Brainiac 2009
Banned User

Default Re: Terence Stamp for the Eradicator

Smallville already killed this possibility

Brainiac 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #102
Brainiac 2009
Banned User

Default Re: How about The Eradicator be a woman?

I'd rather Eradicator be played by Routh and appear in the white glowing crystal \S/ suit Jor-El wore.

His eyes would be glowing blue like in Dune 1986.

Brainiac should be the machine one.

Brainiac 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #103
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: How about The Eradicator be a woman?

nah

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #104
project13
Side-Kick

Post Re: Terence Stamp for the Eradicator

Oh I mean he doesn't have to play the Eradicator but he might provide the voice and the Eradicator would be CGI.

project13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #105
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Default The official Eradicator thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eradicator_%28comics%29

THE ERADICATOR

One of my favorite villians in Superman history, the Eradicator I feel has always taken a backseat to Braniac in many folks eyes. Now most of you know me as the creator of the official Metallo casting thread and dedicated hater of Singer's vision and a hater of Browns football. But, that shouldn't stop us from discussing future villians in future Superman films, MOS or otherwise, hopefully otherwise. I would be happy as hell to have Eradicator as the villian in an established Superman film or an origin flick. Feel free to discuss the Eradicator in this thread.

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:26 AM   #106
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Default Re: The official Eradicator thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom420 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eradicator_%28comics%29

THE ERADICATOR

One of my favorite villians in Superman history, the Eradicator I feel has always taken a backseat to Braniac in many folks eyes. Now most of you know me as the creator of the official Metallo casting thread and dedicated hater of Singer's vision and a hater of Browns football. But, that shouldn't stop us from discussing future villians in future Superman films, MOS or otherwise, hopefully otherwise. I would be happy as hell to have Eradicator as the villian in an established Superman film or an origin flick. Feel free to discuss the Eradicator in this thread.
Interesting - it could be used in M.O.S - Movie could start off on Krypton, years before it exploded, this would be a great way to incorporate two diferent takes/ideas of how Krypton looks. It could be explained that similar to our planet, Krypton has "North and South poles" made of ice and harsh cold conditions, but in the middle of Krypton, there is flowing water, land etc - maybe the eradicator story could start there.
An alien life form, along with the eradicator machine is 'picked up' by someone evil from Krypton and the machine is altered to preserve krypton heritage - Kryptonian police/guards seize it, after a few wrong doings and leave it in the hands of the scientists.
Maybe it is what Jor El uses that tells him Krypton is in danger. Or maybe the machine is just a simple looking crystal??
He places the machine in Kal El's craft and it is the eradicator which produces the crystals and is stored in that crystal 'control system' we all saw in the films, more recently, SR.

I'm stuck as where to go next... Maybe a stand alone movie is better.. using the donnerverse jsut makes it harder to continue.. i don't know, i'm not a writer!

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #107
COMPO
Side-Kick

in the kevin smith script the eradicator was in it as a sort of ally of Supes against Brainiac.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #108
NotFadeAway
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPO View Post
in the kevin smith script the eradicator was in it as a sort of ally of Supes against Brainiac.
Wasn't that "K"?

LOST- 2004-2010: "The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. "

Best comic film of all time. The Dark Knight Rises!

NotFadeAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #109
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFadeAway View Post
Wasn't that "K"?
The Kevin Smith script mentions the Eradicator by name. It is what Brainiac is after, because of the Kryptonian knowledge/technology it has. I believe the term "K" was adapted after Burton took over, but I'm not positive. I know Kevin's script said Eradicator, and I'm pretty sure it was the Burton script which used the term "K," i.e. "Superman in his K-suit."

Kal-El Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #110
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I would be perfectly happy to have The Eradicator as a villain, with him turning good at the end, he is a great character.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:29 AM   #111
That'ssuper!
Banned User

He could be a great villain for perhaps explaining the origin of Jason, kill him in some way, restoring the Fortress and creating a great film with an adequate story. He needs to be a major ally to Superman in the end though.

That'ssuper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #112
That-Guy
Banned User

I love the Eradicator (as I'm sure you can tell) but something just occurred to me here. If he were ever introduced into a film, I'd want to see him evolve the way he did in the comics, going from a destructive device hell-bent on preserving Krypton's cold culture and eventually emerging as a protector and a hero. I wouldn't want them to just use him as another Zod only with no personality.

However, the risk of making a faithful Eradicator adaptation in this established continuity is painfully obvious when you consider Superman Returns. The Eradicator will obviously outshine Superman in every aspect because he'll be a more interesting character with the arc that he has, and thus a more interesting hero. Superman's character needs a serious overhaul before we introduce any other heroes. The biggest problem I had with SR was I felt like I left the movie understanding Lex, understanding Lois, Richard, Jimmy... but Superman was almost a blank slate. And I don't blame Routh for that. I blame writers and a director who didn't know what to do with him. Superman should have a bold, commanding presence. He shouldn't just be a guy who flies around and lifts things.

That-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #113
Super Kal
Side-Kick

I always saw the Eradicator as the essence of everything Kryptonian, so I would see him more as a tool for Kal-El to use to aid him in times of trouble

Old 12-09-2007, 12:58 AM   #114
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I think the Eradicator would be a great addition in a sequel to Superman Returns.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:02 AM   #115
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Me too. Played by Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #116
Nightwing1977
Want to see my mask??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I think the Eradicator would be a great addition in a sequel to Superman Returns.
Same here. Maybe they can use Braniac too. This could be kinda like the abandoned script Smith worked on.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 AM   #117
boog_spin
wearing tights somewhere

i hope they make the sequel...so many damn great storylines can be introduced...the possiblities are sooooooooooooo good

if you hate the kid..kill him...get supes pissed

you like the kid..supes gets pissed to protect him....

brainiac..

metallo

bazarro

corp lex....

supes dna on new krypton with "advanced alien technology" crystals

i think the sequel can kick ass continuing the current movie storyline

boog_spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #118
ChickenScratch
Banned User

I would love to see Eradicator in the movie. The movie could start with Superman fighting an epic battle or saving a bunch of people but he's left injured and limps back to the fortress. He'll activate the Eradicator unknowingly since he's never been that injured in the fortress, it comes out and replaces him while he recovers and we get to have people see Clark and "Superman" in the same place. The Eradicator's activity will awaken Brainiac, maybe he's on New Krypton or somewhere else. The final battle will be a half powered Superman not yet recovered fighting Brainiac for Eradicator after he's fully realized what it is and what it means to his dead home world.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #119
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

Interesting idea.

Kal-El Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #120
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Yeah, I would like to see The Eradicator...

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #121
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: How do you guys feel about the Eradicator?

Hmm... I still like "Superman: Stays"

Old 12-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #122
The Guard
Side-Kick

Superman Remains.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #123
dark_b
Side-Kick

superman: this time more action with a budget over 150 milions and a 10 milion deleted scene.

pathetic

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #124
Indrid Cold
I'll see you in time.

Superman Triumphant!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #125
That'ssuper!
Banned User

Superman: Stays On A Live Planet for Once.

That'ssuper! is offline   Reply With Quote