreen for the same role. It would go against all the restrictions and legal stuff theyve done over the past decade. Welling's only real chance of playing \S/ is if they scrap the Singer films altogether along with BR.

Quote:
This isn't the first time I have heard these types of rumors. Shortly before and after Superman Returns came out, I had heard that if the GENERAL public, not fanboys, didn't really like Routh, that when the time came for Worlds Finest, that Tom Welling would be considered.

Where did you hear this? Because I can't recall such a thing ever being reported during those time periods.

Last edited by Justice Bringer; 04-01-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #52
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

The age thing, like I said, it would depend on what timeframe they placed the movie, if it even takes place in real time. And like I said, I personally don't mind the idea of an older Batman and younger Superman.

I heard very faint rumors about Welling/Worlds Finest when I first moved out here to L.A. They quickly disappeared, so the validity is in question, I'm just passing it along.

I won't lie to you, I prefer Welling over Routh, I didn't really care for him in particular. I don't hate Routh, but there is a reason Welling beat out Routh for the role on Smallville, not to mention that Jensen Ackles and Milo Ventigimilia were graded above Routh as well. So yes, I hope these comments Ive made are true.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

Last edited by NotFadeAway; 04-01-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: More to say
Old 04-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #53
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
The age thing, like I said, it would depend on what timeframe they placed the movie, if it even takes place in real time. And like I said, I personally don't mind the idea of an older Batman and younger Superman.

I heard very faint rumors about Welling/Worlds Finest when I first moved out here to L.A. They quickly disappeared, so the validity is in question, I'm just passing it along.

Iwon't lie to you, I prefer Welling over Routh, I didn't really care for him in particular. I don't hate Routh, but there is a reason Welling beat out Routh for the role on Smallville, not to mention that a loser like Jensen Ackles and a wimp like Milo Ventigimilia were graded above Routh as well. So yes, I hope these comments Ive amde are true.
See your ignorant almost childlike comments about people you don't know, makes everything else you have to say irrelevant.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #54
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Quote:
I won't lie to you, I prefer Welling over Routh,
Naw, really..

Quote:
I didn't really care for him in particular. I don't hate Routh, but there is a reason Welling beat out Routh for the role on Smallville, not to mention that a loser like Jensen Ackles and a wimp like Milo Ventigimilia were graded above Routh as well. So yes, I hope these comments Ive amde are true
The reason is because Routh would never be believeable as the akward 16 year old the part required. The role of Superman however is a different story and BR got it.

Guys like Jenson and Milo obviously werent up for Superman when they were casting for the film, it requires different stuff than 'teenage Clark' obviously.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #55
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
See your ignorant almost childlike comments about people you don't know, makes everything else you have to say irrelevant.
Oh chill out, it's a message board.

But, ya know, as a sign of good faith, I'll remove those comments.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Last edited by NotFadeAway; 04-01-2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: A sign of good faith.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #56
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Bringer View Post
Naw, really..

The reason is because Routh would never be believeable as the akward 16 year old the part required. The role of Superman however is a different story and BR got it.

Guys like Jenson and Milo obviously werent up for Superman when they were casting for the film, it requires different stuff than 'teenage Clark' obviously.

Don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to start a fight, but "excuses, excuses". Seriously, in pictures taken at award shows, candid shots, etc, Routh looks younger than Welling, which he is.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #57
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Thats debateable, Welling does look alot older now but 6 years ago?

BR wasnt right for the role of teenage Clark Kent but he was right for Superman.

Reeve wouldnt have even been right for teenage Clark Kent, thats why we got Jeff East.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #58
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

You know, another thing that bugs me, is that whenever Routh's ability comes into question, in any form, excuses for the man are launched immediately from every which way, but thsoe same excuse makers feel they have the right to harp all over Welling without hearing anyone out, even if those Welling supporters shove facts in there face.

I'm not accusing anyone in particular, I just don't like it!

Old 04-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #59
Justice Bringer
Banned User

I'm not sure what youre referring to b/c on all the polls on this boards and other superhero/superman ones Routh seems to get exceptional high praise.

But of course youre entitled to your opinion. I've seen fans on here that hate pretty much everything so anythings open for debate.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #60
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Bringer View Post
I'm not sure what youre referring to b/c on all the polls on this boards and other superhero/superman ones Routh seems to get exceptional high praise.

But of course youre entitled to your opinion. I've seen fans on here that hate pretty much everything so anythings open for debate.
Yea because the people who go to message boards that don't like Routh get harped on before they can get two words out by the board mainstays, so they leave.

Lets just agree to disagree!

Old 04-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #61
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Quote:
Yea because the people who go to message boards that don't like Routh get harped on before they can get two words out by the board mainstays, so they leave.

Lets just agree to disagree!
You dont usually get harped on for voting and stuff.

But anyways, we generally keep an open mind here. I dont care if you have your preferences over Brandon Routh, obviously any actor can be surpassed.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #62
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

My problem with Routh is that there were alot of instances in the film where he came off as a male fairy godmother. Routh just didn't give off that hero vibe, and it bugged me. And I know they tried to make the character more human and vulnerable, and I applaud that actually, but plenty of actors can pull off the emotional and vulnerable yet heroic figure, and Routh just didn't do it for me.

And in the deleted Smallville scene's, when Routh had a chance to make the role his own, he just wasn't that good at all. His best work in the film where instances when he Reeve's performance to build off of instead of making the role his own.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #63
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Its probably because he didnt get to throw a punch. Nothing to do with the actor.

I'm not sure what more he could have done with the lines he got. He didnt want to play Clark or Superman over the top.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #64
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Even if he had thrown a punch, I don't think it would have made much of a difference, atleast not in my case. I might have actually made him look worse, because when I try to visualize his Superman fighting to save Earth, I just, well, can't. But thats just me, I'm sure it's different for other people. Actually, you know what, the punches don't even matter. Routh, to me, just doesn't have the vibe of a hero.

And, about the lines, well thats a whole different can of worms. I thought the dialouge in Returns was atrocious, it was just flat.

Last edited by NotFadeAway; 04-01-2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: More to say
Old 04-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #65
GNR
worships John Matrix.

Jla!jla!jla!

Old 04-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #66
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

I am all for a JLA flick, as long as WB waits until the current run of both Bats and Supes franchises have run their course...

Old 06-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #67
super-t
Side-Kick

Default Justice Leauge Script Complete!!!

O YES!!!

www.supermanhomepage.com

Old 06-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #68
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Justice Leauge Script Complete!!!

Variety reports that the first draft for a "Justice League" movie has been completed by husband-wife writing duo Kieran Mulroney and Michele Mulroney.

One of the more ambitious projects around town - the bigscreen adaptation of DC Comics' "Justice League" - cleared a major hurdle last week.
Husband-wife writing duo Kieran Mulroney and Michele Mulroney turned in a first draft that had Warner Bros. suits actually smiling - no small feat, considering "Justice" follows a half-dozen of the best-known superheroes working together, including Batman and Superman.

But the accomplishment raises a tricky question for Warners: Should it release "Justice" before its "Superman Returns" sequel?

Christopher Nolan’s next Batman pic "The Dark Knight" bows in July 2008. Bryan Singer’s "Superman" follow-up had been expected to play in 2009. But there’s no script yet for that pic, while Singer is busy getting ready to shoot Tom Cruise starrer "Valkyrie" for UA.

The question now: Will a souped-up "Justice League" prove to be Kryptonite to Superman?

With Bryan Singer, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris currently sitting down to write the script for the "Superman Returns" sequel, I have little doubt that the Superman project will continue to happen ahead of any "Justice League" movie.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #69
Dr. Fate
Banned User

I'm just surprised they got the draft done this quick.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #70
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Shouldnt take that long for a professional screenwriter to churn out a first draft.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #71
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

This could be interesting. If this knocks Warner Bros execs off their feet, there is a very good chance they will shelve SR2 in favor of it. Plus the timing is very interesting. Fantastic Four 2 (another ensemble superhero movie)'s success of failure could very well be a deciding factor.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:41 PM   #72
bunk
superhero fan

Will this movie reference the Batman and Superman movies made? I don't really get this.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:45 PM   #73
deathshead2
Side-Kick

I highly doupt this movie will be made. But anyway congrats to the teaming writing it so quick. Can't wait for it to leak on the internet when the project is canned.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 AM   #74
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathshead2 View Post
I highly doupt this movie will be made. But anyway congrats to the teaming writing it so quick. Can't wait for it to leak on the internet when the project is canned.
Don't be so confident. WB is already considering it (otherwise they wouldn't have commissioned a script). If Fantastic Four does well...it is a real possibility.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:29 AM   #75
Justice Bringer
Banned User

This could be WB/DC's answer to what Marvel is doing with the Avengers flick.

I can't see this replacing the 2009 Superman Sequel though mainly because the script features Superman AND Batman; and Nolan will obviously be given the chance to shoot a third Batman film after TDK.

They'll have to wait to launch this project after the Bat trilogy at least.

There are three threads on this in the DC films section:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=275477

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=272579

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=275246

Closed Thread