The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Old 11-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #101
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kurtzman & Orci Writing Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
And McG is directing Terminator 4. Go figure.
Wow. That's gonna be great.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:39 PM   #102
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
JJ is directing it... Kurtzman and Orci wrote the script.
It good to have a Trekker like you tell me this.

I assume Abrams wrote ST too, since he is known for his writing skills with Lost & many other projects he did in the past. And what do you think of the pics of the guy from Heroes as Spock look? I can see some of Nimoy's look in him with the hair & makeup. Very much like how some pics of Routh as Clark behind the set of SR made him look like Reeve.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 PM   #103
Super Kal
Side-Kick

oh, I'm pretty sure he had some of his ideas put in the script...

Old 11-18-2007, 09:05 PM   #104
bunk
superhero fan

If Star Trek sucks, I'm gonna have to say no on this one.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #105
Super Kal
Side-Kick

i can almost guarantee it's not gonna suck... they said they were going to stay extremely faithful to the series, and even Nimoy said that he was impressed with it.

if this rumor is true, we could get to see a Superman movie that once again goes back to it's comic book roots.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #106
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
If Star Trek sucks, I'm gonna have to say no on this one.
Spielberg could be directing...I still would have zero interest in the new Star Trek.

That's the kind of flick I wait to watch on HBO. But, those writers seem to be good at what they want in a summer flick. I think those writers and Singer would be a great team-up. You know there'd be quite a few superfights for everyone, and Singer can handle the rest.

Pickle-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #107
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Agreed about Singer, Orci, and Kurtzman.

However, Singer might not want a new writing team, or he might want to select them. So many variables.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #108
Super Kal
Side-Kick

he's gonna have to choose new writers... his previous ones were let go, thank god...

Old 11-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #109
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Transformers is a fun movie. Take the effects out of it though and you have an awful pile of crap.
But isn't that like saying "take the plane sequence out of SR and you have an even more boring movie"? The fact is, Transformers had its effects, it had its action...so what is the point of saying "if you take this out.."?

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #110
buggs0268
Banned User

That is if he is still on the project. And you know why I still think the only two reason's he is still connected in any way. And the fact is, both of his pitches bombed at the WB. I seriously think it will be a reboot with someone else. I honestly don't think Singer will want to go too far away from his already set ideas, and I don't think the WB will want to spend money on where he wants to take it.

buggs0268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #111
buggs0268
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
But isn't that like saying "take the plane sequence out of SR and you have an even more boring movie"? The fact is, Transformers had its effects, it had its action...so what is the point of saying "if you take this out.."?
This is why I don't even deal with the guy. He doesn't make any rational sense.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:37 PM   #112
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmanx68 View Post
This Iris person says Christopher Nolan wont be returning for another Batman movie? Hmmmm, unless they're actually Christopher Nolan I dont see how they could know that... and a statement like that makes me question their other info.
I've heard that in several different places over the last couple of weeks.....so it's something to not just quickly dismiss. There may be some truth in it.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:39 PM   #113
C. Lee
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeloz View Post
I'll admit I find the very concept of "The Island" to be ludicrous. So much so I won't watch it.

Angeloz
If I may ask....what part of the concept? Do you not like storylines with cloning....or is it something else?

Old 11-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #114
buggs0268
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I've heard that in several different places over the last couple of weeks.....so it's something to not just quickly dismiss. There may be some truth in it.
Well, in all truth though C., we have also heard multiple sources running with definate castings for JLA that turned out to be bunk. I think now something turns up on one site, it turns up in a bunch of sites, even the real media.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #115
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
OMG..it would be heartbreaking if Nolan leaves his Batman franchise so abruptly, and burning the bridges between him and WB.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #116
C. Lee
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs0268 View Post
Well, in all truth though C., we have also heard multiple sources running with definate castings for JLA that turned out to be bunk. I think now something turns up on one site, it turns up in a bunch of sites, even the real media.
That's why I don't get excited one way or the other about any rumors.....because until solid confirmation....they are just rumors. Too many people around here get overly excited about anything announced.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:29 PM   #117
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. Transformers was great fun but I think we still need to reboot this franchise. No kid, no wig wearing real estate obsessed Lex, no Richard, no miscast Lois, just start from scratch please. Doesn't need to be an origin story either, just a new continuity.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:51 PM   #118
Superman-Prime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs0268 View Post
Exactly. It was fun as hell. And souless? Nooooo. I thought it had a lot more soul than SR did. The main characters talked, theplot had a lot more movement than in SR, and a hell of a lot more action.
You're souless.

Anywho, Transformers was awesome.

As for this, I hope this is true. I must own the sequel when it comes out on DVD.

Superman-Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #119
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1977 View Post
I didn't know those guys who did TF also wrote the upcoming new Star Trek. I thought Abrams wrote it.

And I don't know about those 2 guys doing MoS. TF was only good with action & that's it. It has no heart at all. Not to mention TF was more of a human story than the TF themself. The TF robots are barely in the film. The 80s cartoon at least has heart & more action than the film from Michael Bay. Also, they wrote "The Island". That one of the worst horror movie ever made. It close to being as bad as "Gigli". No wonder Island was a bomb....big time.
Well they wrote it along with Abrams

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:59 AM   #120
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
That SR has more than the plane sequences. For people who get plots beyond the action I mean.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:23 AM   #121
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Agreed about Singer, Orci, and Kurtzman.

However, Singer might not want a new writing team, or he might want to select them. So many variables.
I think Singer won't have a problem with getting a new writing team. It not like he only relies on Harris & Dougherty on everything he direct. He could get Kurtzman & Orci aboard if the rumor become true, seeing he is a Trekkie & might want them to helm Superman with adding more sci-fi element. Or he could get Walker or David Hayter or whatever. We'll see.

If the ST new film impress me, I would give the 2 a chance despite hating the writing on TF. Of course, that could be Bay's fault since he isn't a storyteller.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:30 AM   #122
hame4479
Side-Kick

Quote:
Tranformers was the most fun I had at the movies this year....so if they are working on MOS....great.
Cool because giant robots beat the **** out of each other. Horrible script tho, I don't want these guys take on superman. **** that, I want people who actually know the character this time. I have officially given up on all of these crap projects, TDK is the only comic adaptation that has a chance, along side Iron Man that is.

hame4479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:35 AM   #123
KaptainKrypton
Side-Kick

If in fact these two are taking a crack at Superman, then I hope that it was Bay's interference that somehow turned Transformers into popcorn fluff. Granted, there were some things that I thought were cool about the film. SOME of the dialogue was snappy (mostly Shia's), but on the whole I felt zero emotional resonance with any of the characters at the end of the thing. Just like Armageddon and Pearl Harbor. Who knows? Maybe these two could really do a Superman script some justice. I won't have a completely formed opinion until I see Trek, though. Regardless, I at least want someone who doesn't sacrifice story for explosions. Find the happy medium and run with that. But if it goes the way of Transformers, then those two can get bent...hard.

Ross Webster - President & CEO of Webscoe Industries
KaptainKrypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #124
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/news.php?id=7847

Quote:
There have been two biopics on the life of gay-rights activist Harvey Milk in Hollywood. One was with Bryan Singer directing called The Mayor of Castro Street, and rumor was that he was going to tackle that film before ever returning to direct a sequel to Superman Returns. The other was with Gus Van Sant directing with Sean Penn in the lead role titled simply Milk.

Well, if Singer wants to tackle Superman after he finishes with Valkyrie he can as Focus Features has greenlit Milk and will begin filming in January. Milk will shoot entirely in San Francisco, where Milk became the first openly gay man elected to office, in 1977. The next year, he and Mayor George Moscone were shot to death by city supervisor Dan White.

This will be the first feature film based on Milk. In 1985 The Times of Harvey Milk won an Oscar for Best Documentary. For those of you looking for that Superman sequel soon don't count on it as the writers strike certainly puts that one out of reach until resolved, but Singer has an opening in his schedule.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #125
ChickenScratch
Banned User

I much prefer Transformers to SR. Better writing, better directing, better characterization (plus Optimus didn't have baby mama drama). I would love to see the TF team take on Superman but Bay's already onto TF2. If Bay were to direct we would get a good sci-fi/action story with Superman actually hitting stuff!

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote