The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #26
X
Side-Kick
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 24,046
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
Just so you can make that fat little head of yours grow bigger when they say 'wow X you got everything spot on'

Believe it or not X but there are people here who want to just vote. Not blow smoke up your ass all day.
Input is not ego masterbation.

I put work into everything I write. Lots of it. I want to know what I'm doing right and wrong. I strive to improve it, unlike you. That's quite obvious by your win/loss ratio, and your tempter tantrums over leaving the League.

Oh, that's right, you left.

Don't let the door hit you on ass on the way out.

__________________
What can change the nature of a man?
X is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #27
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Speaking of people leaving...

With all these holes opening up in the DTL, can I have a second team? (Yeah, I know I probably can't, but I just had this cool idea for one, and I figured maybe I could be a stopgap.)


Last edited by Aristotle; 11-19-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 03:38 AM   #28
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

If X is in fact gone...

Drop: Superman 1M

Pick UP: Else Man

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 AM   #29
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

You must admit, there's really no way to make any kind of excuse about combatting power creep when you make that trade. Your team is just taking a player that you earlier felt was unacceptable.

Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 04:14 AM   #30
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Drop - Apollo (DM)
Pick Up - Aztek (DM)

Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 04:28 AM   #31
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
You must admit, there's really no way to make any kind of excuse about combatting power creep when you make that trade. Your team is just taking a player that you earlier felt was unacceptable.
It is called defensive. If he is allowed I am not going to stand morally and not use it. I would have ratherred not have him in, in the first place but given he is I would rather him then Superman 1M.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 05:50 AM   #32
Dark Gog
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 559
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
If X is in fact gone...

Drop: Superman 1M

Pick UP: Else Man
And, if Ahura's doing that, then I'm reserving both SmM and Else-Man with his powers until I know for sure whether they're still eligible. But really, can we just drop Supes One-Million altogether, now that the person pushing for his inclusion is no longer participating?

Drop Coldcast (unrated)
For Batman 1-Million (DR).

__________________
The Batgirl Respect Thread.
Dark Gog is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 05:57 AM   #33
Dark Gog
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 559
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

I'm still assuming Temugin and The Mandarin should be Ubers. Anyone disagree?

__________________
The Batgirl Respect Thread.
Dark Gog is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 06:06 AM   #34
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Gog View Post
And, if Ahura's doing that, then I'm reserving both SmM and Else-Man with his powers until I know for sure whether they're still eligible. But really, can we just drop Supes One-Million altogether, now that the person pushing for his inclusion is no longer participating?

Drop Coldcast (unrated)
For Batman 1-Million (DR).
I just took else man.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #35
Nightwing
The Next Batman
 
Nightwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bludhaven
Posts: 5,248
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Im still for the whole Temugin being uber with two hands. If he has only one hand then could you list what powers that entails with that hand and he might be debatable for medium....as for Mandarin i believe he's a powerful mage yes?if so from what i know hes an uber too.

__________________
Avatar Thread

Avatar requests? PM me...I'll see what I can do.

Show some support to a budding writer

Nightwing is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 06:20 AM   #36
Dark Gog
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 559
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
I just took else man.
Yep. And I reserved the version of the character that had SmM's powerset.

__________________
The Batgirl Respect Thread.
Dark Gog is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #37
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
You must admit, there's really no way to make any kind of excuse about combatting power creep when you make that trade. Your team is just taking a player that you earlier felt was unacceptable.
We approach drafting a bit like an arms race. Better we have the ridiculously overpowered character than you, in our opinion, of course.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #38
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Gog View Post
Yep. And I reserved the version of the character that had SmM's powerset.
Are you kiiding me. It is obvious I am using the Supes 1M power set.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #39
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
Are you kiiding me. It is obvious I am using the Supes 1M power set.
No, I'm pretty sure Dark Gog's taking that version. That's about the sleaziest thing since my buddy's girlfriend dumped for her best friend's father, but you didn't specify a powerset.

Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #40
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
No, I'm pretty sure Dark Gog's taking that version. That's about the sleaziest thing since my buddy's girlfriend dumped for her best friend's father, but you didn't specify a powerset.
He didn't specify a powerset, no, but he DID specify he was drafting the one X had on his team. Which was the Else-Man with Sues M*'s powerset.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #41
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

The hell with this...

Drop Else Man

Pick up Else Man (with Superman 1M powerset)

If anyone wants to argue, lets go at it given I would not have specified if X is leaving if I meant any other powerset.

Personally and I know my partner agrees I would be in favor of getting rid of else man, supes 1m and Superman prime.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #42
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Of course you would, you're pissed you didn't get him first and you're trying to eliminate another owner's dangerous player. Can we maybe NOT try to screw each other over here? Wiegs has already ruled that feats of Superman-Prime after the start of the season don't count. He is uber. So please quit trying to get rid of my character. I come in here after the season starts, at a distinct disadvantage against a lot of people who have played this a lot before, with a lot of the best characters already snatched up, and then I try to be just a little creative, or think just a little bit outside the box, and people try to sabotage me.

Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:58 AM   #43
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Ok, I just declared Else-Man tuber in the Rankings thread. I have no desire to keep him legal, and some of the reasons even I stated for him being on a trial basis just aren't enough.


Also, the Update thread is behind on transactions, so everyone please look over your lineups and rosters and let me know what's missing.


Lastly, we've got to start moving these non-transaction posts into the Discussion thread. Because after just a couple of posts, transactions get easily lost. And now it's just Tim and me trying to keep track of everything.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:00 AM   #44
Aristotle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,272
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Only transaction I'm behind on is Drop Apollo (DM), Pick Up Aztek (DM)

Aristotle is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #45
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Drop: Else Man

Pick up: Superman 1M (All-Star)

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #46
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Not anymore.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:13 AM   #47
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda View Post
Drop: Else Man

Pick up: Superman 1M (All-Star)
Your roster says you already have Supes 1M.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #48
Nightwing
The Next Batman
 
Nightwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bludhaven
Posts: 5,248
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Yeah i thought calling 'dibs' on a character wasnt allowed.

Also i think my team is still as it was...not made any changes...not yet anyway

__________________
Avatar Thread

Avatar requests? PM me...I'll see what I can do.

Show some support to a budding writer

Nightwing is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:22 AM   #49
Khellendros
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,336
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Your roster says you already have Supes 1M.
According to X, the one in All-Star Superman was a different version.

Khellendros is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:28 AM   #50
Dark Gog
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 559
Default Re: Dream Team League Transactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
No, I'm pretty sure Dark Gog's taking that version. That's about the sleaziest thing since my buddy's girlfriend dumped for her best friend's father, but you didn't specify a powerset.
Thank-you. That's what I was going for.

I was just making a point, anyway.

__________________
The Batgirl Respect Thread.
Dark Gog is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.