The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #351
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default 1st Action Sequence?

What would you guys like to see for the first action sequence in the sequel? Would you like to see Superman go up against a minor villain like Shrapnel or Chemo, someone of that ilk, or would you just like to see great Superman rescue?

Me, i wouldnt mind seeing a minor villain, but a major sequence i've had in my head for a while now that i would like to see is Superman stopping a meteorite hitting a major city. Perhaps we could see Superman wrestle a tidalwave like Singer wanted to at the end of SR but couldnt get the extra money for.

This will be just purely for fun of course, and i would people to contribute no matter what you thought of SR (I loved it personally), but PLEASE dont turn this into another haters vs lovers thread.

So what would you guys like to see as the 1st action sequence?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-23-2007, 11:28 AM   #352
SamuraiSon6
Side-Kick

Default Re: 1st Action Sequence?

i am not so sure i like the idea of a minor villian because i dont feel the general public knows superman's minor villians, therefore he would probably come of as cheesy, i thought that the airplane scene and the robbery with the turret gun were SUPERB, only problem was they were the best action in the movie
however, if they were the OPENING action that led to bigger things, they would have been perfect IMO

Old 02-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #353
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSon6 View Post
i am not so sure i like the idea of a minor villian because i dont feel the general public knows superman's minor villians, therefore he would probably come of as cheesy, i thought that the airplane scene and the robbery with the turret gun were SUPERB, only problem was they were the best action in the movie
however, if they were the OPENING action that led to bigger things, they would have been perfect IMO
Hmm see what you mean about the plane and gun turret sequences, but i loved the third act sequences as well, especialy the lifting of NK and the fall back down.

But yeah what i meant with this thread was it would be the first action sequence of the movie to introduce it. Obviously the bigger sequences with the major villain would come later.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #354
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Superman versus a Brainiac drone, then he finds out its Kryptonian and goes of into space to meet the real Brainiac.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #355
ROBOCOP CPU001

actually i would rather this.. this is the beggining of the movie..

we start just looking at the city..calm and collected..we begin to look at the city from street level.. then Bam..supes burst through the side of a building..at ground level..he smashes into cars...walking from the settling dust is john corben.. already Metello (played by Jason statham)...supes gets up and flys at him..upper cutting Metello into and through the building they just come from...

something like that..straight into the action.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #356
GreenKToo
In the fire

A minor villain, just to show that their are other threats out there other than Lex.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #357
SamuraiSon6
Side-Kick

but the question is what minor villain to use that can easily be explained (powers etc.) and the pulblic believes/accepts with not background/introduction

i personally wouldnt mind a montage of supes performing all sorts of acts from the mundane saving a cat in a tree to stopping a minor villain or meteor, all in a montage as i stated to show that superman has actually "returned" his former self

Old 02-24-2007, 07:06 AM   #358
ROBOCOP CPU001

i like my idea..its simple and it doesn't need explaining..i have bever really brought into having to explain every charactor..just some dialog from the bad guy..in this case Metello.. Like

"ever since luthor did this to me.. made me a...man of steel..ive hated you..i'm the real man of steel"

if you have his skin partly ripped of it would explain he is a cyborg.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #359
ETHAR-N
Side-Kick

I like your begining, very similar to DIE HARD: with a vengance. that was: city city (hot town summer in the city) Explosion. Right into action!!!

My art: www.dibujosderod.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #360
ROBOCOP CPU001

Thanks, shame they will never take that idea away.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #361
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

They might start off with an action scene though, could be even more of a minor villian(S). I would say Superman battling Intergang at the beginning would be a cool visual. Maybe he finally stops whatever Intergang is doing and hears some rumbling and a minor villian appears, maybe even Metallo.

Last edited by Showtime; 02-24-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:10 AM   #362
ROBOCOP CPU001

Metello IMO is a minor villian.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:17 AM   #363
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOCOP CPU001 View Post
Metello IMO is a minor villian.
I agree, I meant that Intergang would be the more minor villians, then Metallo would be icing on the cake.

I would like to see Metallo as an even bigger foe, Superman thinks his job is done with Intergang. Then Metallo appears.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:21 AM   #364
ROBOCOP CPU001

I think metello could be brought in later..after he is arrested.. you know by luthor..or even used as a vessel for Brainiac.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #365
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Hmmm that is an interesting thought. I like it.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:23 AM   #366
ThanosOfTitans
The Mad Titan

yeah, i would like to see superman fighting a real villain with powers. Metallo, Bizzaro or maybe even Parasite...or Brainiac's drones...but please...no more conflicts with nature or man-made objects...

i've had more than enough of superman pushing, lifting and flying towards inanimate objects and forces of nature. and enough of the catching people from buildings....and catching objects before they crush people...it's all just been done soooooooo much.

hopefully this movie will start off with a villain...and not a plain, meteorite, tornado, bomb, or anything like that

hopefully the sequel will being some imagination and creativity to the franchise.

like an imaginative and creative way to kill of the kid or make him a villain.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:40 AM   #367
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosOfTitans View Post
yeah, i would like to see superman fighting a real villain with powers. Metallo, Bizzaro or maybe even Parasite...or Brainiac's drones...but please...no more conflicts with nature or man-made objects...

i've had more than enough of superman pushing, lifting and flying towards inanimate objects and forces of nature. and enough of the catching people from buildings....and catching objects before they crush people...it's all just been done soooooooo much.

hopefully this movie will start off with a villain...and not a plain, meteorite, tornado, bomb, or anything like that

hopefully the sequel will being some imagination and creativity to the franchise.

like an imaginative and creative way to kill of the kid or make him a villain.
i want lifting and pushing. but i dont want to see that in hte finale. he should save people. but at the end they should have an epic battle.
fans deserve this.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #368
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

If Metallo is in the sequel Superman better not defeat him by heat vision. That would be so lame and predictable

Old 02-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #369
lujho
Side-Kick

A bond-style opening vignette with a lesser-known supervaillain would be great. It's a great way to expand SUperman's universe without having to involve it in the main plot. Show them that Superman's not always just fighting Luthor, earthquakes and bank robbers.

The audience doesn't have to KNOW the villain. Doesn't need to know their origin. Just show a cool scene... like a 10 minute short film, you know. Explain the villain's powers visually and have Superman call the character by name, that's all you need to do.

Would work great for Batman too. No-one needs to see a whole Batman where Killer Croc is the main villain or another movie that introduces Riddler or Penguin or whatever. But a nice short little scene where Batman is up against the villain, who is already well-known to Batman. Or you could do the opposite and show Batman fighting some low-level, small time crime, bringing in a simple everyday murderer to Gordon or something.

But yeah, back to Superman - a pre-credits scene that is unrelated to the main story woudl be great, because it can expan his world without having to devote a whole film to it.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #370
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Putting him in a fight at the very start of the movie would be great. A city in chaos. The key would be having a fight towards the climax with a greater foe that tops the first one.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #371
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
A bond-style opening vignette with a lesser-known supervaillain would be great. It's a great way to expand SUperman's universe without having to involve it in the main plot. Show them that Superman's not always just fighting Luthor, earthquakes and bank robbers.

The audience doesn't have to KNOW the villain. Doesn't need to know their origin. Just show a cool scene... like a 10 minute short film, you know. Explain the villain's powers visually and have Superman call the character by name, that's all you need to do.

Would work great for Batman too. No-one needs to see a whole Batman where Killer Croc is the main villain or another movie that introduces Riddler or Penguin or whatever. But a nice short little scene where Batman is up against the villain, who is already well-known to Batman. Or you could do the opposite and show Batman fighting some low-level, small time crime, bringing in a simple everyday murderer to Gordon or something.

But yeah, back to Superman - a pre-credits scene that is unrelated to the main story woudl be great, because it can expan his world without having to devote a whole film to it.
Agreed 100%.

Personally, I think Neutron would be perfect for the sequence.

They're both physically equal, so we can have them in a slugfest or a heat-vision/energy blast aerial dogfight for a bit, then Neutron's armor somehow gets cracked and he begins to blow up, so Superman hurls him up into the sky where Neutron's detonation won't endanger any innocents. After the explosion, we can also get a chance to introduce S.T.A.R. Labs by showing some technitions gathering the ambient energy left over from Neutron, while Superman smiles at them and they exchange mutual gratitude.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:43 PM   #372
WormyT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post

So what would you guys like to see as the 1st action sequence?

PS:NOT made by me.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #373
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WormyT View Post

PS:NOT made by me.
OLD

Old 02-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #374
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post

That's one hell of an idea

This is gold

Old 02-26-2007, 02:16 AM   #375
ROBOCOP CPU001

funny.. i thought i came up with the idea of action in the opening with a mini villian..and Lujho gets the damn credit..

just my luck.

Closed Thread