Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #1351
Dan
Banned User

Default Re: Scaling back the budget/Wrath of Khan theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Wow...Dan. Take it down a notch. Just like you get to go ballistic about the value of a movie, others can say they don't like it. The whole freedom of speech thing.
Hypocrisy much? You state "freedom of speech" as if you wear as a badge on your chest, yet, ironically, I never once in my reply tried to stop Super Kal from expressing his opinions; in fact, I urge him to keep doing it. Just because I disagree with his views doesn't mean I still don't respect him as a poster. You, on the other hand, are the one telling me "take it down a notch." Why do you feel the need to remind me that Super Kal has the right to express his opinion? It's quite obvious that he does as he is doing it in this thread, just as I am. Who are you? The resident nanny of the Superman forums?

Quote:
Since I know you were another poster here before, why don't you just tell me who you are so I don't have to ask somebody to find out?
One point for me. Before I posted my reply, I predicted to myself that some idiot was going to read my reply, and automatically assume and accuse me of being another poster on this forum just because of my passionate views; it's just I expected it to come from a zealous comic fanatic, not you. I did actually used to have a different screen-name, though it's not one you'll recognize because, like I now do with this screen-name, I just lurked these forums and RARELY ever posted. I've even chatted with Guard on AIM before, so he's able to vouch for me. Please get off your high horse. Super Kal is an adult and knows that I still respect him as a poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal
so did I... there were problems in the movie, but I still liked it, because it kept me entertained.
You're too easily entertained.

Quote:
He's another incarnation of a previous poster.
Wow!

Stop embarrassing yourself. Check my I.P. address and you'll even find proof that I am a unique poster. Just because you disagree with my opinion, doesn't give you the right to slander my screen-name. Remember the whole freedom of speech thing you just preached to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porygon
How do you know?
He doesn't; he's simply jumping to conclusions without any evidence whatsoever just because I'm passionate about SUPERMAN RETURNS. And quite frankly I take offense to that. Again, Guard knows who I am; I've chatted with him on AIM nefore and he's able to vouch for me. I'm sorry, Showtime, that I don't have time to devote my entire life to this message board and have 10,000+ posts.

Last edited by Dan; 11-15-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #1352
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hypocrisy much? You state "freedom of speech" as if you wear as a badge on your chest, yet, ironically, I never once in my reply tried to stop Super Kal from expressing his opinions; in fact, I urge him to keep doing it. Just because I disagree with his views doesn't mean I still don't respect him as a poster. You, on the other hand, are the one telling me "take it down a notch." Why do you feel the need to remind me that Super Kal has the right to express his opinion? It's quite obvious that he does as he is doing it in this thread, just as I am. Who are you? The resident nanny of the Superman forums?
You didn't have to tell him to stop, instead you insulted his opinions, I won't make you scroll back, I'll just post it right below. I feel the need to remind you because you obviously need a reminder. This doesn't seem like you are open to other opinions, but you can keep claiming you are with your long drawn out paragraphs.

Quote:
No, he isn't. He's simply defending a decent film that is senselessly bashed by over-zealous comic fanboys because it wasn't faithful to their oh-so-precious toilet paper books (yes, I called them that; get over it). Singer is hardly Superman's savior. I don't think ANYONE actually thinks that. Quit exaggerating and go back to doing what you do best: whining about the colors of the Superman suit that NO ONE in their right mind gives two ****s about and listening to your recycled, simplistic, "epic" (psh, fanboys overuse the word epic) Steve Jablonsky (aka Hans Zimmer) TRANSFORMERS score.
...seems so open to others opinions.

Quote:
One point for me. Before I posted my reply, I predicted to myself that some idiot was going to read my reply, and automatically assume and accuse me of being another poster on this forum just because of my passionate views; it's just I expected it to come from a zealous comic fanatic, not you. I did actually used to have a different screen-name, though it's not one you'll recognize because, like I now do with this screen-name, I just lurked these forums and RARELY ever posted. I've even chatted with Guard on AIM before, so he's able to vouch for me. Please get off your high horse. Super Kal is an adult and knows that I still respect him as a poster.
Why do I care if you chatted with The Guard before? If I was him I wouldn't vouch for you, considering what a good poster he is. I'm sure Super Kal loves you belittling his opinion while at the same time attempting to potray yourself as somebody that has respect for other posters. It's beautiful to watch.

Quote:
Stop embarrassing yourself. Check my I.P. address and you'll even find proof that I am a unique poster. Just because you disagree with my opinion, doesn't give you the right to slander my screen-name. Remember the whole freedom of speech thing you just preached to me?
Calling yourself a unique posters is pretty ironic to say the least, and obviously if you've been lurking on this board as you say you have, you would know that I am a big supporter of Superman Returns...

Quote:
He doesn't; he's simply jumping to conclusions without any evidence whatsoever just because I'm passionate about SUPERMAN RETURNS. And quite frankly I take offense to that. Again, Guard knows who I am; I've chatted with him on AIM nefore and he's able to vouch for me. I'm sorry, Showtime, that I don't have time to devote my entire life to this message board and have 10,000+ posts.
Again, I don't care if Guard knows who you are, I am not sure what that is supposed to mean. I am not jumping to conclusions about your like or dislike for Superman Returns, I am commenting on your claim that you accept others views while you trash them at the same time.

So you're trying to make fun of me because of my post count...I run a company and make money while being able to post on a messageboard. I really don't think the jokes on me.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #1353
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're too easily entertained.
dan, you don't know a damn thing about me, so don't make assumptions you can't back up with facts.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #1354
buggs0268
Banned User

The whole him lifting New K was stupid. People in my audience in both shows were asking how he could do that after he was just standing on it and lost his powers. Also, while he was lifting this thing and was not even out of the atmosphere, pure pieces of Kryptonite where sticking out right next to his face. And the recharging thing was just stupid too. he was barely recharged, and also, he would have gotten a hell of a lot more recharged being outside of our atmosphere where there is nothing to block out the full rays of the sun. furthermore, if the gravity was low enough to keep NK in outerspace at the point that he let it go, then he would have floated out to space as well, and not back down to earth.

Reason why I say this. Even if it is from the comics, even though I don't think they would have done that in the comics, the audience didn't get it. I heard my audience in both shows say that was stupid. Or "how could he lift it if he was de-powered standing on it.

Doesn't matter anyway, the WB is not going to make a sequel to it. It will be a reboot, or an offshoot of JLA. Once JLA info starts coming out and people say they like what they see more, the WB will scrap any SR2. I have a feeling that is what they are waiting for now. And SR has 2 top execs against it, and the top exec upset about the first one.

Last edited by buggs0268; 11-15-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #1355
Lightning54SC
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Why am I still posting?

The funny thing is, I totally agree with The Guard about that scene in Batman Begins, I didn't believe it for a second, it was so f'n forced and out of character.
how are you so sure... have you been set in the situation before... i can tell you i kind of had been not to that degree but for years i was upset with a certian family member and when and what they had was destroyed i felt remorse for my actions that were previous to what i was feeling right then and there, in no way do i feel as if it was forced, as a mtter of fact im watching it now and dont see it...

also i think we as a generation try to find too many flaws, what happened to just kicking back and enjoying something

Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #1356
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
He's another incarnation of a previous poster.
Saph just never learns...

Old 11-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #1357
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, he isn't. He's simply defending a decent film that is senselessly bashed by over-zealous comic fanboys because it wasn't faithful to their oh-so-precious toilet paper books (yes, I called them that; get over it). Singer is hardly Superman's savior. I don't think ANYONE actually thinks that. Quit exaggerating and go back to doing what you do best: whining about the colors of the Superman suit that NO ONE in their right mind gives two ****s about and listening to your recycled, simplistic, "epic" (psh, fanboys overuse the word epic) Steve Jablonsky (aka Hans Zimmer) TRANSFORMERS score.

Don't get me wrong: I have my fair share of problems with the film, too (after all, no film is perfect), but the extreme extents to which you fanatics take is just ridiculous, and quite frankly, laughable.

There's a reason critics recently listed Bryan Singer as one of the top 100 directors of all time (living and dead). You may laugh that 100 is a large number, but most of the ones included were obscure foreign directors, you’d never hear about. And, by the way, your precious Michael Bay was no where NEAR the list.

I honestly don't know right now whether or not Singer is going to direct a sequel. Would I like him to? Abso-****ing-lutely, only because I know exactly what type of film it’s going to be if WB should choose not use him. Fanboys need to wake up if they think that if WB isn’t going to use Singer again, there's still a possibility of them hiring a good character director. No, if they’re going to get another good character director, like Singer, they're just going to keep him. In other words, if they don't hire Singer again, they're going to go for the extreme opposite (i.e. a Michael Bay-type director) and that's EXACTLY what I DON'T want to see done to, what is, in my opinion, the most amazing superhero ever.

Then again, I know that's exactly the type of director you'd want to see on this film.
Well said, bro.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #1358
buggs0268
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
Well I just messaged Excelsior. If it is him, we will know. And if it is you Saph, going down again. If it isn't, we had to check.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #1359
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Do you have a list of all the Saph Names? I think I asked you before, but that would be interesting. See if there is a pattern.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #1360
buggs0268
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime;
Do you have a list of all the Saph Names? I think I asked you before, but that would be interesting. See if there is a pattern.
I stopped keeping count. But he might not be Saph but another permanently banned user

Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #1361
Super Kal
Side-Kick

edit: so how have you been, Dan33977?

Last edited by Super Kal; 11-15-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:37 PM   #1362
buggs0268
Banned User

Or maybe another guy who was banned but with a similar name. Notice how he is quiet now. And Dan, if you haven't already guessed, we already know who you are, and it ain't Saph, but someone just like him.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #1363
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
He wasn't too inventive with the name change.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #1364
buggs0268
Banned User

nah Saph isn't either. Sometimes he tried but there are ways.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #1365
buggs0268
Banned User

edited by me.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #1366
Super Kal
Side-Kick

i got it

Old 11-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #1367
buggs0268
Banned User

I love it when these banned for life guys sneak in again. They scream and yell at you in debate, then when caught, they turn into a mute.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #1368
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs0268 View Post
I love it when these banned for life guys sneak in again. They scream and yell at you in debate, then when caught, they turn into a mute.
Didn't you read one of the posts though? He doesn't have time to make over 10,000 posts!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #1369
buggs0268
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Didn't you read one of the posts though? He doesn't have time to make over 10,000 posts!
Oh I am sure he is a very busy man. He has numerous stealth names on numerous sites he has been banned on to get back into.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #1370
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Im not a Star Trek fan at all but Wrath of Khan is one of my favourite films

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #1371
buggs0268
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Im not a Star Trek fan at all but Wrath of Khan is one of my favourite films
I think ST2's biggest thing that led to it's success is that it was written by two writers who were not trek fans and were forced to watch all 79 episodes before they started on the script so they could see from an open view the cast dynamics and also the gravitas that it needed.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #1372
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs0268 View Post
I think ST2's biggest thing that led to it's success is that it was written by two writers who were not trek fans and were forced to watch all 79 episodes before they started on the script so they could see from an open view the cast dynamics and also the gravitas that it needed.
so it was a fresh take, didnt know that

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #1373
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I haven't seen any of them.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #1374
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Quote:

Somebody here needs to calm the hell down! Relax and take a sip of some grape drink.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #1375
Dan
Banned User

Wow! Idiocy, exaggeration, and over-reaction prevails!

Quote:
Why do I care if you chatted with The Guard before? If I was him I wouldn't vouch for you, considering what a good poster he is.
No, what I meant is he knows I'm not a reincarnation of one of the many infamous morons (i.e. Saph) who used to post in the Superman forums like you've wrongfully accused me of being.

Quote:
Calling yourself a unique posters is pretty ironic to say the least, and obviously if you've been lurking on this board as you say you have, you would know that I am a big supporter of Superman Returns...
Again, you accused of being a reincarnation of a previous (well-known) poster (which is quite aggravating I might add), so by unique I meant...well...unique.

And, yes, I am aware that you're a strong supporter of SUPERMAN RETURNS. What's your point? I never said you weren't. My entire previous reply was meant to attack you for automatically accusing me of being a reincarnation of a previous (well-known) poster.

Quote:
Again, I don't care if Guard knows who you are, I am not sure what that is supposed to mean.
Again, what I meant is he knows I'm not a reincarnation of a previous (well-known) poster because he knows me. I'm Dan. I've always been Dan. No one else. Now, as I said in my previous reply, I did used to have another screen-name very similar to this name, but not one you'd recognize because, as with this name, I hardly ever posted and mainly just lurked.

Quote:
I am not jumping to conclusions about your like or dislike for Superman Returns, I am commenting on your claim that you accept others views while you trash them at the same time.
Uhh, no, re-read my reply; I never said you were jumping to conclusions about my like for SUPERMAN RETURNS; I said you were jumping to conclusions about me a reincarnation of a previous poster.

Quote:
So you're trying to make fun of me because of my post count...I run a company and make money while being able to post on a messageboard. I really don't think the jokes on me.
What I meant is that just because I'm a "newbie" with a low post count doesn't mean I haven't lurked on here for a long time; it wasn't mean to insult you in the slightest. Sorry about that.

Quote:
dan, you don't know a damn thing about me, so don't make assumptions you can't back up with facts.
How ironic you're telling me this when just shortly after you do just the same to me:

Quote:
Explain to me why you just lectured me on not making assumptions about you when I cannot back them up when you just did the same exact thing to me here. Ladies, just because I have a passionate opinion about SUPERMAN RETURNS does automatically make me Saph. In fact, I don't even know who Saph is, although I'm aware of his name because I've seen Buggs wrongfully accuse another poster of being him before, just like you and Showtime are doing to me now. You people are as militant as Bush's neocons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs0268
Well I just messaged Excelsior. If it is him, we will know. And if it is you Saph, going down again. If it isn't, we had to check.
I don't understand why you people jump to conclusions when there is NO evidence that I'm Saph. How embarrassing this is going to be for you when the truth comes out that I'm not Saph. And you two have done this before to another poster. How pathetic. I already smell your credibility being flushed down the toilet. And soon every poster will be accused of being Saph by you.

Quote:
And you're jumping to conclusions again. I cannot wait until you zealots are proven wrong.

Quote:
I stopped keeping count. But he might not be Saph but another permanently banned user
Yes, you are correct. And if you had actually read my previous reply instead of jumping to asinine conclusions like you did, you'd know that I've already admitted to being a previous poster, but just not one that any of you would recognize because, like with this screen-name, I mainly lurked and hardly posted on SHH, much less in the Superman forums; I think I made one post in these forums on my previous screen-name, so, again, I wouldn't be anyone you would have encountered before.

Quote:
Too slow. Like I just posted above to Buggs, go read my previous reply in which I admit to Showtime to being another poster. It's just in this case, it isn't a poster who you'd be familiar with as I hardly made a "name" for myself and posted probably once in the Superman forums.

Quote:
Or maybe another guy who was banned but with a similar name. Notice how he is quiet now. And Dan, if you haven't already guessed, we already know who you are, and it ain't Saph, but someone just like him.
Someone just like him? Christ, you all are acting like you knew me as Dan33977! I posted about ONCE before in the Superman forums under that screen-name, and it was in the sequel villain thread about a year ago! In fact, go check for yourselves: it's on the first page of the thread and it's hardly what I'd call a militant reply like you zealots are making me out to be. Plus, it was a year ago. You're acting like it's some huge revelation that I'm Dan33977. I hardly posted on it the extent that you've probably never even heard of the screen-name before now!

Quote:
My God, give me some time, Buggs. We cannot all be patrolling this forum 24/7, ready to reply to someone IMMEDIATELY after they've replied. I'm sorry I couldn't be here the INSTANT you replied.

Having said all that, my previous reply was a bit over-the-top. Super Kal, I'm sorry if I offended you any way.

Last edited by Dan; 11-15-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Closed Thread