The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
DTL Commish
DTL Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 375
Default Dream Team League Rankings

Based on a couple of sugestions, and the amount of traffic this topic gets in the Discussion and Transactions threads, I've decided to create a thread for the ranking of characters.


So, what belongs in this thread? Discussion on what rank a character should be.

What doesn't belong in this thread? Non-DTL discussion, general DTL discussion, and transactions.


I will also be reserving the first few posts in this thread to use to list characters that we have ranked. To that end, there will be a post for tubers, ubers, middleweights, and regulars. And since our list of tubers will be in this thread, I will be removing them from the Update thread.



So, feel free to move any ongoing ranking discussions into the thread, as well as start any new ones.

DTL Commish is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
DTL Commish
DTL Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 375
Default Too Uber

The following characters (and those like them) have been deemed Too Uber, and are not allowed in the League:

Absorbing Man (Earth X)
Amazo (Rock of Ages)
Android Hourman
Captain Universe (any uber host)
Composite Man
Darkseid (Pre-Crisis)
The Destroyer
The Doctor
GA Android
The Fury
Imperiatrix/Rogue
Impossible Man (eXiles)
The Keeper
King Thor
Leejah
Magus (Technarchy)
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Dr. Manhattan
Odin
Queen of Fables
The Skull (Earth X)
Dr. Strangefate
Superboy of the 843rd Century
Super Adaptoid
Timazo
Takion
Validus (Green Lantern)
Zeus


Last edited by DTL Commish; 11-24-2007 at 12:23 PM.
DTL Commish is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
DTL Commish
DTL Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 375
Default Uber

The Following characters (and those like them) have been deemed Uber:

Adam Warlock (MU)
Apocalypse (MU)
Ares (DU)
Baron Zemo (Moonstone) (MU)
Black Alice (DU)
"Burnt Offering" Cable (MU)

Captain Atom (Wildstorm) (DU)
Captain Britain (w/Excalibur) (MU)
Captain Marvel (DU)
Captain Marvel (Genis 2x) (MU)
Crusade (MU)
Cyborg Superman (Sinestro Corps) (DU)
Dark Flash (Walter West) (DU)
Darkseid (DU) 1
Darkseid (Another Nail) (DU)
Doomsday-Brainiac (DU)
Etrigan (DU)
Exodus (MU)
Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson) (DU)
Dr. Fate IV (DU) Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) (DU)
Fernus (DU)
Firestorm (Stein) (DU)
Flash (Titans Tomorrow) (DU)
Firestorm (Elemental) (DU)
Gideon (MU)
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (DU)
Hadrian (Daemonite) (DU)
Hulk (MU)
Ion (Torchbearer) (DU)
Johnny Sorrow (DU)
Josef Huber (MU)
Juggernaut (MU)
Loki (The Reigning) (MU)
The Magus (Adam Warlock) (MU)
Martian Manhunter (DU) 1
Miss Martian (DU)
Mr. Majestic (DU)
Nate Grey (MU)
Nimrod (MU)
Nova (MU)
Orion (DU)
Over-Mind (MU)
Pulse-8 (DU)
Quasar (MU)
Replicant (DU)
Ressurection Man 1,000,000 (DU)
Shanzar (MU)
Silver Surfer (MU)
Spartan (Jack Marlowe) (DU)
Starhawk (Merged) (MU)
Stellaris (MU)
Dr. Strange (Gaea Aura) (MU)
Stryfe (MU)
Superman (Kingdom Come) (DU)
Superman (Titans Tomorrow) (DU)
Thanos (MU)
Thanos (Earth Quasar) (MU)
Thor (MU)
Tony Stark: Sorcerer Supreme (MU)
Union (DU)
Warlock (Jaine) (MU)
Wonder Woman (JLA/Witchblade) (DU)
Wonder Woman (Titans Tomorrow) (DU)
Xavier Juggernaut (MU)
Zatanna (DU)
Zoom (Blitz) (DU)


Last edited by DTL Commish; 11-11-2007 at 09:52 PM.
DTL Commish is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #4
DTL Commish
DTL Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 375
Default Middleweight

The Following characters (and those like them) have been deemed Middleweight:

Animal Man (Titans Tomorrow) (DM)
Apollo (DM)
Aquaman (DM)
Aztek (DM)
Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) (DM)
Brainiac 417 w/MonElves (DM)
Chunk (DM)
Cosmic King (DM)
Cyborg 2.0 (Titans Tomorrow) (DM)
Disruptor (DM)
Doom 2099 (MM)
Faith (DM)
Flash (Jay Garrick) (DM)
Gorilla Grodd (DM)
Iceman (MM)
Interloper (MM)
Invisible Woman (Malice) (MM)
Iron Man (MM)
Iron Man (with Mother Box) (MM)
Lightray (DM)
Magneto (Pre-Fatal Attractions) (MM)
Miss Martian (Titans of Tomorow) (DM)
Ronan (MM)
Rose Tatoo (DM)
Scarlet Witch (MM)
Steel (DM)
Super Skrull (MM)
The Engineer (DM)
The Taskmaster (Power Copier) (DM)
The Turtle (DM)
Ultimate Quicksilver (MM)
Vision (MM)
Vision (eXiles) (MM)
Vision II (Young Avengers) (MM)
Winter (DM)


Last edited by DTL Commish; 01-06-2008 at 11:55 PM.
DTL Commish is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
DTL Commish
DTL Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 375
Default Regular

The Following characters (and those like them) have been deemed Regular:

'Awn the Blink (DR)
Ambrose Chase (DR)
Animal Man (DR)
Aquawoman (Titans Tomorrow) (DR)
Baron Zemo (MR)
Batman (DR)
Batman (Titans Tomorrow) (DR)
Black Knight (Dane) (MR)
Black Panther (MR)
Blade (MR)
Captain America (MR)
Coldcast (DR)
Coronary (MR)
Cosmic Boy (DR)
Darkchylde (Inferno) (MR)
Dead Girl (MR)
Deadpool (MR)
Devil Slayer (MR)
Elijah Snow (DR)
Fate (Jared Stevens) (DR)
Flow (DR)
Forge (MR)
Forge (Ultimate) (MR)
Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch) (MR)
Havok (AOA) (MR)
Husk (MR)
Imus Champion (MR)
Inertia (SS) (MR)
Jaine Cutter (MR)
Javen(DR)
Karate Kid (Pre-Crisis/Countdown) (DR)
Kono (DR)
Magik II (MR)
Mathemanic (MR)
Midnighter (DR)
Mimic (Exiles) (MM)
Mister Miracle (DR)
Mount Joy (MM)
Mr. Terrific II (DR)
Multiple Man (MR)
Nemesis (DR)
Nightcrawler (AoA) (MR)
Nocturne (MR)
NorthStar (Agent of Hydra) (MR)
Patriarch (MR)
Praetor Lemnos (DM)
Proctor (MR)
Prometheus (DR)
Randall Dowling (DR)
Ravager (Titans Tomorrow) (DR)
Red Arrow (Titans Tomorrow) (Roy Harper) (DR)
Red Devil (Titans Tomorrow) (DR)
Reed Richards (MR)
Scarlet Spider (MR)
Spider-Man (MR)
The Atom (Ray Palmer) (DR)
The Drummer (DR)
The Ghost (MR)
Toyman (DR)
Traci Thirteen (DR)
Vandal Savage (1 Million) (DR)
Vixen (DR)
Wild Child (MR)
Wolverine (Death) (MR)
Wolverine (MR)
Zauriel (DR)


Last edited by DTL Commish; 01-06-2008 at 11:56 PM.
DTL Commish is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
The Leaguer
Banned User
 
The Leaguer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The ruins of Coast City
Posts: 14,036
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

First. Lawl.

The Leaguer is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #7
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,058
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Except for me.

Pwned!!!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #8
The Leaguer
Banned User
 
The Leaguer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The ruins of Coast City
Posts: 14,036
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

That's the first post labeled "wiegeabo" I seen. I am win!

The Leaguer is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:42 PM   #9
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Good idea. Glad to see it implemented.

Don't know. I think I made more than a few legitimate points in Discussion over the Super Skrull. Even Tim more or less came around and agreed to some extent with it.

Thoughts, Wieg?

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,058
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

I agree that Ronan and Super-Skrull should be the same weight.

But I think Super-Skrull should still be a low uber. And, looking at the powers listed in his Marvel biography, and your own description that Ronan is more powerful, Ronan should be a low uber too. (And, based on that, even if Skrull was a Mid, Ronan, being more powerful, would still be a low uber.)

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Oh, God. X is going to LIVE here now.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #12
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,058
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
Oh, God. X is going to LIVE here now.
But that means we can go live somewhere else.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #13
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I agree that Ronan and Super-Skrull should be the same weight.

But I think Super-Skrull should still be a low uber. And, looking at the powers listed in his Marvel biography, and your own description that Ronan is more powerful, Ronan should be a low uber too. (And, based on that, even if Skrull was a Mid, Ronan, being more powerful, would still be a low uber.)
So I guess you missed the part where he's nowhere near as skilled as the real Fantastic Four with his powers.

Or how his high end feats don't match the Invisible Woman's.

Or how he lacks the Thing's willpower to back up his strength and durability.

Or the fact that he doesn't have Reed's willpower.

He is NOT a one man Fantastic Four.

Once again... You do know that Sue alone demonstrated a large enough advantage over him to nearly kill him in short order?

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #14
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
Oh, God. X is going to LIVE here now.
Someone cares about the intricacies of the game, at least.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #15
The Leaguer
Banned User
 
The Leaguer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The ruins of Coast City
Posts: 14,036
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Because trying to get away with as much as you can means you're the only one who cares about intricacies.

The Leaguer is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Anyways, wieg, Pulse-8. Guy's got the whole Doctor-style reality manip. Did yu actually approve of him, or is X just retarded? And ugly. And smells like fish raised on a diet of pure cheese.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #17
The Leaguer
Banned User
 
The Leaguer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The ruins of Coast City
Posts: 14,036
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

I'm going to vote nay on Pulse-8. A guy who can edit reality is too far gone, especially when we haven't seen his limits.

The Leaguer is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #18
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
Anyways, wieg, Pulse-8. Guy's got the whole Doctor-style reality manip. Did yu actually approve of him, or is X just retarded? And ugly. And smells like fish raised on a diet of pure cheese.
I didn't put him on Gog's roster. Either Wieg or Tim did.

So ***** to them.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #19
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leaguer View Post
Because trying to get away with as much as you can means you're the only one who cares about intricacies.
I invest my time into the game, sporadically-appears-to-randomly-cry-lad.

If I've got a point or a stance, I support it.

And the Super Skrull bit has more to do with A) Him being one of my favorite characters and B) Me legitimately feeling he's useless as an uber.

I've stucken up for OTHER peoples characters just as much, as in King Thor for Corp. So shut the **** up.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #20
The Leaguer
Banned User
 
The Leaguer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The ruins of Coast City
Posts: 14,036
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Randomly crying is better than your non-stop weep-fest.

The Leaguer is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #21
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
I didn't put him on Gog's roster. Either Wieg or Tim did.

So ***** to them.
Read the SECOND word of my post, and you'll see that I was *****ing at wieg. Dummy.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #22
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,058
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

I don't remember doing it. Nor did I give him a ranking. I was thinking tuber. Any type of 'unlimited' reality warping is tuber. I don't know if Pulse-8 has a range, but being able to rewrite a GL ring (which only tuber Guardian's should be able to do, and tuber Ion did once) should put someone over the top.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #23
Dark Gog
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 559
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by X
Er, normal Iron Man is barely a middleweight.
He is? I believe I am already on record vouching for the inclusion of even the Extremis armor as a middle-weight. I certainly don't view this version as any worse (or even more formidable) than Lightray or B417, and I'll remind you you've repeteadly argued 853rd century tech makes New Gods tech 'look like child's play'.

Other potential mids such as Ronan or Hiroim would probably be at-least on par.

Quote:
Do you have any idea how potent a mother box/Iron Man combination is?
Why don't we start with how powerful he was depicted as in the crossover?

Otherwise, MBs generally protect their users from more esoteric attacks, open Boom Tubes, heal (which takes time), and perform scans. And yes, sometimes they create technology. But they are by their very nature not given to the same unbalancing abuse of power we worry about here, and rarely take orders from their wielders unless forced to.

__________________
The Batgirl Respect Thread.
Dark Gog is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #24
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,058
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
I invest my time into the game, sporadically-appears-to-randomly-cry-lad.

If I've got a point or a stance, I support it.

And the Super Skrull bit has more to do with A) Him being one of my favorite characters and B) Me legitimately feeling he's useless as an uber.

I've stucken up for OTHER peoples characters just as much, as in King Thor for Corp. So shut the **** up.
Being useless as an uber doesn't mean they shouldn't be an uber. And I respect that you love the guy, otherwise you wouldn't give such a damn about him.

But I could have sworn when he was given his powers in his first appearance back in the day (about the only Skrull I've read) the Skrull's not only made his Skrull powers more powerful, but made his F4 powers more powerful than the F4.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #25
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leaguer View Post
Randomly crying is better than your non-stop weep-fest.
Weak **** that I could of quoted you coming up with yesterday.

I'm just about done with the Super Skrull issue, I'm just going to leave it at this.

One - The character is NOT as powerful as literally ANY uber in the DTL. As a side-effect of that, he's completely outgunned and useless at said ranking. Logical action? Stick the character into the class he's shown himself to be in consistently in over 40 years of comics instead of rendering a character unusable by moving him upwards.

Two- His powers don't stack as they do on PAPER as is evident by the Invisible Woman alone almost killing him.

Doesn't possess the refined skill or the Invisible Woman.

Isn't as skilled or as strong willed as the Thing.

Isn't the genius that Richards is.

Doesn't have as great a control over his flame as the Torch does.

He lacks the intangible attributes of the combined Fantastic Four and isn't as effective as they are by a long shot.

We talk about Mimic having the reduced powers of multiple characters and he's a middleweight... Gee, what do you think the Super Skrull has? He suffers from the same exact thing as Mimic, except instead of the powers being reduced by such and such percent, he's lacking the attributes that mack the FF so potent, AND their skill.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.