Byrne's 14 20.90%
TAS 24 35.82%
Something original 24 35.82%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #101
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The official unofficially officially official unofficial-- METALLO-- CASTING Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
The character of Jack is imposing, Kiefer does not have the stature for Aquaman in my opinion. I like him as Metallo because of the armor to support him.

Have I seen 24. How could you even ask me such a question.
I'm sorry I see what you're saying. Still, I would love to see him get a go at it.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #102
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The official unofficially officially official unofficial-- METALLO-- CASTING Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'm sorry I see what you're saying. Still, I would love to see him get a go at it.
If anybody could make it work, Kiefer can.

I am actually a year behind on 24. I am on season 5, or finishing it up.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #103
GreenKToo
In the fire

I could see Jude Law as Aquaman. He needs to bulk up a little though.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #104
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I could see Jude Law as Aquaman. He needs to bulk up a little though.
That might work if he bulked up. For some reason I picture Aquaman as a very imposing figure.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #105
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

For some odd reason I want a british actor to portray Metallo...he just always seemed to have that air about him...plus McDowell's portrayal was pretty good.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #106
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

The dude from the new Halloween.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #107
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Who plays Myers?

Old 07-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #108
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
For some odd reason I want a british actor to portray Metallo...he just always seemed to have that air about him...plus McDowell's portrayal was pretty good.
That's not odd. As I said earlier having him be an english speaking (meaning a british kind of accent) fellow would put him in line with TAS version.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #109
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Socko View Post
Who plays Myers?
No. I believe he was talking about the guy who is playing Loomis.

The guy who is playing Myers is Tyler Mane, Sabertooth from X-Men.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 PM   #110
bgshw44
Side-Kick

either viggo mortenson or kevin bacon. the movie needs respected actors like the batman franchise and like the origional superman movie.

bgshw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:42 PM   #111
bgshw44
Side-Kick

or what about gerard butler?

bgshw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #112
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

I know this was a rumor WAAAAY back during the very early Superman Returns days (before we knew the actual plot), but some guy came along with his inside source saying that in SR, Jor-El would be played by Jim Caviezel and John Corben would be played by Kevin Bacon.

I actually really like the Bacon as Corben casting. I think it would work well.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:04 PM   #113
ariellem
ThorII & Doctor Who!

Would love to have Hugo Weaving as Brainiac.

Gerard Butler was great in 300. I'd be on board with a role for him in MOS.

After seeing Viggo Mortensen(-son?) in "A History of Violence" I'd second seeing him as a bad guy in MOS.

Kevin Sorbo was hoping to be Superman at one point, and he's a lot of fun, and he's already more or less bulked up. Would like to see him in MOS too.

And can't we somehow get Ahnold on board? If not as a directly-punched villain (he is getting to grandpa age, after all), then as an evil corporate type?

ariellem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #114
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
If anybody could make it work, Kiefer can.

I am actually a year behind on 24. I am on season 5, or finishing it up.
So technically, you are only a day behind.

Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:47 AM   #115
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Default Re: Metallo's Origin

Yes. And its name is Superman Animated Series, episode called "THe way we all flesh"

I just mixed the Returns storyline with the episode.

SuperDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:39 AM   #116
Rob-el
Side-Kick

Why is Metallo in such high regards on these boards? I always have found the character boring - even the best verion from Animated ADventures. What am I missing about him that causes his name to come up so often?

"Uh, not really - no"
Rob-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:11 AM   #117
COMPO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I'd be upset if Richard became Metallo. I think him becoming evil would be an easy way out of resolving that love triangle situation, I'd rather see Richard die at the hands of Corben maybe protecting Jason. I dont want Superman and Lois together, until the end of third film
What if people thought he died in a car accident and was made into Metallo by Lex or someone and goes after Superman. But, Jason finds out what happens and goes after Lex or some professor out ofr revenge and Superman has to convince him not to. Plus, if it is Lex this coudl be his revenge on Superman by making his son a murderer and like him.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:26 AM   #118
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Martin Henderson gave a really good performance in Flyboys and he looks a lot like John Corben IMO, so i would like to see him in the role.

And whoever suggested Viggo Mortensen, that is a great choice as well.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #119
super-t
Side-Kick

i say Daniel Graig

Old 07-20-2007, 04:20 PM   #120
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-t View Post
i say Daniel Graig
I'd prefer Daniel Craig myself.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #121
Lobo
skip skip skip

Kevin Bacon

or

Sean Bean

Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:49 AM   #122
Sharkfestation
Side-Kick

Default Am I only person who doesn't want Metallo to appear in The Man of Steel?

One of the main reasons why critics, fanboys, and audiences bashed Superman returns was because they used Kryptonite again as Lex Luther or the villain in general's way of defeat Superman. Now fanboys are begging and drooling for Metallo. Metallo basically a guy with rock his chest who has super strength ( almost every villain now days has that ablity. Only reason how he got the ablity to expand size is because he sold everything that was human to the denom Neron. Metallo is no different then the Kryptonite continent or huge mountain of Kryptonite or what ever you want to call it. They are both ways recycle things that have been done hundreds of times and try to make new again. In other words, it's like having a box of the same old cookies with a new box. For , those who say Metallo is a "great" visual, he is not. Robots or cyborgs or what ever you want to call them have been done to death in the movies. Audiences want to see something new and exciting. Metallo and Superman fight would just like the one in SR where Lex and his idiots because they had Kryptonite flashing around Superman's face. Heck, Bruce Timm and Paul Dini had a hard time writing Metallo epsiodes because he had that dumb rock in his chest. Even though Brainiac is a robot, he is different. He doesn't need a rock to bring Superman to his knees because he has Artificial intelligence of advanced alien orgin;
  • Superhuman strength
  • Physical resistance
  • Telepathy
  • Telekinesis
  • Ability to manipulate energy derived from cybernetic form.
Sorry for spelling and grammer.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:05 AM   #123
superbaby
Banned User

Default Re: Am I only person who doesn't want Metallo to appear in The Man of Steel?

if metallo means KRYPTONITE returns...
i'm with you.

SAY NO TO KRYPTONITE!!!

superbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:14 AM   #124
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Default Re: Am I only person who doesn't want Metallo to appear in The Man of Steel?

I'm just not really interested in Metallo. I find Brainiac to be much more interesting.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:29 AM   #125
S_H_F_4839
Hulk Smash

I wouldn't mind seeing a John Corben Cameo but no Metallo.

I wouldn't mind seeing braniac, but I would also like to see a kickass action sequence, just not sure who should be used for that.