The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 02:08 AM   #1876
Reebee52
Side-Kick

Default Re: Describe the perfect action scene you would like to see in any future Superman fi

Oh man, I've thought of this so many times... Some of your guys' ideas are fantastic by the way. Either way, the next movie needs to have some intense action scenes with high stakes and a great story. There's no reason it can't be as good as The Dark KNight. I'd love to see one with Darkseid and Brainiac, perhaps as someone said, Brainiac launching into a third, climactic Darkseid movie.
But it would be great to see Superman and Brainiac duke it out from land to sky, Darkseid and Supes battle across Metropolis (lots of destruction ensues). But one thing I'd like to see is a battle where Superman fights alongside humans. I'd love to see an intense aerial battle with Apokoliptian Ships vs. Superman and some F-18s. Superman could give a moving pep-talk to the pilots, and then a battle ensues. Someone talked about catching missiles, it would be sweet to see a jet 'pass' a missile to Superman. Like shoots it at him, he catches it and quickly throws it at something.
Pilot: The missile's not accurate enough. I can't hit it.
Superman: I can. Shoot me.
God that'd be sweet. They have got to make this sequel...
I also, at some point, want to see a live Doomsday fight. The Abomonation from Hulk had the Doomsday character down pat (and even looked like him).

Old 07-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #1877
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Describe the perfect action scene you would like to see in any future Superman fi

I really loved the imagery from Superman/Batman:Supergirl when Superman and Darkseid were fighting in with the sun in back ground, i think that would be amazing to see on screen on i hope we get it one day.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #1878
Reebee52
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I really loved the imagery from Superman/Batman:Supergirl when Superman and Darkseid were fighting in with the sun in back ground, i think that would be amazing to see on screen on i hope we get it one day.
Yeah, that was a great one. Too bad most of the other Superman/Batman stories aren't nearly as great as that one was.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #1879
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

I'd have to agree that a downtown battle, with lots of environmental/property damage is the way to go. Superman doing some creative saves during this would be cool as well.

Also, Superman cutting loose also sounds cool... of course, keeping in mind Superman wouldn't cut loose around civvies, meaning you want either a good ol' canyon battle or some out in space tussle. Something seems cool to me about Superman bodyslamming someone into the moon.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #1880
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1 View Post
I'd have to agree that a downtown battle, with lots of environmental/property damage is the way to go. Superman doing some creative saves during this would be cool as well.

Also, Superman cutting loose also sounds cool... of course, keeping in mind Superman wouldn't cut loose around civvies, meaning you want either a good ol' canyon battle or some out in space tussle. Something seems cool to me about Superman bodyslamming someone into the moon.
Imagine a fight out in the remote parts of nevada between Supes and Brainiac. Supes slams him down into the ground from 2 miles up, and Brainiac's impact creates a half mile wide crater. A dust cloud and tremors can be seen and felt for miles around.

News copters race to the scene trying to be the first on air with a live feed of the struggle. The entire nation and world witness the battle for the very existence of Mankind.

Brainiac summons his army of drones.

Mankind, having everything at stake in this battle, joins in the struggle with it's military.

Brainiac and countless drones on one side, Superman and the military on the other.
( since this is a battle for Earth, I would have several militaries from around the world involved, because even if it is on American soil, if we lose, they lose.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 07-21-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #1881
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Sounds pretty cool... there's only so many different flavours of environmental damage you can do in a deserted area. But I do like the world watching idea, news cameras, military sattelites.

I think if you have a lot of drones that it can seem cheesy if you don't make the 'epicness' adequate. If Superman, say, had to deal with the military earlier in the movie, and General Eiling was anti-Supes, but then at the end is inpsired and brings in the forces to help, that's cool. Not sure about the drones... you don't want them to have that cartoon drone effect, where their only purpose and significance is to fill the screen and fill empty space where you don't have any plot. Perhaps if the drones were permutations on human tech or something, then they'd have that whole 'traitor' vibe or 'this is the future of earth is Brainy wins' vibe.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #1882
Superman-Prime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
[IMG]~Superman VS Metallo Image~[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post

as for what I want... any of the major battle sequences from TAS or JLA/U. But if one was to be picked from those, it would be a battle like that between Superman and Captain Marvel in the JLU episode Clash, where the two pretty much destroy an entire city that 'good' Luthor built... only with Brainiac hailing from New Krypton

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

that, but exchange Marvel with Brainiac,,, cool
That is what MOS need.

IMO, they need to do airplane rescue again, just like Superman The Animated Series in "The Last Son of Krypton", part 3.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #1883
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Sounds pretty cool... there's only so many different flavours of environmental damage you can do in a deserted area. But I do like the world watching idea, news cameras, military sattelites.

I think if you have a lot of drones that it can seem cheesy if you don't make the 'epicness' adequate. If Superman, say, had to deal with the military earlier in the movie, and General Eiling was anti-Supes, but then at the end is inpsired and brings in the forces to help, that's cool. Not sure about the drones... you don't want them to have that cartoon drone effect, where their only purpose and significance is to fill the screen and fill empty space where you don't have any plot. Perhaps if the drones were permutations on human tech or something, then they'd have that whole 'traitor' vibe or 'this is the future of earth is Brainy wins' vibe.
Exactly. It would be an enemy of my enemy situation.
As for the drones, they would be very scary looking. Kinda half man and half machine in appearence. with some even able to fly. The military and drones have an epic fight, while Superman and Brainiac finish theirs.

You could even have Supes losing the battle at the start, and when all seems lost, the military shows up with weapons created by star labs.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 07-21-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #1884
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

No airplane rescue. The one in Returns was great, but we've already seen two of them now in a the Superman films.

No, need something new

Old 07-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #1885
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'd like to see him save a friggin' train. I mean the whole thing.
Or maybe he hears about a nuclear sub sinking with all hands on board. He rushes out, dives down, and hoists the whole thing up.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #1886
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
Exactly. It would be an enemy of my enemy situation.
As for the drones, they would be very scary looking. Kinda half man and half machine in appearence. with some even able to fly. The military and drones have an epic fight, while Superman and Brainiac finish theirs.

You could even have Supes losing the battle at the start, and when all seems lost, the military shows up with weapons created by star labs.
I'd go the more emotional route than the 'uber powaz' route. When the military shows up, a disheartened superman realizes he has to win because there's so many people here to lay their lives on the line for him... and the longer he loses, the more people die. Pretty intense motivation for the boy scout.

Edit: I have a scene in my head for the finish of the fight. Braniac says something insulting or prodding to Supe, addressing him as "Kal-El." Throughout the movie, Superman has replied "My name is Clark Kent." At the end of the film, as Superman rips Braniac's head from his body he says... "My name is Superman." As this happens, the drones (many in the process of killing brave underpowered soldiers) shut down, and the whole world breathes a big giant 'whew.'

A big save? Hard to top the space shuttle and jet.

How about the whole space station?
Afer that, a train sounds like a good second bet.
But the again, seeing a whole sub rise from the water does sound hot.

Last edited by GL1; 07-21-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #1887
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
I'd go the more emotional route than the 'uber powaz' route. When the military shows up, a disheartened superman realizes he has to win because there's so many people here to lay their lives on the line for him... and the longer he loses, the more people die. Pretty intense motivation for the boy scout.

Edit: I have a scene in my head for the finish of the fight. Braniac says something insulting or prodding to Supe, addressing him as "Kal-El." Throughout the movie, Superman has replied "My name is Clark Kent." At the end of the film, as Superman rips Braniac's head from his body he says... "My name is Superman." As this happens, the drones (many in the process of killing brave underpowered soldiers) shut down, and the whole world breathes a big giant 'whew.'

A big save? Hard to top the space shuttle and jet.

How about the whole space station?
Afer that, a train sounds like a good second bet.
But the again, seeing a whole sub rise from the water does sound hot.
A cruise ship would be awesome as well. Have it hit by a tidal wave, and just as it starts to roll over it stops. The captain, shocked, looks out the window and sees Superman there, righting the Ship.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #1888
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

Kinda off topic. But, the plane rescue scene in SR would have been the absolute perfect way of the world being introduced to Superman if the movie was an origin story.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #1889
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
Kinda off topic. But, the plane rescue scene in SR would have been the absolute perfect way of the world being introduced to Superman if the movie was an origin story.
Yes it would have been. The plane scene was great. The only problem I had with it, was that it wasnt topped throughout the rest of the film.

Also, the shirt rip was horrible, just horrible.
I wanted the classic shirtrip with the williams theme blairing. The way it was shown you would have thought that scene was toward the end of the film, and we had already been treated to a good shirt rip before.
I mean, my gosh, it had been nearly 20 years since we saw Superman on the big screen. You would think they could have at least gotten the Shirt rip right.
I know the story behind it, but they should have re-shot that scene. No excuse there.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #1890
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

I like the Cruise Ship... but I think I wouldn't be happy until superman actually lifted a damaged cruise ship out of the water. That would make me happy. Carrying a cruise ship to dock.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #1891
Superman-Prime
Side-Kick

Quote:
I loved SR and I hate to say this, but I agree with you.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #1892
GreenKToo
In the fire

That would be something to see. A 1,000' long, who knows how many tons, ship being carried through the air.
Lol, it'd look like an ant carrying a candy bar.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #1893
GL1
It's pronounced "glee"

Yeah, you'd have to downplay that part, emphasize on the shots of... 'omg, we're cruising through air!' And just a few onlookers getting a glimpse of the little speck at the bottom as the ship lands... and then superman rises from the waves all stately and mess.

Put this as your opener. Foiling something massive, like a jailbreak or a gang war single handedly somewhere early in the second act, ramp up to fighting some brainiac derivative late in the second/early in the third and finish the movie with the huge kamehameha of throwdowns described above, and you've really got something.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #1894
Reebee52
Side-Kick

Quote:
Damn. Yeah it would be...
Somebody should cut scenes from all the Superman movies to make a new one... Granted it'd be a lot of the first Superman, but some scense from SR could be added in there for action sake (let's face it. 70s Superman action... A little dated, especially when Donner left). Yeah the actors would be different, but it could still be neat.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #1895
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

They need to just take some samples of fights he's had in the DCAU and just bring those to live action. That 200 million price tag of the last flick, we should have gotten like three really good sequences out of that.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #1896
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

^Yes, yes we should have.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 PM   #1897
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Scaling back the budget/Wrath of Khan theory

Bumped

Action sequences you want to see?

GO!

Old 08-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #1898
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: "Going Wrath Of Khan":The Official MOS Action Thread

Well for one I would like to see Superman use big objects to use as throwing projectiles like a big old boulder rock or rip off a big light post or flag post and use it as a throwing spear or something. That would be sweet to see.

Hmm...what else....?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #1899
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: "Going Wrath Of Khan":The Official MOS Action Thread

^That sounds awesome.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #1900
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I'd like to see him save a friggin' train. I mean the whole thing.
Or maybe he hears about a nuclear sub sinking with all hands on board. He rushes out, dives down, and hoists the whole thing up.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread