Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #151
Kroc1138
Side-Kick

Default Re: Maybe these fights could inspire Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question
No one can be hit by the true power of the Omega Effect and survive. Absolutely no one. Darkseid has simply never used the true power of the Omega Effect on Superman.
You do know that's a "No Limits Fallacy" and second Doomsday did in fact withstand the full Omega Effect without any injury. (As seen in Hunter/Prey) As for Superman, I hear that in the DCU that since he is a major player in the history of the Universe to come there is some Higher power that prevents Darkseid's Omega Effect from Killing him. I'll have to see if I can find a source for it.

Or is it saved... (11/7/06)
Old 09-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #152
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: Maybe these fights could inspire Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc1138
You do know that's a "No Limits Fallacy"
A what?

Quote:
and second Doomsday did in fact withstand the full Omega Effect without any injury. (As seen in Hunter/Prey)
No, he didn't. Darkseid can create lesser varients of the effect that are merely concussion/heat beams. He used such a varient on Doomsday because he felt that it was all that was necessairy. He underestimated Doomsday and was forced into a direct physical confrontation before he could correct himself.

Quote:
As for Superman, I hear that in the DCU that since he is a major player in the history of the Universe to come there is some Higher power that prevents Darkseid's Omega Effect from Killing him. I'll have to see if I can find a source for it.
I doubt it. Superman's one of Earth's greatest heroes, yes, but compared to the cosmic types like The Endless, The Spectre, Lucifer, The Phantom Stranger, and so on, he's still a small fish in a very big pond.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #153
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
No, he didn't. Darkseid can create lesser varients of the effect that are merely concussion/heat beams. He used such a varient on Doomsday because he felt that it was all that was necessairy. He underestimated Doomsday and was forced into a direct physical confrontation before he could correct himself.

Everyone who references that scene in Hunter/Prey always seems to overlook the fact that Darkseid specifically said that he was only using the beams to create heat. He didn't mention anything about using the full-on Omega Effect, as many of people claim.

And only a couple pages later, we see that Doomsday attacked Darkseid from behind, in order for the writers to credibly allow Doomsy to get the drop on Darkseid, and then they had him be knocked out before he could rectify his earlier mistake and wipe Doomsday from existance.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #154
Kroc1138
Side-Kick

Quote:
A what?
The Notion that You are stating that Darkseid's Omega Effect has ABSOLUTELY no limits when there are very few things in existence (that are known or if any) that can take claim to having no Limits. Especially since it has been shown that Darkseid's Omega Effect can be Negated in the comics. Blame that on writer inconsistency.

Quote:
This I know. But it is still inconclusive as to what Level he had His Effect on DD. I'm not going to say that it was his Full force. But I still say that you can't really say with conviction that the Omega Effect is absolutely unable to be resisted.

Quote:
I doubt it. Superman's one of Earth's greatest heroes, yes, but compared to the cosmic types like The Endless, The Spectre, Lucifer, The Phantom Stranger, and so on, he's still a small fish in a very big pond.
I know that. It was the point I was trying to make. I'm saying that some external Higher power protects Superman from Darkseid's Omega Effect.

Old 09-30-2006, 04:11 PM   #155
Kroc1138
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1

Everyone who references that scene in Hunter/Prey always seems to overlook the fact that Darkseid specifically said that he was only using the beams to create heat. He didn't mention anything about using the full-on Omega Effect, as many of people claim.
You know what you just did? You Manipulated the Dialog that you referenced to your benefit. (But I forgive you I did so to) Darkseid wasn't really specific in how How he was using the his effect. He just commented on how they are far hotter than the Fire pits of Apokalips. (Which are safe to assume, as hot as a Nuclear Bomb)

Quote:
And only a couple pages later, we see that Doomsday attacked Darkseid from behind, in order for the writers to credibly allow Doomsy to get the drop on Darkseid,
Really Now that is an even bigger unsupported assumption. Even if DD attacked Darkseid Head on Darkseid would Lose badly. Strength for strength he is at most on par with Superman. He certainly isn't as fast however, whereas DD is closer to Superman's Speed Level. Take that including that DD is a quick and Brutal Killer and we have a dead Darkseid. (which is almost the case in Hunter/Prey)

Quote:
and then they had him be knocked out before he could rectify his earlier mistake and wipe Doomsday from existance.
If he even could do it. Doomsday at that point was doing ludicrously powerful things. There is little evidence to support either of us in this, but a Little bit suppoprts me. Mainly that Doomsday as he was written in H/P was basically and nigh unstoppable locamotive. Even if Darkseid used the full effect of the Omega Beams on DD, based on the parameters of the storyline, DD would have walked away from that w/o injury. Especially, since Darkseid gave him a sample of his power that would allow DD to instantly evolve to higher level of the Omega effect.

Old 09-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #156
The Question

Quote:
The Notion that You are stating that Darkseid's Omega Effect has ABSOLUTELY no limits when there are very few things in existence (that are known or if any) that can take claim to having no Limits. Especially since it has been shown that Darkseid's Omega Effect can be Negated in the comics. Blame that on writer inconsistency.
The only thing in the universe that would be imune to the Omega Effect is the Source. This is a fact.

Quote:
This I know. But it is still inconclusive as to what Level he had His Effect on DD. I'm not going to say that it was his Full force. But I still say that you can't really say with conviction that the Omega Effect is absolutely unable to be resisted.
Yes, I can. Let me explain the Omega Effect to you:

In the begining of things, there was creation. The force that resulted in all existence within the universe. Scientifically, it is known as the Alpha Effect. Most entities that have encountered it refer to it as The Source of The Presence. We know it as God, Yawhe, Jahova, Allah, and other such names. However, as with the nature of the universe, an equal yet opposite force came into being. This is the force of un-creation. Whatever it comes in contact with ceases to be. This is the Omega Effect, and Darkseid is it's master.

Quote:
I know that. It was the point I was trying to make. I'm saying that some external Higher power protects Superman from Darkseid's Omega Effect.
And I'm saying that it's highly doubtful. Superman is highly important to Earth, but he's still rather insignificant in regards to the rest of the universe.

Quote:
You know what you just did? You Manipulated the Dialog that you referenced to your benefit. (But I forgive you I did so to) Darkseid wasn't really specific in how How he was using the his effect. He just commented on how they are far hotter than the Fire pits of Apokalips. (Which are safe to assume, as hot as a Nuclear Bomb)
If he even mentioned heat, then it wasn't the true power of the Omega Effect.

Quote:
If he even could do it. Doomsday at that point was doing ludicrously powerful things. There is little evidence to support either of us in this, but a Little bit suppoprts me. Mainly that Doomsday as he was written in H/P was basically and nigh unstoppable locamotive. Even if Darkseid used the full effect of the Omega Beams on DD, based on the parameters of the storyline, DD would have walked away from that w/o injury. Especially, since Darkseid gave him a sample of his power that would allow DD to instantly evolve to higher level of the Omega effect.
No, he wouldn't have. As I said, the Omega Effect is un-creation. Everything that makes of Doomsday's being would have ceased to be as if it never were in the first place if he were subjected to the true power of the effect.

Last edited by The Question; 09-30-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #157
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
I did not manipulate anything. Darkseid himself said that the beams were hotter than the firepits. He does not mention anything at all about using the true Omega Effect. All he said was that it was hot, therefore that's all he was using the beams to create: heat. If he were actually using it to its fullest extent, there wouldn't be any heat - there would be nothingness.

With Darkseid's dialogue, plus the molten rock all over the scene, I find it hard to believe there's any other conclusion.
Quote:
Really Now that is an even bigger unsupported assumption. Even if DD attacked Darkseid Head on Darkseid would Lose badly. Strength for strength he is at most on par with Superman. He certainly isn't as fast however, whereas DD is closer to Superman's Speed Level. Take that including that DD is a quick and Brutal Killer and we have a dead Darkseid. (which is almost the case in Hunter/Prey)
Darkseid's strength is above Superman's, provided he's being written by someone other than Jeph Loeb. His reflexes have also been shown to be Superman's equal (we don't know if he can either run or fly as fast as Superman, though). I see nothing at all to prove your assumptions about Darkseid. Quite the opposite, actually.

As I wrote before, the writers had to have Doomsday attack Darkseid from behind in order to believably have 'Seid beaten so easily.
Quote:
If Darkseid had known Doomsday's true strength potential before firing the first shot of the Omega Beams, he surely would have simply transmuted Doomsday into something harmless, such as air or water; Or he could've teleported Doomsday to the end of time, such as Waverider did later; Or just erased him from existance. Doomsday's invulnerability wouldn't stop any of that. Hell, if he really wanted to have fun, Darkseid could've just reversed Doomsday's evolution and turned him back into a harmless baby.

There is no proof whatsoever that Doomsday can survive the true Omega Effect; the only thing that Hunter/Prey proved is that Doomsday can survive a massive blast of incredibly intense heat. I mean, Darkseid's Omega Beams have made even the Spectre cry in pain before, and the Spectre is God's hand of vengeance incarnate. If it can do that to the Hand of God himself, then it's really inconceivable that a simple highly-evolved organism can withstand it.

Last edited by Spike_x1; 09-30-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #158
The Question

Quote:
There is no proof whatsoever that Doomsday can survive the true Omega Effect; the only thing that Hunter/Prey proved is that Doomsday can survive a massive blast of incredibly intense heat. I mean, Darkseid's Omega Beams have made even the Spectre cry in pain before, and the Spectre is God's hand of vengeance incarnate. If it can do that to the Hand of God himself, then it's really inconceivable that a simple highly-evolved organism can withstand it.
Also, the Omega Effect has made Darkseid imune to The Spectre's, and in turn God's power, because just as Darkseid can't destroy the Source with the Omega Effect, the Source and it's representatives can't destroy the Omega Effect and in turn whoever weilds it.

Last edited by The Question; 10-01-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:32 AM   #159
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

If the search function actually worked on this site, I could point out the "Darkseid Respect Thread" in the DC forums, and hopefully educate the uninformed, but alas...

Old 10-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #160
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

I just saw the season opener of smallville, and i was disappointed to say that the 5 minutes of fight action in that small-budget TV got me more excited than the entire 3 hour movie of SR.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #161
Kroc1138
Side-Kick

Quote:
The only thing in the universe that would be imune to the Omega Effect is the Source. This is a fact.
That may well be clearly defined in DC Lore, but it is still also quite dogmatic. There are always cleary defined declarations made about certain Beings, Powers etc. But at the same time there are also little X-Factors that directly contradict these Declarations.

Quote:
Yes, I can. Let me explain the Omega Effect to you:

In the begining of things, there was creation. The force that resulted in all existence within the universe. Scientifically, it is known as the Alpha Effect. Most entities that have encountered it refer to it as The Source of The Presence. We know it as God, Yawhe, Jahova, Allah, and other such names. However, as with the nature of the universe, an equal yet opposite force came into being. This is the force of un-creation. Whatever it comes in contact with ceases to be. This is the Omega Effect, and Darkseid is it's master.
This I know.

Quote:
And I'm saying that it's highly doubtful. Superman is highly important to Earth, but he's still rather insignificant in regards to the rest of the universe.
Again that is a very Narrow minded assumption. While at face value you are correct. However, I'm say that storylines, both canon and Elseworlds paint Superman as being otherwise. While the end result is vague, Elseworld Storylines (mainly potential futures) have Showcased Superman being more sometime in the future.

Quote:
If he even mentioned heat, then it wasn't the true power of the Omega Effect.
That still doesn't refute the fact that Darkseid comment was merely just saying that the (Nuclear Reaction Temps) of the fire pits are nothing compared to the Omega Effect and nothing more. Stating that the comment meant any more than that is a leap to say the least.

Quote:
No, he wouldn't have. As I said, the Omega Effect is un-creation. Everything that makes of Doomsday's being would have ceased to be as if it never were in the first place if he were subjected to the true power of the effect.
Again, whether or not DD would resist it is unknown. It proves very little. It just shows that it is possible. But basing What we know what happens Later in Hunter/Prey, DD was intantly evolving to very Powerful attacks. A feat that he has showcased also in Doomsday Annual to a lesser degree. He Faced the GL Corps and fought to a standstill. He was actually able to absorbs their energies. Whats to stop DD from doing the same with the Omega Effect. Granted this is all Conjecture and theories, but we all should keep an open Mind on the Subject. It's all up to a competent writer to consistently portray both villains at their best and let them duke it out.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #162
The Question

Quote:
That may well be clearly defined in DC Lore, but it is still also quite dogmatic. There are always cleary defined declarations made about certain Beings, Powers etc. But at the same time there are also little X-Factors that directly contradict these Declarations.
Which is a fancy way of saying "poor writing."

Quote:
Again that is a very Narrow minded assumption. While at face value you are correct. However, I'm say that storylines, both canon and Elseworlds paint Superman as being otherwise. While the end result is vague, Elseworld Storylines (mainly potential futures) have Showcased Superman being more sometime in the future.
Elseworld stories are basically meaningless in such discussions.

Quote:
That still doesn't refute the fact that Darkseid comment was merely just saying that the (Nuclear Reaction Temps) of the fire pits are nothing compared to the Omega Effect and nothing more. Stating that the comment meant any more than that is a leap to say the least.
No, it's not. If he says that the blast has heat, then it's not the true power of the Omega Effect. The true power of the effect is nothingness.

Quote:
Again, whether or not DD would resist it is unknown. It proves very little. It just shows that it is possible. But basing What we know what happens Later in Hunter/Prey, DD was intantly evolving to very Powerful attacks. A feat that he has showcased also in Doomsday Annual to a lesser degree. He Faced the GL Corps and fought to a standstill. He was actually able to absorbs their energies. Whats to stop DD from doing the same with the Omega Effect. Granted this is all Conjecture and theories, but we all should keep an open Mind on the Subject. It's all up to a competent writer to consistently portray both villains at their best and let them duke it out.
Doosmday can't evolve to withstand the Omega Effect. The Omega Effect is the oposite of creation. Doomsday exists. He gets hit by the Omega Effect, he would cease to exist.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #163
Kroc1138
Side-Kick

Quote:
I did not manipulate anything. Darkseid himself said that the beams were hotter than the firepits. He does not mention anything at all about using the true Omega Effect. All he said was that it was hot, therefore that's all he was using the beams to create: heat. If he were actually using it to its fullest extent, there wouldn't be any heat - there would be nothingness.
I never said that that did did use the Full force of his Omegar Effect. I just said that you were making a leap in assuming that Darkseid was using his OE for generating heat beams based on his very vague commentary on how hot they were.

Quote:
With Darkseid's dialogue, plus the molten rock all over the scene, I find it hard to believe there's any other conclusion.
The fact the scene proves nothing that you stated. All it does show is that the Omega Beam do produce Thermal effect on it surrounding Enviroment. Nothing more.

Quote:
Darkseid's strength is above Superman's, provided he's being written by someone other than Jeph Loeb.
Not true at all unless you are talking about PreCrisis Darkseid. In fact Superman is Stronger than Darkseid.

Quote:
His reflexes have also been shown to be Superman's equal (we don't know if he can either run or fly as fast as Superman, though).
Again, That's based on what. There are plenty of Villains who fight Superman that are much Slower than he is and they still hold their own quite well. It doesn't they are a match, it simply mean that they are experienced in hand to hand fight enough to know how to deal with someone faster or stronger than they are.

Quote:
I see nothing at all to prove your assumptions about Darkseid. Quite the opposite, actually.
You just gave me an example. (Jeph Loeb's years with Superman) But, even before that, Darkseid hasn't been shown to be stronger than Superman.

Quote:
As I wrote before, the writers had to have Doomsday attack Darkseid from behind in order to believably have 'Seid beaten so easily.
That shows nothing. To me all it showed was that Darkseid was overconfident and that DD was quick and Brutal in taking down Darkseid. It doesn't really matter if he took him with his back turned. If Darkseid was strong enough then he would have been able to get a second wind, regroup and at least attempt to turn the tables. He couldn't, DD was faster and and stronger than Darkseid. Superman was at least able to fight DD even thought he too was very badly outmatched against him. There were even moments where his back was turned and he still was able to regroup.

Quote:
If Darkseid had known Doomsday's true strength potential before firing the first shot of the Omega Beams, he surely would have simply transmuted Doomsday into something harmless, such as air or water; Or he could've teleported Doomsday to the end of time, such as Waverider did later; Or just erased him from existance.
If it would work than maybe. Teleporting DD would probably work the best. As for Disintergrating DD, probably not since the Guardians couldn't accomplish either, and they have similar powers. It's just that DD adapted to their energies and was actually absorbing it. What's to say that the same wouldn't happen.

Quote:
Doomsday's invulnerability wouldn't stop any of that. Hell, if he really wanted to have fun, Darkseid could've just reversed Doomsday's evolution and turned him back into a harmless baby.
Yes It would. If you know how DD abilities work then you would know that he can instantly evolve as of Hunter/Prey.
To Explain: He get's attacked by a powerful force that he has never encountered. His invulerability kicks in and protects him from it. (normally DD would be comatose to evolve) If the Entity's power is used at a lower level and then he uses a Higher power it is too late. It won't have any effect on him.
Now that explanation is based on two examples of DD abilities at work. In Hunter/Prey Superman was Powered up when compared to his last fight. VERY Powered up. (A side effect from Kryptonite X from Superman #82)
Some of his Feats at that point are showcased In MOS #30.
The Next example is DD's encounter with the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians of The Universe. Which was a standstill and was almost a defeat for the Corps.

Quote:
Hunter/Prey Showed that DD can instantly evolve to Powerful attacks and Doomsday Annual shows that he could nearly defeat the GL Corps. While you points of Darkseid are valid, your attempts to undermine Doomsday are flawed. He as well has shown over the top durability when written in a certain way.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #164
The Question

Quote:
The fact the scene proves nothing that you stated. All it does show is that the Omega Beam do produce Thermal effect on it surrounding Enviroment. Nothing more.
But it doesn't. The Omega Effect causes whatever it touches to cease to exist. There is no thermal effect. Now, if he is using a thermal varient of the Omega Effect that was a simple heat beam, then it would leave melted depree behind.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #165
Kroc1138
Side-Kick

Quote:
Which is a fancy way of saying "poor writing."
That depends. If it is very poorly explained then yes, b/c it's a Deus Ex Machina. If not, then it could work. Status Quo should sometimes be broken when there is a good reason to.

Quote:
Elseworld stories are basically meaningless in such discussions.
In most discussions yes. But since some directly reference canon storylines and concepts and expand on them, I wouldn't totally render them irrelavent.

Quote:
No, it's not. If he says that the blast has heat, then it's not the true power of the Omega Effect. The true power of the effect is nothingness.
That's still vague at best. What Specifically are the properties of nothingness?? Why wouldn't heat factor in?? Extreme heat is one of many destructive factors in the universe.

Quote:
Doosmday can't evolve to withstand the Omega Effect. The Omega Effect is the oposite of creation. Doomsday exists. He gets hit by the Omega Effect, he would cease to exist.
Again, I'm still unconvinced. If Darkseid's Omega Effect is so Powerful then why (and I've been saving this) did it have absolutely no effect on Galactus?? (ref. Darkseid vs Galactus the Hunger) Chalk that up to writing inconsistencies or bad writing. (Crossovers do tend to piss some ppl off) To me that shows that there are loopholes in your declarations. And I'm sure that there are other examples. (non Crossover related)

Old 10-01-2006, 10:18 PM   #166
Kroc1138
Side-Kick

Quote:
But it doesn't. The Omega Effect causes whatever it touches to cease to exist. There is no thermal effect. Now, if he is using a thermal varient of the Omega Effect that was a simple heat beam, then it would leave melted depree behind.
Really?? Do you have some examples??

Old 10-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #167
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki_Jo
that was better than any scene in SR.....

thats what he could have done!

Old 10-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #168
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Marvel
so....much.....collateral....damage.
worse than 9/11

Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #169
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Default Re: I don't get the Wrath of Khan reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper
hes trying to tell us he wont go with the romantic bull**** and this time, he will go for a kick ass sci-fi movie which is mindblowing... kinda like wrath of khan, which lets admit, was a good movie when it came out.
LOL!!... i would wish that was true...

but i dont find singer to be anywhere near The Wachowskys

Old 10-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #170
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
I never said that that did did use the Full force of his Omegar Effect. I just said that you were making a leap in assuming that Darkseid was using his OE for generating heat beams based on his very vague commentary on how hot they were.
Darkseid said that the beams were hot, therefore he was using them to create heat. What exactly is so hard to comprehend here?
Quote:
The fact the scene proves nothing that you stated. All it does show is that the [particular] Omega Beam [that Darkseid used in that scene] do produce Thermal effect on it surrounding Enviroment. Nothing more.
Exactly. The beam Darkseid used in that scene produced a thermal effect. It did not erase anything; it only blasted Doomsday into a bunch of rocks and melted it all into the ground, burying DD under the molten rock.

Heat is not the true Omega Effect. The true Effect would result in nothing left in its wake; no molten rock, no smoke, no fire, nothing.
Quote:
Not true at all unless you are talking about PreCrisis Darkseid. In fact Superman is Stronger than Darkseid.
Show me some proof of this from before the year 2000 where the writers at DC began to consistently water down many villains in Superman's titles, and I might take your claim seriously.
Quote:
Again, That's based on what. There are plenty of Villains who fight Superman that are much Slower than he is and they still hold their own quite well. It doesn't they are a match, it simply mean that they are experienced in hand to hand fight enough to know how to deal with someone faster or stronger than they are.
In Superman #3, Darkseid grabbed Clark by the throat with enough speed that Clark didn't realize that Darkseid had even moved until his hand was around his neck.
Quote:
You just gave me an example. (Jeph Loeb's years with Superman) But, even before that, Darkseid hasn't been shown to be stronger than Superman.
LMAO

Lobo is someone who's been shown to be equal to Superman, and yet he nearly broke his hand when he hit Darkseid in the face, while 'Seid was completely unphased.
Quote:
That shows nothing. To me all it showed was that Darkseid was overconfident and that DD was quick and Brutal in taking down Darkseid. It doesn't really matter if he took him with his back turned. If Darkseid was strong enough then he would have been able to get a second wind, regroup and at least attempt to turn the tables. He couldn't, DD was faster and and stronger than Darkseid. Superman was at least able to fight DD even thought he too was very badly outmatched against him. There were even moments where his back was turned and he still was able to regroup.
Sneak up behind someone, then sucker punch them with your best punch. Just wait and see if they can actually get back up before you can put in more hits to keep them down. It's not that hard at all if you've got the element of surprise on your side and press that advantage.
Quote:
If it would work than maybe. Teleporting DD would probably work the best. As for Disintergrating DD, probably not since the Guardians couldn't accomplish either, and they have similar powers. It's just that DD adapted to their energies and was actually absorbing it. What's to say that the same wouldn't happen.
I thought it was obvious that DD was absorbing the energy through the ring.
Quote:
Yes It would. If you know how DD abilities work then you would know that he can instantly evolve as of Hunter/Prey.
And if you knew how Darkseid's powers work, then you would know that he can simply reverse Doomsday's entire hyper-evolution, effectively taking away the very source of his power.
Quote:
To Explain: He get's attacked by a powerful force that he has never encountered. His invulerability kicks in and protects him from it. (normally DD would be comatose to evolve) If the Entity's power is used at a lower level and then he uses a Higher power it is too late. It won't have any effect on him.
Now that explanation is based on two examples of DD abilities at work. In Hunter/Prey Superman was Powered up when compared to his last fight. VERY Powered up. (A side effect from Kryptonite X from Superman #82)
Some of his Feats at that point are showcased In MOS #30.
The Next example is DD's encounter with the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians of The Universe. Which was a standstill and was almost a defeat for the Corps.

Hunter/Prey Showed that DD can instantly evolve to Powerful attacks and Doomsday Annual shows that he could nearly defeat the GL Corps. While you points of Darkseid are valid, your attempts to undermine Doomsday are flawed. He as well has shown over the top durability when written in a certain way.
You really don't know anything about Darkseid and what he can do, do you? Comparing him to the power of the GL Corp, and just leaving it at that, doesn't quite fly.

Learn.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #171
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki_Jo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLPDw2iTeU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0VNjribyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo6F4xYTvA

I think this gives a great idea of what Superman can do while fighting and enemy that physically matches him.
It would be really cool to see those implemented on film.

What are your thoughts?

One more fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1uS2ztPaCU

Yeah...those are all great examples of the types of action and fight scenes that are will needed....BADLY in the sequel. Everything but Superman staying to fight in Metroplis....the fight needs to be elsewhere. To many lives would be at stake.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #172
TripXyDE
Third-World Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight
Yeah...those are all great examples of the types of action and fight scenes that are will needed....BADLY in the sequel. Everything but Superman staying to fight in Metroplis....the fight needs to be elsewhere. To many lives would be at stake.
YEAH...but then again, there may be villains that really intend to face Superman in the middle of the City so that said villain could use civilians as obstacles to break Superman more

WOULDNT it be COOL to see Superman turning to the civilians and is pissed off while barking at them: PLEASE! do YOURSELVES A FAVOR--STAY CLEAR OF THE WAY!

Old 10-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #173
Dan33977
Banned User

this is awesome news, i think. I love SUPERMAN RETURNS and I cannot wait to see its sequel!!

Old 10-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #174
Eros
Side-Kick

so singer obvioulsy wants Zod for the sequel, i mean he wanted Zod for Superman Returns lol. Anway to bad we will have to wait 3 years to find out.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #175
zanos
Banned User

Apparently Singer got all "Wrath of Khan" on X2 and it was actually more boring than the first film.

Closed Thread