The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-19-2006, 05:14 PM   #26
project13
Side-Kick

Re: How do you guys feel about the Eradicator?

Like I said, I like the Eradicator for the villian. It fact, I just started a thread on how he would appear in an SR sequel. Possible title:

SUPERMAN: ERADICATION

project13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #27
project13
Side-Kick

Dry Eradicator is the new Evil Superman(is it?)

Since no one would respond to the thread I made three days ago I thought I made a fresh new one. In Superman III, Supes turns evil by that "tar" kryptonite. Clark Kent fights his evil twin and won. Would it happen again, only this time, the good Clark Kent fights the Eradicator.

Please PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! respond

Old 12-21-2006, 06:38 PM   #28
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: Eradicator is the new Evil Superman(is it?)

The Eradicator isn't a clone/evil twin of Superman. He's a Kryptonian artificial inteligence that wants to remake Krypton on Earth.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #29
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Eradicator is the new Evil Superman(is it?)

I like the idea of the Eradicator coming to earth chasing down Jason, but think about how they could have used The Eradicator in Returns in regards to creating Krypton on Earth. I guess you could consider the "advanced Kryptonian technology" that Lex uses The Eradicator.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #30
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029
I like the idea of the Eradicator coming to earth chasing down Jason, but think about how they could have used The Eradicator in Returns in regards to creating Krypton on Earth. I guess you could consider the "advanced Kryptonian technology" that Lex uses The Eradicator.
the eradicator could be made on NK... and be setup up to be the villain in the movie and then at the end he can turn out to be a good guy cuz brainiac find his signal cuz hes been searching for the eradicator and his powers to use for himself and then you have a third movie setup

Lightning54SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:39 PM   #31
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

I could see Brainiac forming on NK due to advanced alien technology and then the Eradicator locates the signal of Brainiac and follows it from a distant planet to earth. There he discovers that Superman has a child that is not pure kryptonian and wants to destroy him. Meanwhile Brainiac is concocting a scheme to take over the world with some help from Lex.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #32
project13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
The Eradicator isn't a clone/evil twin of Superman. He's a Kryptonian artificial inteligence that wants to remake Krypton on Earth.

That's the point. The Eradicator might fuse with Superman's Kryptonian body thus turning into the Krypton Man. The Krypton Man would plot to use the remainig crystals in the FOS to convert Earth into NK. Then, the good Clark Kent splits from the Eradicator, fights him and deactivates the Krypton Man persona (violent, aggressive and coldhearted).

It would be like Superman III.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #33
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: Eradicator is the new Evil Superman(is it?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by project13
That's the point. The Eradicator might fuse with Superman's Kryptonian body thus turning into the Krypton Man. The Krypton Man would plot to use the remainig crystals in the FOS to convert Earth into NK. Then, the good Clark Kent splits from the Eradicator, fights him and deactivates the Krypton Man persona (violent, aggressive and coldhearted).

Why not just have The Eradicator create a body for itself?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #34
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:

I hope you realize that the battle between Clark Kent, and evil Superman didn't really happen.

It was nothing more than a visual representation of a mental battle that was going on in Superman's mind. It didn't physically happen. In the reality of the movie, there was no battle, it was just Superman rolling around in the garbage dump until his dominant personality asserted itself

Old 12-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #35
Dope Nose
Side-Kick

Quote:
that's sort of the problem. why show a scene that's already been done?

Dope Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:18 AM   #36
Dope Nose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak
I hope you realize that the battle between Clark Kent, and evil Superman didn't really happen.

It was nothing more than a visual representation of a mental battle that was going on in Superman's mind. It didn't physically happen. In the reality of the movie, there was no battle, it was just Superman rolling around in the garbage dump until his dominant personality asserted itself
what's that based on?

Old 12-23-2006, 08:33 AM   #37
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Nose
what's that based on?
it's based upon having a brain. Superman DOES NOT have the ability to split into two people. Nor is this an effect of kryptonite.

Superman goes bipolar after being exposed to the Tar Kryptonite. His evil personality takes over for a while. Then he hits rock bottom in the bar. And then freaks out in the junkyard.

You'll notice that everyone who can see Superman from a third person point of view, flee the scene when they see Superman screaming all crazy in the Junk Yard. There are no witnesses after that.

It's a total mental battle, within his psyche. It doesn't have to be based on anything. But if you want proof. When Superman and Clark Kent 'divide', why does Clark Kent have all his clothes, and his glasses? Where do they come from? Do they just appear out of no where? NO NO NO. Moreover, if Clark and Superman really divided, how the hell would Clark Kent survive the trash compactor (twice), the giant magnet, the acid spray? He couldn't, because Clark Kent and Superman would be seperate at that momment in the movie. It is an internal mental battle.

The whole battle b/w Clark Kent and Superman in SIII is an internal battle over Superman's bipolarized personality thanks to the TarKryptonite. It is not an actual physical battle that happens in the physical reality of the movie.

And please, if you guys didn't already get this, watch the bloody movie again, with your brains switched on

Last edited by Superfreak; 12-23-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #38
Dope Nose
Side-Kick

first of all, it was synthetic Kryptonite so you have no idea what effects it's capable of causing so maybe you should stop making assumptions. second of all, Superman has been split into two a dozen times in the comics so why you feel it wouldn't happen in the movie is beyond me. re: Clark's clothes and glasses, did it ever occur to you that perhaps those were what were all in his head?

here's an idea - try and think things through before you post.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:08 AM   #39
kamaldhamal2007
Side-Kick

hello guys

new to the forum.

I think SR was fine but i was dissapointed by the lack of action scenes.

Not super enough. Too much romance stuff and emotional stuff.

Nonetheless i give it a solid 6/10.

kamaldhamal2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #40
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
first of all, it was synthetic Kryptonite so you have no idea what effects it's capable of causing so maybe you should stop making assumptions. second of all, Superman has been split into two a dozen times in the comics so why you feel it wouldn't happen in the movie is beyond me. re: Clark's clothes and glasses, did it ever occur to you that perhaps those were what were all in his head?

here's an idea - try and think things through before you post.
Dude did it ever occur to you, that the whole thing was in his head. Watch the whole scene again, with an open mind. You'll see

also, if they had 'really' split in two, why did evil Superman disappear while being chocked? Why was there no body left?

Last edited by Superfreak; 12-23-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #41
project13
Side-Kick

Th Wink Re: Eradicator is the new Evil Superman(is it?)

Quote:

I get your point. There might be a mental battle between Clark Kent and the Eradicator.

P.S. I got the phrase "Krypton Man" from that story arc called "Day of the Krypton Man".

Old 12-23-2006, 10:21 AM   #42
Dope Nose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dude did it ever occur to you, that the whole thing was in his head. Watch the whole scene again, with an open mind. You'll see
you're missing the point. just because you think it was all in his head doesn't mean it was. if you're going to claim that a scene was meant to be interpreted in a particular way at least have some evidence to back it up as opposed to "just watch it, you'll see". otherwise comments about how you have a brain and we need to switch ours on just make you seem like an ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfreak
also, if they had 'really' split in two, why did evil Superman disappear while being chocked? Why was there no body left?
because his essence was absorbed back into Superman? because he was a physical manifestation of the effects of the Kryptonite whose material essence was based on Clark being susceptible to said effects? there could be hundreds of reasons.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:27 AM   #43
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
you're missing the point. just because you think it was all in his head doesn't mean it was. if you're going to claim that a scene was meant to be interpreted in a particular way at least have some evidence to back it up as opposed to "just watch it, you'll see". otherwise comments about how you have a brain and we need to switch ours on just make you seem like an ass.

because his essence was absorbed back into Superman? because he was a physical manifestation of the effects of the Kryptonite whose material essence was based on Clark being susceptible to said effects? there could be hundreds of reasons.
So, tell me, what makes your perspective right? Why don't you give me proof that Superman got split in two, Clark Kent, and Evil Superman. Show me proof that says it's not mental battle for the control over his body. Moreover, why don't you tell me, how a bunch of people telling superman he's not cool anymore, and little Ricky telling him he's in a slump, cause Superman to split in two? Tell me why TarKryptonite caused him to split at that point in the narrative of the movie? Tell me why it didn't cause him to split earlier?

And brilliant answer for the second(note my sarcasm)edit: "just like to add, that atleast my perspective relies on the source material, not some (non existant) supplimentary amendment to make all the peices fit"

my perspective is a far more plausible, and realistic way to look at it, that's for sure.

Last edited by Superfreak; 12-23-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:40 AM   #44
GreenKToo
In the fire

A mental battle does make more sense to me....only problem I have with it is the fact that after the "fight" is over,its clark standing there,not superman.before the ''fight'',it was superman in the dump.Did he just change back to clark when we didnt see??i'm not taking sides,just trying to figure it out.
Quote:
So, tell me, what makes your perspective right? Why don't you give me proof that Superman got split in two, Clark Kent, and Evil Superman. Show me proof that says it's not mental battle for the control over his body. Moreover, why don't you tell me, how a bunch of people telling superman he's not cool anymore, and little Ricky telling him he's in a slump, cause Superman to split in two? Tell me why TarKryptonite caused him to split at that point in the narrative of the movie? Tell me why it didn't cause him to split earlier?

And brilliant answer for the second(note my sarcasm)

my perspective is a far more plausible, and realistic way to look at it, that's for sure.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:07 AM   #45
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo
A mental battle does make more sense to me....only problem I have with it is the fact that after the "fight" is over,its clark standing there,not superman.before the ''fight'',it was superman in the dump.Did he just change back to clark when we didnt see??i'm not taking sides,just trying to figure it out.
see Clark wins, and then the mother of all shirt rips happens (signifying the re-assertion of the dominant 'good' personality). then, cut back to reality, Good Superman flies away from the dump.

It makes way more sense than interpreting the scene literally. The only thing it will never explain, is how the 'evil superman' dark costume (made so by the attack on the oil tanker) got clean again.

Last edited by Superfreak; 12-23-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #46
GreenKToo
In the fire

I see.that is a good point you have..

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #47
Dope Nose
Side-Kick

Quote:
so let me get this straight - you claim that it's a mental battle, that you have a brain and that anyone who disagrees with you is stupid. when I ask you what that claim is based on (which is apparently nothing except your own assumptions), your response is that the onus is on me to disprove YOUR opinions? sorry, it doesn't work like that. not once have I claimed that my perspective is correct. I've simply pointed out that the scene is open to interpretation so again, making posts telling us to "switch on" our brains just makes you seem like an ass.

here's an idea - why don't you explain to everyone here exactly how synthetic Kryptonite works. surely you must know given you're so certain that it wouldn't divide Superman in two. seriously, lay it out for everyone - what effects do synthetic Kryptonite cause? regarding why Ricky's opinion would cause the split, it's a pretty well known fact that psychological issues can manifest as physical symptoms, at least with regards to human physiology. going to argue now that a Kryptonian wouldn't be susceptible as well?

Quote:
you're arguing plausibility while discussing a flying alien in a red cape who shoots heat from his eyes? right.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #48
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Quote:
so let me get this straight - you claim that it's a mental battle, that you have a brain and that anyone who disagrees with you is stupid. when I ask you what that claim is based on (which is apparently nothing except your own assumptions), your response is that the onus is on me to disprove YOUR opinions? sorry, it doesn't work like that. not once have I claimed that my perspective is correct. I've simply pointed out that the scene is open to interpretation so again, making posts telling us to "switch on" our brains just makes you seem like an ass.

here's an idea - why don't you explain to everyone here exactly how synthetic Kryptonite works. surely you must know given you're so certain that it wouldn't divide Superman in two. seriously, lay it out for everyone - what effects do synthetic Kryptonite cause? regarding why Ricky's opinion would cause the split, it's a pretty well known fact that psychological issues can manifest as physical symptoms, at least with regards to human physiology. going to argue now that a Kryptonian wouldn't be susceptible as well?

you're arguing plausibility while discussing a flying alien in a red cape who shoots heat from his eyes? right.
you know, it's funny when people selectively quote: atleast my perspective doesn't need a magical explanation (that wasn't in the movie) explaining why artificial kryptonite makes him split in two. You ask me to prove what affects the synthetic Kryptonite has? Why? I don't have to make up something to explain my view. It's totally clear that it is an internal mental battle. Too bad you can't accept it.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #49
Dope Nose
Side-Kick

Quote:
you know, it's funny when people selectively quote: atleast my perspective doesn't need a magical explanation (that wasn't in the movie) explaining why artificial kryptonite makes him split in two. You ask me to prove what affects the synthetic Kryptonite has? Why? I don't have to make up something to explain my view. It's totally clear that it is an internal mental battle. Too bad you can't accept it.
fine, here's the one part of your message that I didn't quote -

Quote:
And brilliant answer for the second(note my sarcasm)edit: "just like to add, that atleast my perspective relies on the source material, not some (non existant) supplimentary amendment to make all the peices fit"
so your perspective relies on the source material even though, as I stated previously, Superman has been split in two dozens of times in the comics (i.e. the source material)? do you see the contradiction?

I'm not asking you to "make up something" to explain your view, I'm asking you to prove that your view is accurate given you've accused anyone who disagrees with it of stupidity. if it were "totally clear" that it's a mental battle then it wouldn't be open to interpretation and we wouldn't be having this argument. and the reason I asked you to explain what the effects of artificial Kryptonite are is because you stated earlier that splitting Superman in two is NOT one of the effects, which implies that you know what they are.

look, you can't have it both ways - you've stated what the effects of artificial K aren't, but can't explain what they are. you've stated that it's clear that it's a mental battle, but can't explain why it's clear.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #50
cryptic name
No Limits

i've never seen someone who thought the battle in Superman III was a literal one.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote