The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: How would you feel about a Justice League spin-off instead of Superman Returns 2?
Great idea! Would be way better than a sequel to SR! 13 24.53%
I like the idea... whereas Superman Returns wasn't terrible... JL will prob be better. 3 5.66%
Don't really care.... either would be good. It's Superman! 3 5.66%
Not sure how I feel about the idea. Kinda like Brandon and Bryan 2 3.77%
I dislike the idea... The Man of Steel would be better 18 33.96%
I hate the idea... if they do that they will ruin Supes 5 9.43%
Ask me after Justice League comes out 7 13.21%
I really don't think Justice League will happen anyways 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #101
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Justice Leauge Script Complete!!!

This movie could be filmed taking cues from 300 to cut costs. 300 should have a huge influence on the movie industry.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #102
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

It seems that WB is happy with the 1st draft. At this point they could actually turn it over to another writing team to continue with, it depends on the contracts of the writers. It could just end up in WB's vault and never be made as well.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #103
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
It seems that WB is happy with the 1st draft. At this point they could actually turn it over to another writing team to continue with, it depends on the contracts of the writers. It could just end up in WB's vault and never be made as well.
I honestly think Fantastic Four 2 will be a big deciding factor. It is an ensemble super hero movie...pretty much the only one. Its box office success (or failure) could help decide what to do with this.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #104
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I think a lot of you are shrugging this off way too easily. There is a reason WB commissioned this script. If it does knock their socks off, SR2 could easily be put on the back burner. Batman can probably be editted out...Superman, not so much.
That is possible but they would need to get to work on a second draft then; Batman's role obviously isnt just a cameo you can edit out easily.

If they want to do this to launch the other superhero franchaises; I could see the urgency here but I'd rather they wait till Superman MoS and Shawn Levy's The Flash come out first before trying to push them all into a JLA film.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #105
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I honestly think Fantastic Four 2 will be a big deciding factor. It is an ensemble super hero movie...pretty much the only one. Its box office success (or failure) could help decide what to do with this.
I think WB will use X-Men and Fantastic Four as reference, I think WB wants to beat Avengers to the big screen. It's more fuel to the fire.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #106
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Hopefully more X-men......less of Fantastic 4; the reactions to F4-2 havent been so hot.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #107
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Oh really? I haven't seen reaction yet? It made over 22million last night.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #108
Justice Bringer
Banned User

I've been going by our FF2 board and the very low 38% RT rating. I think I may still see it at some point just for the special effects but from the spoilers I read; if you didnt like how the first one is handled.....you wont like this; same type of cheesiness, same type of storytelling.

After Sm3; I'm not going to see a film opening night again unless I'm confident I would like it.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #109
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

I saw Spiderman 3 and it was a horrible mistake. I still havent seen FF, so to see FF2 at this point makes no sense.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #110
Justice Bringer
Banned User

My friends told me not to see FF until I lost a bet :/

Old 06-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #111
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

I think FF2 looks pretty fun action wise, but I can tell I am going to wretch with the dialogue.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #112
Justice Bringer
Banned User

And if WB uses that as a mold for JLA; Bale most likely wont have anything to do with it the second he reads the script.

Though I doubt this will be like F4; even the Teen Titans writers said for their movie they are following the style of Batman Begins and Superman Returns.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #113
AgentPat
Squeaky wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOCOP CPU001 View Post
If this movie gets off the Ground, its going to be one hell of an expensive movie.. lets face it, you are going to want to attract big stars to the film.
Depends. They could go with an entirely new ("noname") cast or cull actors from existing franchises. It depends on the script...

"casting will depend upon the story arc for the JLA feature and at what point in the superheroes' lives the plot takes place."
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117960018

"...word was circulating that one of the ideas the Mulroneys had was to structure "League" with an older Batman who was guiding a younger Superman and Wonder Woman..."
http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist...-07_4?GT1=7701

Quote:
I honestly think Fantastic Four 2 will be a big deciding factor.
They will definitely be looking at it. Early B.O. estimates for Friday are looking very good, but the proof will be in the pudding after next weekend.

Quote:
It is an ensemble super hero movie
F4 and X-Men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
I think WB will use X-Men and Fantastic Four as reference, I think WB wants to beat Avengers to the big screen. It's more fuel to the fire.
It's *always* a race between Warners and Fox. Look at X-Men 3 and SR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
But this happens EVERY SINGLE THREAD! ...it keeps going and going and going like a coked up Energizer bunny.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #114
Retroman
Side-Kick

Quote:
See, I feel that a Justice League movie would be needed to get the greenlight on character's such as Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. Otherwise they will follow the Wonder Woman-model (numerous directors, scripts, etc...never off the ground though)
I hope not. But looking at it realistically this movie might be the only way for them to launch some of those characters own movies.The WW movie as you say just can't seem to get off the ground.

I wonder what Joel Silver and for that matter the producers of Flash, Shazam, Green Arrow etc. think of the JL movie?Hmm...

Old 06-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #115
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Well out of those three; Flash is the only one that would likely be in a JLA film. The logical thing to do would be to launch this thing after Superman:MoS and The Flash putting it head to head against the inevitable Avengers flick.

Shazam and Green Arrow could continue in their own franchaises. Shazam is more likely to be our answer to a Fantastic 4-like flick.

I hope they can hold this off till the sequel to TDK is done as well. I want Batman in this (obviously preferably played by Bale) but I have a feeling Nolan is setting up a trilogy based on the TDK spoilers ive seen.

Last edited by Justice Bringer; 06-16-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #116
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPat View Post
Depends. They could go with an entirely new ("noname") cast or cull actors from existing franchises. It depends on the script...

[indent]"casting will depend upon the story arc for the JLA feature and at what point in the superheroes' lives the plot takes place."
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117960018
Casting can actually be really cheap.

Brandon Routh can play Superman...he wouldn't be expensive, especially if they just use his SR contract. Probably 2 or 3 million. But if they do scrap SR2 for this, I doubt they'd want to connect it to SR...plus considering Superman's leadership role...I see an older Superman. Plus an actor with drawing power to carry the movie. At most, 6, 7 million for Big Blue.

Flash - Ryan Reynolds is the obvious choice, plus since Flash has been his pet project for the past couple years, trying to get it off the ground he should come relatively cheap...3 million.

Wonder Woman - Monica Baccarin was a contender when Whedon was making it. She would only cost a million or so. Or you can go with a big name around Ryan Reynold's level for 3 million to help carry the movie.

Manhunter - After seeing the Silver Surfer, WB will probably go with something similar...so a mix of CGI and makeup actor like Doug Jones with a big name like Patrick Stewart doing a voice over. Being as it is only voice work however, it won't cost too much. Overall, the character would probably cost 3 million when you pay both the voice and the motion actor.

Green Lantern - This is the perfect role for an unknown that will only cost about a million and then being as it could very well be the break out character, he could be franchise building material. (What Routh was meant to be).

Aquaman - A decent, midlevel, midaged actor, who has some name recognition, but is no Brad Pitt. A successful TV actor...call me crazy, but Keifer Sutherland might work. He would probably go for about 3 or 4 mil.

So there you go, a Justice League cast for 18-20 million dollars.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #117
Dr. Fate
Banned User

I'd like to see Gerard Butler as Aquaman, but that would take a lot of blonde hair dye. Or a wig.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #118
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fate View Post
I'd like to see Gerard Butler as Aquaman, but that would take a lot of blonde hair dye. Or a wig.
Another good call. For Aquaman, you'd need a midaged, sort of well known (Not Brad Pitt, not George Clooney, but known) type actor.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #119
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Quote:
Casting can actually be really cheap.

Brandon Routh can play Superman...he wouldn't be expensive, especially if they just use his SR contract. Probably 2 or 3 million. But if they do scrap SR2 for this, I doubt they'd want to connect it to SR...plus considering Superman's leadership role...I see an older Superman. Plus an actor with drawing power to carry the movie. At most, 6, 7 million for Big Blue.

Flash - Ryan Reynolds is the obvious choice, plus since Flash has been his pet project for the past couple years, trying to get it off the ground he should come relatively cheap...3 million.

Wonder Woman - Monica Baccarin was a contender when Whedon was making it. She would only cost a million or so. Or you can go with a big name around Ryan Reynold's level for 3 million to help carry the movie.

Manhunter - After seeing the Silver Surfer, WB will probably go with something similar...so a mix of CGI and makeup actor like Doug Jones with a big name like Patrick Stewart doing a voice over. Being as it is only voice work however, it won't cost too much. Overall, the character would probably cost 3 million when you pay both the voice and the motion actor.

Green Lantern - This is the perfect role for an unknown that will only cost about a million and then being as it could very well be the break out character, he could be franchise building material. (What Routh was meant to be).

Aquaman - A decent, midlevel, midaged actor, who has some name recognition, but is no Brad Pitt. A successful TV actor...call me crazy, but Keifer Sutherland might work. He would probably go for about 3 or 4 mil.

So there you go, a Justice League cast for 18-20 million dollars.
Ryan Reynolds wont happen for The Flash. Its obvious. He was Goyer's choice for it but with all the internal politics and Goyer being replaced by Levy; I really doubt theyll select him for this.

Morena B lost alot of her chances when Whedon left as well.

Sutherland would never do a project like this....especially Aquaman; and whoever thought Gerald Butler would want to play Aquaman....get real...cmon :/

If Brandon Routh was in this; you would obviously have to tie it to SR and its sequel.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #120
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Bringer View Post
Ryan Reynolds wont happen for The Flash. Its obvious. He was Goyer's choice for it but with all the internal politics and Goyer being replaced by Levy; I really doubt theyll select him for this.

Morena B lost alot of her chances when Whedon left as well.

Sutherland would never do a project like this....especially Aquaman; and whoever thought Gerald Butler would want to play Aquaman....get real...cmon :/

If Brandon Routh was in this; you would obviously have to tie it to SR and its sequel.

You assume to much, WB loves Reynolds, even if he was Goyer's choice. He has done numerous movies for Warners. He has drawing power. He is still top contender, and a JLA movie would have nothing to do with Levy.

Baccarin, granted...but if they do a Justice League movie and her agent plays his cards right, there is a chance she could get back in the running.

Sutherland...a lot of people said he would never do a show like 24. He will need to do something big with 24 ending in 2009 to break the type casting of Jack Bauer. Something new, like he has never done before.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #121
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

I think it would be a mistake to have all these new characters that the audience have yet to meet, appear in a film already established. They need to be introduced and developed in their own movies before they all appear in a ensemble film or else what's the point? Why should the audience care?

See, Marvel knows what it's doing. They're going to launch all their heroes in their own movies first. Iron Man and Hulk next year, Captain America and possibly Thor in the following year and so on. Then once all of these characters are established and known to the audience, they will bring them all together in their own Avengers movie. The impact will be so much better because it will actually feel like Earth's Mightiest Heroes coming together for the first time.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #122
Justice Bringer
Banned User

Quote:
You assume to much, WB loves Reynolds, even if he was Goyer's choice. He has done numerous movies for Warners. He has drawing power. He is still top contender, and a JLA movie would have nothing to do with Levy.
If Flash appears in this; it would have to be the same Flash from the Levy film(s). They can't have multiple actors playing the same parts during the same timeframe. They are so obviously against that and go out of their way to avoid that.

I personally think there are way better choices out there for this role than Ryan Reynolds but regardless; if hes not cast in the Shawn Levy film....its unlikely he'll appear as the Flash in this.

Quote:
Baccarin, granted...but if they do a Justice League movie and her agent plays his cards right, there is a chance she could get back in the running..
Same could be said for any actress actually.

Quote:
Sutherland...a lot of people said he would never do a show like 24. He will need to do something big with 24 ending in 2009 to break the type casting of Jack Bauer. Something new, like he has never done before...
Sutherland is probably one of my favorite actors... and it would be awesome to see him in a film like this; but realistically.....as a secondary character....like Aquaman (of all characters)? That sooo wont happen.

If anything; the only superhero role he'd probably give a thought about would be Goyer's Green Arrow film.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #123
COMPO
Side-Kick

who's going to be main villian? Injustice gang? A White Martain invasion? Darksied

Old 06-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #124
Justice Bringer
Banned User

In my trailer; its the white martian invasion....considering they can infiltrate and masquerade as humans.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #125
GreenKToo
In the fire

I know this is just wishful thinking, but with all the talk of a J.L. film being made, I would love to see it setup in the S.R. sequel.

Have Darkseid come to earth because of N.K. He is too powerful for superman to handle alone but supes faces him anyway. The first fight is a draw, but superman gets defeated in the second confrontation after a long struggle.

Other heroes around the world see the fight on the news and see a victorious Darkseid holding superman up by his cape, gloating that mankind is under his rule now.

Some of the heroes are reluctant to interfere. If superman was defeated what chance do they have they think. They need someone to guide them, a leader.

It would end with a shot of Bruce Wayne alone in the Batcave watching the news and seeing a defeated superman there in. Bruce looks down at his desk through a pile of photographs and info on other heroes. ( the flash, green lantern, W.W.).

EDIT: and have that same end shot of Bruce in the S.R. sequel at the end of T.D.K. as well. ( I know, again wishful thinking.)

Closed Thread